Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Income tax Department
Tax Auditor / Income tax Department (Former Employee), Bucharest,RomaniaJune 23, 2014
Conducted audits of books, records and supporting documentation for individuals, corporations, and other organizations to ensure compliance with the Income Tax Acts and related legislation.
Fun work environment
Economist (Former Employee), NigeriaJune 4, 2014
It was a pleasure doing my National Youth Service Corps in the company.
Good team environment at the workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Port LouisApril 25, 2014
Processing all kinds of requests from the Ministry of Energy.
Learned to make changes in the law and obtain approval through Cabinet of ministers. Also learned a lot on budgeting and expenses.
All coworkers including the Cluster Leader worked in teams.

Hardest part was to convince officials how bad a water tariff increase.

Most enjoyable part is the – more... team work. – less
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 26, 2014
Very busy place to work.
Private place to work.
Very Prductive and easy place to work!
productive and friendly staff
Acting Clerk II (Former Employee), Trinidad and tobagoFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch is provided when i work through lunchtime .
Cons: suppliers bringing stocks just when its time to finish work.
Issuing of stationery to different departments by filling out requisition forms and receiving of stationery from suppliers.
I have learnt a lot about=the different types of stationery that is needed by the ministry.
I was able to manage my supplies so that it could be distributed to the various department to ensure satisfaction from staff.
My co workers – more... were very helpful and understanding and made me very appreciated.
Being able to please all staff members was the hardest part of my job but was done with a degree of success.
Receiving stock from suppliers and restocking the shelves of the storeroom was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
good place to work at
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
great place with good opportunity to advance skills and knowledge.
Very interesting but stressful
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Accra GhanaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free car
Cons: stressful
check any alerts on my cell phone prior to start of day
walk into data centre and check all servers, switches/routers, UPS are running
check system logs
learn a lot of new technologies
there is always new systems being developed
management support for IT was great
i enjoyed my job as i helped support the ministry's activities especially communicating – more... within and outside users
i have to be always on my toes – less
I am a very hard worker. I work well with other team members and am very accurate in data entry
Revenue Control Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), 33 King St W, Oshawa, ONJanuary 31, 2014
They are a very good company to work for. You have to work well as a team player and management are very understanding.
A good place to work
Special Investigator (Current Employee), KingstonJanuary 10, 2014
Although there is a need for more qualified and team oriented managers, this is a good place to get a job.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2013
Worked my first co-op term there and had a great manager. All the other co-workers were extremely friendly. Laid back environment with a great overall atmosphere.
Friendly work place
Director Assistant (Former Employee), Ramallah, PalestineSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free working hours
Cons: sensitve
In this job we review the day to day activities of the income tax general directorate. We worked as team to audit and review the files that the income tax employees did in term of assessing the files of taxpayer. The work was hard but it was so exciting and challenging.
Moderately a fun place to work with annual sports day activities
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: interperosnal relationships, employees benefit, job stability, training privileges, loan opportunities and so on.
Cons: low wages, unfair pay scales
Auditing as career is very dynamic. As such, a typical day at work is very exciting and challenging. There is usually lots to do in terms of audit planning, risk analysis, excueting and reporting on audit conducted. Audit is not only concerned with accounting, statistics and maths, it is also about business management, project management, interpersonal – more... relationships, every type of analysis and the list goes on.

As a part of management I thrived to build an inclusive management culture which was embraced in the Unit I worked. The result of this type of managemnt provided an environment where the comaradrie in the office was at an exceptionally high level. Employees outside of the unit regularly compliment us for our stable working einvironment. This was largely to due my contribution as an Audit Supervisor, assisting the Chief Internal Auditor in the management of the Unit. Based on this experience I learnt that including staff at all levels in the decision making activities of the Unit is empowering for them and rewarding for the Unit.

