Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible place to work for
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 5, 2016
Working here was soul draining and very mentally exhausting. First off, majority of the customers are very unpleasant. The rudeness from customers can be bearable if minacs had a good support system but THEY DON'T!!! It's all about kissing butt. Everyone walks around like they have a chip on their shoulder and the atmosphere is very tense. They are going to lie to yo and say it is a fun place to work, don't believe them please run. The money is not worth it
Cons
Filthy office. Bad work with too low pay.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2016
Stupid strict about stupid things. 90% of the time I went to the bathroom I had to clean another person's faeces off the toilet seat or urine before I could use one of their stalls. That's not even an exaggeration. It's filthy. They pay only slightly above min wage. You put your body and mind on the line because you will get fat and depressed working this job. My advice? Get the job, take the training and call sick every day there's customer facing time. Then quit at nesting. This place is garbage 0/10. Employees are good, managers treat you like high school students.
Take their training dollars and move on.
Pros
Cons
Literally Everything
bad
top dawg (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2016
Lets start with their slogan:
"We're Different here"
Not we're the best, or number 1 or anything good, just hey we suck most of the time, since we're a call center, and were not bragging about it. I guess theyre trying to be real, but what a let down at the same time.

bathrooms are gross since everybody is fat. Have you went for a bike ride in the rain and got that mud slick trail from your tire slinging mud on your back?... well I always think this, when I check for a stall that has not be violated. How fat do you have to be, to sit down, and miss the line up between your backside and the hole. I dont get it.
Pros
free phallic shaped items to practice your sucking
Cons
you have to share the phallic shappd items and cant take em home
Fun environment but low pay and company advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2016
It's a great place if you want to start somewhere. If you never have any Customer Service Experience its a great way to start. Co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with really really angry Customer who continues to misbehave. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the people around you who continues to help. Management is also fantastic as well as they are well organized.
Pros
Easy Profession
Cons
Long hours and no advancement in the company any time soon
Please don't ever work at minacs!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 19, 2016
Great customer service training but everything else sucked.
No time off, low pay, dirty work environment, rude and not helpful management, low employee morale, long hours, most people that worked there seemed to be low class techies and generally unclassy.
Worst experience of my life and to be honest it's quite traumatizing.
Pros
Great customer service training
Cons
Long hours, basing pay and incentives and job security on csat, dirty place to work, no job security, management sucked
not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJuly 8, 2016
Unprofessional employees, lack of assistance when needed and often times the system that tracks your hours will rip you off! myself and many other employees have had hours deducted from the systems going down at the start of a shift or there will be some excuse to deduct half an hour to an hour of your pay per day! your breaks and lunch WILL change at a moments notice possibly taking away your breaks completely many of the Team leaders will ignore you and refuse to help you leaving you with an angry customer you can't help. you also may be transferred to a department and then moved back without proper training for either. definitely one of the worst call centers out there. i would recommend HGS or Solutions if you're going to work for a call center don't work for this one
Pros
N/A
Cons
Too many
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NBJune 4, 2016
Numbing and annoyingly painful work. Not a good client to represent from a customer service/employee side. It's a very unclean and un-kept work environment. The bathrooms, the carpet, the dust, the lighting. It's frustrating because it has potential to be a really great place... corporate just creates unbearable work standards. I think Minacs has so much it could grow into but right now it is not a workplace I'd recommend to anyone.
Cons
bathrooms, unclean work environment
A fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
This is a fun place to work as we have great co workers here. I honed my customer service skills and also learned new software to be able to do the required data entry. The hard part of the job is that we need to remain seated for long hours. The most enjoyable part is to be able to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Remain seated for long hours
horrible place to work
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work! really really really really horrible place to work! Maybe if you enjoy walking the incompetent through mundane tasks, or being consistently yelled at for something you can't control - or being treated like garbage by "supervisors" and "Team Leads" who power trip at every chance they get, or act as if if you should praise them like they are a god - you might...MIGHT like to work for Minacs
Good people, Good mid level management, Bad upper level management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Minacs, we would talk to Americans all day about their issues with the iOS products.

My direct manager was great, and understanding.

The former HR lady who was fired after I was fired, had threatened me with my job if I didn't stop going to my counselling appointments which couldn't be changed from Tuesdays.

Upper level Op's manager who fired me, decided to insult me on my way out and when I did ask for a reason for my firing I was told there wasn't one.

