Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting environment
School Clerical Officer (Former Employee), Princes TownJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: a bit monotonous
The work was not challenging but at the same time it did not feel fulfilling.
About our education systems
Has it been said anywhere, whether by scientist (Former Employee), Ghana Northern Region TamaleJuly 12, 2014
It is incredible for the ministry to allow some of the students to enjoy batter service than other and at the end you put them in trouble and still call them less intelligent ones.
good place to work
Secondary School Teacher (Former Employee), BarbadosJuly 10, 2014
Pros: games evenings
Cons: lack of training
A good place to work however there was no programme to facilitate training and coaching for new teachers.
same as above
Language and Culture Assistant (Former Employee), Valladolid and Bilbao, SpainJuly 10, 2014
same as the previous review of the Ministry of Education (Spain).
Enjoyed immensely
Senior Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Otaki, NJuly 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyable environment
Cons: not applicable.
I was in sole charge of running the office and maintaining it.
I was there to meet and greet all staff and visitors daily, loved doing this, was allowed to show my bubbly personality.
Learnt that when there is trust and confidentiality between all staff it is a wonderful place to work.
Hardest part of this job was actually leaving it.
Most enjoyable – more... was building the trust and confidentiality between all. – less
Productive work but uncompetitive remuneration
Teacher (Former Employee), HarareJuly 4, 2014
Pros: holidays provided an opportunity to rest
Cons: poor remuneration
I was teaching Mathematics and Commerce. My day included teaching, planning and marking books. The hardest part of the job was when I was given the slow learners and had to devise ways of ensuring that the pupils grasped what I taught them.
Productive workplace
Teacher (Former Employee), Bulawayo,ZimbabweJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much extra-curricular activities
Team work,coordination,patience with children and good working relationship with staff.Children were wonderful in most cases.
Best Experience Ever
English Language Assistant (Former Employee), Madrid, SpainJune 26, 2014
Working in Spain was one of the best experiences I have ever had.
somehow good work place
English Teacher (Former Employee), JordanJune 14, 2014
workdays are from Sunday till Thursday starting from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm, I learned the patience while I am dealing with students according to their age groups.
very place to learn new things
Network Admin/Instructor (Current Employee), Fafu MagoodhooJune 3, 2014
co-workers are so cooperative
I enjoy the work, troubleshooting the network issues
Fun working with children
Relief Teacher (Former Employee), ZimbabweJune 2, 2014
Pros: personnel skills developed, communication skills updated
Cons: short term contract
It was generally fun working with children.I am very passionate about little minds and was thrilled to have had the opportunity to contribute immensely to their educational and and personal development.

I got along well with my co-workers to the extent that they were sad when i had to leave after the expiry of my contract.

The hardest part of the – more... job was dealing with impatient students but i took it in my stride as i saw that it was a challenge and i am not someone who runs away from challenges. – less
productive
teacher (Current Employee), mutare,zimbabweMay 10, 2014
highly demanding
gained experience tolerance and diligence.
has offered me ability to manage human and social relations
good worker,helping others
Teacher Secondary (Former Employee), TrinidadMay 7, 2014
Enjoy working with others
Easy going
organized
Goal oriented
Foccused
fun productive and hard working
Filling, Data entry, (Current Employee), browns town st.annMay 1, 2014
My job help me to help my co-worker to get ready for the wold of work it help me to show them that doing there job aloud them to feel good about there self. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the worker when there pay was send to them late. the most enjoyable part is getting along with my co-workers even day.
not realy I come from a backround where I had to work very hard to get ahead in live so I am not much into the luxuries at work place
Clerk (Former Employee), WindhoekApril 30, 2014
the hardest part of the job was alot of physical strenght was needed to remove around 50kg boxes and baga from the train container into the warehouse.even though it was the job of the labourers at 6 feet 2 I i came in handy since alot of labourers where female due to the the Goverment affirmative plan and woman empowerment policy.My abilty to smoothly – more... control a Forklift also came in as a huge bonus – less
Much has changed since probably.
Clerical Executive (Former Employee), Singapore, S00April 22, 2014
Long hours, red tape. Exciting components in the education industry exists, but also a lot of dead weight.
swimming
Finance Auditor (Former Employee), amman-jordanApril 21, 2014
work hard and long time.
Part time Full time Permanent Self Employed
Productive nd knowledgeable
TRAINING COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZApril 6, 2014
Pros: free cafetaria for snacks, brunch
Cons: fix time
was working as a training Coordinator , learned about admin nd Course follow up information , Mangment supports a lot, Co Workers as a team always cooperate, i enjoyed my work with my team..
Assistant Professor In English
Teacher-Ministry of Education, Maldives for 3 yrs (Current Employee), ChennaiApril 1, 2014
Cons: 7 hours
I look forward a placement in abroad teaching English as a second language...
Engaging Work Environment
Culture and Language Assistant (Current Employee), Huelva, ANMarch 31, 2014
Pros: full immersion in a foreign language
Cons: minimal hours
A typical day included about 4 to 7 hours of class including prep time. I arrived at my high school ready to give lessons to students goes 12 to 17, and ages 4 to 9 for private lessons outside of school.

I leaned how to manage a classroom with students who were eager to learn and some who had no desire to learn anything which proved to be difficult – more... at times, but with time, it became more manageable.

I reported to my bilingual coordinator and the teachers of the various subjects in the bilingual program. We coordinated individual class as well as lessons that overlapped multiple subjects. My coworkers consisted of biology, history, English, physical education, and music teachers. I worked with them to create activities and also help to improve their understanding of English.

The most difficult part of my job as an Auxiliary was having to motivate students every day; while most activities targeted oral communication, not all of there were "fun", which would not motivate students to participate.

The most enjoyable part of being Auxiliary is the opportunity to experience life, its intricacies, while in another country. I have the invaluable knowledge of how education works, both as a former student in the USA and as an educator in Spain. Everyday is a mini adventure. Everyday is another lesson. – less