Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun
Teacher (Current Employee), SuvaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: getting to know each individual who struggle to learn despite their vast different backgrounds
Cons: less pay
my day starts at 7am on my way to school. form time starts at 8am to 8:30am where we share values to our Forms,class discussion and devotion time.This is the most enjoyable part of the job.

the management are supportive of the education drive and effort shown towards the students that we teach. my co-workers are wonderful and easy to get along with...with the theme for the year "Together We Can",we are positive to achieve our aim through the positiveness of fellow workmates
Productive and fun working place
Education Support Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, NSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: playing along side the children, enjoying myself
Cons: far away from where i stay.
Every morning I wake up and is always happy to be going to work because I know I will enjoy it. Some days were great and other days can be real tough. During my time working as an ESW, I learned so much about different children and their disabilities. Each child learns different and so I had to learn how to communicate with them in order for me to understand what they are in need of. Getting tpo work was a bit of a struggle as everyone needs to go to work but we did manage to sort out rides afterwards. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the little educator when he was upset as they couldn't really speak properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was just having fun with the child and helping them join in with his/her class activities. I really enjoyed working eith kids and helping them become familiar with their environment.
Full of challenges
ICT Teacher (Current Employee), Thessaloniki, GreeceSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: july and august vacations and christmas and easter
Cons: you also have to work at home to catch up with everything
A class full of kids and energy, waiting to be guided to the world of Computer Science. Besides teaching (hopefully only on one school) you have to do paperwork and you are assigned many responsibilities.
organised workplace
relief teacher (Former Employee), zimbnabweSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: three months holidays per year
Cons: salary is not enough
The organbisation is one that employs disciplined people who are commited and hardworking although the salary is not favourable
Productive and friendly work place
English Teacher in the Ministry of Education (Former Employee), Muscat, OmanSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free transport and support
Cons: very short hours
A better place to work with supportive principal and colleagues. Although students are very rough, they are very honest to accept their mistakes and once they understand they follow the expectations.
It was educational and entertaining
Training Assistant (Former Employee), TbilisiSeptember 19, 2014
I had to help organizers carry out necessary training. Attend the training myself and be cautious, well-organized and punctual always.
good
Teacher(math and Science) (Former Employee), Mongar and Thimphu, Bhutan.September 18, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: tiring
Learning and educating.Gives cultural values and ethics.its a tiring job.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), HYDERABADSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: travel facility
Worked as a Project Engineer about 12 years and handled different types of commercial and residential buildings. My role starts from selecting the site with the help of Land Surveyor and suggest the right site for a specified project. Will finalize the project construction program and logistic Plan of the site with the contractor that includes different types of tests n allocation of all equipments and materials including Labour Camp. Attending the site inspections of all the contractor works regularly. Préparation of monthly Progress payments and getting them approved by departmental heads and Chairman of the Project. Preparing progress reports and monthly scheduels of the project and
arrange meetings with higher authorities. Worked as a Site Engineer by supervising & executing of the works according to drawings, specifications and as per the construction schedule. controlling the project in the most economical way by optimum usage of Manpower, material and equipments. Responsible for checking work quality and effeciency of Trade Formen etc.
Strong in Communication and expert in acheiving the targets and makes the task to get completed in the specified time. Handles the Labour Payments in a clear n perfect way. Good in organinsing / maintaining the site locations in a proper way.
Fun and productive
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee), KingstonAugust 29, 2014
The day can be very tiring but when you enjoy what ever you are doing you do not feel tired. I have learned to manage my time, I have learn to deal with conflict among the children and I also learn how to get along with my coworkers.My co worker are very helpful and motivating. the hardest part of my job is to tidy up the classroom in the evening such as sweeping and fixing the desk and chairs. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I teach a lesson and all my students are in to it or when I give a test and the results are very good, especially for a child that is working below his/her level... wow its a great pleasure when I see that child get a B.
Long term relieving teaching has enabled to be a confident, adaptable and flexable professional in the workplace.
Relieving Teacher (Current Employee), Flaxmere, NAugust 27, 2014
I am always prepared and ready at the beginning of each day when called upon to teacher relieve at all schools. My adaptability provides me with the necessary requirements, such as being familiar with school routines and experience and knowledge of curriculum areas that may be taught. Always having my own resources in case they are needed assistes with classroom mangement.

I am confident to ask if I am not sure of particular things onsite. This has been rewarding for me because I am able to meet with and work along side with teachers for the first time.

