Minacs Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Job for deskside support
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 13, 2016
Even though the call center closed that i was working at this was by far the best job i have had.

During the day you took calls from apple care support and then directed them to the appropriate support.

the hardest part of the job was the you didn't know what the next call would be, (I.E mad customer)
not a good workplace to work at
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 13, 2016
hours are really bad, and we have to let customers treat us likle the scum of the earth
long hours, didnt work around my family life
My co-workers are great to work with , hours are flexible and it is close to home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 12, 2016
Currently I respond to customer emails and chats , we assist our customer in getting the assist they need . We work along with our dealerships to get these issues resolved.
A fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
This is a fun place to work as we have great co workers here. I honed my customer service skills and also learned new software to be able to do the required data entry. The hard part of the job is that we need to remain seated for long hours. The most enjoyable part is to be able to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Remain seated for long hours
not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NSJuly 8, 2016
Unprofessional employees, lack of assistance when needed and often times the system that tracks your hours will rip you off! myself and many other employees have had hours deducted from the systems going down at the start of a shift or there will be some excuse to deduct half an hour to an hour of your pay per day! your breaks and lunch WILL change at a moments notice possibly taking away your breaks completely many of the Team leaders will ignore you and refuse to help you leaving you with an angry customer you can't help. you also may be transferred to a department and then moved back without proper training for either. definitely one of the worst call centers out there. i would recommend HGS or Solutions if you're going to work for a call center don't work for this one
Pros
N/A
Cons
Too many
Fun environment but low pay and company advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2016
It's a great place if you want to start somewhere. If you never have any Customer Service Experience its a great way to start. Co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with really really angry Customer who continues to misbehave. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the people around you who continues to help. Management is also fantastic as well as they are well organized.
Pros
Easy Profession
Cons
Long hours and no advancement in the company any time soon
fun workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 26, 2016
Wonderful place to obtain great skills in customer service. We were all a team and were willing to assist our co-workers if needed.
great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 21, 2016
Great work environment, Great training provided Many hours provided to be prepared to start on the floor. Great work schedules available to help with families
non productive company with bad management
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 20, 2016
the co-workers were excellent but the company and staff were not good. Everyone that worked there left to find other jobs.
Please don't ever work at minacs!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 19, 2016
Great customer service training but everything else sucked.
No time off, low pay, dirty work environment, rude and not helpful management, low employee morale, long hours, most people that worked there seemed to be low class techies and generally unclassy.
Worst experience of my life and to be honest it's quite traumatizing.
Pros
Great customer service training
Cons
Long hours, basing pay and incentives and job security on csat, dirty place to work, no job security, management sucked
strong work ethics
manager call back (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 14, 2016
Strong work ethics, days can be long as in any call center.The pay is good,the material is up to date,overtime available and some times mandatory
Loved it
Technical support Representive (Mac Plus) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 8, 2016
this place was awesome. It's a fun atmosphere and while the work is hard it can be worth it. :) it is for Apple :) you start off with some of the basic stuff then you go on to learn the harder more indepth things
Pros
internal job path help for advancement
Cons
no access to local transit on a daily basis with reliablity
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NBJune 4, 2016
Numbing and annoyingly painful work. Not a good client to represent from a customer service/employee side. It's a very unclean and un-kept work environment. The bathrooms, the carpet, the dust, the lighting. It's frustrating because it has potential to be a really great place... corporate just creates unbearable work standards. I think Minacs has so much it could grow into but right now it is not a workplace I'd recommend to anyone.
Cons
bathrooms, unclean work environment
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 2, 2016
So far I know a lot of people couldn't handle this job since it is a stressful and busy environment but I am managing to stick through it. They should provide better and longer training. It felt that everything moved too quickly and that we didn't have enough time to practice. You have to learn everything quickly at their own pace not even your own. You have to be very knowledgeable and be confident on the phone and all calls are monitored. Some customers are rude and it could be very hurtful at times. The TLs are useless and rude sometimes when I needed help. Some act like they don't care if you are mentally stressed at work. The hours are way too long to work and being on the phone for that long can be irritating. And we don't get paid for breaks/lunches. I would say this job is only temporary. Overall, the best part is that the co-workers are all friendly.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, no paid breaks/lunches
Stereo typical call center
Sales Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 1, 2016
What mattered was production though I do give them credit for trying to help out by giving out "swag". I am sure they could do better though.
Pros
Free lunch, coffee
Cons
just a number
great company, was happy there
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 31, 2016
This was a great company to work for, was happy there for many years. I was sad to be let go after we lost a contract and there was not enough work
Was a good company, Not so much now.
Tier 1 Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in to a computer (that hopefully works), dealing with an array of customers (some of them rude but most quite pleasant) and constantly battling HR and management for schedule accommodations.

I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge of customer service and technical troubleshooting but management here is unbearable. Most of them are condescending, they care more about Apple then they do you as an employee and they tend to coerce individuals into quitting when you approach them about they're wrong doing.

The hardest part of the job is working your butt off and getting fantastic stats only for you to be stuck with night time shifts with no explanation as to why this is occurring. Also, HR handles LOA's and shift change requests very poorly, making taking time off a pain.

The Coworkers are the only thing that keeps you working day after day here, without them you would just be a slave to higher management who only cares about their own well being.

I wouldn't recommend working here for very long unless absolutely necessary.
Pros
good coworkers, good pay
Cons
long hours, poor management, little attention to worker's needs
Call Centre Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 27, 2016
* Taking calls and resolving customer concerns.
*Computer skills and customer service skills learned.
* tough to accommodate some of customer complaints.
*Enjoyed being able to help a customer with a problem
Pros
benefits and social commity
Cons
overtime and extremely angry customers
Okay place to work
Provisioning Advisor/Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2016
Minacs was okay to work at. The staff was nice and the pace of the job was okay but it was stressful and the hours were very long.
horrible place to work
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work! really really really really horrible place to work! Maybe if you enjoy walking the incompetent through mundane tasks, or being consistently yelled at for something you can't control - or being treated like garbage by "supervisors" and "Team Leads" who power trip at every chance they get, or act as if if you should praise them like they are a god - you might...MIGHT like to work for Minacs

2.9