Minacs Group Employee Reviews

It is full of positive people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 28, 2016
I found the hardest part of this job was the stressful nature of the phone calls. Although there is a lot of help around if needed, work peers were always able to help give a hand and information.
Good organization for a step-in-the-door
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2016
The organization is good for new immigrants to get their first call centre job. I do not recommend working here long time as the Rewards and Recognition program and pay scales are way behind compared to other organizations within the industry.
Pros
Easy to get your foot in the door
Cons
Low Wages
Good job if you need a quick cash influx but not good for long-time prospects
Apple Tier 1 Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Management was brought in from other sites/programs and were more concerned about you meeting metrics for arbitrary stats than you actually doing a good job.

Pay was abysmal as well.
Pros
2 weeks paid-training. Nice environment for the most part. Casual dress.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, low opportunity for advancement
Great management and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 11, 2016
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to return to work. They start you off right with in-class training then nesting with mentor support. Then your working independently along side your co-workers. Ongoing support and coaching is available when required. With all the mistakes I have made thus far they still work to keep me working.
You couldn't find better co-workers they are friendly, supportive and willing to help with customers questions when you get stuck on a call or a hug when things get a little over whelming.
The hardest part of the job is finding a chair with arms and all the equipment required to start on time. It's a scavenger hunt but again there is always a co-worker willing to help in the hunt. It has it's issues surrounding Disability access no automatic door buttons on most of the exit doors, and handicapped washrooms are limited to two.
We are looking forward to the new company that has bought Minacs they already have the bathrooms painted and the carpets cleaned!! It will be exciting to see what other changes they have planed.
Pros
Social Club, Ergonomic set up available.
Cons
high stress, paid by the minute
Great work environment
Représentante aux Soutien-Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 10, 2016
The people make you feel happy to go to work. And solving issues for customers does give you a great feeling. I felt respected as a individual by my collegues and management too!
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
low salary, schedule
Review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 10, 2016
Going into work.
Learned to handle rejection.
Leaders always helped.
co-workers always listened.
handling rejection.
leaving work.
Pros
short shifts.
Cons
too much rejection.
Good till they move you
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 8, 2016
I was there 8 months and then they move everyone to a new department with very little help with training almost all on our own and if you fail your fired it was great to start but has gone down hill and almost no pay raise. Its really a soul sucking job if i could give less stars i would
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everthing else
It's great to be in High School again
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working at Minacs is fine , if you enjoyed the juvenile politics of high school. If you can turn a blind eye to a site manager who sexually harrasses "certain" employees, ignore the rate of pay being inconsistent with it's client's rate in the same job, and can conform to a supressed way of life where drama can decide your career, than Minavs is for you. Merit? Forget it! Everything is covered in icing for the first 50 days, then you get to cut into cake and the worms run out. Keep your head down and you'll be fine. They're always watching you.
Pros
Benefits.... eventually.
Cons
Scheduling, booking time off, politics, ants and cochroaches, hypocracy, lack of professionalism, etc....
Well trained Job
Customer Service Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 30, 2016
The trainers at Minacs were well prepared and gave you all the information you needed to excel at the job.

They were very supportive if you had any questions and went above and beyond to make sure that your day went as smooth as possible.
bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 26, 2016
Run from this place all they do is lie and put you down long hours and bad pay also bad benefits so if you are looking for a really bad job then this is your place
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad management
Good Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 23, 2016
No complaints, I enjoyed working there! Good staff, good people working there. Some days were long but most days flew by. I would go back and be part time if that was a possibility.
answering incoming calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  hamiltonAugust 16, 2016
I would answering incoming calls from compaigns. satisfying the customer. I loved working there because the management and co-workers were great
Filthy office. Bad work with too low pay.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2016
Stupid strict about stupid things. 90% of the time I went to the bathroom I had to clean another person's faeces off the toilet seat or urine before I could use one of their stalls. That's not even an exaggeration. It's filthy. They pay only slightly above min wage. You put your body and mind on the line because you will get fat and depressed working this job. My advice? Get the job, take the training and call sick every day there's customer facing time. Then quit at nesting. This place is garbage 0/10. Employees are good, managers treat you like high school students.
Take their training dollars and move on.
Pros
Cons
Literally Everything
bad
top dawg (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2016
Lets start with their slogan:
"We're Different here"
Not we're the best, or number 1 or anything good, just hey we suck most of the time, since we're a call center, and were not bragging about it. I guess theyre trying to be real, but what a let down at the same time.

bathrooms are gross since everybody is fat. Have you went for a bike ride in the rain and got that mud slick trail from your tire slinging mud on your back?... well I always think this, when I check for a stall that has not be violated. How fat do you have to be, to sit down, and miss the line up between your backside and the hole. I dont get it.
Pros
free phallic shaped items to practice your sucking
Cons
you have to share the phallic shappd items and cant take em home
Horrible place to work for
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 5, 2016
Working here was soul draining and very mentally exhausting. First off, majority of the customers are very unpleasant. The rudeness from customers can be bearable if minacs had a good support system but THEY DON'T!!! It's all about kissing butt. Everyone walks around like they have a chip on their shoulder and the atmosphere is very tense. They are going to lie to yo and say it is a fun place to work, don't believe them please run. The money is not worth it
Cons
Great co-workers and cooperative management
CPC Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 5, 2016
-daily activities for all the employees
-monthly draws and competition
-very fun workplace and great co-workers
-typical day at work would be: talking calls, getting coached, getting time off phone to do some self-guided training on new topics/information
Only for the desparate
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2016
This company will never care about you and have absolutely no goal to have quality employees. Quantity over quality.
Pros
guaranteed full time
Cons
guaranteed termination
Worst company I have ever work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2016
No Support , Lies by the TL, No support and expect to perform well.
Few individuals are making the decision.
Management never respond to emails, no benefit for atleast a year for dental. No Washroom breaks, or personal.
Pros
Cons
No Empathy and short notice for meeting.
a very stressful job
email agent (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 29, 2016
Job is stressful
there is always people to help
rated on your calls, handling times
if the customer does not care for advise then they are made
TL are helpful but have a stressful job also
Pros
shift bids
Fast paced and demanding. Good attempts though at lightening the amount of stress on employees
Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 28, 2016
A typical day is taking 100+ calls well having 2-3 minutes in between calls in order to document customer’s concerns.

Things I have learned are the operating/software systems of the radios, and that just because your phone paired to the radio before does not mean it is tested/compatible.

Management: Most are very knowledgeable and attempt to assist you; however some of them are quite discourteous or even rude.
Co-workers: Co-workers are rather delightful and help make the workdays a little easier.

The hardest part of the job is when customer’s call in irate because of another agent or a dealer. You need to mediate the situation and attempt to find out if we can do anything to assist them; most of the time we cannot help them which then leads to a denial.

The most enjoyable part is when you can actually help someone by getting them a rental or pairing their phone to their radio system. As well HR tries to do theme days every month (most people don’t take part) but for those who do it is quite entertaining.
Pros
Theme days, co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with little to no chance of pay increase, little job security

2.9