Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Very busy work environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day at Minacs is very busy. And loud. I learned a lot of great customer service skills while employed there, however the job its self isn't one i recommend as a long term career for anyone. It's great if you need to make money of course. You start out making 11.60/hour then after 6 months move to 12.40/hour. You get medical benefits after 6 months and dental benefits after 12 months. The hardest part of the job is not having a mental breakdown. Regular shifts there are 9 and a half hours. And that's because the breaks and lunches aren't paid. Talking on the phone to rude people all day really take it's toll on you.

So, would I recommend you work here?
No, not unless you really can't find anything else.
Alright place to work
Advisor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 14, 2016
Minacs was an over all average place to work. I loved that i was working for "apple" and thought that i would get apple employee benefits(which we were promised butnever recieved). the management was not set up well, with almost all the TL's having favorite advisors who would get special treatment, based of friendship rather that preformance.
Pros
sometimes we'd get free snacks/apple swag
Cons
managers are very unprofessional
Awesome People / Terrible Job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 9, 2016
I worked at Minacs for 3 years. The people were awesome and I had alot of good times but the job itself was very stressful. The targets were really hard to meet, especially if you wanted a decent bonus. Policies would change on a regular basis. There was a very big disconnect between the client and the management. And also job security was not very good. Honestly I still would be working there today if the center didn't close down.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
terrible place to work at
Did not enjoy, do not recommend.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
Not a good place to work. Extremely high turn over rate due to lack of proper training and overall employee dissatisfaction. Building in Oshawa is very out of the way and the upkeep of the workplace itself is very poor, broken equipment everywhere and poor cleanliness in restrooms and break areas. Hours are too long, scheduling rarely ever approves days off, sick day policies are ridiculous.
Overall job led to many mental breakdowns and the best part of working there is the people you work with, who also dislike it as much as you do.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, thats it.
Cons
Long hours, broken equipment, high standards, negative vibes
Good for 4 months MAX..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2016
They protect their "own." Multiple situations of management using cruelty, lying and threats. Even when witnessed by other managers they will act like it hasn't happened and "suggest" you quit.

It's a great place to work for 4 months before you can't handle it anymore. Which is why they have a high turn-over rate.

Co-workers are awesome, which is good since that building becomes your whole life. And time off is nearly impossible, so get used to the environment.

Money is only worth it only if you work overtime every single day to get incentives. Shifts are 9.5-11hrs and then add on 3hrs overtime daily.

Management has very high standards and centre people out to hate.

Trainers and Team Leaders are awesome.
Pros
Overtime Incentives
Cons
Everything Else
Job was not enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
Working at Minacs is very challenging. Most of the customers that contact are not very happy with the vehicle that they bought and usually take it out on the agent that picks up the phone. Minacs makes it very hard to get assistance, and the lack of training makes it difficult to complete the job. Customers get very upset because of the lack of knowledge that an agent is able to provide the proper assistance the customer made need. As an agent working for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM it is very frustrating to work for, for these reasons I would not recommend this job to others due to the lack of training they provide to the agents.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Not enough training
Nice enough workplace, rough job due to undertraining/inexperienced trainers.
SBT Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Specialized Billing had not been in Canada for some time and nobody knew how to train us. The training class was a joke and we spent most the days reviewing information that never came up in phone calls. We were put in serious billing conversations with loyal customers and we had to always ask for help because we were not fully trained. I felt bad for the customers, who would call with billing issues, and they would be put on hold every 2 minutes so we could ask our "team leader" our questions. When we put our hand up to request assistance ( all the time ) , it would often take up to 7 minutes to receive help, at which time the customer is furious. Which puts the advisor in a very tough situation, constantly.
Pros
Nice employees, job security is there
Cons
Training was awful ( for specialized billing ) . Long drive depending where you are, but it is pretty out of the way. Awkward schedules. Next to impossible to book time off.
Nice Location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Great Place for starter career . teaches loads about the customer service culture .Promotes from within and rewards employees on great job .. Too much micro managemet
Pros
Cons
Micro managemet
productive and busy place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
all in all amazing peers to work with management can be all over the place but in general a fun and enjoyable place to work and gain experience in sales and customer service.
Pros
special occasion free lunches
Cons
long hours on the phone
Overall good for short-term employment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONOctober 14, 2015
Overall experience with this company has been average. They have wonderful employees to work with, and offer great benefits and incentives for job referrals, however they do not have the best time management for working with staff in regards to home life, emergencies, and other responsibilities.

