Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
somehow good work place
English Teacher (Former Employee), JordanJune 14, 2014
workdays are from Sunday till Thursday starting from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm, I learned the patience while I am dealing with students according to their age groups.
very place to learn new things
Network Admin/Instructor (Current Employee), Fafu MagoodhooJune 3, 2014
co-workers are so cooperative
I enjoy the work, troubleshooting the network issues
Fun working with children
Relief Teacher (Former Employee), ZimbabweJune 2, 2014
Pros: personnel skills developed, communication skills updated
Cons: short term contract
It was generally fun working with children.I am very passionate about little minds and was thrilled to have had the opportunity to contribute immensely to their educational and and personal development.

I got along well with my co-workers to the extent that they were sad when i had to leave after the expiry of my contract.

The hardest part of the – more... job was dealing with impatient students but i took it in my stride as i saw that it was a challenge and i am not someone who runs away from challenges. – less
productive
teacher (Current Employee), mutare,zimbabweMay 10, 2014
highly demanding
gained experience tolerance and diligence.
has offered me ability to manage human and social relations
fun productive and hard working
Filling, Data entry, (Current Employee), browns town st.annMay 1, 2014
My job help me to help my co-worker to get ready for the wold of work it help me to show them that doing there job aloud them to feel good about there self. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the worker when there pay was send to them late. the most enjoyable part is getting along with my co-workers even day.
not realy I come from a backround where I had to work very hard to get ahead in live so I am not much into the luxuries at work place
Clerk (Former Employee), WindhoekApril 30, 2014
the hardest part of the job was alot of physical strenght was needed to remove around 50kg boxes and baga from the train container into the warehouse.even though it was the job of the labourers at 6 feet 2 I i came in handy since alot of labourers where female due to the the Goverment affirmative plan and woman empowerment policy.My abilty to smoothly – more... control a Forklift also came in as a huge bonus – less
Much has changed since probably.
Clerical Executive (Former Employee), Singapore, S00April 22, 2014
Long hours, red tape. Exciting components in the education industry exists, but also a lot of dead weight.
swimming
Finance Auditor (Former Employee), amman-jordanApril 21, 2014
work hard and long time.
Part time Full time Permanent Self Employed
Productive nd knowledgeable
TRAINING COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZApril 6, 2014
Pros: free cafetaria for snacks, brunch
Cons: fix time
was working as a training Coordinator , learned about admin nd Course follow up information , Mangment supports a lot, Co Workers as a team always cooperate, i enjoyed my work with my team..
Assistant Professor In English
Teacher-Ministry of Education, Maldives for 3 yrs (Current Employee), ChennaiApril 1, 2014
Cons: 7 hours
I look forward a placement in abroad teaching English as a second language...
Engaging Work Environment
Culture and Language Assistant (Current Employee), Huelva, ANMarch 31, 2014
Pros: full immersion in a foreign language
Cons: minimal hours
A typical day included about 4 to 7 hours of class including prep time. I arrived at my high school ready to give lessons to students goes 12 to 17, and ages 4 to 9 for private lessons outside of school.

I leaned how to manage a classroom with students who were eager to learn and some who had no desire to learn anything which proved to be difficult – more... at times, but with time, it became more manageable.

I reported to my bilingual coordinator and the teachers of the various subjects in the bilingual program. We coordinated individual class as well as lessons that overlapped multiple subjects. My coworkers consisted of biology, history, English, physical education, and music teachers. I worked with them to create activities and also help to improve their understanding of English.

The most difficult part of my job as an Auxiliary was having to motivate students every day; while most activities targeted oral communication, not all of there were "fun", which would not motivate students to participate.

