Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Well organized
Financial Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  900 Bay Street,Toronto, Ontario, L3R 7G631 August 2016
In the morning, my first priority were to check for messages from my email and voice mail. Then I would sort out issues to it level of importance, for example, urgent responses would include director and manager and then follow by needs attentions external inquiries and finally tasks that should be done by end of day.
Too time consuming.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2016
Very happy and excited children, filled with energy and eager to learn new things. Children will be ready and motivated to learn if they have enthusiastic instructors. Very encouraging Principal and helpful colleagues. The hardest part is when the Principal over- burdens with too many tasks to be done at once. The best part is to see the joy on the faces of children and parents when the children have increased their confidences as a result of accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not working on weekends
Too much sabotage
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Teacher's Salaries5 July 2016
It is not a place where you can grow, you will always be at the same place until the head of the division decides to let you progress.
Pros
Health card benefit
Cons
too litle pay for too much work
nice environment
QA Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 June 2016
its nice working there, co workers are friendly an management is cooperative.i have learned lot of new technology's from this company.
Satisfaction Working with Parents
Parent Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston22 June 2016
I enjoy working with the parents and the general school population in the five assigned schools that I manage. . For a typical day at work I would meet with parents for a parent education workshop which is sometimes facilitated by an invited guest presenter. Otherwise, presentations are done by me. An example of a topic addressed is Positive Parent Child Relationship. The package includes ice breaker, power point presentation, question and review as well as culminating activity. Majority of my coworkers are highly supportive, and as a result, we meet monthly to share challenges being experienced and strategise to improve the programme. Recommendations for new result-oriented strategies are also shared and implemented. Notwithstanding, the hardest part of the job is to get more fathers to attend the sessions/activities. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction obtained by helping to equip parents to become more effective in their roles.Working with these customers has taught me that each parent has different needs and expectations and as a result must be catered to differently if one is to be effective.
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Lack of financial support to boost the programme
na
Chemical Laboratory analyst (Former Employee) –  kuwait22 June 2016
• Proven leader with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Works well within high-pressure environments
• Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently.
A great place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Curepipi6 April 2016
I have applied Managerial and Marketing skills in my daily work.My work involved a lot of customer service and I was committed to my job.I tried however to participate in all extra curricular , social activities related to my position.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Lack of prospects
Overall for those finishing university
Language & Culture Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 March 2016
Working at the Spanish Ministry of Education as an "Auxiliar" was a great experience. In Madrid, you work about 16hrs per week and start to make a good connection with other co-workers and other auxiliares. Unfortunately there isn't much challenge once you get used to your routine and some teachers do not know how to use auxiliares in their classrooms.
Pros
Fun Job, kids are usually great, learn another language
Cons
Too easy, no performance reviews, difficulties communicating with head office
Productive and Experience Yielding
Relief Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gokwe22 January 2016
Days at work were characterised with teaching and managing children. The teaching experience demanded high levels of keeping up with current affairs and researching. Above all this experience brought many leadership skills out of me especially communication and dealing with people.
Pros
Travel and Subsistence Incomes, Flexible Working Hours
Cons
No promotion opportunities
Diverse and rewarding work environment with opportunity for growth and learning.
Team Lead - Parent and Community Engagement Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2016
Each day brought new challenges where the importance of team work and team support was crucial for success. A healthy combination of dedication to the ministry's vision and goals along with a healthy workplace environment made working in this capacity a pleasure.
I have the highest regard for my job. i enjoy being a teacher because i believe i am doing something worthwhile to society and for my Country.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  ST. Elizabeth10 December 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when results are posted and you see the results of your students. When you see the ones and twos or the 100% pass marks.
Cons
7 hours per day
Productive and stable environment with a high sense of job security
Bursar /accountant (Former Employee) –  White Marl Primary and Junior High School21 October 2015
This is a ministry in the Government which provided a stable and friendly environment for all stakeholders. At the end of the day there is fulfillment due to the fact that one was able to touch the lives of children, parents and co-workers. my co-workers were very supportive and teamwork was evident among all. It was however hard at times to see that the students could not excel because of the lack of funding to implement the necessary activities to enhance the learning process. With the task of supervising the administrative and support staff came with fulfillment when the given functions is accomplished
Hard work and team player
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Spanish, ON9 August 2015
I take whatsoever job I am doing seriously. Each day at work I know I will expect something new because I am working with children. My typical day begins with devotion then the contact hours begins (teaching and leaning). One thing I have learnt when dealing with children is that you must be patient,lenient and at the same time be firm which sometimes is difficult to do but as a teacher you have master such ability.
My co-workers are the best people in the entire world. They can identify when something is wrong and are able to provide strong support. They are easy to get along with, kind, humorous but hard working. I think the most difficult part of the job is to get the children ready for learning and for them to work with each other. Yes, I know they are from different background and cultured differently so I have to be able to find strategies to improve cooperation.
The best part of the job is when the students are learning what you are teaching and to see them transfer what they have learnt in one subject area to another.
Productive environment which provides avenues for growth.
Resource Room Teacher (Current Employee) –  West, ON3 August 2015
Growth and developmental activities available. A warm and friendly environment was provided for staff interaction and constructive criticisms given for development. The board of management provided appraisals and feedback which enhances growth.
Pros
Seminars on professional development
Cons
shift system
A Pleasant environment
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2015
* Manager and staff members are cordial - every body participate well at the team meetings.

* The work performed was enjoyable as new and challenging task were delegated to me to undertake - performed successfully.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Records Officer (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, Manchester16 April 2015
My job is most enjoyable when a client comes to my office for assistance and I was able to help him/her and they left feeling satisfied. I love to be around my co-workers, they are nice to work with, and we share happy moments together. I love the team spirit.
Pros
long vacation
Cons
working overtime without a salary
Teaching in Jamaica
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingston14 April 2015
A typical day starts with me always being early to receive my students after which we always had devotion.
Lessons prepared has to be presented in a timely manner that allows students the opportunity to give their feedback then complete tasks on their own. There are so many things we can learn from students as each comes from a different home with different backgrounds, rules etc. And this helped me as a teacher with how I would deal with each child. I had a wonderful Principal and Grade Coordinator who were very helpful and understanding of the difficulties a teacher will face. The hardest part of the job came from parents who were not actively involved with their child's school life - too busy or illiterate themselves to assist with homework, not being present for Parent-Teacher conferences for e.g.. The most enjoyable is seeing a child learn and wanting to learn; a child who is willing to try until he/she got a question correct. I loved teaching.
Pros
Short shifts, children wanting to learn, parents who are involved, support from management
Cons
Unruly children and lack of support from parents, class size too big
productive 5 years
Level-3 Project Manager (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON, Canada24 February 2015
Delivered 5 projects successfully in bureaucratic environment in last 5 years.
Biggest challenge is scope management.
Ministry of Education
Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 December 2014
This was a summer position which developed my independence. I travelled through the province evaluating student summer jobs. It introduced me to the world of education. It also honed by skills at providing suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
Respectful environment with great people.
Auxiliary Correspondence Writer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 November 2014
As an introduction to government this has been a great position for me to learn the ropes. Process and protocol are extremely important, and everyone works together to ensure the write message is conveyed. The Ministry of Education is a comfortable environment to work in and I'm enjoying my time here, however, also looking to move into a more challenging role.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Slow pace, lots of red tape