Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Training and support
Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2012
Great place to expand your work skills such as writing and learning about new policies about schools and children with disabilites.
exercise club
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Sainte-Catherine, QCAugust 24, 2012
Pros: social events
Cons: long hours
A typical day is always interesting with my students there is never a dull day, there is always fun and laughter especially during a lesson. working there I've gained lots of experience because of the variety of disabilities that I cater for. My co-workers are excellent persons to work with they are co-operative and very sociable. The hardest part of – more... the job is writing the lesson plans, because I want to ensure that it is effective enough to cater to my students. the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are having special events for example: sports day etc. – less
Teacher (Current Employee), GeorgetownDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 6 hours work
Cons: health benefits
This job can be considered as productive and rewarding at the end of the working day because students lives are transformed. It is also a very demanding job. My work days involve, marking students register, ensuring the classroom is organized and kept clean. Other duties include the teaching and learning in the classroom etc. There a certain thing that – more... I like about working with this institution for example, good health benefits and the working hours but the remuneration cannot compensate for such a demanding job. Teacher are quite often treated as second class citizens and are not duly rewarded and recognized for their dedication hard work.
I have learned to be a team player, listen, communicate effectively and most of all to adapt to the environment. Being a teacher classroom management is very important and management of time is key. Teachers must be able deliver content effectively within a specified time frame. Generally, I have a good working relationship with co- workers because I try to do my job professionally and not to deal with personalities. The hardest part of the job is preparing notes of lesson because it has to meet the learning abilities of the different students and sometimes I find this challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students say to me, I really enjoyed the lesson today and also mentoring students. – less
I like my job working on the National Literacy Team and i have gained a lot of experience.
Teacher/Reading Coach (Former Employee), KingstonDecember 17, 2014
Pros: yes i don't buy lunces at some of the school i am treated for the day.
Cons: there are no cons
A typical day at work is very productive in that your job description already stipulates what your core duties are so as a teacher/reading coach you plan your lessons/activities for each day therefore at the end of the day your goals/objectives for the day is 95% complete.

For the most part of my job I have learnt to be tolerant, patient and self controlled. – more... I have also learnt to work with people with different moods, attitudes and socio-economic backgrounds.

As a Teacher/reading coach the job requires that you work collaboratively with the principal/all stakeholders.

My co-workers are fun to work with they try to work hard at whatever task they are given.

The hardest part of the job is for some of the teachers you're supervising to comply and be consistent in writing their lesson plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day when the teachers, students and everyone as achieved. – less
very interactive and funny working with the kids
Relief School Teacher (Current Employee), Auckland regionDecember 9, 2014
As a reliever I enjoyed a lot working with the kids. When the management and the co workers are co-operating that day is very enjoyable. As I am working with different schools in Auckland region different experience with the teachers and the kids that I am working. It is a great experience.
teaching English as a foriegn language
Teacher of English (Current Employee), Taiz,YemenDecember 5, 2014
teaching English as a foreign language for students from the Arab world
motivation while almost routine place
Teacher (Current Employee), Amman - JordanDecember 3, 2014
Cons: much classes per week with many level that decrease my motivation
I am working as a teacher of geology now in public school I choose to make projects with student to change some of routine teaching and to grow up student mentality
the day work divided to lesson classes
lab classed and break time
the main subject I teach is geology and general science
the management in my school is almost good
I learned many skills – more... in work such as be more patient,caring individual differences, time management, preparing plans, feedback and evaluation.
science teachers are working as a team and meeting once a week for discussing in any new issues or asking in any subject related to science classes.
the hardest part is an evaluation of student work specially where you have more than 21 classes per week.
the most enjoyable part is in the end of semester and doing all evaluate and show the result of students. – less
Teacher (Former Employee), HarareNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Management in teaching is when a teacher organizes and coordinates activities of the class or school in order to achieve defined objectives.Therefore, proper management enables the teacher and pupils achieve better results.

