Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2013
Worked my first co-op term there and had a great manager. All the other co-workers were extremely friendly. Laid back environment with a great overall atmosphere.
looking for a professional work that will tailor with my experience and keep me on my toe that wish are like to anticipate every morning.
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), LiberiaNovember 25, 2013
A very good working environment with professionalism at it best practice, good working relationship with co-workers, managements and clients.
Its a fun and exciting workplace and very productive
FINANCE OFFICER (Current Employee), MbabaneSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: its a very interesting and chalenging job which makes it enjoyable.
Cons: salary and benefits
My day at work begins at 0800hrs and there is always a lot to do. I think my job is very interesting as it deals a lot with what is happening in the economy and it always feel good to be responsible for the country's economy and shaping it for the better.
customs authority
customs authority as Radiologist in X-ray (Former Employee), egyptSeptember 18, 2013
Working for customs authority ( Ministry of Finance )as Radiologist
in X-ray
devices like:

Cargo search ( two source 450 KEV )
101zz ( two source 120 , 135 KEV )
101 van ( 135 KEV )
Pallet search ( 450 KEV )
mobile cab 2000 ( 2.5 MEV )
ZBV to search explosives
Shaped energy ( 3.8 MEV)
Nuctech mobile (6mev)
Friendly work place
Director Assistant (Former Employee), Ramallah, PalestineSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free working hours
Cons: sensitve
In this job we review the day to day activities of the income tax general directorate. We worked as team to audit and review the files that the income tax employees did in term of assessing the files of taxpayer. The work was hard but it was so exciting and challenging.
Auditing Inspector (Former Employee), KhartoumAugust 15, 2013
Prouductive & Fun... Iworked as an Inspector Auditing the Accounting documents of companies
friendly and fun to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), AsmaraJuly 28, 2013
* A friendly environment that helped me to grow as one of the talented employee in the company.
Moderately a fun place to work with annual sports day activities
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: interperosnal relationships, employees benefit, job stability, training privileges, loan opportunities and so on.
Cons: low wages, unfair pay scales
Auditing as career is very dynamic. As such, a typical day at work is very exciting and challenging. There is usually lots to do in terms of audit planning, risk analysis, excueting and reporting on audit conducted. Audit is not only concerned with accounting, statistics and maths, it is also about business management, project management, interpersonal – more... relationships, every type of analysis and the list goes on.

As a part of management I thrived to build an inclusive management culture which was embraced in the Unit I worked. The result of this type of managemnt provided an environment where the comaradrie in the office was at an exceptionally high level. Employees outside of the unit regularly compliment us for our stable working einvironment. This was largely to due my contribution as an Audit Supervisor, assisting the Chief Internal Auditor in the management of the Unit. Based on this experience I learnt that including staff at all levels in the decision making activities of the Unit is empowering for them and rewarding for the Unit.

The hardest part of the job was having to perform our jobs without the the necessary resources. For example the Ministry purchased auditing software for which the foundations were not adequately laid for the software to be used productively. This was hard as with the high volume of data in manual form and not electronically held it became difficult to examine and report on findings with a high level of accuracy. Another hard part is the development of the audit report as the tone of the report is crucial for its acceptance by management or the auditee.

The appreciation of management and improvements in effectiveness and efficieny in systems and procedures encourages us a team and goes a long way in inspiring us for the next assignment. This for me is the most enjoyable part of the job. Another enjoyable part is meeting new and interesting people and going to new places and learning new things on a regular basis. All this is the nature of the job. – less
Very different work ethics and values from what we have in the USA
Advisor/Freelancer (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEJuly 7, 2013
Pros: lots of days off, holidays, tax free salary.
Cons: very expensive country. inexperience management.
My experience as an advisor working at the Ministry of Finance was was very different from what I would expect. The business culture is very different and nothing like what we have in the USA. very immature and inexperience managers and Sr. managers.
Corporation tax
A member (Former Employee), DamascusJune 29, 2013
A member of the media committee

