Minacs Group Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
General Motors Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Not recommended Minacs. The company doesn't pay for what they request. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Cons
longue hours at low rate
Alright place to work
Advisor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 14, 2016
Minacs was an over all average place to work. I loved that i was working for "apple" and thought that i would get apple employee benefits(which we were promised butnever recieved). the management was not set up well, with almost all the TL's having favorite advisors who would get special treatment, based of friendship rather that preformance.
Pros
sometimes we'd get free snacks/apple swag
Cons
managers are very unprofessional
Unstable management
Tier 1 iOS Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 9, 2016
Looking for a change. Not a place to work to further your status in life. Poor management. Poor systems. Lack of professionalism. Inconsistent.
great experince.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 8, 2016
Working here was a real pleasant albeit stressful at times experience, the training was sufficient enough to have us taking calls with confidence. the pay was above average for the area. I answered calls each day from customers with problems and it was my job to find the solution they needed. My job was to make peoples day better. I guess the hardest part of the job was the customers I wanted to help but was unable to. I just didn't like letting a customer leave without a solution.
the most enjoyable part had to be suprising the customer buy finding ways for them to save money and get what they want.
Good place to work.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 1, 2016
Had a great time working there, co-workers were great and an excellent atmosphere to work in. Overall great experience and would definitely recommend others to work here.
Good starter job
Rental Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Low pay for the responsibility placed on agents, promotions based on popularity rather than performance or experience.
Pros
Simple job for someone with customer service experience.
Cons
Low pay
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Fantastic group of individuals to work with. Have never found such a happy bunch of people. Management is great, understanding and flexible. Awesome place to be
Pros
Flexibility
Customer Service over the phone
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBFebruary 26, 2016
You get yelled at by angry customer complaining that they don't have any money and you get blame that it's our own fault that their credit is too small then you try to fix the problem in the calmest way possible and then customer still are unhappy with your service. No job security if ever your were sick or deeply hurt in any medical or personal way you had to go in to work if not you had to go in and bring a doctors's note but they could still make you work. One of the hardest thing is taking a calll while co-workers are laughing and talking too loud behind you
Pros
short breaks
Cons
hours too long
Lot of learning opportunities.Lot of Team building exercises and a fun place to work in. Rewards and Recognition for all the epmployees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Got to know a lot about the call centre industry.Regular feed back sessions helped to the improve the job performance. Rewards and recognition for all the performers.
Good place to work for some people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Good place to work, can be stressful to work at for some people. Management very nice and helpful. Hardest part of the job is not able to help customers as per certain perimters.
not that good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Good to start for a first job , not so good for long term. You will notice that it will really hurt your back.( from bad chairs and broken and dirty computers) .
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, little personal time
Very difficult work atmosphere - feeling of little to no support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
mostly listened to complaints from customers all day - no support or understanding from management - more benefit to company then to agents - company often stepped outside employment for own benefit - agents unhappy with work, but many felt trapped
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Its not a bad job.
calling center
9 and a half hours a day
most people are pretty friendly
Others could be more friendly
i've learned alot from this job
It just wasn't for me
The hardest part is dealing with rude people or not knowing how to do something and getting a tiny bit irritated
The best part is the people i have met.
Pros
Incentives for selling
Cons
long hours, some people aren't as friendly as they could be.
it was fun working at Minacs
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2016
i loved the way i got expose to every Technology at Minacs. An elegant customer service system for dealing with inbound ticket requests from most channels, phone,chat-and In Person
Working at Minacs has been a great learning experience. Made me focus on my soft skills especially when dealing with frustrated customers. An average day at Minacs is "something new everyday". No two customers are the same and it is always fun to resolve their issues over a phone call.
Our supervisors and team leaders makes sure that they hold their end of the bargain (in terms of giving us commissions , bonuses and appreciating us for achieving highest customer satisfaction surveys) if we hold our end, which at the end of the day is a win-win for both of us and obviously for the company as well.
Pros
Lovely Team
productive anf fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2016
great place to work , enjoyed working with co- workers

management are excellent , learned how to work in a customer service industry
Fun place and friendly colleagues
Customer Service Representative Oct (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 15, 2016
Worked in night shifts
Stocking aisle and shelving
As the shift starts after the store closing hours, we had fun working
Friendly management
Exellent place to learn and improve working skills
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NBFebruary 14, 2016
Busy day coaching, payroll, weekly reports, quality assurance. Excellent relationships built with co-workers. Fun place to work
Pros
same
Cons
same
the hardest part of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, NSFebruary 9, 2016
Was trying to figure out to do things that my floor trainer didn't even know. It got stressful being there when the help you wanted was there. You had to learn fast or it would be a challenge. I think it would of been easier if my group had someone that knew what they were doing on the floor. She gave her best but you could tell it was also overwhelming for her too!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
12 hour shift on Monday
Awesome People / Terrible Job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 9, 2016
I worked at Minacs for 3 years. The people were awesome and I had alot of good times but the job itself was very stressful. The targets were really hard to meet, especially if you wanted a decent bonus. Policies would change on a regular basis. There was a very big disconnect between the client and the management. And also job security was not very good. Honestly I still would be working there today if the center didn't close down.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
terrible place to work at
a typical day at work
Customer Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Once I enter the office the first thing i do is sign in to my system and start taking calls. I get calls from the Costumer having trouble using there ipads, iphones, apple watches and ipod touch. Once they call me and describe there problem i have to Acknowledge, align and assure what there issue is. Once i get to know the issue i look it up on my knowledge guide in my ilog and assist the costumer with step by step troubleshooting details from the article. Once the article is completed but still if the problem is not resolved then i transfer the call to the Sr adviser..
Pros
The TL's are very supportive.
Cons
un paid lunch

2.9