Ministry of Finance

Ministry of Finance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good team environment at the workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Port LouisApril 25, 2014
Processing all kinds of requests from the Ministry of Energy.
Learned to make changes in the law and obtain approval through Cabinet of ministers. Also learned a lot on budgeting and expenses.
All coworkers including the Cluster Leader worked in teams.

Hardest part was to convince officials how bad a water tariff increase.

Most enjoyable part is the – more... team work. – less
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 26, 2014
Very busy place to work.
Private place to work.
Very Prductive and easy place to work!
good place to work at
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
great place with good opportunity to advance skills and knowledge.
I am a very hard worker. I work well with other team members and am very accurate in data entry
Revenue Control Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), 33 King St W, Oshawa, ONJanuary 31, 2014
They are a very good company to work for. You have to work well as a team player and management are very understanding.
A good place to work
Special Investigator (Current Employee), KingstonJanuary 10, 2014
Although there is a need for more qualified and team oriented managers, this is a good place to get a job.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 28, 2013
Worked my first co-op term there and had a great manager. All the other co-workers were extremely friendly. Laid back environment with a great overall atmosphere.
Moderately a fun place to work with annual sports day activities
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: interperosnal relationships, employees benefit, job stability, training privileges, loan opportunities and so on.
Cons: low wages, unfair pay scales
Auditing as career is very dynamic. As such, a typical day at work is very exciting and challenging. There is usually lots to do in terms of audit planning, risk analysis, excueting and reporting on audit conducted. Audit is not only concerned with accounting, statistics and maths, it is also about business management, project management, interpersonal – more... relationships, every type of analysis and the list goes on.

As a part of management I thrived to build an inclusive management culture which was embraced in the Unit I worked. The result of this type of managemnt provided an environment where the comaradrie in the office was at an exceptionally high level. Employees outside of the unit regularly compliment us for our stable working einvironment. This was largely to due my contribution as an Audit Supervisor, assisting the Chief Internal Auditor in the management of the Unit. Based on this experience I learnt that including staff at all levels in the decision making activities of the Unit is empowering for them and rewarding for the Unit.

The hardest part of the job was having to perform our jobs without the the necessary resources. For example the Ministry purchased auditing software for which the foundations were not adequately laid for the software to be used productively. This was hard as with the high volume of data in manual form and not electronically held it became difficult to examine and report on findings with a high level of accuracy. Another hard part is the development of the audit report as the tone of the report is crucial for its acceptance by management or the auditee.

The appreciation of management and improvements in effectiveness and efficieny in systems and procedures encourages us a team and goes a long way in inspiring us for the next assignment. This for me is the most enjoyable part of the job. Another enjoyable part is meeting new and interesting people and going to new places and learning new things on a regular basis. All this is the nature of the job. – less
Never a dull moment
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2012
I assisted counsel with a wide variety of matters, including the following: received, tracked and distributed mail, tracked all correspondence using the computer system, received incoming calls, greeted visitors, responded to general inquiries, liaised with other government officials, suppliers and the general public, basic accounting practices with – more... respect to verification and reconciliation of invoices, travel claims and reports, and monitored processes relating to purchasing and budgeting. During this time, I have gained the following skills and experience:

• Communication and Interpersonal Skills (interpersonal, oral and
written communication skills, communicate with counsel in writing
as well as by telephone/in person, providing follow-up disclosure,
and inquire about admission of non-contentious evidence, ability to
work independently and as a team member with minimal
supervision, communicate with agencies to ensure up-to-date
information is maintained with respect to their needs)
• Administrative, Planning, Organizational and Reasoning Skills
(time management, determining work priorities amongst conflicting
demands, file/calendar management)
• Analytical, Problem-Solving and Evaluation Skills (research and
assessment of information to draft background materials and
correspondence, disclosure, pre-trials, ability to meet statutory and
administrative deadlines, determination of inquiries needed for
branch lawyer referral, resolving administrative issues) – less
Enjoyable co-workers, and relaxing environment
Tax Roll Integrity Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: relaxing environment, very good managers and co-workers, enjoyed using the computers, learning the new programs
Cons: sometimes the week was long enough, understanding the difference languages, irate customers
I was always on time for work, I would start by doing the important work first then continue with the regular work. I learned alot about working with others, and that a customer is always right. My managers were already ready to help and very supportive. I enjoyed all my co-workers and got along great with them. The hardest part of my job was the language – more... difference with customers that telephoned in. I was very proud when I told people that I worked for the Ministry of Finance. What a wonderful place to work. – less
Perfect workplace
Economic Adviser (Current Employee), Funafuti, TuvaluAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: poor internet connections
I had learned a lot, like what is going on in each ministries progress align with the Government Roadmap, National Plan and other important plans,