Managing a school can be difficult task. Children are really hard to organize and make them focus on their studies and choose – more... proper subjects areas. – less
Dynamic and emotionally engaging career
Teacher (Former Employee), Jurong EastNovember 23, 2014
Pros: dynamic and nurturing environment, exposure to different aspects of education and project planning
Cons: long hours
A very energetic position that demands commitment and dedication. You will learn to multi-task and communicate with people from all levels; students, colleagues, management, parents, VIPs. The greatest challenge is to balance expectations of stakeholders and operational feasibility of missions and objectives.
You will enjoy the interaction with students – more... and fellow colleagues. – less
Too fast pace and too heavy workload
Executive Assistant (MSO) (Current Employee), West SingaporeNovember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible lunch hours
Cons: too much logistic and admin duties to be taken care of
A typical day at work - very busy
what I have learned - a lot from colleagues and bosses
management - ok
co-worker - ok
the most enjoyable part of the job - ok
Good working environment
English Teacher (Current Employee), Manica, MozambiqueNovember 17, 2014
I learned that I should be humble and always be prepared to listen
PRODECTIVE AND BEST JOB WITH MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
KINDERGARDEN (Former Employee), Johor Bahru, M01November 17, 2014
EVERY DAY I MUST GO TO SCHOOL 6.45 BECAUSE TO PREPARE BREAKFAST FOR MY STUDENT. AFTER THAT, I DO MY WORK SUCH AS CLEAN THE KITTCHEN. AT THE SAME TIME I MUST PREPARE LUNCH. THIS JOB MAKE ME TO BE STRONG BECAUSE MY STUDENT IS 5 AND 6 YEARS OLD.
enthusiastic and hard working
English teacher (Current Employee), Ministry of Education ,Sultanate of Oman.November 15, 2014
Pros: free transportation
I am a Tunisian English Language Teacher:
TEFL & TESL, with a BA-degree from the University of Bourguiba School, Tunis, Tunisia, 1994
TEFL-Certificate from Surrey Language Centre, England, 1993.
I have had very interesting and rich experiences in teaching English as a second and foreign language for young learners, teenagers and adults in preparatory – more... and secondary public schools in Tunisia and Oman since 1994.Thus, I have almost 19 years of successful EFL & ESL teaching-experiences – less
responsible teachers and smart leaners
Teacher (Former Employee), TsesNovember 12, 2014
Pros: team work among the teachers.
Cons: behaviours of the learners
the community experience was quite good, they have a well balanced period. the principal is always making sure that the learners are in their class during school hours and after school the fellow teachers are always making sure that learners are coming to study for study time. It was quite good experience due to that I have also learned a lot, how to – more... deal with people by managing, controlling and supervising them. And by handling their behaviors depending on their background. – less
Productive and Work fun environment with great colleagues
Art Teacher (Former Employee), SingaporeNovember 12, 2014
Pros: satisfaction
Cons: demanding
I am an Art teacher. A typical day would involves teaching the students between age 13 to 17 years old, planning lesson plans and meetings, working as a team to provide the best for the Art Department and the students. I am also responsible in school events and the school Branding Team, which involves the publication of the school's Image and decorations – more... around the school. Every part of my job is challenging and at the same time, gives me lots of satisfaction when tasks are accomplished. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with my students and seeing them learn and grow academically as well as in character building. – less
Learning worforce and interesting
Clerical Officer (Current Employee), NausoriNovember 5, 2014
The thing that I learned is that I was able to be engaged into a new environment outside my area of profession which is not I expected but it has allow me to better my skills in communication, dealing with the customers, meeting the very needs of our fellow co-workers, up skilled my professions through the availability of resources.
The management is – more... beyond my imaginations as it looks at the individual self esteems. It has understood me if any thing I have done that is not up to par with the way I am handling the work ethics. They are very generous and allows us to be proactive in everything we do.
My co-workers are very friendly, easy to get along with, etc.
The most enjoyable part of it is that it has allow me to develop more flexible and accept what is their, and also improve my skills especially on the microsoft office. – less
Creative, fun and fascinating workplace
School Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Sh. AtollNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free food, accommodation and transport
Cons: moderate working hrs.
It's a great achievement to be the part of the educational system of a nation. It helped me to improve the level of integrity since always had thoughts of new generation integration.
Productive workplace
Art Teacher (Former Employee), National Institute of EducationOctober 30, 2014
Pros: a lot of benefits such as medical and bonus.
Cons: long hours
The people you work with was the most enjoyable part of the job but not the job.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior accounts assistant (Former Employee), Francistown, BotswanaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: convenient working hours
Cons: temporary employees did not benefit anything
I enjoy my day at work because my co-workers are so supportive,the job I did was fun and a bit challenging.I learned a lot,like team work,analytic skills.
The management where strict but understanding.
I really enjoyed my job because it was demanding and challenging,I love challenging things,it keeps the mind activated.
productive and fun workplace
Data Input Clerk (Former Employee), Wellington, NZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free access to tea, coffee, bread
friendly co workers and management staff
location was very handy for me as i was living just 10 mins walk away