Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace, friendly co-workers, professional autonomy,
Management of Business teacher, Head Of Department (Current Employee), Rusape,ZimbabweDecember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: transport
Busy all day,learnt to be a self starter and a team member.Friendly co-workers and management who gave room for professional autonomy. Supervising older subordinates was the hardest part of the job. Enjoy attaining the highest pass rate in the commercial subjects,an area I oversee as the head of department.
Productive,outcome based curriculum and fun filled with lots of improvisation
Teacher (Former Employee), Kinoya ,FijiDecember 9, 2013
Pros: holidays and no shift work..free accomodation in rural schools
Cons: very low salary and lots of paper work demnding long hours...robbing my leisure time
busy as soon as i enter the school gate and the last to leave the school. I have learned to do my best and just excei in all ido ..to be an example to my officers in all areas of the job...not just a talk and do nothing which is the practice of some.Some do learn fast but others need constant reminders and much coaching on the job.
The hardest to cope – more... with are the ones who refuse to be corrected or given assistance to improve as students and collegue at work.THE best of part of teaching is getting to meet new people evry week,month and year and really reflect on self through the children i teach.Teaching is such a humble proffession where I get to be part of the child's life in a real way..since i am with the child 8 hours daily..Monday to Friday – less
Teaching Maths and Computer Sceince
Faculty (Comp./Maths) (Former Employee), Dhall Meedhoo and MaroshiDecember 9, 2013
Heading the Mathematics department, teaching of O Level Mathematics of Cambridge syllabus and computer basics like MSOFFICE and Internet browsing
Challenging and Exciting and times
Modern Foreign Language Teacher, Spanish (Former Employee), Antigua and BarbudaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good work hours
Cons: salary does not fit work dedication and expectation
Once Planning has taken place before hand, a typical day is usually productive, it all depends and the teacher execution. I have come to the realization that once teachers are able to cope with the unfavorable situation at work, management lack being expeditious in making the situation better. Most staff members get along, the rapport with staff is – more... remarkable.The hardest part of the job is planning and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we see evidence that the children are learning base on responses, assessment results. transferring what is taught to real life situations. – less
got more salary with out any satisfaction
Maths teacher (Current Employee), MaldivesDecember 3, 2013
I couldn't enjoy teaching there but I got more salary ....I am trying to change from that place
fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
school teacher (Former Employee), Westmorland, JamaicaNovember 27, 2013
Pros: gifts
Cons: poor parenting
a typical day was hearing my name called every second of the day, getting endless hugs and notes from my students. i leaned that students are like play claw, you mold them into what they become tomorrow. realizing my role as a teacher from very early i used my every skill and talent, all resources i had to be the very best teacher i could be.
my most – more... enjoyable part is seeing my students try, once they try i know they can only fail or succeed. but having me their side failure wasn't an option. – less
great place
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Palestine, west bankNovember 22, 2013
it's an ok place if you have the right connections,stressful unstable
productive and good working place
Supply Chain Management Unit (Former Employee), WindhoekNovember 12, 2013
Pros: time consuming, work done manual
Cons: health care
I was doing my attachment at the Ministry of Education at the Department of Supply chain management unit, i enjoyed working as a team and individual,i have experience on the supply chain management of textbooks.
The day I become a manager.
Deputy Headmaster (Former Employee), Chibuto District- Gaza- MozambiqueNovember 12, 2013
Cons: health conditions are deplorable
It was a fresh day that started with sun shinning from the east as usually. I had planned the activities for the following day but unfortunately my colleagues had not got access to notice board. We had planned a meeting at top-level management that prepare all our activities up to the end of year The turn-up was weak and the meeting was held with few – more... elements.
The type of communication that we had used had failed. It was time up to read and update my skills on communication. I had to read and come to conclusion that horizon and vertical communication was important. The other top-management managers had agreed with me that our system of communication was weak so we had to improve through using other channels. We had to apologise for that inconveniences that we had caused.
The hardest part of a top-manager is to apologise to his subordinate and this is correct because nobody is alright. Top-managers need to retreat during a discussion in order to gain more space for decision making. When all activities are planned before hand even at a large company it becomes a small company. Collaboration with subordinate colleagues becomes fun when the planned goals are achieved at high and low level. – less
Productive and Fun Place to work
Corporate Support Officer (Former Employee), CommonwealthNovember 10, 2013
General Administrative duties.
I learned the character patterns of students and parents.
Work hand in hand with management.
Cooperation with colleagues.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with an uncooperative parent.
The students remind me to be young again.
enjoyable place to work for
Teacher (Former Employee), HarareNovember 8, 2013
Pros: school holidays and free accomodation
Cons: lack of facilities like electricity
Teaching, marking and training sports

