Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work for some people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Good place to work, can be stressful to work at for some people. Management very nice and helpful. Hardest part of the job is not able to help customers as per certain perimters.
not that good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Good to start for a first job , not so good for long term. You will notice that it will really hurt your back.( from bad chairs and broken and dirty computers) .
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, little personal time
Very difficult work atmosphere - feeling of little to no support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
mostly listened to complaints from customers all day - no support or understanding from management - more benefit to company then to agents - company often stepped outside employment for own benefit - agents unhappy with work, but many felt trapped
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Its not a bad job.
calling center
9 and a half hours a day
most people are pretty friendly
Others could be more friendly
i've learned alot from this job
It just wasn't for me
The hardest part is dealing with rude people or not knowing how to do something and getting a tiny bit irritated
The best part is the people i have met.
Pros
Incentives for selling
Cons
long hours, some people aren't as friendly as they could be.
it was fun working at Minacs
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2016
i loved the way i got expose to every Technology at Minacs. An elegant customer service system for dealing with inbound ticket requests from most channels, phone,chat-and In Person
Working at Minacs has been a great learning experience. Made me focus on my soft skills especially when dealing with frustrated customers. An average day at Minacs is "something new everyday". No two customers are the same and it is always fun to resolve their issues over a phone call.
Pros
Lovely Team
productive anf fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2016
great place to work , enjoyed working with co- workers

management are excellent , learned how to work in a customer service industry
Fun place and friendly colleagues
Customer Service Representative Oct (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 15, 2016
Worked in night shifts
Stocking aisle and shelving
As the shift starts after the store closing hours, we had fun working
Friendly management
Exellent place to learn and improve working skills
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NBFebruary 14, 2016
Busy day coaching, payroll, weekly reports, quality assurance. Excellent relationships built with co-workers. Fun place to work
Pros
same
Cons
same
the hardest part of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, NSFebruary 9, 2016
Was trying to figure out to do things that my floor trainer didn't even know. It got stressful being there when the help you wanted was there. You had to learn fast or it would be a challenge. I think it would of been easier if my group had someone that knew what they were doing on the floor. She gave her best but you could tell it was also overwhelming for her too!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
12 hour shift on Monday
Awesome People / Terrible Job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 9, 2016
I worked at Minacs for 3 years. The people were awesome and I had alot of good times but the job itself was very stressful. The targets were really hard to meet, especially if you wanted a decent bonus. Policies would change on a regular basis. There was a very big disconnect between the client and the management. And also job security was not very good. Honestly I still would be working there today if the center didn't close down.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
terrible place to work at
a typical day at work
Customer Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Once I enter the office the first thing i do is sign in to my system and start taking calls. I get calls from the Costumer having trouble using there ipads, iphones, apple watches and ipod touch. Once they call me and describe there problem i have to Acknowledge, align and assure what there issue is. Once i get to know the issue i look it up on my knowledge guide in my ilog and assist the costumer with step by step troubleshooting details from the article. Once the article is completed but still if the problem is not resolved then i transfer the call to the Sr adviser..
Pros
The TL's are very supportive.
Cons
un paid lunch
Very busy work environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day at Minacs is very busy. And loud. I learned a lot of great customer service skills while employed there, however the job its self isn't one i recommend as a long term career for anyone. It's great if you need to make money of course. You start out making 11.60/hour then after 6 months move to 12.40/hour. You get medical benefits after 6 months and dental benefits after 12 months. The hardest part of the job is not having a mental breakdown. Regular shifts there are 9 and a half hours. And that's because the breaks and lunches aren't paid. Talking on the phone to rude people all day really take it's toll on you.

So, would I recommend you work here?
No, not unless you really can't find anything else.
Fast Paced, Quick thinking.
training specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantham-Kent, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Most people would find comfort in the structure of their day-to-day job. This is something Minacs did not provide me in my role as Training Specialist and yet to me that was the best part.

My role and responsibility was in constant change which provided me with a lasting challenge that kept me engaged in my work. Although there was always structure to our approach of what to train and how there was always this air of mystery around what the company needs were as they could change so quickly.

This presented the challenge of finding a balance of being prepared for what was next but not always being sure what that challenge was.

It was never the same thing and that was the best thing.
Pros
Fast paced, always something new
enjoyed my time with Minacs as General Motors Contract worker
Distribution Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I had 17 great years with the company and have experiences that will lead me to another job. I was given the opportunity to work with a great bunch of people and do a job that I loved to do.
Fun place to work in especially with emphasis on casual culture and at the same time firm processes
Inbound Technical Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Our supervisors and team leaders makes sure that they hold their end of the bargain (in terms of giving us commissions , bonuses and appreciating us for achieving highest customer satisfaction surveys) if we hold our end, which at the end of the day is a win-win for both of us and obviously for the company as well. The greatest challenge I have faced while working here is to adjust myself to the sudden schedule changes. Although that is something to be expected of a call center but on a personal level I have felt that I have become very adaptable and I have learned to mold myself with the changing nature of the job.
good company
Computer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Recommended
Good company
Respect the Employee
I like it
all the jobs is good
i learned the communication skills to communicate with the customers
Productive Workplace with on site event celebrations
Inbound Technical Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 11, 2016
MINACS is one of the best work place environments. There are always some event celebration going on with free lunches and different dress themes going on all month. I enjoy working at MINACS alot. Very friendly environment and a very cooperative management team.
Unhappy place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJanuary 7, 2016
My review for Minacs, my current company, is that I'm very unhappy here. My current co-workers are as well. This company is very unorganized. My schedule has been disrupted and changed around before I've gotten to work when I last thought i was supposed to. was told guaranteed 30-40 hours per week. i have just worked 31 hours i the last to.. our incentive bonus that we earn monthly we were supposed to receive before Christmas, I am now getting on my current month pay.. Most representatives don't have a place to sit half the time because most of the computers don't work, even when you do have a computer that hardly works aswell.
Pros
gift cards if you make sales
Cons
short hours, unorganized
customer service
Email Support Technician/phone support (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONJanuary 5, 2016
fielding calls and handling customer concerns with gift cards,.charges etc..have thorough knowledge gift cards and I phones....management is supportive and helpful as are my coworkers....hardest part of the job is keeping cool when customers are swearing at you....the most enjoyable part of job is when a customer's problem is resolved to their satisfaction
Pros
very nice bosses and great work environment
Cons
too far away from home
good
Level one Chrysler Customer Assistant Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 4, 2016
good. you get paid minim to lie to people. 5 days a week ladies and gents. lots and lots and lots of lying. the hours were reliable. i really did feel bad for some of the customers/
Pros
i dont ever have to meet the customers.
Cons
lies

2.9