Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Nice place to work with lots of new challenges
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Secondary SchoolMarch 30, 2014
My experience at the Ministry of Education was filled with new challenges everyday.
I reported directly to the Principal who was the Accounting Officer, and we managed expenses and requests made by teachers and members of staff within the funds allocated for us by the Budget Division.
Pros
interaction with teachers
Cons
Productive work place & have chess room
Computer & Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  amanNovember 8, 2012
Starts working day on Sunday morning eight o'clock, but for me, I show work seven o'clock every day, show by taking a cup of coffee and show rounds in the room, mainframe to check on all servers and security, protection and hardware information retrieval and spreaders Home For the intranet and external check on all coolers
And make sure all internal control cameras that it is working properly
This is within 15 minutes, then sit down to my computer and make sure all systems work perfectly. This need to 30 minutes, and then finished off a detailed technical report. And finished off daily work plan to the team that works with me, where we sit all together every day for 10 minutes to discuss the work plan and the distribution of tasks to everyone.
And then met with the Director-General and told him all the administrative and technical detail and action plan for the day .
Pleasure this work’s doing the supervising engineer on all the equipment in the central computer room and be an engineer supervisor of all the systems software on these systems. And other fun you administratively oversees a group of employees who are around you, and heading every one and at the same time be the person who has the responsibility and all the mistakes, if any, to the senior management.
Pros
yas
Cons
40 hours aweek
productive 5 years
Level-3 Project Manager (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON, CanadaFebruary 24, 2015
Delivered 5 projects successfully in bureaucratic environment in last 5 years.
Biggest challenge is scope management.
Productive and you get a chance to go back to school and upgrade
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montego Bay, St.James. JamaicaApril 8, 2013
A typical day at work

I arrive at 8 am and sign in the register. I greet my co-workers who I get along with. I start updating the Fees cash book then I file the supporting documents in the designated file.
It is break time at 10:30am and I assist at the cafeteria with the students on welfare who are suppose to get lunch.
It is time to go back to my office now because it is 11:30am and I must prepare the cheques for the principal and chairman to sign.
I take lunch now because it is 1:00pm. I rush to the bathroom to wash my hands and clean up my face because it is 2:00pm on the dot and I have to prepare some transcript today as I had searched for the files at the records room the day before.
I can vividly hear the phone ringing and I take a peek and it is the principal; she needs assistant with some documents to be photocopied. I have finished doing all of the above and I can hear the clock ticking, oh its time to prepare the petty cash for the messenger who must go in town to purchase items requested by the Agricultural department. Went to the photocopying room to copy some payment voucher for the office.
it is exactly 4:23pm and I am packing up the office to sign out at 4:30pm.

What I learned
1. To prepare cheques
2. How to deal with internal and external customers
3. To do filing
4. To prepare petty cash
5. To prepare payment vouchers
6. To calculate salaries

They are alright, I just try to do what they ask to be done on a timely manner. They are superior, hence, respect is due at all times.

Co - workers
I get along well with them because I consider myself a
  more... people person.

The hardest part of the Job
The job is not hard only that sometimes overtime is needed to finish the job and I may have to go to school that evening and will have to stay back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know Management, co - workers and students. It gives a sense of belonging.
Pros
various benefits such as health insurance
Cons
staying back if i have to go to school
Good work place
Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2013
Created and configured space, language, skin, logo, page style, content presenter, login, security, resource, page template, header, footer, navigation, page in Oracle WebCenter 11g.
Edited Ontario Government Ministry of Education Oracle WebCenter space "login page", "welcome page", "self-registration page", "search result page", etc.
Used Oracle ADF Faces Core Tag Library, HTML Tag Library and Enhanced Tag Library to edit “top navigation” page template jspx file in page templates of Oracle WebCenter 11g.
Developed page template, ADF projects in JDeveloper Studio 11.1.1.6.0. Did version control with subversion. Uploaded and configured various content files in Oracle WebCenter space 11g.
productive
Teacher (Current Employee) –  jordan,irbidMarch 1, 2014
its the government aductional company in jordan
your work as ateacher
Pros
free lunches
A Pleasant environment
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2015
* Manager and staff members are cordial - every body participate well at the team meetings.

* The work performed was enjoyable as new and challenging task were delegated to me to undertake - performed successfully.
Taught responsibility
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St Ann JamaicaNovember 5, 2012
I was taught how to be responsible and how to interact with persons in a professional manner.

This was my first summer job as such i consider it to be the training ground for me. My managers ensured that i was guided initially before being left on my own to carry out my duties. My coworkers were very supportive and the most enjoyable part of the day was how i felt after completing a given task, that is normally in the evening
Pros
work experience
Cons
n/a
Ministry of Education
Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 8, 2014
This was a summer position which developed my independence. I travelled through the province evaluating student summer jobs. It introduced me to the world of education. It also honed by skills at providing suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
Fun work place with helpful team
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2014
Love this work place and there are lot of fun with team members. The job required strong skills in software quality, standards, documentations and process. Every day I learned in this job.
Pros
lunch every week
Cons
short contract
Gained experience in training staff on Quality Centre and Test Frame Work
Senior QA Analyst (Automation) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, CanadaFebruary 17, 2013
• Prepared Automation Framework on Quality Centre.
• Developed Regression suites using Quick Test Pro.
• Conducted Training Sessions for defect tracking on Quality Centre for regular employees.
it is a fun and productive work environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Architectural DepartmentMay 4, 2014
same as the previous review. it is the same company but i had different job functions such as a secretary
excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee) –  West, ONMarch 16, 2014
Acting as the principal art teacher for an entire country, writing the curriculum, mounting exhibitions, interacting with other agencies was lots of fun
Training and support
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2012
Great place to expand your work skills such as writing and learning about new policies about schools and children with disabilites.
Productive Workplace
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 19, 2013
An enjoyable experience for 24 years full of good memories and great experiences. Coworkers are so good.
Pros
free food.
Great place to work.
Summer Intern, Capital Programs Branch (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2013
I was self-motivated to perform to the best of my abilities. I felt a great level of acceptance from my co-works.
Pros
flexible schedule
Productive and fun place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Good working environment, friendly co-workers.
Great working experience
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BermudaMay 21, 2013
same as Harrington Sound Pr. School.
learned new skills and fun loving environment.