Minacs

Minacs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ive learned many things at any job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), OshawaFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: good boss, fun co workers. drama free
Cons: lazy people
Ive learned that at every job it is important to leave all your problems at the door and not to involve others in your work place with things that are not important. It is good to always enter work with a postive attitude which will help you enjoy and love your work place.
Absolute Nightmare
Email/Phone Support (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: none. even one star is too much for this waste of space
Cons: every single thing about this place is a con
WORST place I have ever worked at BY FAR. This place doesnt even pay for washroom breaks. It's ridiculous. I've already reported them to the labour board. They also make you work on your days off if you DARE call in because you're sick. Seriously the absolute worst place I have ever worked. I literally lasted 2 months and that's only because I was so – more... desperately trying to find another job to save me from that hellhole. Seriously, if you get called to work here, DO NOT GO IN. You will regret every second. – less
Excellent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), HamiltonFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: can't think of one
It was very good, but the account with Nissan closed and Minacs open a new site location in USA. The company is from there.
Very rewarding job.
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 25, 2013
The hardest part of the job was telling customers they did not qualify for a monetary award.
good for a call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 23, 2013
this place is one of the better call centers to work at in town
Fun atmosphere
Email Support Agent (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 20, 2013
Basically read and answered emails whole shift. You could wear headphones and snack while working.

A lot of room for advancement.

If you can't sit for long periods, doing repetitive tasks then job is not for you.
Takes what WAS a great paying job, strips it of value, and tricks naive students into doing it for peanuts
OnStar Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: evil, bribe you with cupcakes to make you forget how little you make, spiteful vengeful management, takes advantage of people who are desperate
An unethical company, through and through.

**DO NOT** **DO NOT sign up for their "training program" through Niagara College. Doing so makes you, legally, a student and exempts you from any rights you might have had under the Employment Standards Act. They can literally mistreat you however they want, fire you on a whim, and you have no legal basis – more... for complaint.

Working for Minacs, you are doing a gruelling call centre job that somebody else is making $30 per hour to do, because they work directly for the client. However, you work for third-party con-artists, so you only get paid $12 per hour for the same job.

The only way you can make decent money at Minacs is if you are willing to spend every waking moment in a call-centre. – less
Minacs Summary
Sprint Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2012
Assisted excellent services and explained the customer’s issues. Answered incoming calls for service requests in a timely, professional and courteous manner and ensured that customers were satisfied with their account.
was a good work enviornment but job wasnt for me .
on star advisor (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONNovember 15, 2012
Pros: lots of hours to be had
Cons: random hours, ex: start at 7 am next day 10 am
i apllied to this job from working at a casino working mid nights decided needed a chane wasnt sure what i was going into, ended up being a call center , i am a fast paced worker who loves to keep moving this job intaled sitting in a chair at a computer answering phones , job wasnt for me but was an excellent work enviornment .
a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), halifax, NSNovember 10, 2012
- Provided assistance with customers inquires into their financial
investments, accounts, etc.
- Facilitated training to other employees from with-in the company
- Gave support to other CSRs via the help desk
- Handled escalations
Minacs; A Day At Work
On-Star Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: free lunch; lots of overtime
Cons: not being able to talk with co-workers too often because always being so busy
everyday was the same,
found a seat and always did my best to make the client and customer happy.
i enjoyed my job most days, i always went in with a positive attitude to make the day a little better.
I enjoyed getting to speak to people from all around the world.
Interesting Place to work with fun loving people
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 18, 2012
While working with minacs I enjoyed the work and learn new Customer service skills.
loved my job there
Customer Assistance Center Agent (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Would still be working there if it wasnt for chrysler thinking that people new to much and were worried that minacs employees might take their job.
Customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: bonuses
Cons: out sourcing no job security
A typical day at work was to promote TD bank and to sell products while helping customer's in a professinal manner with any problems or questions they may have.
Productive and fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Working at Minacs we provided "White Glove Customer Service", I enjoy helping people with things that they may need, and have been providing excellent customer service for the last 5+ years. I thouroughly enjoyed working for Minacs, and their Client Onstar. I had to quit the job because I was moving.
Helped new and exsiting customers with payment as well as sueitable information to fit their individuals needs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 20, 2012
Pros: get to work with some great individuals.
Cons: small work office.
The job was ok considering the length of contracted employment.
Call center environment
Blue Button Welcome Call Advisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 16, 2012
- Decent pay
-Overtime always available
-Many chances to advance within
-Good people
-Somewhat unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: excellent ensentivives
Cons: lots of over time
company is very versatile, fun to work with co-workers, lot of growth and good benefits, work under a lot of pressure, customer was satisfied at the end of my call
MULTICUTURAL PLACE
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2012
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: long hours
MULTICULTURAL PLACE LEARN A LOT ABOUT DIFFERENT CULTURES AND ENJOY WORKING WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES HELP TO DEVELOP INTERPERSONAL & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
easy job, but insufficient pay for the pressure put on the employee.
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 11, 2012
Pros: there were no real pros to this job
Cons: constant shift changes, uncomfortable work environment. poor wage.
Typical day at work: Log into your machine, start taking calls to sell sell sell. Fear that you haven't sold enough.
I learned that I was really good at selling computers and peripherals.

The management left a lot to be desired. Most were to young to be in the position of determining someones job performance, they didn't have the experience themselves – more... to make an educated decision.

Co-workers here were typical of a call center environment, we worked / joked together at work, typically didn't mingle outside of it.

The hardest part of this job, was understanding and believing that I had the innate selling skills I needed.

There really wasn't anything enjoyable about this job., – less

About Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide offers BPO to big businesses. A provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services, the company – Read more