Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

great place to work lots of fun events
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 15, 2016
Inbound call center handling customer concerns and complaints regarding any and all issues with Chrysler jeep and dodge vehicles. Co-workers were all very nice worked well with everyone on my team. The hardest part of the job was being consistently yelled at during customer call-ins. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with delightful co-workers.
Pros
good benefits after 6 months
Cons
the nature of calls are very negative
Onstar Representative
crisis management (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2016
As an Onstar representative for Minacs I was responsible for navigation and customer assistance. I truly enjoyed this opportunity to work in customer service, receiving calls from all over the world. It was challenging at first, understanding geographic instruction, and the computer program itself, however once I got through my training seminars I felt comfortable and enthusiastic about the job! I truly enjoyed my experiences at Onstar!
Continuous chance for improvement and growth if an inividual is inclined.
Customer Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 13, 2016
I would work there in a minute if I was able to go back to my previous position. Minacs is a consumer call center representing Chrysler/Fiat US and Canada. I was in the US division. The center is designed to take complaint/information seeking calls from customer's regarding their Chrysler/Fiat vehicles. I was a Case Manager specializing in radio concerns, updates and developments. I would assist customers with issues with their radios and if I could not resolve the issue I would act as a liaison between the customer and the dealerships and follow up on any repairs that needed to be done to ensure customer satisfaction. I enjoyed speaking to the customers from all over the US as I am in Canada and it was an interesting part of each interaction. My co-workers were wonderful and my supervisor was incredible at always letting my know of my performance. I was there for 2 years and I received a quarterly bonus check for each quarter from the day I started until the day I left. The hardest part of my job was when I had to resign. I was told I was always welcome to come back at any time.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Too far to travel
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 9, 2016
This was one of the better companies to work for in Peterborough, especially since they require next to nothing for qualifications when hiring people.
Pros
Easy Job
Soul Sucking
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 6, 2016
I applied to the position of Email Support Advisor, which entailed assisting customers via email. During day 2 of training, we were asked to sign a form stating that we would become Phone Advisors if required. The only options were to sign the form, or quit. My training class signed the forms under the reassurance that this "most likely would never happen." Fast forward a few months and we are told we need to be trained on phones as well, but that it won't be permanent. Another month later and we are converted to Phone Advisors without a choice (other than to quit.) Job is high stress and confrontational at times, and your schedule, bonus opportunities, job performance, and job security are based mostly on the outcome of customer surveys. Even if you did your job, or went above and beyond for the customer, it doesn't matter as long as they give you a negative survey. Not to mention, every day you come into work, it's hard to find a station without a missing or non-working mouse and/or keyboard, forcing most people to use their own money to buy these tools in order to do their job. Scheduling is based on your stats (again, based on your customer feedback) and seniority, making it difficult to work shifts that allow for any social or family time. For example, I was stuck working 3pm-11:30pm every shift during the 9 months I was there. If customers are causing you stress or being abusive, there is no emotional support from management. Unless you have a doctor's note, they don't care. Holidays never allow for an extra day off. If you take a Stat holiday off, you have to work one  more... of your regularly scheduled days off, meaning you still only get 2 days off out of the week, every week. i.e. If you want Christmas and Boxing Day off, those are your only two days off that week. I would not recommend working here unless you are okay being a sheep who follows directions and does not ask questions.  less
Pros
Pizza lunches, helpful peers
Cons
Late hours, no extra day off on holidays, low pay, high stress
not a bad job
Subscriber Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, ONApril 4, 2016
8.5 hours 5 days a week. Coaching with team, payroll, support.
hardest part is not getting the communication you need to get things done. I enjoy the staff and the people on my team that i coach weekly.
great work environment
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
this was a great place to work. wish I could have stayed but a sickness at the time prevented that. great management, good hours and amazing incentives
Favouritism
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
If you aren't really close with the management then chances are you aren't going to do very well.
It is rare that you will ever get anything but negative feedback from your TL.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 29, 2016
Friendly staff and great parking lot. Lots of phone calls to answer and easy job to do if you are determined to work. Shift bidding really is the best for what we want as employees but it works well for the flow of the job.
Job was not enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
Working at Minacs is very challenging. Most of the customers that contact are not very happy with the vehicle that they bought and usually take it out on the agent that picks up the phone. Minacs makes it very hard to get assistance, and the lack of training makes it difficult to complete the job. Customers get very upset because of the lack of knowledge that an agent is able to provide the proper assistance the customer made need. As an agent working for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM it is very frustrating to work for, for these reasons I would not recommend this job to others due to the lack of training they provide to the agents.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Not enough training
Good Job
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 23, 2016
Job was good, management was okay at times. Most of the time they weren't too understanding of extreme situations and time off requesting
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not your usual call center!
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 23, 2016
Essentially, Its a call center but with a bit more.