The most enjoyable part of being Auxiliary is the opportunity to experience life, its intricacies, while in another country. I have the invaluable knowledge of how education works, both as a former student in the USA and as an educator in Spain. Everyday is a mini adventure. Everyday is another lesson. – less
productive but challenging
Physical Sciences educator (Former Employee), Gokwe, Harare, ZimbabweMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: transport problems
My first day, I was a bit nervous. Everyone around me was new and all eyes were on me. I learnt that a workplace is like a society where you find almost all characters and of different academic and social background who treats you in different ways. Also learnt that what we do everyday can build or destroy a life, In the design field is either a profit – more... or loss so I had to do it to my best. My co-workers were supportive and inquisitive. The hardest part was to embrace everyone on board(stakeholders) and to know who to approach for things I needed. most enjoyable part was to see learners pass and to see designed projects working and seeing clients satisfied with offered services – less
a great place to work at
Teacher/Senior Teacher (Former Employee), INMarch 27, 2014
Pros: ha ha ha freeeee lunches, friendly staff
very busy but fun. too much travelling which left little time for family. its challengin and enriching. one gets a chance to learn new things even outside one s field. the best part is once you have worked for this organisation you become fully prepared to work in any organisation.
Productive and fun workplace
Metalwork Teacher (Former Employee), zimbabweMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches when we went out for co-curricular activities eg. sports
Cons: long hours
-Lesson planning
-Learnt to identify slow learners and fast learners amongst pupils
-Management was excellent
-The most enjoyable part was when we did practical lessons
An institution that has goals that are met. An environment conducive for both teachers and students.
Teacher (Current Employee), New Amsterdam, WIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: holidays and weekends off.
Cons: overcrowded classrooms and salary scale are not encouraging
The work environment is awesome, however, the payment plan is not attractive.
a government department where progression is limited
Principal Administration officer (Current Employee), GaboroneMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free weekends
Cons: poor pension fund
is performing Human resources & administration tasks
i have learned that above everything else, workers are our best resources and that the more they are happy in an organisation, the more they will perform.
my co-workers are a diverse group of people, some impossible to work with and some are cooperative but i have learned how to deal with all of them.
my – more... hardest part of the job is expecting people to work as hard as i work. i am a perfectionist and i expect a lot from each and every individual i work with – less
the company was result-oriented
Chemistry Teacher (Former Employee), Seke 1 High School, Chitungwiza, ZimbabweMarch 13, 2014
Pros: it was closer to my home
Cons: people would talk negatively to me about the organization, whilst they work with me at the organization.
A typical day involves receiving and checking entry forms, data capturing as well as error corrections and filing. Each day I could meet and discover new things everyday. Each day was a learning curve.
Being my first job, I learnt that it is important to do things efficiently and meeting targets. I also learnt that the way I do my job has a bearing – more... on the image of the company. This was to help me as I moved to other jobs.
My supervisor was open about everything to me and he was approachable. He was a happy man with a good sense of humour. It made my job easier.
My co-workers were supportive, not only at work but even in social problems at home. – less
Productive worplace with separate classrooms. Personal interaction with supervisors.
Graduate Senior Assistant Mistress (Former Employee), Tucville Primary School. Georgetown. GuyanaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: pursuance of higher education while on the job, provision of on the jobs training in teaching and learning programmes.
Cons: availability of mid-morning and lunch breaks, access to teaching and learning materials, participation in extra-curricular activities.
Day begins at 08:45 hrs and ends at 15:00 hrs. Assembly of pupils and marking of registers. Checks and reviews homework. Attends to pupils questions. Supervise and review work. Classroom engagement. States and review work plan. Confer with supervisors and managers. Listens to and paticipates in discussion on issues affecting pupils and co-workers. the – more... hardest part of the job was getting parents to be involved in their child's education. the most enjoyable part was interacting with the pupils. There is so much one can learn from children. – less
It was a Lot of fun working for Ministry of Education. When I first joined the Ministry, there was no IT department. I set up IT section from start
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Maseru, LesothoMarch 4, 2014
Pros: i did not have a boss
Cons: i was not being managed, no one understood what i was doing
It was a Lot of fun working for Ministry of Education. When I first joined the Ministry, there was no IT department. I set up IT section from the beginning, there were few stand alone PCs, each attached to a printer. I recommended additional IT staff. We setup first Local Area network (LAN) in Ministry Head Quarters. Later we joined other departments – more... to the main LAN, to bring about Metropolitan Area Network. And lastly we hooked the remote areas to bring about Wide Area Network (WAN). – less
Productive workplace
Corporate Support Officer (Former Employee), Buona VistaFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: location is quite near my house
My work ranges from processing students’ admission applications, data entry of registration details, filing of records and mailing services. During my span with the company, I also had the chance to work with different teams and gain my experience.

Ministry of Education Photos