Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and good working environment
Assistant Internal Auditor (Current Employee), MaseruApril 1, 2014
Pros: freshers courses
Cons: long hours
Accuracy and pay attention to given task and to organize, priorities and deal with pressure
High aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations
Internship
Internship - Tourism Department (Former Employee), ParisMarch 28, 2014
This was my first office job experience. I was required to translate French articles to English, to then post them on the government website.
Governmental Environment
Vice chief of Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Egypt CairoMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Vice chief of Purchasing Department in the Ministry of Finance where I was responsible for all purchasing procedures from direct purchase to organizing bidding and making contracts with the second party.
Result oriented work environment with fun...
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee), MonroviaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: frequent travel and staying long away from home
It was a stimulating work environment. Go to work by 9am and leave by 4pm. The management is very resourceful. There is a friendly team of workers. The job requires frequent travel to the country side. Being away from family for long periods.

End of year parties, bonuses, and birth day parties.
lots of travelling
Auditor (Former Employee), Suva, FijiJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours at times
MY FIRST EMPLOYMENT IN A GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT WHICH AWAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guyana, South AmericaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: c
Cons: v
Very fun and productive place to work. Great interaction with senior management and the employees. Great learning environment.
i maintain confidentiality and more on assessing the income tax and calculating employee tax withheld from remuneration emolument
job attarchment (Former Employee), OshakatiDecember 13, 2013
Pros: staff menber leisure time at 1 oclock
Cons: when sorting files or withdrawing files
i was attached to registry ,income tax,employee tax, and value added departments.• Filling of file and document correspondence (Income Tax ,value Added Tax and Employee Tax)
• Attending to outgoing and incoming postage /mail
• Keeping confidential matter /document
• Attending to incoming and outgoing calls
• Making photocopies
• Doing calculation of – more... VAT Assessment
• Capturing of PAYER 5 tax certificates on system
• Calculating of income tax assessments
• Calculating Employee tax withheld from remuneration emolument – less
implement new technologies and policies,work under pressure
sr.pki administrator (Former Employee), cairo,egyptDecember 5, 2013
-when i solve a marvelous problems
-almost everything about PKI technology for 5 years
-knowledge transfer with my colleagues.
Quitte versatile job
Assistant Human Resorce Manager/ Finance Officer (Former Employee), MbabaneDecember 4, 2013
Pros: the evnironment was highly conjusive, work ethics, staff manners, management maners, j
Cons: some duties not intersesting since they are very low demading and highy beareactratic
The Ministry of Finance was a very good working environment I have never come across in that the work ethics are high and the staff generally adheres to it. In summary its not normal for the ministry's staff to be followed about on their daily duties unless they are not sure of their duties for the day. Of course there will always be those that deviate – more... from the norm. A typical daily work included, receiving reports from junior staff, receiving work from my supervisors, coordinating and collecting the information to be included in the Performance and Targets Reports, writing the reports, Reviewing staff files and other duties as they are given but related to the job – less
looking for a professional work that will tailor with my experience and keep me on my toe that wish are like to anticipate every morning.
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), LiberiaNovember 25, 2013
A very good working environment with professionalism at it best practice, good working relationship with co-workers, managements and clients.
Its a fun and exciting workplace and very productive
FINANCE OFFICER (Current Employee), MbabaneSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: its a very interesting and chalenging job which makes it enjoyable.
Cons: salary and benefits
My day at work begins at 0800hrs and there is always a lot to do. I think my job is very interesting as it deals a lot with what is happening in the economy and it always feel good to be responsible for the country's economy and shaping it for the better.
customs authority
customs authority as Radiologist in X-ray (Former Employee), egyptSeptember 18, 2013
Working for customs authority ( Ministry of Finance )as Radiologist
in X-ray
devices like:

Cargo search ( two source 450 KEV )
101zz ( two source 120 , 135 KEV )
101 van ( 135 KEV )
Pallet search ( 450 KEV )
mobile cab 2000 ( 2.5 MEV )
ZBV to search explosives
Shaped energy ( 3.8 MEV)
Nuctech mobile (6mev)
Auditing Inspector (Former Employee), KhartoumAugust 15, 2013
Prouductive & Fun... Iworked as an Inspector Auditing the Accounting documents of companies
friendly and fun to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), AsmaraJuly 28, 2013
* A friendly environment that helped me to grow as one of the talented employee in the company.
Very different work ethics and values from what we have in the USA
Advisor/Freelancer (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEJuly 7, 2013
Pros: lots of days off, holidays, tax free salary.
Cons: very expensive country. inexperience management.
My experience as an advisor working at the Ministry of Finance was was very different from what I would expect. The business culture is very different and nothing like what we have in the USA. very immature and inexperience managers and Sr. managers.
Corporation tax
A member (Former Employee), DamascusJune 29, 2013
A member of the media committee

Prepare advertising campaign for the new tax law

Participate in a market study carried out by the institution

Participate in choosing our advertising agents and advertising tools for campaign.
Typical day in the IT Unit
Business Systems Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee), Trinidad and TobagoJune 21, 2013
Pros: technology seminars from world wide organizations eg. microsoft
Cons: extended hours at times with no overtime rates
Work starts at 7am and ends at 4pm. When I arrive at the office I will have breakfast with colleagues, read the online newspaper and check company email. I would then check the web applications I were assigned to ensuring that all were up and running and that users reported no problems. I learned to be patient with users that were not technically inclined – more... and provide support whenever they needed it the most. There is one Technologist who controls the IT Unit. This unit consists of three sections; System Support, Information Systems and Networks. I had the opportunity of working within the IS section. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that the users utilized the applications in a manner in which they were supposed to. The most enjoyable part of the job was development. Following development, testing had to be carried out and finally training sessions once applications were approved and deployed. – less
Getting Internship Program
Data Clerk (Former Employee), Nassau, BahamasJune 8, 2013
Cons: internship time was too short
Starting in the business world, I've learned a lot on how one should handle themselves professional. A typical day on the job here would mostly consist of using Microsoft Excel and we were able to perfect our skills.
Team orientated
Tax Surveillance Assistant Inland Revenue Division (Former Employee), Port of Spain TrinidadApril 22, 2013
Keeping track of customer records, contacting customers via mail on payments owed and reporting any continued delinquencies in payments to senior tax officers. I learned about how the tax system works. Team work was very important in my division to keep customer records current. It became difficult at times when previous information had to be up dated – more... because information was either missing or not current. This was a result of the transition from paper documented system to a computerized system. I enjoyed learning new things and working with my fellow co workers. – less
The work was very demanding but the system of rewarding performance was lacking.
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee), NairobiApril 19, 2013
Pros: enjoyed discovering new knowledge every time
Cons: the work was not structured and was unpredictable
1. Tax incentives for businesses
2. Tax policy and legislation
3. Management - too busy to handle personal matters
4. Co-workers - willing to share information
5. Hardest part- delivering national budget on schedule
6. Enjoyable part- presentation of the annual national budget statement to the national assembly

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more

Ministry of Finance Photos