Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teaching in Jamaica
Teacher (Former Employee), KingstonApril 14, 2015
Pros: Short shifts, children wanting to learn, parents who are involved, support from management
Cons: Unruly children and lack of support from parents, class size too big
A typical day starts with me always being early to receive my students after which we always had devotion.
Lessons prepared has to be presented in a timely manner that allows students the opportunity to give their feedback then complete tasks on their own. There are so many things we can learn from students as each comes from a different home with different backgrounds, rules etc. And this helped me as a teacher with how I would deal with each child. I had a wonderful Principal and Grade Coordinator who were very helpful and understanding of the difficulties a teacher will face. The hardest part of the job came from parents who were not actively involved with their child's school life - too busy or illiterate themselves to assist with homework, not being present for Parent-Teacher conferences for e.g.. The most enjoyable is seeing a child learn and wanting to learn; a child who is willing to try until he/she got a question correct. I loved teaching.
great place
Architecture and QA Strategist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 30, 2015
employee friendly, great environment, great innovation, all in all a a very good company to work for. leaves you with the sense of satisfaction
productive 5 years
Level-3 Project Manager (Current Employee), toronto, ON, CanadaFebruary 24, 2015
Delivered 5 projects successfully in bureaucratic environment in last 5 years.
Biggest challenge is scope management.
Ministry of Education
Education Counselor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 8, 2014
This was a summer position which developed my independence. I travelled through the province evaluating student summer jobs. It introduced me to the world of education. It also honed by skills at providing suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
Respectful environment with great people.
Auxiliary Correspondence Writer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: slow pace, lots of red tape
As an introduction to government this has been a great position for me to learn the ropes. Process and protocol are extremely important, and everyone works together to ensure the write message is conveyed. The Ministry of Education is a comfortable environment to work in and I'm enjoying my time here, however, also looking to move into a more challenging role.
Fun work place with helpful team
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: lunch every week
Cons: short contract
Love this work place and there are lot of fun with team members. The job required strong skills in software quality, standards, documentations and process. Every day I learned in this job.
A productive and satisfying position
Class teacher for Nursery (Current Employee), vauxhall, BarbadosAugust 20, 2014
I would collect /receive the children on mornings. Conduct prayers and toileting. I teach all subjects on the curriculum to pupils from 3-4 years old as well as provide pastoral care and guidance. I assist pupils with snack and lunch duties and conduct supervision at lunch time. I carry out weekly planning and complete administrative documents such as the daily register and the scheme book and the daily plans. I create and administer worksheets which assist students in understanding concepts which are being taught. I hand children over to their parents at the end of the school day and tidy and set up the classroom so that I can achieve the best classroom management as well as a meaningful and productive learning experience for the children.
it is a fun and productive work environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Architectural DepartmentMay 4, 2014
same as the previous review. it is the same company but i had different job functions such as a secretary
Nice place to work with lots of new challenges
Clerical Officer (Former Employee), St. Joseph Secondary SchoolMarch 30, 2014
Pros: interaction with teachers
Cons: long hours
My experience at the Ministry of Education was filled with new challenges everyday.
I reported directly to the Principal who was the Accounting Officer, and we managed expenses and requests made by teachers and members of staff within the funds allocated for us by the Budget Division.
Productive and fun place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Good working environment, friendly co-workers.
excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee), West, ONMarch 16, 2014
Acting as the principal art teacher for an entire country, writing the curriculum, mounting exhibitions, interacting with other agencies was lots of fun
productive
Teacher (Current Employee), jordan,irbidMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
its the government aductional company in jordan
your work as ateacher
Productivity comes from within, one must love what they do or what they are assisgned to do in order to be productive and become succesful.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), NassauJuly 2, 2013
Pros: i have recieved free lunches at teachers appreciation and report card day.
Cons: they are no long hours. my hours are from 8am to 4pm monday through friday.
At work is always great with the exception of being a little heated at times. This is currently changing because the government is now placing air conditions in the classroom. At this job I have learnt how to deal with diverse environments, write lesson plans, create classroom schemes and uphold excellent conversations. My principal, supervisors and colleagues are extremely nice and helpful. They assist me with my duties and also with my college work. The hardest part of the job is summertime, some students are graduating, some are going on to another class and some teachers are being transferred. We are like a family, each time someone leaves its very heart broken. But the better part is to know that I have had the experience to be apart of this family, and had obtained much experience and knowledge that the books cannot teach.
Good work place
Software Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2013
Created and configured space, language, skin, logo, page style, content presenter, login, security, resource, page template, header, footer, navigation, page in Oracle WebCenter 11g.
Edited Ontario Government Ministry of Education Oracle WebCenter space "login page", "welcome page", "self-registration page", "search result page", etc.
Used Oracle ADF Faces Core Tag Library, HTML Tag Library and Enhanced Tag Library to edit “top navigation” page template jspx file in page templates of Oracle WebCenter 11g.
Developed page template, ADF projects in JDeveloper Studio 11.1.1.6.0. Did version control with subversion. Uploaded and configured various content files in Oracle WebCenter space 11g.
Great working experience
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Hamilton, BermudaMay 21, 2013
same as Harrington Sound Pr. School.
learned new skills and fun loving environment.
Productive and you get a chance to go back to school and upgrade
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Montego Bay, St.James. JamaicaApril 8, 2013
Pros: various benefits such as health insurance
Cons: staying back if i have to go to school
A typical day at work

