Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great training and very nice co-workers
government (Current Employee), reginaAugust 4, 2015
I am required to follow day to day procedures and attention to detail is required. Training is the best part here. Make notes, follow procedure book and no chance of mistakes.
audit of corporate tax returns
Returns Auditor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
- audit of corporate tax returns
- reassessments created
- studying queries to determine rules of application
- additional courses in tax law
- computerized environment
Productive and Enlightening Environment
SUMMER STUDENT AUDITOR (Former Employee), Social ServicesJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Ministry of Finace. Although it was not my field of choice it allowed me to branch out to learn other aspects of the government and what is ennobled to govern a county.
Always Interesting
Personal Information Officer (Former Employee), Oshawa and TorontoFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: sometime free refreshments
Cons: erratic scheduling
On a typical day, I learned much about the workings of federal government as well as our tax system and how investigators proceed with their assignments.

Management in the Security field were always interesting as their educational backgrounds varied.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changing protocols in place for escorting contractors throughout the site.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the stories contractors would tell about their encounters with government officials.
working for experience
Contractor (Current Employee), Office Assistant to the Human Resource DirectorOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: feeling insecure at times
the ministry of finance is the place where yours goals are achieved but sometimes annoying tho'.
Good team environment at the workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Port LouisApril 25, 2014
Processing all kinds of requests from the Ministry of Energy.
Learned to make changes in the law and obtain approval through Cabinet of ministers. Also learned a lot on budgeting and expenses.
All coworkers including the Cluster Leader worked in teams.

Hardest part was to convince officials how bad a water tariff increase.

Most enjoyable part is the team work.
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 26, 2014
Very busy place to work.
Private place to work.
Very Prductive and easy place to work!
good place to work at
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
great place with good opportunity to advance skills and knowledge.
I am a very hard worker. I work well with other team members and am very accurate in data entry
Revenue Control Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), 33 King St W, Oshawa, ONJanuary 31, 2014
They are a very good company to work for. You have to work well as a team player and management are very understanding.
A good place to work
Special Investigator (Current Employee), KingstonJanuary 10, 2014
Although there is a need for more qualified and team oriented managers, this is a good place to get a job.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2013
Worked my first co-op term there and had a great manager. All the other co-workers were extremely friendly. Laid back environment with a great overall atmosphere.
Very Busy Workplace
ACTING OFFICE MANAGER - TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: the work variety
Cons: not enough training
Running financial reports, reconciling between reports and invoices, contracts, etc.

Attending to employee's needs in regards to access to various computer applications. Purchases - furniture, and other office supplies.

A fair amount of human resource type of work, filling out forms for new employees. Leave management, entering time on line, vacation, sick days.
Never a dull moment
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2012
I assisted counsel with a wide variety of matters, including the following: received, tracked and distributed mail, tracked all correspondence using the computer system, received incoming calls, greeted visitors, responded to general inquiries, liaised with other government officials, suppliers and the general public, basic accounting practices with respect to verification and reconciliation of invoices, travel claims and reports, and monitored processes relating to purchasing and budgeting. During this time, I have gained the following skills and experience:

• Communication and Interpersonal – more... Skills (interpersonal, oral and
written communication skills, communicate with counsel in writing
as well as by telephone/in person, providing follow-up disclosure,
and inquire about admission of non-contentious evidence, ability to
work independently and as a team member with minimal
supervision, communicate with agencies to ensure up-to-date
information is maintained with respect to their needs)
• Administrative, Planning, Organizational and Reasoning Skills
(time management, determining work priorities amongst conflicting
demands, file/calendar management)
• Analytical, Problem-Solving and Evaluation Skills (research and
assessment of information to draft background materials and
correspondence, disclosure, pre-trials, ability to meet statutory and
administrative deadlines, determination of inquiries needed for
branch lawyer referral, resolving administrative issues) – less
Enjoyable co-workers, and relaxing environment
Tax Roll Integrity Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: relaxing environment, very good managers and co-workers, enjoyed using the computers, learning the new programs
Cons: sometimes the week was long enough, understanding the difference languages, irate customers
I was always on time for work, I would start by doing the important work first then continue with the regular work. I learned alot about working with others, and that a customer is always right. My managers were already ready to help and very supportive. I enjoyed all my co-workers and got along great with them. The hardest part of my job was the language difference with customers that telephoned in. I was very proud when I told people that I worked for the Ministry of Finance. What a wonderful place to work.

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more