Ministry of Government Services

Ministry of Government Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning Work Experience
Jr. Web Developer (Co-Op) (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 6, 2014
Working as a Co-op I have experienced that the organisation is so supporting for freshers. Everyday I am learning new things with the experienced developers.
Productive and fun work place.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: tedious work
I enjoyed working at the Ministry of Government Services. However, it was a contract position for just a short time. I did interact with the employees and they were very helpful and cooperative.
Large number of systems and network
Technology Architect - Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
This client has very large number of networks, systems spread across Ontario in multiple data centers, this client also built a Tier-4 data center with most advanced networking gear to cater the most advanced server hardware available in the market today. Clearly a technology focused organization.
A place to learn and grow.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2013
Highly paced environment.
Work under pressure on production environment, decision making skills.
Management is excellent.
Experienced and willing to help co-workers.
Jump through hoops and beg for your job
HR (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers were great
Cons: management incompetent, admins thought they ran the place
Management was/is absolutely incompetent and petty. Most employees were kept on temporary contracts and made to jump through hoops and beg for their jobs as if the organization was the little fiefdom of the manager and not a large, public sector, organization.
Organized work place, critical thinking, employee satisfaction, creative, personal improvement
Technical Support-co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: free tokens
Cons: na
- Projects would be assigned by the manager usually by weekly, then it becomes our responsibility to meet the projects requirements
- Holding full responsibility of the projects and that includes: receiving the equipment, unpacking, installing, configuring, backing up and restoring or fixing, guaranteeing customer satisfaction and reporting.
- scheduling, – more... assigning projects and resolving issues that require management permissions and that all was done through either personal meeting, conference calls, emails or Blackberry.
-very respected, sociable, organized and helpful
-hardest part was traveling around in winter
-most enjoyable part was variety of challenges, meeting new people – less
Excellent place to work!
Desktop Support Assistant (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 5, 2013
I really enjoyed working in the Ontario Public Service (I was a summer student employee). I was in IT, and so I got to assist government employees from various departments and learn a bit about each. They had many events and charities to get involved in. I think that's the part I enjoyed most other than learning from management about the centralization – more... of various departments in the OPS. – less
Family oriented work place, great friends, considered my family.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: christmas dinners, special lunches (birthdays) pot lucks
Cons: un-stable management
my typical day at work, being greeted good morning by all, the smiles of your family away from home.
I learned that managers can make you and break you all in the same day.
my co-workers, friends, love ones, shoulders to lean on, family.
the hardest part of my job, getting to know the name of the current manager
my co-workers, pot-luck days, lunch-room, – more... summer going for walks – less
Fair employer which gives equal oppurtunities
Senior Business Analyst - Agency Coordination (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 28, 2012
Pros: good retirement package
Cons: not applicable
Provides good training particularly on relationship mamagement, commununcations and project management
Good environment and fast paced
Oracle Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2012
A place that the technology is always changing and growing, great people, diverse and fun place to work.
Very enjoyable workplace with friendly individuals
IT Support Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: computer issues
Cons: n/a
I have been working at MGS for 4 months as an IT Support Officer and the experience has been great. On a typical work day I usually handle user computer issues and assist in troubleshooting and resolving the issue. Not a single day is repetitive working at MGS because of the exposure to different issues and problems that I come across. I have learned – more... alot about computer troubleshooting while improving my communication and customer service skills. In all it's a great job/ environment to work. – less
Not much stress
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: too repetitive
Everyday is pretty much the same, and there is not much work to do, but coworkers r nice
Stable and well-run organization which plays a pivotal role in the Ontario Public Service
Procurement Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours and arrangements
Cons: relatively conservative, static culture compared to private sector
The Ministry of Government Services offers a highly structured work environment with definitive roles and many opportunities for career advancement. The organization also manages to strike a healthy work-life balance by promoting fair working hours, performance-based incentives and fun teambuilding activities.
Wonderful growing organization
Service Order Desk Agent in Co-ordination Role (Former Employee), St CatharinesFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: great wage, great hours, upward movement
Cons: contract, low job security, 3rd party hires
Its a government job, the pay is great, the job is easy and the people are fun. Management is helpful and has an open door policy. There is plenty of room for upward movement and an always challenging work atmosphere. The down side is the Governement does not hire you directly but through 3rd party consulting firms which means they can let you go for – more... sneezing funny. Its difficult to become and actual government employee and your contract expires every 6 to 18 months. – less