Mindful Scientific is a medical device company that has developed a diagnostic device focused on brain status, including concussion, brain injury and neurologic/neurodegenerative diseases. The technology, the Halifax Consciousness Scanner (HCS), utilizes innovative neurophysiological methods to accurately measure consciousness.
Mindful Scientific was founded in 2009 to develop the HCS and is initially focused on the concussion market. Markets segments for concussion are sports and healthcare and early opportunities are professional and amateur sports and hospital emergency departments.
The company is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia with marketing and business development offices in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are currently seeking a Research Co-ordinator/Assistant who will be responsible for assisting in all phases of scientific studies including planning, execution and data analysis. As such, the position is both administrative and scientific. The Research Co-ordinator /Assistant will be responsible for interfacing with research ethics boards, for co-ordinating the activities of team members and collaborators at different research sites, for recruiting and interfacing with research participants and for administering the required tests/scientific protocols to participants. Specific responsibilities include:
- Completing and updating scientific protocols for research ethics boards
- Interfacing with medical staff and sports teams to recruit participants for clinical research
- Scheduling appointments and answering research participants’ questions
- Organizing and maintaining regular scientific paperwork (e.g. consent forms, payment stubs, etc.)
- Training and supervising research assistants as required
- Collects EEG data from research participants and administers scientific protocols
- Performs data analysis using EEG software, as well as Excel and statistical packages
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience working in a research or clinical environment
- Comfort level interfacing with doctors, ethics boards and the public
- Experience dealing with clients or the public. Experience with research participants or clinical patients preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel and statistical software packages.
- Programming experience with software such as Matlab a definite asset.
- Experience using physiological measures such as EEG, EKG, EMG an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English language fluency
- Bachelors Degree in Science or Social Science, preferably in Psychology, Neuroscience or an area of Healthcare such as Nursing
- Ideally 2-3 years of relevant experience, but will consider recent graduates with an Honours thesis in human research.
Indeed - 4 months ago