Prepare advertising campaign for the new tax law

Participate in a market study carried out by the institution

Participate in choosing our advertising agents and advertising tools for campaign.
Typical day in the IT Unit
Business Systems Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee), Trinidad and TobagoJune 21, 2013
Pros: technology seminars from world wide organizations eg. microsoft
Cons: extended hours at times with no overtime rates
Work starts at 7am and ends at 4pm. When I arrive at the office I will have breakfast with colleagues, read the online newspaper and check company email. I would then check the web applications I were assigned to ensuring that all were up and running and that users reported no problems. I learned to be patient with users that were not technically inclined – more... and provide support whenever they needed it the most. There is one Technologist who controls the IT Unit. This unit consists of three sections; System Support, Information Systems and Networks. I had the opportunity of working within the IS section. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that the users utilized the applications in a manner in which they were supposed to. The most enjoyable part of the job was development. Following development, testing had to be carried out and finally training sessions once applications were approved and deployed. – less
Getting Internship Program
Data Clerk (Former Employee), Nassau, BahamasJune 8, 2013
Cons: internship time was too short
Starting in the business world, I've learned a lot on how one should handle themselves professional. A typical day on the job here would mostly consist of using Microsoft Excel and we were able to perfect our skills.
Team orientated
Tax Surveillance Assistant Inland Revenue Division (Former Employee), Port of Spain TrinidadApril 22, 2013
Keeping track of customer records, contacting customers via mail on payments owed and reporting any continued delinquencies in payments to senior tax officers. I learned about how the tax system works. Team work was very important in my division to keep customer records current. It became difficult at times when previous information had to be up dated – more... because information was either missing or not current. This was a result of the transition from paper documented system to a computerized system. I enjoyed learning new things and working with my fellow co workers. – less
The work was very demanding but the system of rewarding performance was lacking.
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee), NairobiApril 19, 2013
Pros: enjoyed discovering new knowledge every time
Cons: the work was not structured and was unpredictable
1. Tax incentives for businesses
2. Tax policy and legislation
3. Management - too busy to handle personal matters
4. Co-workers - willing to share information
5. Hardest part- delivering national budget on schedule
6. Enjoyable part- presentation of the annual national budget statement to the national assembly
had good learning experince
Internship (Former Employee), NAIROBI KENYAApril 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch was paid as an intern
Cons: one could work upto midnight during end months
as an intern i leanrt alot of things since this was an international co
Good experience
Junior IT (Former Employee), Nuku'alofa, TongaApril 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working with old people
Working in the Ministry of Finance helped me to understand more how work life is like in the government. Also helping out with IT work boost up my knowledge and experience in my area. I had fun and helping co-workers that helps me out when in need and I learn a lot more from them. the most enjoyable part of the job is when I can be able to solve a problem – more... or help out in any way I can. – less
best place to work
Budgetary Policy Implementation Department Analyst (Former Employee), bishkek, kyrgyz republicMarch 12, 2013
best place to work in terms of career, but if you are money oriented it's not the best place to work.management is perfect. co workers are amazing.
Overall work environment and package is good.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee), KigaliMarch 9, 2013
Pros: good work environment with better saving options
Cons: the unsecurity due to african regional problems.
I am working on govt project using latest technology.
Learning the live project quality and support importance day by day.
Management is very supportive and understands project very well.
Co-workers are always a source of inspiration for me.
The hardest part is to meet all expectations in a limited and short time.
The most enjoyable time is when you – more... see your implementation helping so many users. – less
Very Busy Workplace
ACTING OFFICE MANAGER - TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: the work variety
Cons: not enough training
Running financial reports, reconciling between reports and invoices, contracts, etc.

Attending to employee's needs in regards to access to various computer applications. Purchases - furniture, and other office supplies.

A fair amount of human resource type of work, filling out forms for new employees. Leave management, entering time on line, vacation, – more... sick days. – less
high standard organizations in a challenging environment, which demands a high level of interaction with clients and team members
Trainee (Former Employee), manamaDecember 12, 2012
Pros: goverment sector
Cons: worked trainee
• How do they analyze the government project.(What are the studies that they do before approving on any project).
• The Process of Financing these Projects.
• How does the Tender board works.

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more

Ministry of Finance Photos