Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The work place
School Teacher (Current Employee), SuvaAugust 2, 2014
Cons: short breaks
each day has been a looking forward day whether i have some absenteeism or not. mostly reflecting and facilitating the future heads and leaders of the country. each day is always fun and challenging in a way of discipline matters due to zero tolerance on corporal punishments. however, students are always aware of that and they know wot to do and when – more... and where. i have learnt that being patient,confident,bold and steady overcomes and break barriers of discipline issues. however management still needs to improve on their role as to do their job well in order to have a clear and effective learning environment where students love to go to and learn. the co-workers were really collaborative and very helpful in a way that we share each others opinions about certain issues or matters arises in the working field. the hardest part of the job is having 6days of work and not 5 days,also the work load is in bulk that we have to do teaching the whole day,documentation after school therefore reached home around 6pm in the evening. however,the most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in a child's life,enabling the child who doesn't know how to read to read properly and know how to read,mostly helping and seeing your student become successful in life. – less
Intersting working and grooming students
Senior Teacher (Former Employee), HarareAugust 1, 2014
Marking and scheming, teaching Maths to students

Learned patience as I taught one class with slow learners among 4 other good classes
freedom of work
English teacher and academic supervisor.(IGCSE) (Former Employee), K.Dhiffushi, Republic of MaldivesJuly 30, 2014
Pros: excellent staff orientation, enhancement and systematic approach.
Cons: tough life stmosphere
once we are under government job which gives security and the atmosphere was excellent in the school.
Productive and fun working place with various wellness activities periodically.
Principal Personnel Officer (Current Employee), Ghanzi, BotswanaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: accomodation subsidy, pension fund, annual leave, and medical coverage.
Cons: long hours
A typical day at Ministry of Education is very busy with a lot of interaction with people of different backgrounds, level of education, and culture, as well as liaising with many other different departments within the Ministry due to bureaucratic management system.

I learned a lot within this Ministry, e.g. exercising patience when dealing with both – more... internal and external customers, working under pressure, and effective and efficient communication.

My co-workers include a good mix of adults and young adults, and this calls for a lot of personal adjustment to accommodate everyone on daily basis. The hardest part of the job is generally differences in our approach to accept change of our mindset. Young adults like me come with very high expectation to demonstrate knowledge of technology, global business change and zeal to turn things around, while the adult officers are home, relaxed and expect the young people to take it easy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is this cultural diversity and the ability of push through and meet the daily organizational objectives.
. – less
productive work place
senior teacher (Current Employee), chinhoyi, zimbabweJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, free lunch
Cons: short breaks and long working hours
i learned to be hard working, the management was tough and hard working and supportive, the co workers were also very supportive and pleasing to work with. The hardest part of the job was poor remuneration.
Teacher (Former Employee), CastriesJuly 22, 2014
Teaching IT to students
Troubleshooting user related issues
Designing and implementing projects
An experience which is tattooed in me. The best experience a man can get
Mathematics teacher (Former Employee), Anpka, Kogi stateJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free accommodation and food as well
Cons: health care, water supply
working with the ministry was one of the ways which made it possible for me to value the true meaning of life and its environment.
if you take a course down memory lane, you will get to realize that there is more to life than what you see at the moment.
Finishing up paper work
C.X.C Supervisor (Former Employee), Sangre GrandeJuly 21, 2014
Pros: we didnt have free lunches
Working for the Ministry of Education was very peaceful, I had a lot of paper work to do before sending in exams papers from students. I had to choose my own staff of invigilators and I had to do up pay sheet for salaries. It was peaceful and easy.
BEST JOB I'VE EVER BEEN IN
Teacher iii (Current Employee), Port-of-SpainJuly 18, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: timetables to complex
STARTING THE DAY ON TIME.
FOSTERING RESPONSIBLE MINDS.
MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE POSITIVE IN ALL DEALINGS.
MOSTLY COMMITTED TO THE TASK AT HAND.
DEALING WITH A BROKEN MIND THAT STARTED WITH A BROKEN HOME.
PARENTS SAYING HOW GOOD YOU'VE BEEN AS AN INFLUENCE ON THEIR SONS.
average workplace
Numeracy Specialist (Former Employee), JamaicaJuly 17, 2014
The days were always full of uncertainties. There were usually unrealistic demands. Coworkers were usually too busy to share best practices. it was always hard to meet targets without adequate resources
Its very challenging and fun
Teacher (Former Employee), SuvaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: having fun
Cons: long hours
It was enjoyable but the most hard part of a day is to prepare a suitable work to suit all the capabilities of my students.
Interesting environment
School Clerical Officer (Former Employee), Princes TownJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: a bit monotonous
The work was not challenging but at the same time it did not feel fulfilling.
About our education systems
Has it been said anywhere, whether by scientist (Former Employee), Ghana Northern Region TamaleJuly 12, 2014
It is incredible for the ministry to allow some of the students to enjoy batter service than other and at the end you put them in trouble and still call them less intelligent ones.
good place to work
Secondary School Teacher (Former Employee), BarbadosJuly 10, 2014
Pros: games evenings
Cons: lack of training
A good place to work however there was no programme to facilitate training and coaching for new teachers.
same as above
Language and Culture Assistant (Former Employee), Valladolid and Bilbao, SpainJuly 10, 2014
same as the previous review of the Ministry of Education (Spain).
Enjoyed immensely
Senior Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Otaki, NJuly 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyable environment
Cons: not applicable.
I was in sole charge of running the office and maintaining it.
I was there to meet and greet all staff and visitors daily, loved doing this, was allowed to show my bubbly personality.
Learnt that when there is trust and confidentiality between all staff it is a wonderful place to work.
Hardest part of this job was actually leaving it.
Most enjoyable – more... was building the trust and confidentiality between all. – less
Productive work but uncompetitive remuneration
Teacher (Former Employee), HarareJuly 4, 2014
Pros: holidays provided an opportunity to rest
Cons: poor remuneration
I was teaching Mathematics and Commerce. My day included teaching, planning and marking books. The hardest part of the job was when I was given the slow learners and had to devise ways of ensuring that the pupils grasped what I taught them.
Productive workplace
Teacher (Former Employee), Bulawayo,ZimbabweJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much extra-curricular activities
Team work,coordination,patience with children and good working relationship with staff.Children were wonderful in most cases.
Best Experience Ever
English Language Assistant (Former Employee), Madrid, SpainJune 26, 2014
Working in Spain was one of the best experiences I have ever had.
somehow good work place
English Teacher (Former Employee), JordanJune 14, 2014
workdays are from Sunday till Thursday starting from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm, I learned the patience while I am dealing with students according to their age groups.