Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

exercise club
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine, QC24 August 2012
A typical day is always interesting with my students there is never a dull day, there is always fun and laughter especially during a lesson. working there I've gained lots of experience because of the variety of disabilities that I cater for. My co-workers are excellent persons to work with they are co-operative and very sociable. The hardest part of the job is writing the lesson plans, because I want to ensure that it is effective enough to cater to my students. the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are having special events for example: sports day etc.
Pros
social events
Taught responsibility
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St Ann Jamaica5 November 2012
I was taught how to be responsible and how to interact with persons in a professional manner.

This was my first summer job as such i consider it to be the training ground for me. My managers ensured that i was guided initially before being left on my own to carry out my duties. My coworkers were very supportive and the most enjoyable part of the day was how i felt after completing a given task, that is normally in the evening
Pros
work experience
Cons
n/a
A productive and satisfying position
Class teacher for Nursery (Current Employee) –  vauxhall, Barbados20 August 2014
I would collect /receive the children on mornings. Conduct prayers and toileting. I teach all subjects on the curriculum to pupils from 3-4 years old as well as provide pastoral care and guidance. I assist pupils with snack and lunch duties and conduct supervision at lunch time. I carry out weekly planning and complete administrative documents such as the daily register and the scheme book and the daily plans. I create and administer worksheets which assist students in understanding concepts which are being taught. I hand children over to their parents at the end of the school day and tidy and set up the classroom so that I can achieve the best classroom management as well as a meaningful and productive learning experience for the children.
A work environment where respect to all levels of worker is practiced
School Guidance Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Alice Eldemire Drive, Montego Bay, Jamaica4 April 2013
A typical work day begins with devotion. There are often timetabled sessions which are interupted with emergency cases which takes priority. Being a middle manager, i work closely with the management team, resulting in efficiency, productivity and job satisfaction.

I work closely with my co-workers, evidently i cannot carry out the program on my own, their support is paramount in the success of the guidance program. The hardest part of the job is planning a program so strategically and the students show little or no interest in the deliverly.

However the most rewarding part of my job is to have pass students reurn to the school and say how greatful they are now for the guidance and counsellling they had received.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Records Officer (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, Manchester16 April 2015
My job is most enjoyable when a client comes to my office for assistance and I was able to help him/her and they left feeling satisfied. I love to be around my co-workers, they are nice to work with, and we share happy moments together. I love the team spirit.
Pros
long vacation
Cons
working overtime without a salary
Nice place to work with lots of new challenges
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Secondary School30 March 2014
My experience at the Ministry of Education was filled with new challenges everyday.
I reported directly to the Principal who was the Accounting Officer, and we managed expenses and requests made by teachers and members of staff within the funds allocated for us by the Budget Division.
Pros
Interaction with Teachers
Cons
Hard work and team player
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Spanish, ON9 August 2015
I take whatsoever job I am doing seriously. Each day at work I know I will expect something new because I am working with children. My typical day begins with devotion then the contact hours begins (teaching and leaning). One thing I have learnt when dealing with children is that you must be patient,lenient and at the same time be firm which sometimes is difficult to do but as a teacher you have master such ability.
My co-workers are the best people in the entire world. They can identify when something is wrong and are able to provide strong support. They are easy to get along with, kind, humorous but hard working. I think the most difficult part of the job is to get the children ready for learning and for them to work with each other. Yes, I know they are from different background and cultured differently so I have to be able to find strategies to improve cooperation.
The best part of the job is when the students are learning what you are teaching and to see them transfer what they have learnt in one subject area to another.
Ministry of Education
Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 December 2014
This was a summer position which developed my independence. I travelled through the province evaluating student summer jobs. It introduced me to the world of education. It also honed by skills at providing suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
Gained experience in training staff on Quality Centre and Test Frame Work
Senior QA Analyst (Automation) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada17 February 2013
• Prepared Automation Framework on Quality Centre.
• Developed Regression suites using Quick Test Pro.
• Conducted Training Sessions for defect tracking on Quality Centre for regular employees.
Fun work place with helpful team
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2014
Love this work place and there are lot of fun with team members. The job required strong skills in software quality, standards, documentations and process. Every day I learned in this job.
Pros
Lunch every week
Cons
Short contract
A Pleasant environment
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2015
* Manager and staff members are cordial - every body participate well at the team meetings.

* The work performed was enjoyable as new and challenging task were delegated to me to undertake - performed successfully.
excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee) –  West, ON16 March 2014
Acting as the principal art teacher for an entire country, writing the curriculum, mounting exhibitions, interacting with other agencies was lots of fun
Teaching in Jamaica
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingston14 April 2015
A typical day starts with me always being early to receive my students after which we always had devotion.
Lessons prepared has to be presented in a timely manner that allows students the opportunity to give their feedback then complete tasks on their own. There are so many things we can learn from students as each comes from a different home with different backgrounds, rules etc. And this helped me as a teacher with how I would deal with each child. I had a wonderful Principal and Grade Coordinator who were very helpful and understanding of the difficulties a teacher will face. The hardest part of the job came from parents who were not actively involved with their child's school life - too busy or illiterate themselves to assist with homework, not being present for Parent-Teacher conferences for e.g.. The most enjoyable is seeing a child learn and wanting to learn; a child who is willing to try until he/she got a question correct. I loved teaching.
Pros
Short shifts, children wanting to learn, parents who are involved, support from management
Cons
Unruly children and lack of support from parents, class size too big
Great place to work.
Summer Intern, Capital Programs Branch (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2013
I was self-motivated to perform to the best of my abilities. I felt a great level of acceptance from my co-works.
Pros
flexible schedule
Productivity comes from within, one must love what they do or what they are assisgned to do in order to be productive and become succesful.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nassau2 July 2013
At work is always great with the exception of being a little heated at times. This is currently changing because the government is now placing air conditions in the classroom. At this job I have learnt how to deal with diverse environments, write lesson plans, create classroom schemes and uphold excellent conversations. My principal, supervisors and colleagues are extremely nice and helpful. They assist me with my duties and also with my college work. The hardest part of the job is summertime, some students are graduating, some are going on to another class and some teachers are being transferred. We are like a family, each time someone leaves its very heart broken. But the better part is to know that I have had the experience to be apart of this family, and had obtained much experience and knowledge that the books cannot teach.
Pros
I have recieved free lunches at teachers appreciation and report card day.
Cons
They are no long hours. My hours are from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday.
productive 5 years
Level-3 Project Manager (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON, Canada24 February 2015
Delivered 5 projects successfully in bureaucratic environment in last 5 years.
Biggest challenge is scope management.
Training and support
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2012
Great place to expand your work skills such as writing and learning about new policies about schools and children with disabilites.
it is a fun and productive work environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Architectural Department4 May 2014
same as the previous review. it is the same company but i had different job functions such as a secretary
Productive Workplace
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  Kuwait19 February 2013
An enjoyable experience for 24 years full of good memories and great experiences. Coworkers are so good.
Pros
free food.
Great working experience
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Bermuda21 May 2013
same as Harrington Sound Pr. School.
learned new skills and fun loving environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Education. Our community is ready to answer.

87%