Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun environment but low pay and company advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2016
It's a great place if you want to start somewhere. If you never have any Customer Service Experience its a great way to start. Co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with really really angry Customer who continues to misbehave. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the people around you who continues to help. Management is also fantastic as well as they are well organized.
Pros
Easy Profession
Cons
Long hours and no advancement in the company any time soon
Please don't ever work at minacs!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 19, 2016
Great customer service training but everything else sucked.
No time off, low pay, dirty work environment, rude and not helpful management, low employee morale, long hours, most people that worked there seemed to be low class techies and generally unclassy.
Worst experience of my life and to be honest it's quite traumatizing.
Pros
Great customer service training
Cons
Long hours, basing pay and incentives and job security on csat, dirty place to work, no job security, management sucked
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NBJune 4, 2016
Numbing and annoyingly painful work. Not a good client to represent from a customer service/employee side. It's a very unclean and un-kept work environment. The bathrooms, the carpet, the dust, the lighting. It's frustrating because it has potential to be a really great place... corporate just creates unbearable work standards. I think Minacs has so much it could grow into but right now it is not a workplace I'd recommend to anyone.
Cons
bathrooms, unclean work environment
horrible place to work
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work! really really really really horrible place to work! Maybe if you enjoy walking the incompetent through mundane tasks, or being consistently yelled at for something you can't control - or being treated like garbage by "supervisors" and "Team Leads" who power trip at every chance they get, or act as if if you should praise them like they are a god - you might...MIGHT like to work for Minacs
not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJuly 8, 2016
Unprofessional employees, lack of assistance when needed and often times the system that tracks your hours will rip you off! myself and many other employees have had hours deducted from the systems going down at the start of a shift or there will be some excuse to deduct half an hour to an hour of your pay per day! your breaks and lunch WILL change at a moments notice possibly taking away your breaks completely many of the Team leaders will ignore you and refuse to help you leaving you with an angry customer you can't help. you also may be transferred to a department and then moved back without proper training for either. definitely one of the worst call centers out there. i would recommend HGS or Solutions if you're going to work for a call center don't work for this one
Pros
N/A
Cons
Too many
Good people, Good mid level management, Bad upper level management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Minacs, we would talk to Americans all day about their issues with the iOS products.

My direct manager was great, and understanding.

The former HR lady who was fired after I was fired, had threatened me with my job if I didn't stop going to my counselling appointments which couldn't be changed from Tuesdays.

Upper level Op's manager who fired me, decided to insult me on my way out and when I did ask for a reason for my firing I was told there wasn't one.

If they hadn't have fired me before my three months this is looked at as a case of firing due to a disability. I would not recommend working at Minacs.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Upper level Management who doesn't care
Excellent management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
The management here are amazing..I can't say enough about the management..They help..They are there if you need them and they are so kind...They taught me from not knowing anything to having knowledge on the computer and in the job..They made sure I made from training to the floor...And the class helped me too....There was one man who wanted to see me to the floor ...I made it...Extra help and exceptional management....Can't say enough about this company ...Would still be there...But unfortunately the campaigne came to an end
Pros
EXCEPTIONAL MANAGEMENT
Cons
WOULD HAVE LIKED MORE TIME TO MYSELF/ONLY FULL TIME
A fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
This is a fun place to work as we have great co workers here. I honed my customer service skills and also learned new software to be able to do the required data entry. The hard part of the job is that we need to remain seated for long hours. The most enjoyable part is to be able to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Remain seated for long hours
great place to work lots of fun events
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 15, 2016
Inbound call center handling customer concerns and complaints regarding any and all issues with Chrysler jeep and dodge vehicles. Co-workers were all very nice worked well with everyone on my team. The hardest part of the job was being consistently yelled at during customer call-ins. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with delightful co-workers.
Pros
good benefits after 6 months
Cons
the nature of calls are very negative
Onstar Representative
crisis management (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2016
As an Onstar representative for Minacs I was responsible for navigation and customer assistance. I truly enjoyed this opportunity to work in customer service, receiving calls from all over the world. It was challenging at first, understanding geographic instruction, and the computer program itself, however once I got through my training seminars I felt comfortable and enthusiastic about the job! I truly enjoyed my experiences at Onstar!
Job was not enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
Working at Minacs is very challenging. Most of the customers that contact are not very happy with the vehicle that they bought and usually take it out on the agent that picks up the phone. Minacs makes it very hard to get assistance, and the lack of training makes it difficult to complete the job. Customers get very upset because of the lack of knowledge that an agent is able to provide the proper assistance the customer made need. As an agent working for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM it is very frustrating to work for, for these reasons I would not recommend this job to others due to the lack of training they provide to the agents.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Not enough training
Did not enjoy, do not recommend.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
Not a good place to work. Extremely high turn over rate due to lack of proper training and overall employee dissatisfaction. Building in Oshawa is very out of the way and the upkeep of the workplace itself is very poor, broken equipment everywhere and poor cleanliness in restrooms and break areas. Hours are too long, scheduling rarely ever approves days off, sick day policies are ridiculous.
Overall job led to many mental breakdowns and the best part of working there is the people you work with, who also dislike it as much as you do.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, thats it.
Cons
Long hours, broken equipment, high standards, negative vibes
Great Job for deskside support
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 13, 2016
Even though the call center closed that i was working at this was by far the best job i have had.

