Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing

Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Co-op need to learn student
Accounting Clerk / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
First time on Co-Op work. Learn help to filled out the conservation Land Forms. Report and recorded data and summarized with the computer.
Great learning experience with meeting new people everyday
Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2013
This was a great learning experience for myself as I had never worked in this kind of setting before. All of my co-workers were willing to open up about their experiences and give me great feedback, which was appreciated. Every day in the office was different; some days were slower than others. The hardest part of the job was being able to sit down one-on-one with all of the co-workers as they had a lot of work to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and hearing their stories about how they got to where they are.
Great place to start a career
Planning Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2012
Pros: slow paced environment made it an excellent entry level job, weekly staff gatherings with food, fun and caring co-workers
Cons: cushy job
Mostly worked on research projects assigned to me by other co-workers.

I learned how to survive and thrive in an office environment.

Once I got to know them, management were friendly and participated in staff events.

Co-workers were focused on their work, and they are fun to be with. Admin staff are very caring and motherly.

Hardest Part - Adjusting to a professional work environment

Enjoyable Part - I loved working in downtown Toronto. I enjoyed having pie and cake with my co-workers every Friday afternoon.
Wonderful environment with very kind people
Web Designer - Internationally Trained Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2012
It's been the best job I've ever had. My term as an intern is almost done, I would like to extend my work in the Ministry, but of course it is not in my hands.