MindGeek Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2017
A fast paced environment where you have the opportunity to learn so much and gain experience. The ability to learn how all departments contribute to the company's success. MindGeek offers many fun activities to get everyone together.
Pros
Free BreakFast, Gym allowance
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work, free breakfast every morning and once a month lunch
Sr. Web Developer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
Overall a decent place to work as long as it's viewed as a stepping stone and not a career.
I overstayed my welcome I guess after 10+ years with them with a poor excuse as to why I no longer fit the bill.
Pros
Free Lunch, breakfast and great parties
Cons
Terrible management from the top down and absolutely no loyalty.
Productive fun work place
BILLING SUPPORT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 August 2017
I have worked at Mindgeek for quite some time, I have always enjoyed being apart of the team. Mindgeek offers flexible hours, good pay and great staff.
Big Company, Bigger Hearts
Affiliate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2017
After almost 7 years at Mindgeek, I have made friends that will stay with my my entire life. It's a community of like-minded, heard working people that encourages growth, both personal and professional. I have never had a job with more perks.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Fun Place to work at, but impossible to advance if you're not part of the family
Lead Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 May 2017
I worked for 3 years at Mindgeek. It's a great place to work for entry-level and get some experience.

However, it is impossible to advance in the company or change team if you're not brother of someone or cousin with someone.

They like to run the place with a lot of entry-level people that don't stay for long and they don't pay too much.

All the managers & directors positions are held by family & friends of the owners or other directors.

If you want a chill place to work at without too much stress, that's for you.
If you don't like nepotism, Avoid this place.
Not for ambitious , organised or serious persons
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montreal13 May 2017
Poor management and hr is a joke

No one has your interest at heart

No upward mobility

Managers dont care about employee or job satisfaction

The pay is incredibly low compared to industry standards for same job

Fun environment for non ambitious folks

Ambition is frowned upon

Lacks motivational package

You could learn a few things though
Pros
Free Breakfast, Awesome Parties
Cons
poor Management, low incentive to perform, ambition is frowned upon and no upward mobility
fun place to work - lacks ability to move up
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2017
mindgeek is a great place to work if you want to be relaxed and have fun. everyone is super nice. where they lack is moving up, it takes a really long time. salary is meh...you really have to ask for it in order for it to be given to you.. over all its a great place to start and gain experience, but dont expect to retire here.
Pros
free breakfast everyday, parties, random 5 a 7 and lunches
Cons
hard to move up, salary isnt amazing
Excellent working environment
Social Media Specialist & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
Mindgeek is a great place to work. The culture is one that allows you to contribute to your team, in new innovated ways, while having an infinite amount of resources at your disposal.
Pros
Free breakfast, flexible hours
Poorly managed business model with zero regard for product, or employee satisfaction
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
The initial company was built on a sound platform; product centric with an arsenal of competitive products working in unison to deliver new and exciting technologies. Today's MindGeek is far devoid from this, rather it is run by a roster of nepotist executives who rely too heavily on lower level, underpaid employees to make strategic decisions with very little praise and very little reassurance. Plagued by employee turn over, poorly managed business units (often a result of nepotism) and a loss of identity (no longer product centric), MindGeek is becoming its own worst enemy, and is beginning to succumb to the realization that money and greed over identity is not always the answer.

