Ministry of Education Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Gained experience in training staff on Quality Centre and Test Frame Work
Senior QA Analyst (Automation) (Former Employee), Toronto, Ontario, CanadaFebruary 17, 2013
• Prepared Automation Framework on Quality Centre.
• Developed Regression suites using Quick Test Pro.
• Conducted Training Sessions for defect tracking on Quality Centre for regular employees.
excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee), West, ONMarch 16, 2014
Acting as the principal art teacher for an entire country, writing the curriculum, mounting exhibitions, interacting with other agencies was lots of fun
Great place to work.
Summer Intern, Capital Programs Branch (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
I was self-motivated to perform to the best of my abilities. I felt a great level of acceptance from my co-works.
Productivity comes from within, one must love what they do or what they are assisgned to do in order to be productive and become succesful.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), NassauJuly 2, 2013
Pros: i have recieved free lunches at teachers appreciation and report card day.
Cons: they are no long hours. my hours are from 8am to 4pm monday through friday.
At work is always great with the exception of being a little heated at times. This is currently changing because the government is now placing air conditions in the classroom. At this job I have learnt how to deal with diverse environments, write lesson plans, create classroom schemes and uphold excellent conversations. My principal, supervisors and colleagues are extremely nice and helpful. They assist me with my duties and also with my college work. The hardest part of the job is summertime, some students are graduating, some are going on to another class and some teachers are being transferred. We are like a family, each time someone leaves its very heart broken. But the better part is to know that I have had the experience to be apart of this family, and had obtained much experience and knowledge that the books cannot teach.
it is a fun and productive work environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Architectural DepartmentMay 4, 2014
same as the previous review. it is the same company but i had different job functions such as a secretary
Training and support
Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2012
Great place to expand your work skills such as writing and learning about new policies about schools and children with disabilites.
Productive Workplace
Teacher of English (Former Employee), KuwaitFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free food.
An enjoyable experience for 24 years full of good memories and great experiences. Coworkers are so good.
Productive and fun place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Good working environment, friendly co-workers.
Great working experience
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Hamilton, BermudaMay 21, 2013
same as Harrington Sound Pr. School.
learned new skills and fun loving environment.
productive
Teacher (Current Employee), jordan,irbidMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
its the government aductional company in jordan
your work as ateacher
Productive work place & have chess room
Computer & Network Administrator (Former Employee), amanNovember 8, 2012
Pros: yas
Cons: 40 hours aweek
Starts working day on Sunday morning eight o'clock, but for me, I show work seven o'clock every day, show by taking a cup of coffee and show rounds in the room, mainframe to check on all servers and security, protection and hardware information retrieval and spreaders Home For the intranet and external check on all coolers
And make sure all internal control cameras that it is working properly
This is within 15 minutes, then sit down to my computer and make sure all systems work perfectly. This need to 30 minutes, and then finished off a detailed technical report. And finished off daily work plan to the team that works with me, where we sit all together every day for 10 minutes to discuss the work plan and the distribution of tasks to everyone.
And then met with the Director-General and told him all the administrative and technical detail and action plan for the day .
Pleasure this work’s doing the supervising engineer on all the equipment in the central computer room and be an engineer supervisor of all the systems software on these systems. And other fun you administratively oversees a group of employees who are around you, and heading every one and at the same time be the person who has the responsibility and all the mistakes, if any, to the senior management.
Productive and you get a chance to go back to school and upgrade
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Montego Bay, St.James. JamaicaApril 8, 2013
Pros: various benefits such as health insurance
Cons: staying back if i have to go to school
A typical day at work

I arrive at 8 am and sign in the register. I greet my co-workers who I get along with. I start updating the Fees cash book then I file the supporting documents in the designated file.
It is break time at 10:30am and I assist at the cafeteria with the students on welfare who are suppose to get lunch.
It is time to go back to my office now because it is 11:30am and I must prepare the cheques for the principal and chairman to sign.
I take lunch now because it is 1:00pm. I rush to the bathroom to wash my hands and clean up my face because it is 2:00pm on the dot and I have to prepare some transcript today as I had searched for the files at the records room the day before.
I can vividly hear the phone ringing and I take a peek and it is the principal; she needs assistant with some documents to be photocopied. I have finished doing all of the above and I can hear the clock ticking, oh its time to prepare the petty cash for the messenger who must go in town to purchase items requested by the Agricultural department. Went to the photocopying room to copy some payment voucher for the office.
it is exactly 4:23pm and I am packing up the office to sign out at 4:30pm.

What I learned
1. To prepare cheques
2. How to deal with internal and external customers
3. To do filing
4. To prepare petty cash
5. To prepare payment vouchers
6. To calculate salaries

They are alright, I just try to do what they ask to be done on a timely manner. They are superior, hence, respect is due at all times.

Co - workers
I get along well with them because I consider myself a – more... people person.

The hardest part of the Job
The job is not hard only that sometimes overtime is needed to finish the job and I may have to go to school that evening and will have to stay back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know Management, co - workers and students. It gives a sense of belonging. – less