Minacs Group Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Provisioning Advisor/Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2016
Minacs was okay to work at. The staff was nice and the pace of the job was okay but it was stressful and the hours were very long.
horrible place to work
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work! really really really really horrible place to work! Maybe if you enjoy walking the incompetent through mundane tasks, or being consistently yelled at for something you can't control - or being treated like garbage by "supervisors" and "Team Leads" who power trip at every chance they get, or act as if if you should praise them like they are a god - you might...MIGHT like to work for Minacs
Over all, ok.
Apple Care Advisor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 16, 2016
get to work
start up your computer
review any new information
start taking calls
take your lunches and breaks on time
washroom breaks are paid for
Pros
every once in a while you get free snacks
Cons
not enough support
The work is fine, Management is a nightmare
Subscriber (Current Employee) –  customer serviceMay 12, 2016
A typical day at Minacs would be busy from beginning to end... or not depending on where you are in the company. You feel very lost in the sea of people chattering like a beehive around you.

At the beginning you feel a sense of accomplishment. This job isn't bad! Up till that point the managers you have met are kind, and warm. They keep encouraging you to advance in the company. Go anywhere!, they say. Lots of Overtime available, and depending on what team you are in there are great people to work with.

You might even find a sense of belonging.

And then...you meet your actual boss. The ones in charge of your workplace. The bullies, the lies, and the real side of this place shows.

Now you might escape this lousy view. A couple of different departments deal with a whole other crowd.

I would avoid unless you can handle a pushy rude management base
Pros
Cons
Managers are bullies, filed complaint with Labour board and Human rights over mistreatment in the workplace
Good people, Good mid level management, Bad upper level management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Minacs, we would talk to Americans all day about their issues with the iOS products.

My direct manager was great, and understanding.

The former HR lady who was fired after I was fired, had threatened me with my job if I didn't stop going to my counselling appointments which couldn't be changed from Tuesdays.

Upper level Op's manager who fired me, decided to insult me on my way out and when I did ask for a reason for my firing I was told there wasn't one.

If they hadn't have fired me before my three months this is looked at as a case of firing due to a disability. I would not recommend working at Minacs.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Upper level Management who doesn't care
fun place to work
Subscriber Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 8, 2016
i loved working there. The staff are so nice and everyone is very caring and makes sure that you understand everything that you are doing.
Basic Telecommunications Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 7, 2016
Minacs helped me to learn excellent customer service strategies for deescalation as well as helping me hone my organizational skills and teaching me valuable lessons in operating under pressure.
variety
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 5, 2016
The job was interesting but the bosses aren't the most respectful to the employee. You get to be helpful when people really need it.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
lack of respect
Productive and street place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 5, 2016
Friendly people, very productive place to work. very street when it comes to rules. work area well spaced, lighting and excellent ventilation. good incentives
Pros
good incentives.
Cons
strictly abide to the rules
Minacs Review
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 5, 2016
Minacs call center is about as fair a call center as any, However as an inbound call center for apple it is the clientele that set the pace for how the day will be.
Pros
good shifts
Cons
it drains your emotionally
secure constantly changing job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 2, 2016
it is a very secure job with room for advancement and is always changing they provide full benefits dental and health along with vision
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2016
Customers are very irate
Calls are very very frequent
Supervisors could be more professional
Good hours"
The 4 week training program is good
Excellent management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
The management here are amazing..I can't say enough about the management..They help..They are there if you need them and they are so kind...They taught me from not knowing anything to having knowledge on the computer and in the job..They made sure I made from training to the floor...And the class helped me too....There was one man who wanted to see me to the floor ...I made it...Extra help and exceptional management....Can't say enough about this company ...Would still be there...But unfortunately the campaigne came to an end
Pros
EXCEPTIONAL MANAGEMENT
Cons
WOULD HAVE LIKED MORE TIME TO MYSELF/ONLY FULL TIME
Friendly Environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Enjoyed working at minacs due to the people around, unfortunately I was taking too long to make customers satisfied to their expectations.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Strict call time limit
customer service
Customer care/ Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
I didn't like the team leader they weren't very helpful it wasn't the best experience in my life blah blah blah if you work there good luck
Not the place to be
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 22, 2016
I can honestly say all around the worst experience of my life and that is in all aspects. They steal your time worked by saying u took long lunches or breaks when u didn't.
Friendly work environment
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  HamiltonApril 20, 2016
-learned how to deal with customers which enhanced my trouble shooting skills, technical support and communication skills with different perspective to encounter problems.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Extended Hours
High paced can be stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 19, 2016
Responsible for answering phones and providing customer service. Worked independently and responsibly to ensure customer satisfaction
Ensured punctuality and organization at all times
Obtained skills in de-escalation
Great work environment
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2016
Log into computer for when taking calls
Learned how to be a lot more patient, how to call handle and log customer profiles.
Was also able to learn about basic troubleshooting for various apple products
the people were awesome to work with
CSR Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 18, 2016
it was a call center job, it was exactly what you would expect.. the people were amazing and at first so was the HR team.. But the company keep restructuring and replacing management.. They also did not provide adequate training for some things
Pros
people were amazing
Cons
getting paid by the minute

2.9