Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long term relieving teaching has enabled to be a confident, adaptable and flexable professional in the workplace.
Relieving Teacher (Current Employee), Flaxmere, NAugust 27, 2014
I am always prepared and ready at the beginning of each day when called upon to teacher relieve at all schools. My adaptability provides me with the necessary requirements, such as being familiar with school routines and experience and knowledge of curriculum areas that may be taught. Always having my own resources in case they are needed assistes with – more... classroom mangement.

I am confident to ask if I am not sure of particular things onsite. This has been rewarding for me because I am able to meet with and work along side with teachers for the first time.

My greatest challenge as a relieving teacher is changing from Junior-Middle School to Senior School. This would be because I have relieved more in Junior & Middle School area.

The most enjoyable part of my position has been to see the delight and excitement in the faces of the children I have taught because they have had a great day learning and fun also. – less
productive
Teacher (Former Employee), MudziAugust 25, 2014
Pros: exciting
Cons: lack of motivation
Quite enjoyable
To be tolerant of individual differences
Co-workers were quite co-operating
Management was good and professional
out door game with the children in the classroom
teacher (Former Employee), georgetown guyanaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: nill
Cons: 2 short break and a lunch break
my typical day at work was amazing, i have learn how to deal with children, management level was the way how i manage a orderly classroom, well co-workers they were a few jealous one but other than that i didn't let that get to me, the hardest part of my job was when the children them finish their end of term test and i have to mark their exam papers – more... but i was a great felling to know while marking they have answer if not all most of the questions correctly, my most enjoyable part of my job was when i and the headteacher present the end of term result – less
Supportive Administrators.
Acting Head of Department (Current Employee), Nassau, BahamasAugust 20, 2014
Pleasant work environment. It s a rewarding experience to see the students mature into young men and women.
Fast paced with lots of communciation and publicity opportunities
Strategic Communications Consultant (Current Employee), Georgetown, GuyanaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: leading critical public relations intitatives
Cons: no job security and upward mobility
Working the Ministry of Education has been exciting and fun. Reporting directly to the Minister of Education kept the job fast paced and energetic. Numerous public relations opportunities exist within the Ministry as a result of its many divisions and subdivisions, and the vast area of responsibility for which the Ministry has.

However precisely because – more... I have been hired by the Minister and report to her directly, my job is more or less based on her term in political office. That does not auger well for job security.

Consequently, while I do love what I do and am making a valuable contribution to the mass audience the Ministry serves, I believe that I need to embark on a career defining path which I strongly believe the position Public Relations/Communication/Media Specialist for which I am applying can provide me with the professional scope I need and the opportunity to share my knowledge, skills and experiences. – less
Working at St. Georges All-Age is fun and challenging.
Principal, St Georges All-Age (Current Employee), Blackstonege, St. AnnAugust 11, 2014
Pros: student achievement
Cons: teacher support and coorperation
Working at St Georges all-age was challenging and fun. i am a teacher/principal. i teach grade 4. it is fulfilling to see a child improve in their academics. it is difficult however to manage a school and teach simultaneously. To manage instruction and the administrative aspect of the school in addition to being a regular teacher can be very challenging.

I – more... am satisfy however with my achievements at the institution.

A typical day at the institution starts with devotion, students lead to their classes. i supervise teachers to ensure that they are teaching according to the curriculum guide.we have a 15 minutes break and a 45 minutes break. – less
I felt valued and respected.
Special Education Advisor (Former Employee), New ZealandAugust 5, 2014
Each day was different and you never knew what issues were going to arise. I was able to work independently and prioritize my caseload based on the needs of the students.
fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Grange roadAugust 5, 2014
consolidate different department paper work, assist teacehrs with events
no salary increment since 6 years,
Accounting Teacher (Current Employee), MaldivesAugust 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no job satisfation
Nt Happy with salary what i am getting here,no good management
The work place
School Teacher (Current Employee), SuvaAugust 2, 2014
Cons: short breaks
each day has been a looking forward day whether i have some absenteeism or not. mostly reflecting and facilitating the future heads and leaders of the country. each day is always fun and challenging in a way of discipline matters due to zero tolerance on corporal punishments. however, students are always aware of that and they know wot to do and when – more... and where. i have learnt that being patient,confident,bold and steady overcomes and break barriers of discipline issues. however management still needs to improve on their role as to do their job well in order to have a clear and effective learning environment where students love to go to and learn. the co-workers were really collaborative and very helpful in a way that we share each others opinions about certain issues or matters arises in the working field. the hardest part of the job is having 6days of work and not 5 days,also the work load is in bulk that we have to do teaching the whole day,documentation after school therefore reached home around 6pm in the evening. however,the most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in a child's life,enabling the child who doesn't know how to read to read properly and know how to read,mostly helping and seeing your student become successful in life. – less
Intersting working and grooming students
Senior Teacher (Former Employee), HarareAugust 1, 2014
Marking and scheming, teaching Maths to students

