Ministry of Community and Social Services Employee Reviews

busy,busy,busy place lots of teamwork
London Ontario Income Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2017
I enjoyed meeting and working with the people there and have kept in touch with a few of them.
I appreciate the work they do, as it can be very stressful at times and caseloads are heavy.
I really appreciate how hard they work and know that they have procedures and guidelines that they have to follow.
Pros
teamwork everyday
Cons
stressful and heavy work loads
Enjoyed working with everyone
ODSP Program Support Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON16 February 2017
Really nice place to work.
Everyone was friendly to work.
Management was nice and accommodating.
Learn to work under pressure.
Relaxed workplace
Financial Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Great place to start off a career. I was only an office assistant so my work was administrative in nature. The work was not very inspiring but the atmosphere was open. There is a culture of collaboration within the office. I would have liked more organization in the projects I was given.
Pros
Jovial work environment
Cons
work is uninspiring, projects unorganized
Contractor
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
Since the project was outsourced to a team of professional consultants, the management style is difference than internal projects. Contractors usually have more freedom of how to complete their assignments, provided it is not out of scope and project limitations.
Pros
Flexible hours and allowance of working from home
Cons
Outdated machines and environment
Great oppurtunity
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
Team environment. Amazing leadership. Dealing with people that have negative and positive situations. I wish it was more face to face but overall great experience and had an amazing Team Lead
Pros
team lead was a great leader
Cons
call service
Very friendly people!
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2015
I only worked there for the month of August but everyone was very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. The most enjoyable part was that some of my friends were working in the same building as me so it we met up once in a while.
Pros
Some times got to go home early
Cons
Didn't find any cons
great place to work
System Testing Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2015
nice testing team and really great manager
Perfect place to work and have fun together
5700 yonge st location is best to work
Excellent
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  North York, Ontario26 August 2015
Nice to work here. It is a friendly environment. Lots of fun. Advance IT systems. Friendly boss. Near by subway. Good managment
No appreciation, unfair promotions.
Adjudication Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 June 2015
My typical work day is filing and assigning files to the Adjudicators. I have not been able to learn very much as I have been ignored when I have asked to job shadow. My co-workers are polite but 80% of them are also unhappy in the last month 3 people have left our office. The hardest part of the job is filing. I have less than a foot of space to move around in for about 75-80% of my day and I have had files fall on my head or I have hit the edges of some which have hurt me. I do not enjoy much of my job here.
A good working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 April 2015
* Good place to work
* Top management involvement in quarterly review
* Excellent customer service to internal and external customer
* Enjoyed working with staff from central reporting center.

Want to know more about Ministry of Community and Social Services?

Ask a question
Stress Free Enviornment
Enforcement Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Downsview, ON13 March 2015
Typical day I would log in and service clients to the best of my ability. If I cannot have the option to transfer the client to the next person to assist.

I am still learning at this position. You are constantaly learning.

I am still getting to know the management staff

My co-workers are a great team of people and enjoy working with them daily

No hard part to the job as yet

Working with my team is the most enjoyable part of the job
Highly Professional
Friendly Staff
Supportive Seniors
Timely staff meetings
Professionalism at best
Decent place with friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2015
Not a bad place to work full time but not the most exciting in terms of intellectual stimulation if you're a summer student. General tasks are moving boxes, file termination and filing every day. Co-workers are friendly and nice, and the management is not bad.
Pros
Nice office, nice view and location
Cons
Not very exciting as a summer student
Worst job I have ever had
Enforcement Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1201 Wilson Ave Toronto On27 August 2014
Started there working through an agency. Training was sitting with some man who told be watch what I do and don't ask any questions.Typical day at working answering between 40 and 60 calls a day. Got a contract, then went into training. They were transfering to a new computer system. When new computer system went online lots of issue's.Got numerous emails a day with workarounds.
Asked a co-worker for help, this co-worker went to printer,person who was at printer said to this person don't help her she is through the agency. This person then walked by my desk and didn't help.
ESO will take 1 1/2 hour or longer for lunched. Some people take lunch then go back an hour later to watch there soaps.
I think could be worst job I ever had.
Pros
A Job
Cons
People can be extremely nasty
I thrived in this work environment as it allowed me to employ some of my best skills
Income Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 September 2013
A typical day at work involved me arriving early to review my emails from the previous day, to make coffee for the staff, renew my voice mail message to have the current day and availability posted, and to assure that I was ready for the interviews, or staff meetings in my schedule for that day.

Clients would come in for scheduled interviews or drop into the office. Phone calls would be answered in 3 rings or returned within 24 hours to assure prompt customer service.

My manager and I often discussed cases as to the best way to utilize the legislation and to maximize service to the client.

I learned how to priortize my time to best serve my clients and to get the work done effiiciently.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to give clients what they needed and know that was the best I could do.

The most rewarding part of the job was watching clients excel. I had one client who was encouraged and assisted to attend university and when he graduated he was asked to article for the Supreme Court of Canada.
Pros
Supportve staff, strong management
Cons
Constant changes in legislation as with each election it was possible to have a new employer
fun people hanging with
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2013
great fun lots laughing, Fiing all the document check number.

i enjoyably the most is student are really wonderful. and fun to be with.
Pros
feed lunch
Cons
long hour for lunch
Intelligent people with a focus on improving lives
Project and Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2012
I was really impressed by a lot of people and their willingness to take on challenges because it would result in improved client services. The best part was that it went unsaid that this was the goal but you immediately identified it by the way people reasoned out challenges.
placement
legal admin (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 September 2012
worked along side with probation officers, attended court, attend probation meetings, explained rules to minors, admin work
Pros
learned alot
Cons
short termed
Wonderful positive environment to work in - helped the public
Income Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 June 2012
I learned how to process manual cheques for clients and how to decipher incoming mail between two departments. Co-workers were very helpful, especially the Income Support Manager. I enjoyed serving the public and would love to return to a similar position with the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
Pros
engaging meetings with staff
Cons
temporary contract too short
Stable and well-run organization
Procurement Lead (Contract) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 March 2012
An organization of significant importance within the Ontario Public Service, the Ministry of Community and Social Services is responsible for the creation, implementation and modernization of social assistance and community service programs whose services are accessed by millions of Ontarians daily.
Pros
relaxed work environment.
Cons
roles not as defined as they should be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Community and Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ministry of Community and Social Services Reviews by Location