Has the potential to be great, but requires a great deal of attention from management.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Parking, nepotism, poor management, uncompetitive salary
My favourite job!
Billing Support Ageny (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
I am no less than impressed with this company. While results are expected (retention, adherence, attendance-- all more than reasonable things), the management and co-workers still maintain an easy going and cool vibe. Free breakfast is there and waiting when you arrive in the morning, and free coffee all day. There are great benefits and awesome perks (money savings at local restaurants and stores). I love going to work since working with MindGeek.
Pros
Free breakfast, free coffee, motivating employees, close to public transport.
Cons
Pay could be a little more (but its not bad)
Editor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2016
I have been working at MindGeek full-time (More than a year)
-Great people to work with
-Free Breakfast
-Flex Time
-Good benefits
-Excellent ambiance
Great Relationships
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 April 2016
The team in Customer Care is extremely helpful and want the best for the department. I have never been a part of the such a dedicated Call Center culture. They have so many resources from helpful management, and team leads, to HR and WFM. Everyone is great.
If you dont do your job or are constantly absent, then yes you will have notes on file but any company has the same expectations. Its a job and we have a role to fill. I am so fortunate to be a part of the MindGeek experience.
Dont read the negative comments here, those are disgruntled employees who dont know what the 'real world' is like in a professional environment.
Pros
Cons
Negativity from employees who dont get what they want
Great work environment
Assistant Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2016
During my time with MindGeek I have become proficient with various digital media products such as Adobe-Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. I understand the workflow of creating digital media and have been a part of creating many different types of trailers, promos, and advertisements. I have also been involved with producing independent short-films and documentaries. While at MindGeek I was also introduced and become familiar with services like Google Analytics.
Very laid back environment
Senior Media Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 March 2016
A good place to work. There are flexible hours,and management is very open minded. However there is a 3 month probation when you are promoted.So you don't get compensated for your work until 3 months in.
Decent Pay but management is behind the times
Sr. Community Moderator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2016
Though it may seem professional it is far from it. Management doesn't have your best interest in mind and HR barely represents you. The only thing that really was beneficial was the pay.
Awesome job
Photo Editor/Content Manger (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2016
Mindgeek would have to be one of the best jobs I have ever worked at and I was heart breaking to have to leave this company.
you most have a open mind to be able to work for this company
Pros
The Party's
Cons
Lots of Deadlines
None Ethical
customer service retention (Former Employee) –  7777 Blvd Décarie, Montreal, QC5 January 2016
They dont pay the Retention team well. all the big bosses that manages the departments are clowns. My reason that I lost my Job wasnt the one that was written... Also HR get invovled in a department that has nothing to do with the rest of the compnay, they will re-hire or hire out side the compnay to have everyone at minimum waige. If you go to billing support and do well they will find a way to get you a warning (deciplenary measure) so that your stuck there for 6 month and will carry that trough out every 6 months. Your on your own even the managers dont want to help I dont want anyone else to go though everything they promis and dont allow you to get out. Once sur in billing you will be stuck there.....

Billings is the worse job you can have there...
Pros
They have big benifits, you will make so little money you sont get to use them tough.
Cons
Retention, customer service. is worse then picking up garbage on the side of the street.
terrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES/RETENTION (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2015
terrible place to work , the place is by people who act like there in high school . Every time you turn your back somebody is talking bad about you and everybody backstabs everybody there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
Great work enviroment
Visual Mobile Designer - Liquidum Apps (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc13 October 2015
Great co-workers, young friendly environment,great benefits, can be difficult to grow, poor management. Lots of politics, however the people make it worth while
Pros
free breakfast and birthday lunch, great work activities, flex time, unlimited payed sick days
Cons
poor management
Fun coworkers, interesting technology, many learning opportunities
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2015
I can come in any time between 7:00am and 10:30 am.
We enjoy free breakfasts and coffee.
We can usually work at a comfortable pace.
We take part in our scrums then resume our duties for the day.
We are frequently introduced to new technologies.
There's a mandatory 1 hour lunch break.
Leave any time between 4:00pm and 6:30pm (or later if needed).

The skill of Management changes drastically between teams.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with inaccurate estimates for projects.

Overall a very good place as long as you don't get caught up in politics but compensation could be better.
Pros
Fun people, relaxed atmosphere, 35 hour work weeks, Free breakfast, Health benefits, Fitness budget, Discounts with nearby businesses, Flex hours, Cafeteria, Kitchens on each floor
Cons
Dramatic salary ranges between employees, frequent exposure to adult content, no RSVP benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MindGeek. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7