Ministry of Labour Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Very stagnant
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Slow rigid work culture. Resistant to change. Novel ideas are not valued. I did not feel like a valued employee working here.
Pros
Regular work hours
Cons
Underutilized, low pay, disrespect to employees
A good place to work with a dedicated team of professionals working for the good of the people.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS AUDITOR 1 (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OntarioApril 11, 2013
The work consisted of case management of many files for triage/investigation of alleged violations of the provincial labour laws/legislation. Telephone interviews to the employees would be made on each file and specific documents/info would be requested based on the claim. Discussions with employers took place on a daily basis. We worked independently but management was there to back us up when we made decisions based on the legislation. I learned that most government workers are dedicated, professional and extremely hard workers who do not get the credit they deserve from the tax payers. The hardest part of the job is the same...not getting the respect/credit from the public we serve for the hard work and stress we encounter on a daily basis as there is a mentality that government workers don't do much. However, the front line workers work very hard, but the people at the top who are the decision/policy makers sometimes flop back and forth on policies based on which government is in power. This sometimes makes people feel that we don't know what we are doing. I can personally attest to the stress due to the nature of the job, and the anger directed at us from unhappy claimants/employers. However, when we were able to resolve a claim and an employee got their money that was owed to them, or the employer is told that there were no violations and they say "thank you". The stress and long hours were well worth it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
continuous change based on government in power
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 27, 2015
Great work environment and people. Everyone who worked there was amazing and very helpful. Learned a lot about Mining and Mining Health and Safety.
office duties as assigned
Reception, data entry (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 4, 2012
reception,
data entry
file management
data management
helpful co-workers
Pros
regular hours
Cons
little stability
Assisting companies and individuals understand the requirements og OHSA & RegulationsInvesti
Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2013
Providing engineering assistance to inspectors.
Committee work: e.g. Regulation review
Accident investigations.
Pros
making a difference to safety in ontario
Cons
no rewards for hard work