Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Perfect workplace
Economic Adviser (Current Employee), Funafuti, TuvaluAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: poor internet connections
I had learned a lot, like what is going on in each ministries progress align with the Government Roadmap, National Plan and other important plans,

Team work is really practice in our departments that is how our performances are really in a good or perfect situations because different minds, skills and knowledge are all put together to form up a smart idea or action.

One of the hardest part of the job is when people are so busy with their jobs but you really need their feedback and their comments for an urgent issues

But the most enjoyable part of the job is when all of our working colleges are discuss and debates so that different ideas came up some can be very new to me especially from the more experience workers and that is why it is very enjoyable.

TEAM WORK IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ACHIEVE WHAT WE SHOULD ACHIEVE ACCORDING TO OUR WORK PLAN AND ESPECIALLY FOR URGENT ISSUES FROM OUR SUPERIORS

CHEERS
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Harare ZimbabweAugust 20, 2014
Pros: exposure to key decision making processes within the treasury
Cons: economic poor conditions
Having to make decision and strategy to recover blocked money during peak period of restrictive measures on Zimbabwe
Learned a lot
Auditor (Former Employee), Baghdad, IraqAugust 18, 2014
My first job out of University. I learned a lot for auditing to bookkeeping.
We work as a team
Head of Internet Department. (Current Employee), Palestine-Ramallah-Al-MasayefAugust 17, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: governmental insurance.
every day I learn to solve a new problem in our network or in the company computers.
we work as a team.
the hardest part is travelling every day from Nablus to Ramallah.
the enjoyable part is I can create a new friendship everyday, and that I can help people.
Useful
Research Associate (Former Employee), IslamabadJuly 31, 2014
My work experience at Ministry of Finance contain mixed opinions since i worked there in three different departments/wings which altogether were different from each of the department. However the work ethics were completely different from the private sector and working timings were somewhat very relaxed. But due to my versatile work activities there, i learnt a lot in how the public sector operates and how the day-to-day matters are taken by the government. So all in all, it was all very useful
Spanish politicians chouffer
chouffer (Former Employee), madridJuly 31, 2014
evasive driving and efficient learning conducion

this work I can not say anything more to sign a confidentiality clause
Appropriate place to be a trainee
Trainee (Former Employee), Warszawa, MZJuly 24, 2014
Pros: many different duties to do
Cons: i did not get any money for that
I was a trainee so I was helping in duties of regular employees.
I was taking care of documents, checking its correctness and doing many other things which were helping regular employees.
Highest level of national policy making experience one can get here. Chance of a lifetime.
Full time Consultant (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 8, 2014
Great exposure and an opportunity to learn from national and international experts and politicians. I would have worked for free also.
Income tax Department
Tax Auditor / Income tax Department (Former Employee), Bucharest,RomaniaJune 23, 2014
Conducted audits of books, records and supporting documentation for individuals, corporations, and other organizations to ensure compliance with the Income Tax Acts and related legislation.
Fun work environment
Economist (Former Employee), NigeriaJune 4, 2014
It was a pleasure doing my National Youth Service Corps in the company.
sale the state property
head of sale department (Current Employee), AstanaMay 10, 2014
I sale the state property
I work from 9.00 a.m to 7.00p.m
I have to organize saling
Productive and fun workplace with flexible schedule
Software Architect (Current Employee), Prishtine, KosovoMay 2, 2014
Not necessarily I start job at 8 o'clock. In fact we start week in monday, at 10 o'clock we take sprint meeting, in the meeting I take new tasks from business team for whole week, we arrange any meeting if we need to discuss anything. During the week if I have anything unclear I discuss with business team. In the friday I make a periodically release. We follow this cycle until we finish all tasks for current milestone.
In another part, is testing team who test my job after I make release.
My hardest part was to go in office in 8 o'clock, because many times I should stay late during the nights, but the most important thing for business team is to finish tasks, which is most enjoyable part for me.
Productive and good working environment
Assistant Internal Auditor (Current Employee), MaseruApril 1, 2014
Pros: freshers courses
Cons: long hours
Accuracy and pay attention to given task and to organize, priorities and deal with pressure
High aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations
Internship
Internship - Tourism Department (Former Employee), ParisMarch 28, 2014
This was my first office job experience. I was required to translate French articles to English, to then post them on the government website.
Governmental Environment
Vice chief of Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Egypt CairoMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Vice chief of Purchasing Department in the Ministry of Finance where I was responsible for all purchasing procedures from direct purchase to organizing bidding and making contracts with the second party.
productive and friendly staff
Acting Clerk II (Former Employee), Trinidad and tobagoFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch is provided when i work through lunchtime .
Cons: suppliers bringing stocks just when its time to finish work.
Issuing of stationery to different departments by filling out requisition forms and receiving of stationery from suppliers.
I have learnt a lot about=the different types of stationery that is needed by the ministry.
I was able to manage my supplies so that it could be distributed to the various department to ensure satisfaction from staff.
My co workers were very helpful and understanding and made me very appreciated.
Being able to please all staff members was the hardest part of my job but was done with a degree of success.
Receiving stock from suppliers and restocking the shelves of the storeroom was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Very interesting but stressful
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Accra GhanaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free car
Cons: stressful
check any alerts on my cell phone prior to start of day
walk into data centre and check all servers, switches/routers, UPS are running
check system logs
learn a lot of new technologies
there is always new systems being developed
management support for IT was great
i enjoyed my job as i helped support the ministry's activities especially communicating within and outside users
i have to be always on my toes
Result oriented work environment with fun...
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee), MonroviaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: frequent travel and staying long away from home
It was a stimulating work environment. Go to work by 9am and leave by 4pm. The management is very resourceful. There is a friendly team of workers. The job requires frequent travel to the country side. Being away from family for long periods.

End of year parties, bonuses, and birth day parties.
lots of travelling
Auditor (Former Employee), Suva, FijiJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours at times
MY FIRST EMPLOYMENT IN A GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT WHICH AWAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guyana, South AmericaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: c
Cons: v
Very fun and productive place to work. Great interaction with senior management and the employees. Great learning environment.

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more