Ministry of Education Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall for those finishing university
Language & Culture Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 8, 2016
Working at the Spanish Ministry of Education as an "Auxiliar" was a great experience. In Madrid, you work about 16hrs per week and start to make a good connection with other co-workers and other auxiliares. Unfortunately there isn't much challenge once you get used to your routine and some teachers do not know how to use auxiliares in their classrooms.
Pros
Fun Job, kids are usually great, learn another language
Cons
Too easy, no performance reviews, difficulties communicating with head office
Productive and Experience Yielding
Relief Teacher (Former Employee) –  GokweJanuary 22, 2016
Days at work were characterised with teaching and managing children. The teaching experience demanded high levels of keeping up with current affairs and researching. Above all this experience brought many leadership skills out of me especially communication and dealing with people.
Pros
Travel and Subsistence Incomes, Flexible Working Hours
Cons
No promotion opportunities
Diverse and rewarding work environment with opportunity for growth and learning.
Team Lead - Parent and Community Engagement Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Each day brought new challenges where the importance of team work and team support was crucial for success. A healthy combination of dedication to the ministry's vision and goals along with a healthy workplace environment made working in this capacity a pleasure.
I have the highest regard for my job. i enjoy being a teacher because i believe i am doing something worthwhile to society and for my Country.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  ST. ElizabethDecember 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when results are posted and you see the results of your students. When you see the ones and twos or the 100% pass marks.
Cons
7 hours per day
Productive and stable environment with a high sense of job security
Bursar /accountant (Former Employee) –  White Marl Primary and Junior High SchoolOctober 21, 2015
This is a ministry in the Government which provided a stable and friendly environment for all stakeholders. At the end of the day there is fulfillment due to the fact that one was able to touch the lives of children, parents and co-workers. my co-workers were very supportive and teamwork was evident among all. It was however hard at times to see that the students could not excel because of the lack of funding to implement the necessary activities to enhance the learning process. With the task of supervising the administrative and support staff came with fulfillment when the given functions is accomplished
Hard work and team player
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Spanish, ONAugust 9, 2015
I take whatsoever job I am doing seriously. Each day at work I know I will expect something new because I am working with children. My typical day begins with devotion then the contact hours begins (teaching and leaning). One thing I have learnt when dealing with children is that you must be patient,lenient and at the same time be firm which sometimes is difficult to do but as a teacher you have master such ability.
My co-workers are the best people in the entire world. They can identify when something is wrong and are able to provide strong support. They are easy to get along with, kind, humorous but hard working. I think the most difficult part of the job is to get the children ready for learning and for them to work with each other. Yes, I know they are from different background and cultured differently so I have to be able to find strategies to improve cooperation.
The best part of the job is when the students are learning what you are teaching and to see them transfer what they have learnt in one subject area to another.
Productive environment which provides avenues for growth.
Resource Room Teacher (Current Employee) –  West, ONAugust 3, 2015
Growth and developmental activities available. A warm and friendly environment was provided for staff interaction and constructive criticisms given for development. The board of management provided appraisals and feedback which enhances growth.
Pros
Seminars on professional development
Cons
shift system
A Pleasant environment
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2015
* Manager and staff members are cordial - every body participate well at the team meetings.

* The work performed was enjoyable as new and challenging task were delegated to me to undertake - performed successfully.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Records Officer (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, ManchesterApril 16, 2015
My job is most enjoyable when a client comes to my office for assistance and I was able to help him/her and they left feeling satisfied. I love to be around my co-workers, they are nice to work with, and we share happy moments together. I love the team spirit.
Pros
long vacation
Cons
working overtime without a salary
Teaching in Jamaica
Teacher (Former Employee) –  KingstonApril 14, 2015
A typical day starts with me always being early to receive my students after which we always had devotion.
Lessons prepared has to be presented in a timely manner that allows students the opportunity to give their feedback then complete tasks on their own. There are so many things we can learn from students as each comes from a different home with different backgrounds, rules etc. And this helped me as a teacher with how I would deal with each child. I had a wonderful Principal and Grade Coordinator who were very helpful and understanding of the difficulties a teacher will face. The hardest part of the job came from parents who were not actively involved with their child's school life - too busy or illiterate themselves to assist with homework, not being present for Parent-Teacher conferences for e.g.. The most enjoyable is seeing a child learn and wanting to learn; a child who is willing to try until he/she got a question correct. I loved teaching.
Pros
Short shifts, children wanting to learn, parents who are involved, support from management
Cons
Unruly children and lack of support from parents, class size too big
productive 5 years
Level-3 Project Manager (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON, CanadaFebruary 24, 2015
Delivered 5 projects successfully in bureaucratic environment in last 5 years.
Biggest challenge is scope management.
Ministry of Education
Education Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 8, 2014
This was a summer position which developed my independence. I travelled through the province evaluating student summer jobs. It introduced me to the world of education. It also honed by skills at providing suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
Respectful environment with great people.
Auxiliary Correspondence Writer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 26, 2014
As an introduction to government this has been a great position for me to learn the ropes. Process and protocol are extremely important, and everyone works together to ensure the write message is conveyed. The Ministry of Education is a comfortable environment to work in and I'm enjoying my time here, however, also looking to move into a more challenging role.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
slow pace, lots of red tape
Fun work place with helpful team
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2014
Love this work place and there are lot of fun with team members. The job required strong skills in software quality, standards, documentations and process. Every day I learned in this job.
Pros
lunch every week
Cons
short contract
A productive and satisfying position
Class teacher for Nursery (Current Employee) –  vauxhall, BarbadosAugust 20, 2014
I would collect /receive the children on mornings. Conduct prayers and toileting. I teach all subjects on the curriculum to pupils from 3-4 years old as well as provide pastoral care and guidance. I assist pupils with snack and lunch duties and conduct supervision at lunch time. I carry out weekly planning and complete administrative documents such as the daily register and the scheme book and the daily plans. I create and administer worksheets which assist students in understanding concepts which are being taught. I hand children over to their parents at the end of the school day and tidy and set up the classroom so that I can achieve the best classroom management as well as a meaningful and productive learning experience for the children.
it is a fun and productive work environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Architectural DepartmentMay 4, 2014
same as the previous review. it is the same company but i had different job functions such as a secretary
Nice place to work with lots of new challenges
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Secondary SchoolMarch 30, 2014
My experience at the Ministry of Education was filled with new challenges everyday.
I reported directly to the Principal who was the Accounting Officer, and we managed expenses and requests made by teachers and members of staff within the funds allocated for us by the Budget Division.
Pros
interaction with teachers
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Good working environment, friendly co-workers.
excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee) –  West, ONMarch 16, 2014
Acting as the principal art teacher for an entire country, writing the curriculum, mounting exhibitions, interacting with other agencies was lots of fun
productive
Teacher (Current Employee) –  jordan,irbidMarch 1, 2014
its the government aductional company in jordan
your work as ateacher
Pros
free lunches