MillerCoors

MillerCoors Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was very productive
Truck Driver Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Unloading product from the truck, I found out how different retail stores wanted the product put on the floor and in the basement or storerooms and how the store manager, wanted his or her floor to look, like with the product. The different drivers that I assisted were great to work with and the fun about the job was traveling the city.
young team, all learning together
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: innovative sales manager
Cons: little room for advancement
Team was included in outside promos, launches. Each dept had guidelines and worked well within the enitre company.
You DO NOT want to work for this company!!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee), AllMarch 23, 2013
Cons: long hours / lack of support from upper management / no maintenance programs
Upper management of this company lacks morals and ethics. They fire frontline managers at the drop of a hat and let troubled hourly employees float through the system with no accountability. They do not maintain their equipment and the facilities are rundown and dirty.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!
Great people fast paced on the go enviroment
Promotional Brand Manager (Former Employee), Delaware, NJMarch 11, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: events were weekends, job required you to work almost 7 days a week.
A typical day consisted of meeting with distributor representatives and sales representatives to coordinate marketing strategies, making account calls to schedule events and then attending and supervising events up to 4 or 5 nights a week.
Long Day/Nights with little recognition
Middle Management / Upper Management (Former Employee), Milwaukee, wiMarch 7, 2013
Pros: free beer
Cons: everything else
I worked with the company for many years and at many different levels. I've worked both in MillerCoors corporate structure and within the Brewery. I honestly feel like I've lost many years of my life at a company that doesn't appreciate the hard work that it's employees give every day. The company is currently going through a reorganization in which – more... middle-management is being fazed out. This has lead to tension/distrust by the floor employees, job security/feeling unwanted issues for the middle management, and over worked/beaten down for upper management. These are just a few of the many items out there. I strongly suggest speaking with someone that works with the company prior to applying...right now might not be the most opportune time. – less
Passion for Beer
Millennial Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2013
Pros: gratis beer, ability to constantly network, relationships established with distributor reps and management team
Cons: travel issues, including delays and often being stranded. i was considered bad luck chuck to travel with.
My typical work day began with reviewing my previous work days objectives and follow up as needed. Admin work from my home office including: responding to emails, confirming appointments and meeting requests, and preparation for my 10 account calls for the day.
MillerCoors actually has a university system based out of the Milwaukee brewery called MillerCoors – more... University, which provides extensive ongoing training for all employees from new hires to the leadership team. Our portal also offered valuable resources for brand updates, innovation, industry trends and program ordering timelines.
MillerCoors fully encourages career development, growth and offers valuable resources to help employees build their timeline to achieve overall goals within the company. Management does not micro manage, rather trusts direct reports to be self sufficient in problem solving, yet available when needed.
The beer industry is often seen as fun, easy work with lots of perks, but there's actually much more to it. Selling beer has become extremely competitive in the alcohol beverage industry, with new brands and microbreweries launching daily, not to mention the spirits category dominating in alcohol sales.
MillerCoors is segmented by regions and management units within each region. Regular team meetings were scheduled and often included team building exercises. It's important to feel a common bond and comfortable with your peers and direct reports.
My favorite part of the job was enjoying our sponsorships and being able to entertain accounts and sometimes family at Cowboys, UT, Texans games or Rodeo and other sponsored concert events. Traveling to other markets was also a great way to learn best practices in those territories and turn around and incorporate them in our designated markets.
The most difficult part of the job was finding a work/life balance. On Premise works involves regular late night and weekend work so maintaining a personal life and commitment in my relationship was a constant struggle. It takes a very secure partner to understand the work demands in this industry. – less
Fun place to work, great for full time
Chemist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2013
If you can get a full time position, go for it. Everyone I work with is great, however it seems impossible to get from a temporary position to full time employment. If that is your goal, I would advise not to take a temporary position here.

