Ministry of Finance Employee Review

View all Ministry of Finance reviews

Moderately a fun place to work with annual sports day activities
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 July 2013
Auditing as career is very dynamic. As such, a typical day at work is very exciting and challenging. There is usually lots to do in terms of audit planning, risk analysis, excueting and reporting on audit conducted. Audit is not only concerned with accounting, statistics and maths, it is also about business management, project management, interpersonal relationships, every type of analysis and the list goes on.

As a part of management I thrived to build an inclusive management culture which was embraced in the Unit I worked. The result of this type of managemnt provided an environment where the comaradrie in the office was at an exceptionally high level. Employees outside of the unit regularly compliment us for our stable working einvironment. This was largely to due my contribution as an Audit Supervisor, assisting the Chief Internal Auditor in the management of the Unit. Based on this experience I learnt that including staff at all levels in the decision making activities of the Unit is empowering for them and rewarding for the Unit.

The hardest part of the job was having to perform our jobs without the the necessary resources. For example the Ministry purchased auditing software for which the foundations were not adequately laid for the software to be used productively. This was hard as with the high volume of data in manual form and not electronically held it became difficult to examine and report on findings with a high level of accuracy. Another hard part is the development of the audit report as the tone of the report is crucial for its acceptance by management
  more... or the auditee.

The appreciation of management and improvements in effectiveness and efficieny in systems and procedures encourages us a team and goes a long way in inspiring us for the next assignment. This for me is the most enjoyable part of the job. Another enjoyable part is meeting new and interesting people and going to new places and learning new things on a regular basis. All this is the nature of the job.
Pros
Interperosnal relationships, employees benefit, job stability, training privileges, loan opportunities and so on.
Cons
Low wages, unfair pay scales

Other Ministry of Finance Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Arbitration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
The fun and exciting part of my job was training staff. The workplace culture was friendly. The hardest part of the job, was trying to get everyone to agree on a new task
Pros
i enjoyed everything here
Cons
there were no cons
Good
Lead ECommerce Analyst/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canada19 November 2017
Good and enjoyable.
Work and life balance is good.
Salary and benefits are reasonable.
Management is cooperative.
The job culture is good. A very good place to work.