The hardest part of the job was having to perform our jobs without the the necessary resources. For example the Ministry purchased auditing software for which the foundations were not adequately laid for the software to be used productively. This was hard as with the high volume of data in manual form and not electronically held it became difficult to examine and report on findings with a high level of accuracy. Another hard part is the development of the audit report as the tone of the report is crucial for its acceptance by management or the auditee.

The appreciation of management and improvements in effectiveness and efficieny in systems and procedures encourages us a team and goes a long way in inspiring us for the next assignment. This for me is the most enjoyable part of the job. Another enjoyable part is meeting new and interesting people and going to new places and learning new things on a regular basis. All this is the nature of the job. – less
Very Busy Workplace
ACTING OFFICE MANAGER - TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: the work variety
Cons: not enough training
Running financial reports, reconciling between reports and invoices, contracts, etc.

Attending to employee's needs in regards to access to various computer applications. Purchases - furniture, and other office supplies.

A fair amount of human resource type of work, filling out forms for new employees. Leave management, entering time on line, vacation, – more... sick days. – less
Protect policyholders interest by effective implementation of insurance laws and regulations
Insurance Consultant / Insurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Financial Sector Supervision, Govt. of Saint LuciaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: improve leadership and decision making skills
Cons: one has to always remain focused, alert and innovative to enhance capacity and stability of the financial market.
It was a very challenging role. The very first assignment was to review provisions of the existing Insurance Act, conduct market intelligence and make suggestion based on the international regulatory practices.

* I have suggested over 15 proposals based on the Insurance Core Principles (ICPs), legislation and policies of FSCO and OSFI, Canada. Conducted – more... consultation with the industry and other stake holders, met with the Select Committee of Parliament on Insurance and coordinated with the Attorney Generals Chambers for policy development.
* Enhanced Saint Lucia's image as the most vibrant regulatory jurisdiction in the OECS by effective and timely implementation of regulatory provisions, innovation in financial review process, market conduct examination and by designing and implementing new reporting forms. – less
Productive working mind and wide experience
Assistant (Former Employee), Gujranwala, PakistanAugust 12, 2012
This was start of my Professional Career.
Applied at Kuwait thereafter.
Good work culture
Accounts assistant (Former Employee), Africa, ZambiaJuly 21, 2012
Pros: challenging but achievable targets.
Cons: failing to meet targets
it was a very involving but fun and rewarding work , recognition by management and incentives.
Enjoyable co-workers, and relaxing environment
Tax Roll Integrity Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: relaxing environment, very good managers and co-workers, enjoyed using the computers, learning the new programs
Cons: sometimes the week was long enough, understanding the difference languages, irate customers
I was always on time for work, I would start by doing the important work first then continue with the regular work. I learned alot about working with others, and that a customer is always right. My managers were already ready to help and very supportive. I enjoyed all my co-workers and got along great with them. The hardest part of my job was the language – more... difference with customers that telephoned in. I was very proud when I told people that I worked for the Ministry of Finance. What a wonderful place to work. – less
Highest level of national policy making experience one can get here. Chance of a lifetime.
Full time Consultant (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 8, 2014
Great exposure and an opportunity to learn from national and international experts and politicians. I would have worked for free also.
sale the state property
head of sale department (Current Employee), AstanaMay 10, 2014
I sale the state property
I work from 9.00 a.m to 7.00p.m
I have to organize saling
Productive and fun workplace with flexible schedule
Software Architect (Current Employee), Prishtine, KosovoMay 2, 2014
Not necessarily I start job at 8 o'clock. In fact we start week in monday, at 10 o'clock we take sprint meeting, in the meeting I take new tasks from business team for whole week, we arrange any meeting if we need to discuss anything. During the week if I have anything unclear I discuss with business team. In the friday I make a periodically release. – more... We follow this cycle until we finish all tasks for current milestone.
In another part, is testing team who test my job after I make release.
My hardest part was to go in office in 8 o'clock, because many times I should stay late during the nights, but the most important thing for business team is to finish tasks, which is most enjoyable part for me. – less

1 2 3

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more

Ministry of Finance Photos