Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 26, 2016
Run from this place all they do is lie and put you down long hours and bad pay also bad benefits so if you are looking for a really bad job then this is your place
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad management
Good Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 23, 2016
No complaints, I enjoyed working there! Good staff, good people working there. Some days were long but most days flew by. I would go back and be part time if that was a possibility.
answering incoming calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  hamiltonAugust 16, 2016
I would answering incoming calls from compaigns. satisfying the customer. I loved working there because the management and co-workers were great
Filthy office. Bad work with too low pay.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2016
Stupid strict about stupid things. 90% of the time I went to the bathroom I had to clean another person's faeces off the toilet seat or urine before I could use one of their stalls. That's not even an exaggeration. It's filthy. They pay only slightly above min wage. You put your body and mind on the line because you will get fat and depressed working this job. My advice? Get the job, take the training and call sick every day there's customer facing time. Then quit at nesting. This place is garbage 0/10. Employees are good, managers treat you like high school students.
Take their training dollars and move on.
Pros
Cons
Literally Everything
bad
top dawg (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2016
Lets start with their slogan:
"We're Different here"
Not we're the best, or number 1 or anything good, just hey we suck most of the time, since we're a call center, and were not bragging about it. I guess theyre trying to be real, but what a let down at the same time.

bathrooms are gross since everybody is fat. Have you went for a bike ride in the rain and got that mud slick trail from your tire slinging mud on your back?... well I always think this, when I check for a stall that has not be violated. How fat do you have to be, to sit down, and miss the line up between your backside and the hole. I dont get it.
Pros
free phallic shaped items to practice your sucking
Cons
you have to share the phallic shappd items and cant take em home
Horrible place to work for
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 5, 2016
Working here was soul draining and very mentally exhausting. First off, majority of the customers are very unpleasant. The rudeness from customers can be bearable if minacs had a good support system but THEY DON'T!!! It's all about kissing butt. Everyone walks around like they have a chip on their shoulder and the atmosphere is very tense. They are going to lie to yo and say it is a fun place to work, don't believe them please run. The money is not worth it
Cons
Great co-workers and cooperative management
CPC Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 5, 2016
-daily activities for all the employees
-monthly draws and competition
-very fun workplace and great co-workers
-typical day at work would be: talking calls, getting coached, getting time off phone to do some self-guided training on new topics/information
Only for the desparate
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2016
This company will never care about you and have absolutely no goal to have quality employees. Quantity over quality.
Pros
guaranteed full time
Cons
guaranteed termination
Worst company I have ever work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2016
No Support , Lies by the TL, No support and expect to perform well.
Few individuals are making the decision.
Management never respond to emails, no benefit for atleast a year for dental. No Washroom breaks, or personal.
Pros
Cons
No Empathy and short notice for meeting.
a very stressful job
email agent (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 29, 2016
Job is stressful
there is always people to help
rated on your calls, handling times
if the customer does not care for advise then they are made
TL are helpful but have a stressful job also
Pros
shift bids
Fast paced and demanding. Good attempts though at lightening the amount of stress on employees
Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 28, 2016
A typical day is taking 100+ calls well having 2-3 minutes in between calls in order to document customer’s concerns.

Things I have learned are the operating/software systems of the radios, and that just because your phone paired to the radio before does not mean it is tested/compatible.

Management: Most are very knowledgeable and attempt to assist you; however some of them are quite discourteous or even rude.
Co-workers: Co-workers are rather delightful and help make the workdays a little easier.

The hardest part of the job is when customer’s call in irate because of another agent or a dealer. You need to mediate the situation and attempt to find out if we can do anything to assist them; most of the time we cannot help them which then leads to a denial.

The most enjoyable part is when you can actually help someone by getting them a rental or pairing their phone to their radio system. As well HR tries to do theme days every month (most people don’t take part) but for those who do it is quite entertaining.
Pros
Theme days, co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with little to no chance of pay increase, little job security
Great Hours, Great People, Little Pay
Retention / Escalations Agent - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 27, 2016
Always guaranteed hours, and really enjoyed having my weekends free. Feel that I'm not paid enough for a supervisory role.
Pros
Lots of Hours
Cons
Little Pay
Not Somewhere I would choose to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 26, 2016
Turn over rate is high
Management is not accountable
one hand has no idea what the other is doing or saying
youre only ever going to be a number
Pros
the other employees, benefits
Cons
poor managment
Good place to build work skills
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 26, 2016
Was a great place for starting a career and building professional skills. Would recommend for young professionals. Very friendly coworkers. Salary was a little low considering the job, but that is the nature of its business model.
Same old Call Centre
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 26, 2016
I thought I already wrote a long winded review on this place, but apparently I need another. Sadly it's an OK place to work, nothing really blowing me away from the quality or managers.
Great Job for deskside support
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 13, 2016
Even though the call center closed that i was working at this was by far the best job i have had.

During the day you took calls from apple care support and then directed them to the appropriate support.

the hardest part of the job was the you didn't know what the next call would be, (I.E mad customer)
not a good workplace to work at
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 13, 2016
hours are really bad, and we have to let customers treat us likle the scum of the earth
long hours, didnt work around my family life
My co-workers are great to work with , hours are flexible and it is close to home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 12, 2016
Currently I respond to customer emails and chats , we assist our customer in getting the assist they need . We work along with our dealerships to get these issues resolved.
A fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
This is a fun place to work as we have great co workers here. I honed my customer service skills and also learned new software to be able to do the required data entry. The hard part of the job is that we need to remain seated for long hours. The most enjoyable part is to be able to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Remain seated for long hours
not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJuly 8, 2016
Unprofessional employees, lack of assistance when needed and often times the system that tracks your hours will rip you off! myself and many other employees have had hours deducted from the systems going down at the start of a shift or there will be some excuse to deduct half an hour to an hour of your pay per day! your breaks and lunch WILL change at a moments notice possibly taking away your breaks completely many of the Team leaders will ignore you and refuse to help you leaving you with an angry customer you can't help. you also may be transferred to a department and then moved back without proper training for either. definitely one of the worst call centers out there. i would recommend HGS or Solutions if you're going to work for a call center don't work for this one
Pros
N/A
Cons
Too many

2.9