If they hadn't have fired me before my three months this is looked at as a case of firing due to a disability. I would not recommend working at Minacs.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Upper level Management who doesn't care
Excellent management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
The management here are amazing..I can't say enough about the management..They help..They are there if you need them and they are so kind...They taught me from not knowing anything to having knowledge on the computer and in the job..They made sure I made from training to the floor...And the class helped me too....There was one man who wanted to see me to the floor ...I made it...Extra help and exceptional management....Can't say enough about this company ...Would still be there...But unfortunately the campaigne came to an end
Pros
EXCEPTIONAL MANAGEMENT
Cons
WOULD HAVE LIKED MORE TIME TO MYSELF/ONLY FULL TIME
Great Job for deskside support
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 13, 2016
Even though the call center closed that i was working at this was by far the best job i have had.

During the day you took calls from apple care support and then directed them to the appropriate support.

the hardest part of the job was the you didn't know what the next call would be, (I.E mad customer)
great place to work lots of fun events
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 15, 2016
Inbound call center handling customer concerns and complaints regarding any and all issues with Chrysler jeep and dodge vehicles. Co-workers were all very nice worked well with everyone on my team. The hardest part of the job was being consistently yelled at during customer call-ins. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with delightful co-workers.
Pros
good benefits after 6 months
Cons
the nature of calls are very negative
Onstar Representative
crisis management (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2016
As an Onstar representative for Minacs I was responsible for navigation and customer assistance. I truly enjoyed this opportunity to work in customer service, receiving calls from all over the world. It was challenging at first, understanding geographic instruction, and the computer program itself, however once I got through my training seminars I felt comfortable and enthusiastic about the job! I truly enjoyed my experiences at Onstar!
Great co-workers and cooperative management
CPC Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 5, 2016
-daily activities for all the employees
-monthly draws and competition
-very fun workplace and great co-workers
-typical day at work would be: talking calls, getting coached, getting time off phone to do some self-guided training on new topics/information
Loved it
Technical support Representive (Mac Plus) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 8, 2016
this place was awesome. It's a fun atmosphere and while the work is hard it can be worth it. :) it is for Apple :) you start off with some of the basic stuff then you go on to learn the harder more indepth things
Pros
internal job path help for advancement
Cons
no access to local transit on a daily basis with reliablity
Worst company I have ever work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2016
No Support , Lies by the TL, No support and expect to perform well.
Few individuals are making the decision.
Management never respond to emails, no benefit for atleast a year for dental. No Washroom breaks, or personal.
Pros
Cons
No Empathy and short notice for meeting.
Job was not enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
Working at Minacs is very challenging. Most of the customers that contact are not very happy with the vehicle that they bought and usually take it out on the agent that picks up the phone. Minacs makes it very hard to get assistance, and the lack of training makes it difficult to complete the job. Customers get very upset because of the lack of knowledge that an agent is able to provide the proper assistance the customer made need. As an agent working for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM it is very frustrating to work for, for these reasons I would not recommend this job to others due to the lack of training they provide to the agents.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Not enough training
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 2, 2016
So far I know a lot of people couldn't handle this job since it is a stressful and busy environment but I am managing to stick through it. They should provide better and longer training. It felt that everything moved too quickly and that we didn't have enough time to practice. You have to learn everything quickly at their own pace not even your own. You have to be very knowledgeable and be confident on the phone and all calls are monitored. Some customers are rude and it could be very hurtful at times. The TLs are useless and rude sometimes when I needed help. Some act like they don't care if you are mentally stressed at work. The hours are way too long to work and being on the phone for that long can be irritating. And we don't get paid for breaks/lunches. I would say this job is only temporary. Overall, the best part is that the co-workers are all friendly.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, no paid breaks/lunches
Did not enjoy, do not recommend.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
Not a good place to work. Extremely high turn over rate due to lack of proper training and overall employee dissatisfaction. Building in Oshawa is very out of the way and the upkeep of the workplace itself is very poor, broken equipment everywhere and poor cleanliness in restrooms and break areas. Hours are too long, scheduling rarely ever approves days off, sick day policies are ridiculous.
Overall job led to many mental breakdowns and the best part of working there is the people you work with, who also dislike it as much as you do.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, thats it.
Cons
Long hours, broken equipment, high standards, negative vibes

2.9