Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Minacs Review
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 5, 2016
Minacs call center is about as fair a call center as any, However as an inbound call center for apple it is the clientele that set the pace for how the day will be.
Pros
good shifts
Cons
it drains your emotionally
secure constantly changing job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 2, 2016
it is a very secure job with room for advancement and is always changing they provide full benefits dental and health along with vision
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2016
Customers are very irate
Calls are very very frequent
Supervisors could be more professional
Good hours"
The 4 week training program is good
Excellent management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
The management here are amazing..I can't say enough about the management..They help..They are there if you need them and they are so kind...They taught me from not knowing anything to having knowledge on the computer and in the job..They made sure I made from training to the floor...And the class helped me too....There was one man who wanted to see me to the floor ...I made it...Extra help and exceptional management....Can't say enough about this company ...Would still be there...But unfortunately the campaigne came to an end
Pros
EXCEPTIONAL MANAGEMENT
Cons
WOULD HAVE LIKED MORE TIME TO MYSELF/ONLY FULL TIME
Friendly Environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Enjoyed working at minacs due to the people around, unfortunately I was taking too long to make customers satisfied to their expectations.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Strict call time limit
customer service
Customer care/ Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
I didn't like the team leader they weren't very helpful it wasn't the best experience in my life blah blah blah if you work there good luck
Not the place to be
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 22, 2016
I can honestly say all around the worst experience of my life and that is in all aspects. They steal your time worked by saying u took long lunches or breaks when u didn't.
Friendly work environment
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  HamiltonApril 20, 2016
-learned how to deal with customers which enhanced my trouble shooting skills, technical support and communication skills with different perspective to encounter problems.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Extended Hours
High paced can be stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 19, 2016
Responsible for answering phones and providing customer service. Worked independently and responsibly to ensure customer satisfaction
Ensured punctuality and organization at all times
Obtained skills in de-escalation
Great work environment
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2016
Log into computer for when taking calls
Learned how to be a lot more patient, how to call handle and log customer profiles.
Was also able to learn about basic troubleshooting for various apple products
the people were awesome to work with
CSR Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 18, 2016
it was a call center job, it was exactly what you would expect.. the people were amazing and at first so was the HR team.. But the company keep restructuring and replacing management.. They also did not provide adequate training for some things
Pros
people were amazing
Cons
getting paid by the minute
Minacs Call Centre
Activation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 16, 2016
Great place to work to gain customer service experience as well as proper phone adequate. Face paced volume of calls coming in always on your toes. Easy to make friends in the work place, but hard to maintain the friendship with the turn over rate in the building.
great place to work lots of fun events
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 15, 2016
Inbound call center handling customer concerns and complaints regarding any and all issues with Chrysler jeep and dodge vehicles. Co-workers were all very nice worked well with everyone on my team. The hardest part of the job was being consistently yelled at during customer call-ins. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with delightful co-workers.
Pros
good benefits after 6 months
Cons
the nature of calls are very negative
Onstar Representative
crisis management (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2016
As an Onstar representative for Minacs I was responsible for navigation and customer assistance. I truly enjoyed this opportunity to work in customer service, receiving calls from all over the world. It was challenging at first, understanding geographic instruction, and the computer program itself, however once I got through my training seminars I felt comfortable and enthusiastic about the job! I truly enjoyed my experiences at Onstar!
Continuous chance for improvement and growth if an inividual is inclined.
Customer Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 13, 2016
I would work there in a minute if I was able to go back to my previous position. Minacs is a consumer call center representing Chrysler/Fiat US and Canada. I was in the US division. The center is designed to take complaint/information seeking calls from customer's regarding their Chrysler/Fiat vehicles. I was a Case Manager specializing in radio concerns, updates and developments. I would assist customers with issues with their radios and if I could not resolve the issue I would act as a liaison between the customer and the dealerships and follow up on any repairs that needed to be done to ensure customer satisfaction. I enjoyed speaking to the customers from all over the US as I am in Canada and it was an interesting part of each interaction. My co-workers were wonderful and my supervisor was incredible at always letting my know of my performance. I was there for 2 years and I received a quarterly bonus check for each quarter from the day I started until the day I left. The hardest part of my job was when I had to resign. I was told I was always welcome to come back at any time.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Too far to travel
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 9, 2016
This was one of the better companies to work for in Peterborough, especially since they require next to nothing for qualifications when hiring people.
Pros
Easy Job
Soul Sucking
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 6, 2016
I applied to the position of Email Support Advisor, which entailed assisting customers via email. During day 2 of training, we were asked to sign a form stating that we would become Phone Advisors if required. The only options were to sign the form, or quit. My training class signed the forms under the reassurance that this "most likely would never happen." Fast forward a few months and we are told we need to be trained on phones as well, but that it won't be permanent. Another month later and we are converted to Phone Advisors without a choice (other than to quit.) Job is high stress and confrontational at times, and your schedule, bonus opportunities, job performance, and job security are based mostly on the outcome of customer surveys. Even if you did your job, or went above and beyond for the customer, it doesn't matter as long as they give you a negative survey. Not to mention, every day you come into work, it's hard to find a station without a missing or non-working mouse and/or keyboard, forcing most people to use their own money to buy these tools in order to do their job. Scheduling is based on your stats (again, based on your customer feedback) and seniority, making it difficult to work shifts that allow for any social or family time. For example, I was stuck working 3pm-11:30pm every shift during the 9 months I was there. If customers are causing you stress or being abusive, there is no emotional support from management. Unless you have a doctor's note, they don't care. Holidays never allow for an extra day off. If you take a Stat holiday off, you have to work one  more... of your regularly scheduled days off, meaning you still only get 2 days off out of the week, every week. i.e. If you want Christmas and Boxing Day off, those are your only two days off that week. I would not recommend working here unless you are okay being a sheep who follows directions and does not ask questions.  less
Pros
Pizza lunches, helpful peers
Cons
Late hours, no extra day off on holidays, low pay, high stress
not a bad job
Subscriber Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, ONApril 4, 2016
8.5 hours 5 days a week. Coaching with team, payroll, support.
hardest part is not getting the communication you need to get things done. I enjoy the staff and the people on my team that i coach weekly.
great work environment
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
this was a great place to work. wish I could have stayed but a sickness at the time prevented that. great management, good hours and amazing incentives
Favouritism
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
If you aren't really close with the management then chances are you aren't going to do very well.
It is rare that you will ever get anything but negative feedback from your TL.

2.9