Millward Brown

Millward Brown Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not too safe
Data Analyst/Spec-Writer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
Nice place to work, nice people.
I learned a lot about the true value in the life work.
Good
Research Executive (Former Employee), BeijingSeptember 4, 2014
Good company culture and working environment;
Need to work very hard, and work overtime almost everyday
Client focused results
Data Processing Executive (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 17, 2014
Maintained quantum programs on tracking studies. Kept questionnaires and programs up to date with continuously changing client requests. Produced tables to reflect these changes.
Tough and changing environment
Junior Research Executive (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: intense and difficult challenges and sporadic changes in environment
Cons: extensially long hours with minimal compensation or incentive
A tough industry to break into regarding the amount expected and required in order to fulfill a single days commitments to not only company but more importantly clients.

An environment conducive to extreme challenges faced within project management and the flow of project resources. Thus converting the process of project management to that of one of – more... crisis management.

Management was unfortunately short staffed much like all our departments as we were a branch office that dealt with major clients in Cape Town. Employees who were more than proficient in their previous positions were promoted to higher levels that required other processes from them that they were not sufficiently trained to handle amicably. This essentially impacted on their work that they were previously comfortable handling, but due to the new requirements of the position have now found that once prior simple task have now become more complicated (too much too soon).

I found that my co workers were all hard workers and determined to derive the best result from their staff and supporting departments for their clients. Long hours (with minimal incentive) may have caused harder and more uncomfortable working environments as the work/life scale was disproportionate. I found that I was overwhelmed y multiple processes and was not provided the correct training and initial environment to understand what was expected of me. Communication between my management tiers was not easy as we were all engulfed in our processes that we assumed all is well. Being a remote branch form Johannesburg and the world intensified the lack of interpersonal communication and flow of responsibilities. Handling different departments such as field or dispatch was difficult as we waited in line for other jobs or communications were rendered helpless.

I enjoyed the hard working environment I was exposed to, it provided me with a solid foundation to understanding interpersonal and departmental communication and the value of understanding every single person's and employee's responsibility and position in the company. Being allowed to see how to manage ever tiers expectations and to become flexible and adapt to changes in the process. Most of important to become problem and solution driven with a dynamic and flexible approach. – less
stressfull
data entry (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILJuly 9, 2014
very stressfull under payed job. and the hours were bad and very rough to handle when you have small children at home.
Convienient but repetitive job.
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee), SandyfordJune 2, 2014
Convenient but repetitive job. Work life balance is good as hours are completely personalized, however the nature of the work is extremely repetitive and draining.
A stagnant yet friendly environement
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: friendly, standard hours, flexible
Cons: little to no growth, poor upper management
A marketing research company that has a couple of production/operations departments for online research. Hours ranged form 8:30-5:30. Many friendly people in an comfortable environment.
na
Client Executive (Current Employee), Warwick, ENGJune 1, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Heavy workload, quick paced environment, hardest part of the job is the expectation to learn as you go with very little training and guidance from management. Most enjoyable part of the job is reviewing creatives and pulling a story together based on data - why has an ad performed well or badly, how have consumers responded to certain things, and the – more... differences across countries. – less
Great team spirit also very enjoyable working on own
Market Researcher/Mystery Shopper (Former Employee), London/ EssexMay 15, 2014
Pros: meeting lots of nice people
Cons: long hours
Gaining respondents views on consumer goods, television marketing advertising, very enjoyable, meeting all sorts of people and children. Hardest part of the job was meeting my daily quota, most enjoyable part of the job - getting paid, travelling to different locations.
great place to work
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2014
Worked there for 5 years. The people and organization are top notch. The benefits are amazing.
Good place to work at
Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2014
Company culture is varied. Employees are extremely friendly and professional.

Good place if you like people.
Supervisors very helpful
Market Researcher (Former Employee), PembrokeshireFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good travel expenses and fair salary
Cons: working outside in all weathers
Good personal organising and time management

Hardest part of the job...getting all the allocated interviews completed in one day

Enjoyable part of the job...being my own boss , managing my own time, getting out and about and meeting all sorts of people
travel and advancment oportunities
Naperville Il Marketing Research Company (Former Employee), rockford ilNovember 3, 2013
Pros: pay, people were wonderful
Cons: relocated out of country
learned all of my computer skill from this company. Was responsbile for the learning and management of several people.
Productive fun at workplace
Marketing Science Executive (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: occasional parties
Cons: long hours
Millward Brown is overall a good company to work with especially if you are employed for a role which is the company's primary business model.

A typical day at work is hectic but the work culture (at least in Mumbai office) is friendly, helping and social.

The management is good and takes good care of efficient employees.
Great place to learn about market research, but horrible work/life balance
Senior Business Analyst, Client Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: learning environment, workplace camaraderie
Cons: no work/life balance, senior management seems detached from realities of day-to-day work life
I have worked at Millward Brown for over 6 years, and recently the company instituted a new service delivery model for the Client Services department.

Taken from the perspective of 10,000 feet up, the new model make sense as it cuts down on redundant work, empowers employees to act more like consultants and boosts job profitability.

Taken from the – more... perspective of the employee, the new model makes for a very challenging work life. There is no longer foundation level support on accounts, and as a result mid-level managers spend a lot of time handling routine tasks or responding to basic client requests. With most of the time spent handling such tasks there is very little time to focus on higher levels tasks such as generating insights for clients or becoming experts in their business. The new model spreads mid-level managers too thin, and as a result long-time clients are becoming frustrated with the reduced level of consultancy they receive from MB and employees are under a great deal of stress.

The new model could be much more effective if employees were responsible for fewer accounts. This would give each employee enough time to handle the more routine tasks, but still allow them to become experts in a clients business and provide the level of consultancy clients are seeking.

MB is a great learning environment and despite the added stress of not having adequate staffing resources there is sense of camaraderie. – less
good place especially for fresh grads. good culture there, lots of new things to learn
RESEARCH EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), 上海市, C23August 1, 2013
Great Company
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 31, 2013
Millward Brown was a great company to work for. The location I worked at closed however.
Exciting enviroment
Doing surveys and hearing various opinions. (Former Employee), RivoniaJuly 31, 2013
Pros: getting incentives
Cons: contract
Getting to be a field worker and interacting with clients from various workplaces
nice part time role
Market Researcher (Former Employee), leamington spaJuly 30, 2013
• Market research via both telephone and face to face interviews. Data analysis, the compiling of data into reports and presentations
• Handling of confidential information, including both personal and financial data
The company is busy
Market research field worker (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPJune 8, 2013
Pros: no working hours
Cons: no basi income
typical day is not having working hours.hours only apply if im helping with editing and back checking.i've learn to be patient and persistant and to be open minded.management is so professional especially communication skills and they were always available to help with any difficulties we tend to come across in field.my co workers were helpful.when – more... one is experiencing hardship we avail ourselves to help.help to us is not work related only we do help outside work.the hardest part is not having basic income and benefits.the enjoyable part not having working hours. – less

1 2 3 4

About Millward Brown

Millward Brown provides market research services, specializing in brand performance, from more than 75 offices in some 50 countries. – Read more

Millward Brown Photos