Currently been working with them for an ongoing issue and have yet to receive an answer from management. This discourages myself, my family, and other employees who are aware of the situation. In my case they have shown no empathy towards this situation and are more focused on making money than ensuring employee safety.

They also have issues with scheduling. Many employees receive incorrect schedules and must make emergency/last minute arrangements to ensure their family is taken care of, rather than the scheduling department resolving the issue as it should have been.

I will state that they are fantastic people in general, however there is lots of room for improvement.
Pros
Dress down days, recruitement incentives
Cons
long hours, bad scheduling, inability to return phone calls/emails in timely manner
Not your usual call center!
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 23, 2016
Essentially, Its a call center but with a bit more.

There are an absurd amount of hours to go around so not having work is almost never an issue. The calls are inbound, so you aren't calling people and trying to sell them a product, rather providing help/service for what they called about.

The job itself is mundane, so be prepared for long periods of sitting. Although the management try to lighten the mood by hosting events and trying to pep everyone up, they can only do so much.

Its a great experience and purports alot of money if you're willing to put in the work, Paid training and other incentives are always a bonus as well!

Management tends to walk around and hand out extra hours when people call in sick, So that can be viewed either way.

The only gripe is the lack of supervision on Performance coaches and general employees that have been there some time as they tend to ignore smell policies with their food and talk over you on a call. That being said, that's only a dent in what could be a huge issue.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Co-Workers lack of responsibility
Customer Service over the phone
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBFebruary 26, 2016
You get yelled at by angry customer complaining that they don't have any money and you get blame that it's our own fault that their credit is too small then you try to fix the problem in the calmest way possible and then customer still are unhappy with your service. No job security if ever your were sick or deeply hurt in any medical or personal way you had to go in to work if not you had to go in and bring a doctors's note but they could still make you work. One of the hardest thing is taking a calll while co-workers are laughing and talking too loud behind you
Pros
short breaks
Cons
hours too long
not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJuly 8, 2016
Unprofessional employees, lack of assistance when needed and often times the system that tracks your hours will rip you off! myself and many other employees have had hours deducted from the systems going down at the start of a shift or there will be some excuse to deduct half an hour to an hour of your pay per day! your breaks and lunch WILL change at a moments notice possibly taking away your breaks completely many of the Team leaders will ignore you and refuse to help you leaving you with an angry customer you can't help. you also may be transferred to a department and then moved back without proper training for either. definitely one of the worst call centers out there. i would recommend HGS or Solutions if you're going to work for a call center don't work for this one
Pros
N/A
Cons
Too many
bad
top dawg (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2016
Lets start with their slogan:
"We're Different here"
Not we're the best, or number 1 or anything good, just hey we suck most of the time, since we're a call center, and were not bragging about it. I guess theyre trying to be real, but what a let down at the same time.