My greatest challenge as a relieving teacher is changing from Junior-Middle School to Senior School. This would be because I have relieved more in Junior & Middle School area.

The most enjoyable part of my position has been to see the delight and excitement in the faces of the children I have taught because they have had a great day learning and fun also.
productive
Teacher (Former Employee), MudziAugust 25, 2014
Pros: exciting
Cons: lack of motivation
Quite enjoyable
To be tolerant of individual differences
Co-workers were quite co-operating
Management was good and professional
out door game with the children in the classroom
teacher (Former Employee), georgetown guyanaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: nill
Cons: 2 short break and a lunch break
my typical day at work was amazing, i have learn how to deal with children, management level was the way how i manage a orderly classroom, well co-workers they were a few jealous one but other than that i didn't let that get to me, the hardest part of my job was when the children them finish their end of term test and i have to mark their exam papers but i was a great felling to know while marking they have answer if not all most of the questions correctly, my most enjoyable part of my job was when i and the headteacher present the end of term result
Supportive Administrators.
Acting Head of Department (Current Employee), Nassau, BahamasAugust 20, 2014
Pleasant work environment. It s a rewarding experience to see the students mature into young men and women.
Fast paced with lots of communciation and publicity opportunities
Strategic Communications Consultant (Current Employee), Georgetown, GuyanaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: leading critical public relations intitatives
Cons: no job security and upward mobility
Working the Ministry of Education has been exciting and fun. Reporting directly to the Minister of Education kept the job fast paced and energetic. Numerous public relations opportunities exist within the Ministry as a result of its many divisions and subdivisions, and the vast area of responsibility for which the Ministry has.

However precisely because I have been hired by the Minister and report to her directly, my job is more or less based on her term in political office. That does not auger well for job security.

Consequently, while I do love what I do and am making a valuable contribution to the mass audience the Ministry serves, I believe that I need to embark on a career defining path which I strongly believe the position Public Relations/Communication/Media Specialist for which I am applying can provide me with the professional scope I need and the opportunity to share my knowledge, skills and experiences.
Working at St. Georges All-Age is fun and challenging.
Principal, St Georges All-Age (Current Employee), Blackstonege, St. AnnAugust 11, 2014
Pros: student achievement
Cons: teacher support and coorperation
Working at St Georges all-age was challenging and fun. i am a teacher/principal. i teach grade 4. it is fulfilling to see a child improve in their academics. it is difficult however to manage a school and teach simultaneously. To manage instruction and the administrative aspect of the school in addition to being a regular teacher can be very challenging.

I am satisfy however with my achievements at the institution.

A typical day at the institution starts with devotion, students lead to their classes. i supervise teachers to ensure that they are teaching according to the curriculum guide.we have a 15 minutes break and a 45 minutes break.
I felt valued and respected.
Special Education Advisor (Former Employee), New ZealandAugust 5, 2014
Each day was different and you never knew what issues were going to arise. I was able to work independently and prioritize my caseload based on the needs of the students.
fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Grange roadAugust 5, 2014
consolidate different department paper work, assist teacehrs with events
no salary increment since 6 years,
Accounting Teacher (Current Employee), MaldivesAugust 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no job satisfation
Nt Happy with salary what i am getting here,no good management
The work place
School Teacher (Current Employee), SuvaAugust 2, 2014
Cons: short breaks
each day has been a looking forward day whether i have some absenteeism or not. mostly reflecting and facilitating the future heads and leaders of the country. each day is always fun and challenging in a way of discipline matters due to zero tolerance on corporal punishments. however, students are always aware of that and they know wot to do and when and where. i have learnt that being patient,confident,bold and steady overcomes and break barriers of discipline issues. however management still needs to improve on their role as to do their job well in order to have a clear and effective learning environment where students love to go to and learn. the co-workers were really collaborative and very helpful in a way that we share each others opinions about certain issues or matters arises in the working field. the hardest part of the job is having 6days of work and not 5 days,also the work load is in bulk that we have to do teaching the whole day,documentation after school therefore reached home around 6pm in the evening. however,the most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in a child's life,enabling the child who doesn't know how to read to read properly and know how to read,mostly helping and seeing your student become successful in life.
Intersting working and grooming students
Senior Teacher (Former Employee), HarareAugust 1, 2014
Marking and scheming, teaching Maths to students

Learned patience as I taught one class with slow learners among 4 other good classes