Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 26, 2014
Very busy place to work.
Private place to work.
Very Prductive and easy place to work!
productive and friendly staff
Acting Clerk II (Former Employee), Trinidad and tobagoFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch is provided when i work through lunchtime .
Cons: suppliers bringing stocks just when its time to finish work.
Issuing of stationery to different departments by filling out requisition forms and receiving of stationery from suppliers.
I have learnt a lot about=the different types of stationery that is needed by the ministry.
I was able to manage my supplies so that it could be distributed to the various department to ensure satisfaction from staff.
My co workers – more... were very helpful and understanding and made me very appreciated.
Being able to please all staff members was the hardest part of my job but was done with a degree of success.
Receiving stock from suppliers and restocking the shelves of the storeroom was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
good place to work at
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
great place with good opportunity to advance skills and knowledge.
Very interesting but stressful
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Accra GhanaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free car
Cons: stressful
check any alerts on my cell phone prior to start of day
walk into data centre and check all servers, switches/routers, UPS are running
check system logs
learn a lot of new technologies
there is always new systems being developed
management support for IT was great
i enjoyed my job as i helped support the ministry's activities especially communicating – more... within and outside users
i have to be always on my toes – less
I am a very hard worker. I work well with other team members and am very accurate in data entry
Revenue Control Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), 33 King St W, Oshawa, ONJanuary 31, 2014
They are a very good company to work for. You have to work well as a team player and management are very understanding.
A good place to work
Special Investigator (Current Employee), KingstonJanuary 10, 2014
Although there is a need for more qualified and team oriented managers, this is a good place to get a job.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2013
Worked my first co-op term there and had a great manager. All the other co-workers were extremely friendly. Laid back environment with a great overall atmosphere.
Friendly work place
Director Assistant (Former Employee), Ramallah, PalestineSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free working hours
Cons: sensitve
In this job we review the day to day activities of the income tax general directorate. We worked as team to audit and review the files that the income tax employees did in term of assessing the files of taxpayer. The work was hard but it was so exciting and challenging.
Very Busy Workplace
ACTING OFFICE MANAGER - TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: the work variety
Cons: not enough training
Running financial reports, reconciling between reports and invoices, contracts, etc.

Attending to employee's needs in regards to access to various computer applications. Purchases - furniture, and other office supplies.

A fair amount of human resource type of work, filling out forms for new employees. Leave management, entering time on line, vacation, – more... sick days. – less
Protect policyholders interest by effective implementation of insurance laws and regulations
Insurance Consultant / Insurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Financial Sector Supervision, Govt. of Saint LuciaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: improve leadership and decision making skills
Cons: one has to always remain focused, alert and innovative to enhance capacity and stability of the financial market.
It was a very challenging role. The very first assignment was to review provisions of the existing Insurance Act, conduct market intelligence and make suggestion based on the international regulatory practices.

* I have suggested over 15 proposals based on the Insurance Core Principles (ICPs), legislation and policies of FSCO and OSFI, Canada. Conducted – more... consultation with the industry and other stake holders, met with the Select Committee of Parliament on Insurance and coordinated with the Attorney Generals Chambers for policy development.
* Enhanced Saint Lucia's image as the most vibrant regulatory jurisdiction in the OECS by effective and timely implementation of regulatory provisions, innovation in financial review process, market conduct examination and by designing and implementing new reporting forms. – less
Never a dull moment
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2012
I assisted counsel with a wide variety of matters, including the following: received, tracked and distributed mail, tracked all correspondence using the computer system, received incoming calls, greeted visitors, responded to general inquiries, liaised with other government officials, suppliers and the general public, basic accounting practices with – more... respect to verification and reconciliation of invoices, travel claims and reports, and monitored processes relating to purchasing and budgeting. During this time, I have gained the following skills and experience:

• Communication and Interpersonal Skills (interpersonal, oral and
written communication skills, communicate with counsel in writing
as well as by telephone/in person, providing follow-up disclosure,
and inquire about admission of non-contentious evidence, ability to
work independently and as a team member with minimal
supervision, communicate with agencies to ensure up-to-date
information is maintained with respect to their needs)
• Administrative, Planning, Organizational and Reasoning Skills
(time management, determining work priorities amongst conflicting
demands, file/calendar management)
• Analytical, Problem-Solving and Evaluation Skills (research and
assessment of information to draft background materials and
correspondence, disclosure, pre-trials, ability to meet statutory and
administrative deadlines, determination of inquiries needed for
branch lawyer referral, resolving administrative issues) – less
Productive working mind and wide experience
Assistant (Former Employee), Gujranwala, PakistanAugust 12, 2012
This was start of my Professional Career.
Applied at Kuwait thereafter.
Good work culture
Accounts assistant (Former Employee), Africa, ZambiaJuly 21, 2012
Pros: challenging but achievable targets.
Cons: failing to meet targets
it was a very involving but fun and rewarding work , recognition by management and incentives.
Enjoyable co-workers, and relaxing environment
Tax Roll Integrity Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: relaxing environment, very good managers and co-workers, enjoyed using the computers, learning the new programs
Cons: sometimes the week was long enough, understanding the difference languages, irate customers
I was always on time for work, I would start by doing the important work first then continue with the regular work. I learned alot about working with others, and that a customer is always right. My managers were already ready to help and very supportive. I enjoyed all my co-workers and got along great with them. The hardest part of my job was the language – more... difference with customers that telephoned in. I was very proud when I told people that I worked for the Ministry of Finance. What a wonderful place to work. – less
Productive and good working environment
Assistant Internal Auditor (Current Employee), MaseruApril 1, 2014
Pros: freshers courses
Cons: long hours
Accuracy and pay attention to given task and to organize, priorities and deal with pressure
High aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations
Internship
Internship - Tourism Department (Former Employee), ParisMarch 28, 2014
This was my first office job experience. I was required to translate French articles to English, to then post them on the government website.
Governmental Environment
Vice chief of Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Egypt CairoMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Vice chief of Purchasing Department in the Ministry of Finance where I was responsible for all purchasing procedures from direct purchase to organizing bidding and making contracts with the second party.
Result oriented work environment with fun...
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee), MonroviaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: frequent travel and staying long away from home
It was a stimulating work environment. Go to work by 9am and leave by 4pm. The management is very resourceful. There is a friendly team of workers. The job requires frequent travel to the country side. Being away from family for long periods.

End of year parties, bonuses, and birth day parties.
lots of travelling
Auditor (Former Employee), Suva, FijiJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours at times
MY FIRST EMPLOYMENT IN A GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT WHICH AWAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guyana, South AmericaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: c
Cons: v
Very fun and productive place to work. Great interaction with senior management and the employees. Great learning environment.

1 2 3

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more

Ministry of Finance Photos