Ministry of Finance Employee Review

View all Ministry of Finance reviews

Protect policyholders interest by effective implementation of insurance laws and regulations
Insurance Consultant / Insurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Financial Sector Supervision, Govt. of Saint Lucia3 December 2012
It was a very challenging role. The very first assignment was to review provisions of the existing Insurance Act, conduct market intelligence and make suggestion based on the international regulatory practices.

* I have suggested over 15 proposals based on the Insurance Core Principles (ICPs), legislation and policies of FSCO and OSFI, Canada. Conducted consultation with the industry and other stake holders, met with the Select Committee of Parliament on Insurance and coordinated with the Attorney Generals Chambers for policy development.
* Enhanced Saint Lucia's image as the most vibrant regulatory jurisdiction in the OECS by effective and timely implementation of regulatory provisions, innovation in financial review process, market conduct examination and by designing and implementing new reporting forms.
Pros
improve leadership and decision making skills
Cons
one has to always remain focused, alert and innovative to enhance capacity and stability of the financial market.

Other Ministry of Finance Employee Reviews

Great People , Great Place, miss them dearly
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 April 2017
Best of the best... Great People ... Great Work environment... always pleasant... Customer Relations Team.... never overworked... great hours... weekends off... casual Fridays... Bring your own once a month lunches... great friends instantly... all staff very intellectual and friendly... wide range of interests as well as acceptance...
Pros
Great Pay, ... Great Future, great benefits
Cons
was there on a contract, ... waiting for my next contract, but broke my neck and severed my spine soon after contract ended
Having a government job in the Bahamas ensures stability.
Tax Inspector (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Nassau, BS24 April 2017
I am greatful for the experience. But i realized that there is a season for everything. For this i decided to step out on faith and opening up my own business as a nail technician.