Team work is really practice in our departments that is how our performances are really in a good or perfect situations because different minds, skills and knowledge are all put together to form up a smart – more... idea or action.

One of the hardest part of the job is when people are so busy with their jobs but you really need their feedback and their comments for an urgent issues

But the most enjoyable part of the job is when all of our working colleges are discuss and debates so that different ideas came up some can be very new to me especially from the more experience workers and that is why it is very enjoyable.

TEAM WORK IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ACHIEVE WHAT WE SHOULD ACHIEVE ACCORDING TO OUR WORK PLAN AND ESPECIALLY FOR URGENT ISSUES FROM OUR SUPERIORS

CHEERS – less
Learned a lot
Auditor (Former Employee), Baghdad, IraqAugust 18, 2014
My first job out of University. I learned a lot for auditing to bookkeeping.
We work as a team
Head of Internet Department. (Current Employee), Palestine-Ramallah-Al-MasayefAugust 17, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: governmental insurance.
every day I learn to solve a new problem in our network or in the company computers.
we work as a team.
the hardest part is travelling every day from Nablus to Ramallah.
the enjoyable part is I can create a new friendship everyday, and that I can help people.
Useful
Research Associate (Former Employee), IslamabadJuly 31, 2014
My work experience at Ministry of Finance contain mixed opinions since i worked there in three different departments/wings which altogether were different from each of the department. However the work ethics were completely different from the private sector and working timings were somewhat very relaxed. But due to my versatile work activities there, – more... i learnt a lot in how the public sector operates and how the day-to-day matters are taken by the government. So all in all, it was all very useful – less
Spanish politicians chouffer
chouffer (Former Employee), madridJuly 31, 2014
evasive driving and efficient learning conducion

this work I can not say anything more to sign a confidentiality clause
Appropriate place to be a trainee
Trainee (Former Employee), Warszawa, MZJuly 24, 2014
Pros: many different duties to do
Cons: i did not get any money for that
I was a trainee so I was helping in duties of regular employees.
I was taking care of documents, checking its correctness and doing many other things which were helping regular employees.
Highest level of national policy making experience one can get here. Chance of a lifetime.
Full time Consultant (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 8, 2014
Great exposure and an opportunity to learn from national and international experts and politicians. I would have worked for free also.
Income tax Department
Tax Auditor / Income tax Department (Former Employee), Bucharest,RomaniaJune 23, 2014
Conducted audits of books, records and supporting documentation for individuals, corporations, and other organizations to ensure compliance with the Income Tax Acts and related legislation.
Fun work environment
Economist (Former Employee), NigeriaJune 4, 2014
It was a pleasure doing my National Youth Service Corps in the company.
sale the state property
head of sale department (Current Employee), AstanaMay 10, 2014
I sale the state property
I work from 9.00 a.m to 7.00p.m
I have to organize saling
Productive and fun workplace with flexible schedule
Software Architect (Current Employee), Prishtine, KosovoMay 2, 2014
Not necessarily I start job at 8 o'clock. In fact we start week in monday, at 10 o'clock we take sprint meeting, in the meeting I take new tasks from business team for whole week, we arrange any meeting if we need to discuss anything. During the week if I have anything unclear I discuss with business team. In the friday I make a periodically release. – more... We follow this cycle until we finish all tasks for current milestone.
In another part, is testing team who test my job after I make release.
My hardest part was to go in office in 8 o'clock, because many times I should stay late during the nights, but the most important thing for business team is to finish tasks, which is most enjoyable part for me. – less

1 2 3 4

About Ministry of Finance

The Ministry of Finance continues to implement and encourage employees to participate in the Ministry's Diversity Mentoring Partnership – Read more

Ministry of Finance Photos