MindField Group on behalf of our client, a leading North American gourmet supermarket, is looking for a Seafood Department Manager in Vancouver. This is a great opportunity for someone with previous supervisory experience in a grocery store and a passion for all things food!
SEAFOOD DEPARTMENT MANAGER
As the Seafood Department Manager you will work together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store are met or exceeded. You will also focus on providing excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality foods. You will ensure your department has a good product mix that meets varied customer needs and requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Handle and ensure follow-up on all customer questions and concerns.
- Ensure food quality, quantity, freshness and presentation meet all company standards.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, coach and evaluate new Team Members.
- Ensure a positive work environment that supports team morale.
- Ensure good department communication about events, news and goals.
- Ensure proper department stock rotation, labeling and storage, along with accepting and processing orders from receiving.
- Create a labour schedule that leverages productivity within the needs to the department.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage.
Safety and Sanitation
- Ensure proper safety and food safety training for all team members.
- Make sure safe working conditions and environments for team members, properly cleaning and maintenance schedules are being followed for equipment and department.
- Experience leading a team responsible for food production, merchandising and customer service
- Previous grocery department experiences in a supervisory role
- Seafood product knowledge, including preparation tips
- Ability to embrace change, trends, new ideas and solutions
- Have excellent communication skills
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Focused on supporting a community environment by collaborating with fellow team members
- Leadership skills to lead, train, develop, motivate and inspire team members
- Excellent product knowledge and merchandising skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekend and holidays
- Comfortable lifting upwards of 40 lbs
APPLY ONLINE TODAY @ http://hourlyjobspot.com/jobs/1442240-seafood-team-leader-vancouver
Indeed - 15 months ago