There are an absurd amount of hours to go around so not having work is almost never an issue. The calls are inbound, so you aren't calling people and trying to sell them a product, rather providing help/service for what they called about.

The job itself is mundane, so be prepared for long periods of sitting. Although the management try to lighten the mood by hosting events and trying to pep everyone up, they can only do so much.

Its a great experience and purports alot of money if you're willing to put in the work, Paid training and other incentives are always a bonus as well!

Management tends to walk around and hand out extra hours when people call in sick, So that can be viewed either way.

The only gripe is the lack of supervision on Performance coaches and general employees that have been there some time as they tend to ignore smell policies with their food and talk over you on a call. That being said, that's only a dent in what could be a huge issue.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Co-Workers lack of responsibility
Nice Location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Great Place for starter career . teaches loads about the customer service culture .Promotes from within and rewards employees on great job .. Too much micro managemet
Pros
Cons
Micro managemet
Good for 4 months MAX..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2016
They protect their "own." Multiple situations of management using cruelty, lying and threats. Even when witnessed by other managers they will act like it hasn't happened and "suggest" you quit.

It's a great place to work for 4 months before you can't handle it anymore. Which is why they have a high turn-over rate.

Co-workers are awesome, which is good since that building becomes your whole life. And time off is nearly impossible, so get used to the environment.

Money is only worth it only if you work overtime every single day to get incentives. Shifts are 9.5-11hrs and then add on 3hrs overtime daily.

Management has very high standards and centre people out to hate.

Trainers and Team Leaders are awesome.
Pros
Overtime Incentives
Cons
Everything Else
Great place to start
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONMarch 18, 2016
Minacs has been a great employer in the past 2 years. They have accommodated my school schedule so I am still able to obtain an income while going to school full time.
Did not enjoy, do not recommend.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
Not a good place to work. Extremely high turn over rate due to lack of proper training and overall employee dissatisfaction. Building in Oshawa is very out of the way and the upkeep of the workplace itself is very poor, broken equipment everywhere and poor cleanliness in restrooms and break areas. Hours are too long, scheduling rarely ever approves days off, sick day policies are ridiculous.
Overall job led to many mental breakdowns and the best part of working there is the people you work with, who also dislike it as much as you do.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, thats it.
Cons
Long hours, broken equipment, high standards, negative vibes
a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 17, 2016
i enjoyed learning to support products I was not familiar with
other staff were helpful and friendly.
I enjoyed helping the customers to get connected on their devices.
Pros
good training
Cons
unable to change to part time as not a student
productive and busy place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
all in all amazing peers to work with management can be all over the place but in general a fun and enjoyable place to work and gain experience in sales and customer service.
Pros
special occasion free lunches
Cons
long hours on the phone
Nice enough workplace, rough job due to undertraining/inexperienced trainers.
SBT Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Specialized Billing had not been in Canada for some time and nobody knew how to train us. The training class was a joke and we spent most the days reviewing information that never came up in phone calls. We were put in serious billing conversations with loyal customers and we had to always ask for help because we were not fully trained. I felt bad for the customers, who would call with billing issues, and they would be put on hold every 2 minutes so we could ask our "team leader" our questions. When we put our hand up to request assistance ( all the time ) , it would often take up to 7 minutes to receive help, at which time the customer is furious. Which puts the advisor in a very tough situation, constantly.
Pros
Nice employees, job security is there
Cons
Training was awful ( for specialized billing ) . Long drive depending where you are, but it is pretty out of the way. Awkward schedules. Next to impossible to book time off.
Stressful environment
General Motors Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Not recommended Minacs. The company doesn't pay for what they request. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Cons
longue hours at low rate

2.9