During the day you took calls from apple care support and then directed them to the appropriate support.

the hardest part of the job was the you didn't know what the next call would be, (I.E mad customer)
Good for 4 months MAX..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2016
They protect their "own." Multiple situations of management using cruelty, lying and threats. Even when witnessed by other managers they will act like it hasn't happened and "suggest" you quit.

It's a great place to work for 4 months before you can't handle it anymore. Which is why they have a high turn-over rate.

Co-workers are awesome, which is good since that building becomes your whole life. And time off is nearly impossible, so get used to the environment.

Money is only worth it only if you work overtime every single day to get incentives. Shifts are 9.5-11hrs and then add on 3hrs overtime daily.

Management has very high standards and centre people out to hate.

Trainers and Team Leaders are awesome.
Pros
Overtime Incentives
Cons
Everything Else
Loved it
Technical support Representive (Mac Plus) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 8, 2016
this place was awesome. It's a fun atmosphere and while the work is hard it can be worth it. :) it is for Apple :) you start off with some of the basic stuff then you go on to learn the harder more indepth things
Pros
internal job path help for advancement
Cons
no access to local transit on a daily basis with reliablity
Alright place to work
Advisor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 14, 2016
Minacs was an over all average place to work. I loved that i was working for "apple" and thought that i would get apple employee benefits(which we were promised butnever recieved). the management was not set up well, with almost all the TL's having favorite advisors who would get special treatment, based of friendship rather that preformance.
Pros
sometimes we'd get free snacks/apple swag
Cons
managers are very unprofessional
great experince.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 8, 2016
Working here was a real pleasant albeit stressful at times experience, the training was sufficient enough to have us taking calls with confidence. the pay was above average for the area. I answered calls each day from customers with problems and it was my job to find the solution they needed. My job was to make peoples day better. I guess the hardest part of the job was the customers I wanted to help but was unable to. I just didn't like letting a customer leave without a solution.
the most enjoyable part had to be suprising the customer buy finding ways for them to save money and get what they want.
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 2, 2016
So far I know a lot of people couldn't handle this job since it is a stressful and busy environment but I am managing to stick through it. They should provide better and longer training. It felt that everything moved too quickly and that we didn't have enough time to practice. You have to learn everything quickly at their own pace not even your own. You have to be very knowledgeable and be confident on the phone and all calls are monitored. Some customers are rude and it could be very hurtful at times. The TLs are useless and rude sometimes when I needed help. Some act like they don't care if you are mentally stressed at work. The hours are way too long to work and being on the phone for that long can be irritating. And we don't get paid for breaks/lunches. I would say this job is only temporary. Overall, the best part is that the co-workers are all friendly.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, no paid breaks/lunches
Call Centre Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 27, 2016
* Taking calls and resolving customer concerns.
*Computer skills and customer service skills learned.
* tough to accommodate some of customer complaints.
*Enjoyed being able to help a customer with a problem
Pros
benefits and social commity
Cons
overtime and extremely angry customers
Customer Service over the phone
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBFebruary 26, 2016
You get yelled at by angry customer complaining that they don't have any money and you get blame that it's our own fault that their credit is too small then you try to fix the problem in the calmest way possible and then customer still are unhappy with your service. No job security if ever your were sick or deeply hurt in any medical or personal way you had to go in to work if not you had to go in and bring a doctors's note but they could still make you work. One of the hardest thing is taking a calll while co-workers are laughing and talking too loud behind you
Pros
short breaks
Cons
hours too long

2.9