Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work in especially with emphasis on casual culture and at the same time firm processes
Inbound Technical Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Minacs has been a great learning experience. Made me focus on my soft skills especially when dealing with frustrated customers. An average day at Minacs is "something new everyday". No two customers are the same and it is always fun to resolve their issues over a phone call.
Our supervisors and team leaders makes sure that they hold their end of the bargain (in terms of giving us commissions , bonuses and appreciating us for achieving highest customer satisfaction surveys) if we hold our end, which at the end of the day is a win-win for both of us and obviously for the company as well. The greatest challenge I have faced while working here is to adjust myself to the sudden schedule changes. Although that is something to be expected of a call center but on a personal level I have felt that I have become very adaptable and I have learned to mold myself with the changing nature of the job.
good company
Computer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Recommended
Good company
Respect the Employee
I like it
all the jobs is good
i learned the communication skills to communicate with the customers
Productive Workplace with on site event celebrations
Inbound Technical Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 11, 2016
MINACS is one of the best work place environments. There are always some event celebration going on with free lunches and different dress themes going on all month. I enjoy working at MINACS alot. Very friendly environment and a very cooperative management team.
Unhappy place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJanuary 7, 2016
My review for Minacs, my current company, is that I'm very unhappy here. My current co-workers are as well. This company is very unorganized. My schedule has been disrupted and changed around before I've gotten to work when I last thought i was supposed to. was told guaranteed 30-40 hours per week. i have just worked 31 hours i the last to.. our incentive bonus that we earn monthly we were supposed to receive before Christmas, I am now getting on my current month pay.. Most representatives don't have a place to sit half the time because most of the computers don't work, even when you do have a computer that hardly works aswell.
Pros
gift cards if you make sales
Cons
short hours, unorganized
customer service
Email Support Technician/phone support (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONJanuary 5, 2016
fielding calls and handling customer concerns with gift cards,.charges etc..have thorough knowledge gift cards and I phones....management is supportive and helpful as are my coworkers....hardest part of the job is keeping cool when customers are swearing at you....the most enjoyable part of job is when a customer's problem is resolved to their satisfaction
Pros
very nice bosses and great work environment
Cons
too far away from home
good
Level one Chrysler Customer Assistant Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 4, 2016
good. you get paid minim to lie to people. 5 days a week ladies and gents. lots and lots and lots of lying. the hours were reliable. i really did feel bad for some of the customers/
Pros
i dont ever have to meet the customers.
Cons
lies
Call senter and customer service for Canada Post (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 28, 2015
Good as a call center and great people. I learned to manage my time and to hold my temper with Customers, and gained a thick skin from it.
DONT DO IT
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONDecember 28, 2015
Don't apply here they take everybody and when you show that you're there all the time and always ready to work on time they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show you they appreciate your time and commitment, don't ever think they'll change anything for you because they won't it's just an awful place to work.
Pros
The people
Cons
Everything else
large phone call volume of inbound calls make for great quick days.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBDecember 21, 2015
Always show up fifteen minutes early and log in to computer and all systems. Then depending on call type I would either help customers with customer services or help them join our team and apply for the right credit card that capital one had to offer.
wished i could have stayed if the circumstances were different.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 20, 2015
I worked there for 5 weeks in the chatham branch . The management was all over the place. When you had a question you were talked down to like you were stupid and like you should already know the answer to . You had to guess what to do . You had to spend almost an hour unpaid looking for a place to sit and if there wasnt any places then your pay was docked and you were advised you were not being efficient atnyour station. They didnt train us enough to know what to do in complicated situations with customers and dealerships. Most of the young employees made it feel like school talking about their intimate lives while your trying to be professional on the line with customers and discuss their matters. When they were not working they were congregating around people who werent and the one sided headphones made it very difficult to hear . Individuals who worked there if they had medical concerns they were perceived as not worthy of being able to use the washroom unless it was in the alloted time frame . The worst part was not having adequate work stations that had a computer that worked and didnt freeze all the time and having to run around trying to find a supervisor to correct the problems. Then the head office in india would dock your pay because their computers in chatham office quit working and would render you helpless while trying to complete your call with no programs or windows open. Not being able to leave your desk for break cause your on a call and when you go to take your break time that is allotted when you do get off the phone and they tell you you were late when you  more... took the exact time you would be allotted. I quit because of my health reasons declining, the stress of the job and just being overly frustrated by the conditions in which i was placed with no help.  less
Pros
three weeks of paid training
Cons
not enough training for backdoor and for not having help .
Client focus
Technical Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 19, 2015
A typical day at work involves making sure the customers are happy whether or not we find a solution to their problems. Make it a low effort experience for them.
fun work place, horriable OM
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 17, 2015
the workplace can be a lot of fun there. however the management is hit and miss. the higher up you go on the ladder the more corrupt they get. other then that. they hire anyone and everyone. just keeping the job is another story.
enjoyed working for minacs
customer service (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBDecember 16, 2015
worked with inbound customers and helped them with there account issues , made sure that people had the right answer for there needs
Busy non suportive atmosphere
Onstar Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONDecember 10, 2015
Minacs is a very busy organization who would rather send you out the door than help you to better yourself. Their employee turn around rate is exceptionally high and I can imagine their inability to keep employees is because of the work environment. Staff are asked to work exceptionally long hours with little to no room for error.
Pros
occasional Staff lunches
Cons
long hours, no support, threat of losing your job over every minor mistake
Good Training environment
OnStar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 29, 2015
The work was far too depressing, sitting there sending directions to rude costumers everyday wasn't good at all. There training team is very good and helpful.
Project Manager
Payroll Infrastructure Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my work at Minacs, I have gained more experience and learn new techniques to overcome issues in payroll. I also learned in and out of Peoplesoft. My manager was amazing to me she put me on projects and I have achieved to finish all my projects I was advised to do. The most enjoyable part was the trust that my manager had for me and the support she gave me the time I was there.
Pros
Work from Home when not feeling good.
Cons
Long hours - due to the company being in India we had to interact there timings.
Tyipical call centre
Human Resources Field Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 25, 2015
Was not a pleasant work environment. everyone was not happy and was depressing every time i had to go there to complete my co-op hours for school.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBNovember 16, 2015
Personal and professional growth encouraged. Family style environment. Best part of the job was getting to know the team. Always respectful.
Hardworker
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 14, 2015
I learned how to answer and help people fast with the best customer service. Management I don't have much of a comment. Co-workers were amazing fun and good people to talk too. Hardest part of the job would be when the customers would scream at you if they were in a panic. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to when you make someone's day with a simple comment.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 11, 2015
long shifts, great supervisors, helpful trainers, flexible hours. assisted customers with cancellation of accounts as well as billing information changes
benefits