I learned teaching skills and management was helpful and co workers too.

Most hardest part of the job was revisions for examinations
and the enjoyable part of the job was taking the team to sports competitions with other schools
Challenging and rewarding
Teacher (Current Employee), North SingaporeNovember 6, 2013
Pros: long vacations
Cons: long work hours
The job demands full attention on students from managing behaviors to the administrative part of lesson preparation and other necessary administrative work pertaining to students.
Although there are challenges when managing people, especially Adolescence, it is rewarding to see growth in people.
I have learnt to observe the environmental setting of – more... the workplace before making quick responses in terms of behavior or words used. Maintaining trust in people is a vital tool for either opportunities to be offered or building relationships with co-workers or students. – less
key department of the ministry
Statician and Database developer (Former Employee), AsmaraNovember 6, 2013
- Develop database for the ministry (Educational Management Information System - EMIS )
- Analyze data
- Publish Educational Indicators and provide basic educational statistics
- Network Administer
- PC maintenance
- GIS for map purpose
HAPPY TO WORK WITH CHILDREN
Art teacher - For secondary and primary school (Former Employee), IsrealNovember 3, 2013
facing a lot of problematic children, some has special needs, or his own problems at home, some is just nervous, dealing with different kinds of behaviors makes you feel more responsible to make them all happy, relax and enjoying art class, for me, i enjoyed every moment.
there is some benefints
Graphic Designer +teacher of arts (Current Employee), Jordan, MNOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free launch
Cons: short break
I did not enjoy in it I’am a graphic designer and I want to improve my self in my job
Fun work place
After School Care (Current Employee), Te Kuiti, NOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, good work environment, overall a fun job
I learned a lot from working there, i learned childcare skills, communication skills, i got to meet new people. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the young kids happy and having fun. I don't believe there was anything hard with this job. My co-workers were amazing to work with, always supportive and knew how to have a good laugh.
productive and fun place to work
TEACHER AT MARANG JUNIOR SCHOOL (Former Employee), GaboroneOctober 23, 2013
Pros: party at the end of the year where we buy gifts for each other
Cons: long hours of course
learning court terminologies was the hardest part but fun as
Open communication, inclusive workplace
Education Support Worker (Former Employee), LevinOctober 20, 2013
Great management teams, inclusive work habits, variety and challenge.
Grade Teacher
Grade Teacher (Former Employee), kingston JamaicaOctober 20, 2013
It was a pleasure working with the students and my superior. I enjoyed working here and it was a pleasure.
Social Work with elderly in society
Organisational Development Advisor (Former Employee), KenyaOctober 20, 2013
Pros: capacity building, learning, networking opportunity
Cons: temporary assignment as a volunteer
It was a VSO volunteering assignment with certain tenure. I enjoyed working here as the Business Development Manager. I had a huge opportunity to contribute and I did just that with 100% success.

Since the NGOs in South Africa depend mainly on the Social Welfare Ministry, they rarely raise funds from other sources. I built up the desired capacity to – more... raise funds from the corporate sector, campaigns, exhibitions of handmade products by the elderly people etc.

This job was extremely satisfying. Unfortunately, It was only for a year. – less