bathrooms are gross since everybody is fat. Have you went for a bike ride in the rain and got that mud slick trail from your tire slinging mud on your back?... well I always think this, when I check for a stall that has not be violated. How fat do you have to be, to sit down, and miss the line up between your backside and the hole. I dont get it.
Pros
free phallic shaped items to practice your sucking
Cons
you have to share the phallic shappd items and cant take em home
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 2, 2016
So far I know a lot of people couldn't handle this job since it is a stressful and busy environment but I am managing to stick through it. They should provide better and longer training. It felt that everything moved too quickly and that we didn't have enough time to practice. You have to learn everything quickly at their own pace not even your own. You have to be very knowledgeable and be confident on the phone and all calls are monitored. Some customers are rude and it could be very hurtful at times. The TLs are useless and rude sometimes when I needed help. Some act like they don't care if you are mentally stressed at work. The hours are way too long to work and being on the phone for that long can be irritating. And we don't get paid for breaks/lunches. I would say this job is only temporary. Overall, the best part is that the co-workers are all friendly.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, no paid breaks/lunches
Filthy office. Bad work with too low pay.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2016
Stupid strict about stupid things. 90% of the time I went to the bathroom I had to clean another person's faeces off the toilet seat or urine before I could use one of their stalls. That's not even an exaggeration. It's filthy. They pay only slightly above min wage. You put your body and mind on the line because you will get fat and depressed working this job. My advice? Get the job, take the training and call sick every day there's customer facing time. Then quit at nesting. This place is garbage 0/10. Employees are good, managers treat you like high school students.
Take their training dollars and move on.
Pros
Cons
Literally Everything
Good people, Good mid level management, Bad upper level management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Minacs, we would talk to Americans all day about their issues with the iOS products.

My direct manager was great, and understanding.

The former HR lady who was fired after I was fired, had threatened me with my job if I didn't stop going to my counselling appointments which couldn't be changed from Tuesdays.

Upper level Op's manager who fired me, decided to insult me on my way out and when I did ask for a reason for my firing I was told there wasn't one.

If they hadn't have fired me before my three months this is looked at as a case of firing due to a disability. I would not recommend working at Minacs.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Upper level Management who doesn't care
Fun environment but low pay and company advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2016
It's a great place if you want to start somewhere. If you never have any Customer Service Experience its a great way to start. Co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with really really angry Customer who continues to misbehave. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the people around you who continues to help. Management is also fantastic as well as they are well organized.
Pros
Easy Profession
Cons
Long hours and no advancement in the company any time soon
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Its not a bad job.
calling center
9 and a half hours a day
most people are pretty friendly
Others could be more friendly
i've learned alot from this job
It just wasn't for me
The hardest part is dealing with rude people or not knowing how to do something and getting a tiny bit irritated
The best part is the people i have met.
Pros
Incentives for selling
Cons
long hours, some people aren't as friendly as they could be.
Soul Sucking
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 6, 2016
I applied to the position of Email Support Advisor, which entailed assisting customers via email. During day 2 of training, we were asked to sign a form stating that we would become Phone Advisors if required. The only options were to sign the form, or quit. My training class signed the forms under the reassurance that this "most likely would never happen." Fast forward a few months and we are told we need to be trained on phones as well, but that it won't be permanent. Another month later and we are converted to Phone Advisors without a choice (other than to quit.) Job is high stress and confrontational at times, and your schedule, bonus opportunities, job performance, and job security are based mostly on the outcome of customer surveys. Even if you did your job, or went above and beyond for the customer, it doesn't matter as long as they give you a negative survey. Not to mention, every day you come into work, it's hard to find a station without a missing or non-working mouse and/or keyboard, forcing most people to use their own money to buy these tools in order to do their job. Scheduling is based on your stats (again, based on your customer feedback) and seniority, making it difficult to work shifts that allow for any social or family time. For example, I was stuck working 3pm-11:30pm every shift during the 9 months I was there. If customers are causing you stress or being abusive, there is no emotional support from management. Unless you have a doctor's note, they don't care. Holidays never allow for an extra day off. If you take a Stat holiday off, you have to work one  more... of your regularly scheduled days off, meaning you still only get 2 days off out of the week, every week. i.e. If you want Christmas and Boxing Day off, those are your only two days off that week. I would not recommend working here unless you are okay being a sheep who follows directions and does not ask questions.  less
Pros
Pizza lunches, helpful peers
Cons
Late hours, no extra day off on holidays, low pay, high stress

2.9