If you are full time you get great benefits, but the temps don't get anything. My ratings reflect those of a – more... temporary employee. – less
Good place to work, but stilted career advancement
Marketing (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2013
Solid company with decent compensation and health benefits. Work/life balance could be better. Not the easiest place to advance professionally.
Working on a packaging line
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Golden, COJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: two one breaks when working a 12 hour shift
Cons: castic chemical cleaning of equipment
This job could be the best some days and the worst other days. In a typical day I get to work at 5:45pm for my shift from 6pm to 6am. I would go to my team meeting and the line leader would talk about safety and what we could expect to package for that night. I would then head over the part of the line that I was working and operate that one machine – more... for the whole shift. I learned how t operate dozens of different types of packaging equipment and safety regulations such as PPE and lock out tag out. I met some really cool people there and made a lot of friends. The management was always a bit harder on temporary employees like myself but were good and fair people. My favorite part of working at Coors were the people and how we became a team over a short amount of time. – less
Long term full time temporary position with no chance of advancement
Shipping, quality controll, forklift opporator (Current Employee), Golden, COJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free/cheep beer, co-workers
Cons: underpaid, no bennifits, no chance for advancement unless you have family there
With all the talk about hiring people full time with benifits, I think was just a way to underpay people for a long amount of time. All the attention to detail I provided on shipping packages lead to no returns for 6 months. Which is kinda unheard of... Then they hired more people and everyone does every job pretty much. Till they messed up and i was – more... put on shipping predominately. – less
Productive and fun
Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2012
Learned a lot in a very supportive atmosphere. Management was very supportive and the free beer was always a plus. Department meetings were productive and fun.
i have a good work history every place i worked tired of working outside
production (Former Employee), Elkton, VADecember 5, 2012
i like to get to work early so i can get things ready i like to keep ahead im always alert im a hard worker that likes to put in a days work im not a lazy person i never miss work im very dependable person i like looking back to see what got done in a days work thats my enjoyment of my job production i get along well with all my coworkers on and off – more... the job i would like to get hired so i would have a good with millercoors job thank you very much – less

December 13, 2012

Try taking a breath... and inserting some punctuation. For starters.

Special Events Intern
Guest Relations Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2012
Pros: networking, free beer, and very fun atmosphere
Cons: salary and only an internship
Planned Special Events in the Miller Inn, Historic Miller Caves, Freds Pub, and Visitor Center. I took the customers needs and wants and made them into reality for their special event. I bets part of my job was watching everyones face as they stood shocked in amazment of their event. The Historic Miller Caves are an amazing place to have a beer paring – more... dinner/event.
Being able to talk to people about the rich history Miller has and how their event would be in such an historic place was the best part of my job. – less
Perfect part time job
Promotional Specialist for MillerCoors (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2012
I get to dress up and work for a few hours to go to bars and restaurants and promote our product. I have a lot of fun interacting with people. My co-workers are also friendly and easy to get along with which makes working even more fun. Almost every one likes beer so it is not hard to get consumers to purchase our product.
fun relaxed atmosphere
Production Technician (Former Employee), Trenton, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: hard to get full time, family cant work there
I only worked there for a short period as a family temp but did enjoy it while it lasted. My typical work day was enjoyable and somewhat laid back.I learned much about production and team work and appreciated it because all my prior work experience was in the medical field. Management was great and always willing to lead when needed. My co-workers were – more... friendly and work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to night shifts staying awake all night because i always worked day shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, benefits,security and the co-workers. – less
Fun to work at, interesting to see the brew process
Brew Worker, ORE (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2012
Pros: learning a new culture, operating a larger forklift, learning new equipment and machines, discounts on products
Cons: not being able to advance into a higher position, working with dangerous chemicals and broken glass
I learned the packaging line of the brewery. I learned that management and unions are a very different environment. I learned the warehouse procedures. Operating a dual load forklift. Had fun loading the trailers learning the computer in where the next pallets were to load in the trailors. Learned the packaging lines and how to service some of the machines. – more... Hardest part of the job was carefully unjamming the bottle line when some of the bottles were broken with out cutting yourself. – less
Avoid at all costs
Information Security Systems Specialist (RACF) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: theft, poor management, procedures to deceave end users
Horrible management with absolutly no morals or ethics especially in the treatment of contractors.
was a great place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2012
Pros: lunch and a productive day
Cons: breaks
a day at work to get all of the orders process and out the door in a orderly manner to meet production to communicate with your supervisors and coworkers with whatever is going on with the line.well when the bottles keep on breaking before going in the machine the most enjoyable day when everything is going fine.
Interesting Place To Work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 2, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits or health coverage
I teamed up with a wonderful person, she taught me everything about the lid-feed. Hardest part was getting our rain gear on to clean and sanitize the line once a month. I thoroughly enjoyed working here.
Very productive and fast-paced environment
Senior Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Eden, NCOctober 1, 2012
Pros: free beer, high speed automation, healthcare, fun culture
A typical work day at MillerCoors involves trying to become the lowest cost producer of our products. This includes trying to elimate waste, produce product faster, and most importantly ensuring the teams work safely. From an automation standpoint, the equipment used to produce, package, and ship the product is done via high speed equipment. The hardest – more... part is knowing that there exist better technology but with budget constraints you have to be innovative in working with older equipment. Enjoyable part is at the end of the day, we can laugh and have a beer with our peers. – less

About MillerCoors

MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put – Read more