Ministry of Community and Social Services

• Salary/Benefits
A good working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 27, 2015
* Good place to work
* Top management involvement in quarterly review
* Excellent customer service to internal and external customer
* Enjoyed working with staff from central reporting center.
Stress Free Enviornment
Enforcement Services Representative (Current Employee), Downsview, ONMarch 13, 2015
Typical day I would log in and service clients to the best of my ability. If I cannot have the option to transfer the client to the next person to assist.

I am still learning at this position. You are – more... constantaly learning.

I am still getting to know the management staff

My co-workers are a great team of people and enjoy working with them daily

No hard part to the job as yet

Working with my team is the most enjoyable part of the job – less
Highly Professional
Friendly Staff
Supportive Seniors
Timely staff meetings
Professionalism at best
Decent place with friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice office, nice view and location
Cons: not very exciting as a summer student
Not a bad place to work full time but not the most exciting in terms of intellectual stimulation if you're a summer student. General tasks are moving boxes, file termination and filing every day. Co-workers are friendly and nice, and the management is not bad.
Worst job I have ever had
Enforcement Service Representative (Former Employee), 1201 Wilson Ave Toronto OnAugust 27, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: people can be extremely nasty
Started there working through an agency. Training was sitting with some man who told be watch what I do and don't ask any questions.Typical day at working answering between 40 and 60 calls a day. Got a – more... contract, then went into training. They were transfering to a new computer system. When new computer system went online lots of issue's.Got numerous emails a day with workarounds.
Asked a co-worker for help, this co-worker went to printer,person who was at printer said to this person don't help her she is through the agency. This person then walked by my desk and didn't help.
ESO will take 1 1/2 hour or longer for lunched. Some people take lunch then go back an hour later to watch there soaps.
I think could be worst job I ever had. – less
I thrived in this work environment as it allowed me to employ some of my best skills
Income Support Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: supportve staff, strong management
Cons: constant changes in legislation as with each election it was possible to have a new employer
A typical day at work involved me arriving early to review my emails from the previous day, to make coffee for the staff, renew my voice mail message to have the current day and availability posted, and – more... to assure that I was ready for the interviews, or staff meetings in my schedule for that day.

Clients would come in for scheduled interviews or drop into the office. Phone calls would be answered in 3 rings or returned within 24 hours to assure prompt customer service.

My manager and I often discussed cases as to the best way to utilize the legislation and to maximize service to the client.

I learned how to priortize my time to best serve my clients and to get the work done effiiciently.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to give clients what they needed and know that was the best I could do.

The most rewarding part of the job was watching clients excel. I had one client who was encouraged and assisted to attend university and when he graduated he was asked to article for the Supreme Court of Canada. – less
fun people hanging with
File Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2013
Pros: feed lunch
Cons: long hour for lunch
great fun lots laughing, Fiing all the document check number.

i enjoyably the most is student are really wonderful. and fun to be with.
Intelligent people with a focus on improving lives
Project and Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 27, 2012
I was really impressed by a lot of people and their willingness to take on challenges because it would result in improved client services. The best part was that it went unsaid that this was the goal but you immediately identified it by the way people reasoned out challenges.
placement
legal admin (Former Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: learned alot
Cons: short termed
worked along side with probation officers, attended court, attend probation meetings, explained rules to minors, admin work
Wonderful positive environment to work in - helped the public
Income Support Clerk (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: engaging meetings with staff
Cons: temporary contract too short
I learned how to process manual cheques for clients and how to decipher incoming mail between two departments. Co-workers were very helpful, especially the Income Support Manager. I enjoyed serving the public and would love to return to a similar position with the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
Stable and well-run organization
Procurement Lead (Contract) (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 20, 2012
Pros: relaxed work environment.
Cons: roles not as defined as they should be.
An organization of significant importance within the Ontario Public Service, the Ministry of Community and Social Services is responsible for the creation, implementation and modernization of social assistance and community service programs whose services are accessed by millions of Ontarians daily.
Great Agency
Customer Support Specialist, ODSP (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie OntarioMarch 19, 2012
Very professional and appropriate. Great management team.

About Ministry of Community and Social Services

We are providing funding to repair flaws in the funding formula that create barriers for students. We are creating effective vehicles – Read more