Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Secondary School Teacher (Former Employee), BarbadosJuly 10, 2014
Pros: games evenings
Cons: lack of training
A good place to work however there was no programme to facilitate training and coaching for new teachers.
good worker,helping others
Teacher Secondary (Former Employee), TrinidadMay 7, 2014
Enjoy working with others
Easy going
organized
Goal oriented
Foccused
it is a fun and productive work environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Architectural DepartmentMay 4, 2014
same as the previous review. it is the same company but i had different job functions such as a secretary
Nice place to work with lots of new challenges
Clerical Officer (Former Employee), St. Joseph Secondary SchoolMarch 30, 2014
Pros: interaction with teachers
Cons: long hours
My experience at the Ministry of Education was filled with new challenges everyday.
I reported directly to the Principal who was the Accounting Officer, and we managed expenses and requests made by teachers and members of staff within the funds allocated for us by the Budget Division.
Productive and fun place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Good working environment, friendly co-workers.
excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee), West, ONMarch 16, 2014
Acting as the principal art teacher for an entire country, writing the curriculum, mounting exhibitions, interacting with other agencies was lots of fun
productive
Teacher (Current Employee), jordan,irbidMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
its the government aductional company in jordan
your work as ateacher
Teaching ICDL and IT.
Teacher / ICDL Training. (Current Employee), AmmanFebruary 12, 2014
Giving lectures in ICDL and IT
Love to talk about Market management and E-Business
Suitable working hours
Expert, Strategic Planning Department (Former Employee), Dubai,February 6, 2014
Ministry of Education is a government entity established on 1972 that manage and supervise the Education in 6 Educational zone in United Arab Emirates. The number of employees in the ministry is more that 18,000
Consultant, Strategic Planning support in developing, monitoring and reporting on the strategic and operational plans, implementing the risk – more... management policy, and developing and maintaining policies, procedures and processes. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
QUALITY ASSURRANCE AND STANDARDS OFFICER (Current Employee), NairobiNovember 29, 2013
Pros: free newspapers. internet
Cons: being asked to travel at short notice, pay is not comensurate with tasks performed
REPORT PROCESSING/REPORT WRITING
INVESTIGATING AND SOLVING PROBLEMS AT SCHOOL LEVEL
LEARNT NEW THINGS EVERYDAY,
GOOD RELATIONS WITH COOPERATIVE CO-WORKERS
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS THE INABILITY NOT TO ATTAIN MY OBJECTIVES AT THE END OF THE DAY DUE TO LACK OF RESOURCES

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL TO MANY PARTS OF THE COUNTRY – more... AND LEARN NEW THINGS EVERY DAY. – less
Teaching
Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee), HarareOctober 31, 2013
- normal teaching & planning up A Level
- small teaching environment but vibrant
- great social environment
Productivity comes from within, one must love what they do or what they are assisgned to do in order to be productive and become succesful.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), NassauJuly 2, 2013
Pros: i have recieved free lunches at teachers appreciation and report card day.
Cons: they are no long hours. my hours are from 8am to 4pm monday through friday.
At work is always great with the exception of being a little heated at times. This is currently changing because the government is now placing air conditions in the classroom. At this job I have learnt how to deal with diverse environments, write lesson plans, create classroom schemes and uphold excellent conversations. My principal, supervisors and – more... colleagues are extremely nice and helpful. They assist me with my duties and also with my college work. The hardest part of the job is summertime, some students are graduating, some are going on to another class and some teachers are being transferred. We are like a family, each time someone leaves its very heart broken. But the better part is to know that I have had the experience to be apart of this family, and had obtained much experience and knowledge that the books cannot teach. – less
Good work place
Software Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2013
Created and configured space, language, skin, logo, page style, content presenter, login, security, resource, page template, header, footer, navigation, page in Oracle WebCenter 11g.
Edited Ontario Government Ministry of Education Oracle WebCenter space "login page", "welcome page", "self-registration page", "search result page", etc.
Used Oracle ADF – more... Faces Core Tag Library, HTML Tag Library and Enhanced Tag Library to edit “top navigation” page template jspx file in page templates of Oracle WebCenter 11g.
Developed page template, ADF projects in JDeveloper Studio 11.1.1.6.0. Did version control with subversion. Uploaded and configured various content files in Oracle WebCenter space 11g. – less
work as a teacher for students in secondary school
teacher of Chemistry in Dubai (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 12, 2013
i work for five days per week ,i learnd in all these years ,love my job i like my students i feel comfort when my students learn more and more
sense of belonging to the school
educator (Former Employee), MauritiusJune 4, 2013
Pros: common lunch
Cons: a long day
recording attendance of students in the morning and afternoon. preparing lessons to teach. replacing colleagues who are absent from work. each child is different and has different needs. classroom and time management.team spirit and collaboration of other partners. handling teenagers at the age of 14 as far as discipline is concerned. learning from – more... students – less
Great working experience
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Hamilton, BermudaMay 21, 2013
same as Harrington Sound Pr. School.
learned new skills and fun loving environment.
Productive and you get a chance to go back to school and upgrade
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Montego Bay, St.James. JamaicaApril 8, 2013
Pros: various benefits such as health insurance
Cons: staying back if i have to go to school
A typical day at work