I arrive at 8 am and sign in the register. I greet my co-workers who I get along with. I start updating the Fees cash book then I file the supporting documents in the designated file.
It is break time at 10:30am and I assist at the cafeteria with the students on welfare who are suppose to get lunch.
It is time to go back to my office now because it is 11:30am and I must prepare the cheques for the principal and chairman to sign.
I take lunch now because it is 1:00pm. I rush to the bathroom to wash my hands and clean up my face because it is 2:00pm on the dot and I have to prepare some transcript today as I had searched for the files at the records room the day before.
I can vividly hear the phone ringing and I take a peek and it is the principal; she needs assistant with some documents to be photocopied. I have finished doing all of the above and I can hear the clock ticking, oh its time to prepare the petty cash for the messenger who must go in town to purchase items requested by the Agricultural department. Went to the photocopying room to copy some payment voucher for the office.
it is exactly 4:23pm and I am packing up the office to sign out at 4:30pm.

What I learned
1. To prepare cheques
2. How to deal with internal and external customers
3. To do filing
4. To prepare petty cash
5. To prepare payment vouchers
6. To calculate salaries

They are alright, I just try to do what they ask to be done on a timely manner. They are superior, hence, respect is due at all times.

Co - workers
I get along well with them because I consider myself a people person.

The hardest part of the Job
The job is not hard only that sometimes overtime is needed to finish the job and I may have to go to school that evening and will have to stay back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know Management, co - workers and students. It gives a sense of belonging.
A work environment where respect to all levels of worker is practiced
School Guidance Counsellor (Former Employee), Alice Eldemire Drive, Montego Bay, JamaicaApril 4, 2013
A typical work day begins with devotion. There are often timetabled sessions which are interupted with emergency cases which takes priority. Being a middle manager, i work closely with the management team, resulting in efficiency, productivity and job satisfaction.

I work closely with my co-workers, evidently i cannot carry out the program on my own, their support is paramount in the success of the guidance program. The hardest part of the job is planning a program so strategically and the students show little or no interest in the deliverly.

However the most rewarding part of my job is to have pass students reurn to the school and say how greatful they are now for the guidance and counsellling they had received.
Great place to work.
Summer Intern, Capital Programs Branch (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
I was self-motivated to perform to the best of my abilities. I felt a great level of acceptance from my co-works.
Productive Workplace
Teacher of English (Former Employee), KuwaitFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free food.
An enjoyable experience for 24 years full of good memories and great experiences. Coworkers are so good.
Gained experience in training staff on Quality Centre and Test Frame Work
Senior QA Analyst (Automation) (Former Employee), Toronto, Ontario, CanadaFebruary 17, 2013
• Prepared Automation Framework on Quality Centre.
• Developed Regression suites using Quick Test Pro.
• Conducted Training Sessions for defect tracking on Quality Centre for regular employees.

Ministry of Education Photos