Learned patience as I taught one class with slow learners among 4 other good classes
freedom of work
English teacher and academic supervisor.(IGCSE) (Former Employee), K.Dhiffushi, Republic of MaldivesJuly 30, 2014
Pros: excellent staff orientation, enhancement and systematic approach.
Cons: tough life stmosphere
once we are under government job which gives security and the atmosphere was excellent in the school.
Productive and fun working place with various wellness activities periodically.
Principal Personnel Officer (Current Employee), Ghanzi, BotswanaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: accomodation subsidy, pension fund, annual leave, and medical coverage.
Cons: long hours
A typical day at Ministry of Education is very busy with a lot of interaction with people of different backgrounds, level of education, and culture, as well as liaising with many other different departments within the Ministry due to bureaucratic management system.

I learned a lot within this Ministry, e.g. exercising patience when dealing with both – more... internal and external customers, working under pressure, and effective and efficient communication.

My co-workers include a good mix of adults and young adults, and this calls for a lot of personal adjustment to accommodate everyone on daily basis. The hardest part of the job is generally differences in our approach to accept change of our mindset. Young adults like me come with very high expectation to demonstrate knowledge of technology, global business change and zeal to turn things around, while the adult officers are home, relaxed and expect the young people to take it easy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is this cultural diversity and the ability of push through and meet the daily organizational objectives.
. – less
productive work place
senior teacher (Current Employee), chinhoyi, zimbabweJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, free lunch
Cons: short breaks and long working hours
i learned to be hard working, the management was tough and hard working and supportive, the co workers were also very supportive and pleasing to work with. The hardest part of the job was poor remuneration.
Teacher (Former Employee), CastriesJuly 22, 2014
Teaching IT to students
Troubleshooting user related issues
Designing and implementing projects
An experience which is tattooed in me. The best experience a man can get
Mathematics teacher (Former Employee), Anpka, Kogi stateJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free accommodation and food as well
Cons: health care, water supply
working with the ministry was one of the ways which made it possible for me to value the true meaning of life and its environment.
if you take a course down memory lane, you will get to realize that there is more to life than what you see at the moment.
Finishing up paper work
C.X.C Supervisor (Former Employee), Sangre GrandeJuly 21, 2014
Pros: we didnt have free lunches
Working for the Ministry of Education was very peaceful, I had a lot of paper work to do before sending in exams papers from students. I had to choose my own staff of invigilators and I had to do up pay sheet for salaries. It was peaceful and easy.
BEST JOB I'VE EVER BEEN IN
Teacher iii (Current Employee), Port-of-SpainJuly 18, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: timetables to complex
STARTING THE DAY ON TIME.
FOSTERING RESPONSIBLE MINDS.
MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE POSITIVE IN ALL DEALINGS.
MOSTLY COMMITTED TO THE TASK AT HAND.
DEALING WITH A BROKEN MIND THAT STARTED WITH A BROKEN HOME.
PARENTS SAYING HOW GOOD YOU'VE BEEN AS AN INFLUENCE ON THEIR SONS.
average workplace
Numeracy Specialist (Former Employee), JamaicaJuly 17, 2014
The days were always full of uncertainties. There were usually unrealistic demands. Coworkers were usually too busy to share best practices. it was always hard to meet targets without adequate resources
Its very challenging and fun
Teacher (Former Employee), SuvaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: having fun
Cons: long hours
It was enjoyable but the most hard part of a day is to prepare a suitable work to suit all the capabilities of my students.