Ministry of Government Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great job and good people
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 August 2017
I was fortunate to work with some really good people at this job. I learned a lot about the ministry work and got to do a little bit of traveling, as well.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
n/a
good place
Record Centre Clerk (Student Job) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
good quiet place to work, not much stress but need to be careful as to making sure you are the best at what you do as youre dealing with important documents
sirst computer job
Junior Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
ran 12 hr shifts 3 days on 3 nights and 3 off depending on schedule. It was contract and enjoyable. I was offered to stay but schooling was more important. the 12 he shifts were hoard on body
Great
Infrastructure Technology Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
good learning environment Upper level is very efficient in how they teach the content learned a lot from them. Very helpful and easy going managers, great place to be working.
the hardest part of the job
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Ministries of Highways and Infastructure Building7 May 2017
The hardest part of this job was getting up at three am to get ready for work. then go work for 4 hours and then take a 4 hour lunch, then work for another 4 hours. It made for a real long day.
Pros
I worked all on my own
Cons
when took holidays it wasn't covered
a Good place to work
Technology Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
I worked there as a consultant but have noticed that:
1. FTE and consultants are not always treated the same way
2. There are lots of opportunities to learn and improve knowledge -if one is FTE
3. It looked to me that it would be hard to advance within the same organization
4. as an Organization, it is on a slower side when adopting new technologies

Overall, people are great and the atmosphere is positive.
Good work experience
Job Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2015
Provides an opportunity to experience a broad range of work and develop a broad range of skills. Culture is diverse with many challenges in its rigidity.
A great place to work and good culture and employees.
Records Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  3215 Erindale Station Rd.24 April 2015
A small company but a great team and working atmosphere. Teamwork is crucial part of getting work/assignments completed.
Had good scope for growth under nice management. Working with experienced team members gave more opportunity to learn
System Analyst for Tools and Automation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
Ministry of Government Services given me opportunity to learn Canadian work culture. Got to know importance of Networking.
Worked with great team always guide to grab opportunity and give your best. Encouraged to build network.
Work ethics values of company plays a vital role in transforming person. learning is never ending process. Sky is the limit of education which is very true. Hard work means more smart work will help you reach heights.
Management was awesome. More friendly and at the same time more focused on the deadlines.
Best Team members Hard working, dedicated towards the goals of the team.
Pros
Personality development team outings, recreation activities
Cons
nothing
Learning Work Experience
Jr. Web Developer (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 October 2014
Working as a Co-op I have experienced that the organisation is so supporting for freshers. Everyday I am learning new things with the experienced developers.

Want to know more about Ministry of Government Services?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work place.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2014
I enjoyed working at the Ministry of Government Services. However, it was a contract position for just a short time. I did interact with the employees and they were very helpful and cooperative.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tedious work
Large number of systems and network
Technology Architect - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2014
This client has very large number of networks, systems spread across Ontario in multiple data centers, this client also built a Tier-4 data center with most advanced networking gear to cater the most advanced server hardware available in the market today. Clearly a technology focused organization.
Relaxed work environment
I.T. Support Officer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 October 2013
Majority of people are easy going and great people to work with.
A place to learn and grow.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2013
Highly paced environment.
Work under pressure on production environment, decision making skills.
Management is excellent.
Experienced and willing to help co-workers.
Jump through hoops and beg for your job
HR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2013
Management was/is absolutely incompetent and petty. Most employees were kept on temporary contracts and made to jump through hoops and beg for their jobs as if the organization was the little fiefdom of the manager and not a large, public sector, organization.
Pros
Co-workers were great
Cons
Management incompetent, admins thought they ran the place
Organized work place, critical thinking, employee satisfaction, creative, personal improvement
Technical Support-co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2013
- Projects would be assigned by the manager usually by weekly, then it becomes our responsibility to meet the projects requirements
- Holding full responsibility of the projects and that includes: receiving the equipment, unpacking, installing, configuring, backing up and restoring or fixing, guaranteeing customer satisfaction and reporting.
- scheduling, assigning projects and resolving issues that require management permissions and that all was done through either personal meeting, conference calls, emails or Blackberry.
-very respected, sociable, organized and helpful
-hardest part was traveling around in winter
-most enjoyable part was variety of challenges, meeting new people
Pros
free tokens
Cons
Na
Family oriented work place, great friends, considered my family.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario23 January 2013
my typical day at work, being greeted good morning by all, the smiles of your family away from home.
I learned that managers can make you and break you all in the same day.
my co-workers, friends, love ones, shoulders to lean on, family.
the hardest part of my job, getting to know the name of the current manager
my co-workers, pot-luck days, lunch-room, summer going for walks
Pros
christmas dinners, special lunches (birthdays) pot lucks
Cons
un-stable management
Fair employer which gives equal oppurtunities
Senior Business Analyst - Agency Coordination (Current Employee) –  Toronto28 December 2012
Provides good training particularly on relationship mamagement, commununcations and project management
Pros
good retirement package
Cons
not applicable
Good environment and fast paced
Oracle Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2012
A place that the technology is always changing and growing, great people, diverse and fun place to work.
Very enjoyable workplace with friendly individuals
IT Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2012
I have been working at MGS for 4 months as an IT Support Officer and the experience has been great. On a typical work day I usually handle user computer issues and assist in troubleshooting and resolving the issue. Not a single day is repetitive working at MGS because of the exposure to different issues and problems that I come across. I have learned alot about computer troubleshooting while improving my communication and customer service skills. In all it's a great job/ environment to work.
Pros
computer issues
Cons
n/a