I arrive at 8 am and sign in the register. I greet my co-workers who I get along with. I start updating the Fees cash book then I file the supporting documents in the designated file.
It is break time at 10:30am and I assist at the cafeteria with the students on welfare who are suppose to get lunch.
It is time to go back to my – more... office now because it is 11:30am and I must prepare the cheques for the principal and chairman to sign.
I take lunch now because it is 1:00pm. I rush to the bathroom to wash my hands and clean up my face because it is 2:00pm on the dot and I have to prepare some transcript today as I had searched for the files at the records room the day before.
I can vividly hear the phone ringing and I take a peek and it is the principal; she needs assistant with some documents to be photocopied. I have finished doing all of the above and I can hear the clock ticking, oh its time to prepare the petty cash for the messenger who must go in town to purchase items requested by the Agricultural department. Went to the photocopying room to copy some payment voucher for the office.
it is exactly 4:23pm and I am packing up the office to sign out at 4:30pm.

What I learned
1. To prepare cheques
2. How to deal with internal and external customers
3. To do filing
4. To prepare petty cash
5. To prepare payment vouchers
6. To calculate salaries

They are alright, I just try to do what they ask to be done on a timely manner. They are superior, hence, respect is due at all times.

Co - workers
I get along well with them because I consider myself a people person.

The hardest part of the Job
The job is not hard only that sometimes overtime is needed to finish the job and I may have to go to school that evening and will have to stay back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know Management, co - workers and students. It gives a sense of belonging. – less
Great manager with wide range of opportunities
Data Entry (Former Employee), Kingston, JamaicaApril 6, 2013
Pros: end of year parties and five days work week. close all weekends and public holidays
Cons: uncertainity of work and the restrictions for growth and development
A typical day at work would start about 8:00am. This would commence with briefing from manager as to the days task. First return all pending inquiries by phone call. Check emails for priority mail and deal with incoming mail, and faxes. Followed by Approximately 3hours of data input for student profiles. 1 hour lunch break
Manage filing and correspondence.
Report – more... any case for escalation to Manager. Laise on with other departments. End time at 4:00pm
The most difficult part was the uncertainity of the job based on the economy and the drastic measures taken for government employees. – less
A work environment where respect to all levels of worker is practiced
School Guidance Counsellor (Former Employee), Alice Eldemire Drive, Montego Bay, JamaicaApril 4, 2013
A typical work day begins with devotion. There are often timetabled sessions which are interupted with emergency cases which takes priority. Being a middle manager, i work closely with the management team, resulting in efficiency, productivity and job satisfaction.

I work closely with my co-workers, evidently i cannot carry out the program on my own, – more... their support is paramount in the success of the guidance program. The hardest part of the job is planning a program so strategically and the students show little or no interest in the deliverly.

However the most rewarding part of my job is to have pass students reurn to the school and say how greatful they are now for the guidance and counsellling they had received. – less
A great Workplace
Lecturer/Tutor/Teacher (Former Employee), Singapore, S00March 3, 2013
Pros: good wages and other benefit packages for foreign staff
Cons: only short contract period available.
A good institution with generous benefit for employees. Worked as a lecturer and Tutor in Chemistry and General Science at the Senior High School level.

Also, responsible for overseeing students research projects as a Mentor and Research facilitator.

1 2 3 4 5