Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Useful
Research Associate (Former Employee), IslamabadJuly 31, 2014
My work experience at Ministry of Finance contain mixed opinions since i worked there in three different departments/wings which altogether were different from each of the department. However the work ethics were completely different from the private sector and working timings were somewhat very relaxed. But due to my versatile work activities there, – more... i learnt a lot in how the public sector operates and how the day-to-day matters are taken by the government. So all in all, it was all very useful – less
Spanish politicians chouffer
chouffer (Former Employee), madridJuly 31, 2014
evasive driving and efficient learning conducion

this work I can not say anything more to sign a confidentiality clause
Appropriate place to be a trainee
Trainee (Former Employee), Warszawa, MZJuly 24, 2014
Pros: many different duties to do
Cons: i did not get any money for that
I was a trainee so I was helping in duties of regular employees.
I was taking care of documents, checking its correctness and doing many other things which were helping regular employees.
Highest level of national policy making experience one can get here. Chance of a lifetime.
Full time Consultant (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 8, 2014
Great exposure and an opportunity to learn from national and international experts and politicians. I would have worked for free also.
Income tax Department
Tax Auditor / Income tax Department (Former Employee), Bucharest,RomaniaJune 23, 2014
Conducted audits of books, records and supporting documentation for individuals, corporations, and other organizations to ensure compliance with the Income Tax Acts and related legislation.
Fun work environment
Economist (Former Employee), NigeriaJune 4, 2014
It was a pleasure doing my National Youth Service Corps in the company.
sale the state property
head of sale department (Current Employee), AstanaMay 10, 2014
I sale the state property
I work from 9.00 a.m to 7.00p.m
I have to organize saling
Productive and fun workplace with flexible schedule
Software Architect (Current Employee), Prishtine, KosovoMay 2, 2014
Not necessarily I start job at 8 o'clock. In fact we start week in monday, at 10 o'clock we take sprint meeting, in the meeting I take new tasks from business team for whole week, we arrange any meeting if we need to discuss anything. During the week if I have anything unclear I discuss with business team. In the friday I make a periodically release. – more... We follow this cycle until we finish all tasks for current milestone.
In another part, is testing team who test my job after I make release.
My hardest part was to go in office in 8 o'clock, because many times I should stay late during the nights, but the most important thing for business team is to finish tasks, which is most enjoyable part for me. – less
Productive and good working environment
Assistant Internal Auditor (Current Employee), MaseruApril 1, 2014
Pros: freshers courses
Cons: long hours
Accuracy and pay attention to given task and to organize, priorities and deal with pressure
High aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations
Internship
Internship - Tourism Department (Former Employee), ParisMarch 28, 2014
This was my first office job experience. I was required to translate French articles to English, to then post them on the government website.
Governmental Environment
Vice chief of Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Egypt CairoMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Vice chief of Purchasing Department in the Ministry of Finance where I was responsible for all purchasing procedures from direct purchase to organizing bidding and making contracts with the second party.
productive and friendly staff
Acting Clerk II (Former Employee), Trinidad and tobagoFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch is provided when i work through lunchtime .
Cons: suppliers bringing stocks just when its time to finish work.
Issuing of stationery to different departments by filling out requisition forms and receiving of stationery from suppliers.
I have learnt a lot about=the different types of stationery that is needed by the ministry.
I was able to manage my supplies so that it could be distributed to the various department to ensure satisfaction from staff.
My co workers – more... were very helpful and understanding and made me very appreciated.
Being able to please all staff members was the hardest part of my job but was done with a degree of success.
Receiving stock from suppliers and restocking the shelves of the storeroom was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Very interesting but stressful
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Accra GhanaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free car
Cons: stressful
check any alerts on my cell phone prior to start of day
walk into data centre and check all servers, switches/routers, UPS are running
check system logs
learn a lot of new technologies
there is always new systems being developed
management support for IT was great
i enjoyed my job as i helped support the ministry's activities especially communicating – more... within and outside users
i have to be always on my toes – less
Result oriented work environment with fun...
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee), MonroviaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: frequent travel and staying long away from home
It was a stimulating work environment. Go to work by 9am and leave by 4pm. The management is very resourceful. There is a friendly team of workers. The job requires frequent travel to the country side. Being away from family for long periods.

End of year parties, bonuses, and birth day parties.
lots of travelling
Auditor (Former Employee), Suva, FijiJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours at times
MY FIRST EMPLOYMENT IN A GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT WHICH AWAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guyana, South AmericaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: c
Cons: v
Very fun and productive place to work. Great interaction with senior management and the employees. Great learning environment.
i maintain confidentiality and more on assessing the income tax and calculating employee tax withheld from remuneration emolument
job attarchment (Former Employee), OshakatiDecember 13, 2013
Pros: staff menber leisure time at 1 oclock
Cons: when sorting files or withdrawing files
i was attached to registry ,income tax,employee tax, and value added departments.• Filling of file and document correspondence (Income Tax ,value Added Tax and Employee Tax)
• Attending to outgoing and incoming postage /mail
• Keeping confidential matter /document
• Attending to incoming and outgoing calls
• Making photocopies
• Doing calculation of – more... VAT Assessment
• Capturing of PAYER 5 tax certificates on system
• Calculating of income tax assessments
• Calculating Employee tax withheld from remuneration emolument – less
implement new technologies and policies,work under pressure
sr.pki administrator (Former Employee), cairo,egyptDecember 5, 2013
-when i solve a marvelous problems
-almost everything about PKI technology for 5 years
-knowledge transfer with my colleagues.
Quitte versatile job
Assistant Human Resorce Manager/ Finance Officer (Former Employee), MbabaneDecember 4, 2013
Pros: the evnironment was highly conjusive, work ethics, staff manners, management maners, j
Cons: some duties not intersesting since they are very low demading and highy beareactratic
The Ministry of Finance was a very good working environment I have never come across in that the work ethics are high and the staff generally adheres to it. In summary its not normal for the ministry's staff to be followed about on their daily duties unless they are not sure of their duties for the day. Of course there will always be those that deviate – more... from the norm. A typical daily work included, receiving reports from junior staff, receiving work from my supervisors, coordinating and collecting the information to be included in the Performance and Targets Reports, writing the reports, Reviewing staff files and other duties as they are given but related to the job – less
looking for a professional work that will tailor with my experience and keep me on my toe that wish are like to anticipate every morning.
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), LiberiaNovember 25, 2013
A very good working environment with professionalism at it best practice, good working relationship with co-workers, managements and clients.

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more