Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very fun work place. Great surroundings. awesome colleges
Special Agent for the Ministry of Education (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2017
I loved working with a great team of people around me. Always working together and learning how things work at the Ministry. I learned about how many English schools are in the Greater Montreal areas and how much the budgets were being cut.

My bosses were great to work with and gave me plenty of opportunities to advance.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. My contract was up as it was a Govt. job and no funds were left to keep me.

The best part of the job was feeling like my work made a difference each day. Without my research and input many English Schools would have gone without the necessary supplies and demand needed to stay openl

This was almost 25 to 30 yrs ago but I have never forgotten the great inspirations that led me on my way...bless them.
Cons
long bus rides and no parking with a car...lol
Teacher of Maths
Teacher of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Kuwait7 September 2017
I have worked as a teacher of Mathematics for middles phase from 6-9 grades. for learning disabilities students and normal also.

MOE @ Kuwait t's good Institute.
Quiet and nice people to work with.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 September 2017
Typical day at work was really quiet. People were just working on our own cubicle working with each computers. I learned to talk to people everyday and build my own confidence. The management was open for any suggestions in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when you have to sit all day and keep your self active to perform well everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got a good feedback about the job by my manager.
Pros
Good work experience in the government.
Cons
No over time.
Small shop with great people
Sector Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2017
Work on various software applications for use within the education sector. During my time here I learned mostly about Java and Ruby development. Very relaxed work environment.
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant, Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 August 2017
A typical day involved checking Director's calendar, preparing for meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, handling correspondence, processing Ministerial correspondence, checking and ordering supplies, answering telephone enquiries and directing to correct individual, opening/closing files and maintaining file system. I learned a lot about the BC K-12 educational system and the distance/on-line learning programs. The workplace culture was very good with an emphasis on work/home balance. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the people I worked with and assisting clients by answering their questions or directing them to appropriate person or department.
Pros
Good working environment with ability to advance
Cons
Tight deadlines at times
Productive and fun team events
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto On8 June 2017
Productive and fun team events.
Learning experience of new business and IT technologies .
Creating new relationship with people from different business areas /projects.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Fun workplace! Some days would be extremely busy and other days less busy but good workplace culture. I felt appreciated. Would recommend anyone to work here!
This was a wonderful 10 year experience.
Education Officer/District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I enjoyed the many challenges and opportunities for managing and mentoring staff. As well liaising with the MO and school boards was interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Exciting and interesting challenges.
Enjoyable, funny , brain storming
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Livingstone,1 March 2017
The company is very good since it owned by Government. Usually we work for eight hours per day . We usually observe holidays which are public. Since I am involved in school management the management team is the pillar of the school which works in consultation with the board of management .
The work place culture is very conducive the school is ran by the head teacher and the deputy head teacher , from there we have the head of department from each department. In our school we have seven heads of departments and I am one of them. Heads of departments have there own duties in running the school they make sure that everything in the department is working so smoothly. Apart from heads of departments we also have head of sections in each department head of sections work hand in hand with the head of departments. We also have class teachers. We have prefects unity and class monitors.
Pros
On Thursdays we have free lunch
Cons
Usually we don't have long hours
Doing legal work takes dedication and time
Data Entry Clerk/Exam Paper Processor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 January 2017
General Legal work as Paralegal was beneficial to me in many ways, I was able to correspond with persons and ensure that they get the service paid for
Pros
there were no pros
Cons
the hours was excellent
Standard workplace with minimal flexibility
Technical Lead/Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Projects were interesting and clients easy to work with.
Not too advanced on technology side and very restrictive in terms of work life balance.
The co-workers were nice at MOE.
Creative Environment
Trinidad and Tobago - Teacher III (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, Port of Spain2 January 2017
Overall a good experience. Good support system from other teachers, continuous training from the Ministry as well as school-based. More communication needed with administration.
The Education Officers are helpful and accomodating
Part- tutor (Current Employee) –  Georgetown,Demerara24 November 2016
The Ministry of Education supervises the delivery of Education in all the schools across Guyana.Their constant visits and supervision at the schools is enlightening.
Pros
The school breaks and seminars
Cons
The records is too tedious and repetitive
Environnement productif
instituteur d’école primaire langue arabe (Current Employee) –  Tunis, ON6 October 2016
Vraiment niveau d'étude en tunisie c'est très excellent
13 ans de travail une bonne expérience
Mais le salaire est faible par rapport au vie social de l'instituteur
Well organized
Financial Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  900 Bay Street,Toronto, Ontario, L3R 7G631 August 2016
In the morning, my first priority were to check for messages from my email and voice mail. Then I would sort out issues to it level of importance, for example, urgent responses would include director and manager and then follow by needs attentions external inquiries and finally tasks that should be done by end of day.
Too time consuming.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2016
Very happy and excited children, filled with energy and eager to learn new things. Children will be ready and motivated to learn if they have enthusiastic instructors. Very encouraging Principal and helpful colleagues. The hardest part is when the Principal over- burdens with too many tasks to be done at once. The best part is to see the joy on the faces of children and parents when the children have increased their confidences as a result of accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not working on weekends
Too much sabotage
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Teacher's Salaries5 July 2016
It is not a place where you can grow, you will always be at the same place until the head of the division decides to let you progress.
Pros
Health card benefit
Cons
too litle pay for too much work
nice environment
QA Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 June 2016
its nice working there, co workers are friendly an management is cooperative.i have learned lot of new technology's from this company.
Satisfaction Working with Parents
Parent Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston22 June 2016
I enjoy working with the parents and the general school population in the five assigned schools that I manage. . For a typical day at work I would meet with parents for a parent education workshop which is sometimes facilitated by an invited guest presenter. Otherwise, presentations are done by me. An example of a topic addressed is Positive Parent Child Relationship. The package includes ice breaker, power point presentation, question and review as well as culminating activity. Majority of my coworkers are highly supportive, and as a result, we meet monthly to share challenges being experienced and strategise to improve the programme. Recommendations for new result-oriented strategies are also shared and implemented. Notwithstanding, the hardest part of the job is to get more fathers to attend the sessions/activities. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction obtained by helping to equip parents to become more effective in their roles.Working with these customers has taught me that each parent has different needs and expectations and as a result must be catered to differently if one is to be effective.
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Lack of financial support to boost the programme
na
Chemical Laboratory analyst (Former Employee) –  kuwait22 June 2016
• Proven leader with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Works well within high-pressure environments
• Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently.