MillerCoors

MillerCoors Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely exciting company with lots of resources, should be more responsible corporately with the society
Marketing Director (Former Employee), San Salvador, El SalvadorJune 6, 2013
Pros: free beer and sodas at the offices after work hours
Cons: alcoholic industry
This is a great giant money maker through beer. Has a clear strategy and very well established policies, procedures and best practices. People are better paid than majority of comparable companies. Unfortunately it sells alcohol which does not produce an real benefit to consumers. So, it should revise its corporate conscience to re-invest in the society – more... intensely. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Analytical Technician (Former Employee), Golden, COMay 23, 2013
I enjoyed working at MillerCoors, however I left the company shortly after the merger to go back to school. So while I worked there it was Molson Coors. The people in the lab and throughout the brewery are excellent to work with. The benefits of working at a brewery are enjoyable as well.
Great place to work with nice benefits and vacationn possibilities.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits, perks, and the possibility for great income.
Cons: invisible, nearly impossible direct hiring chances. they prefer indefinite temporary over direct hire.
This is a great place to work if you are able to get into a permanent direct hire position. Everyone stays here once they are a direct employee. The culture and personality of the comapny as a whole would make it a great place to work.
poor benefits
RECEIVING CLERK - DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 21, 2013
work is good and people but the benefits are bad. while employed continued to change operation management
Fun and Interesting milwaukee History
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2013
Excellent Place to work for. Friendly Staff and flexible hours. Really enjoyed coming to work.
Great Company
Multicultural Brand Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Great Marketing Organization
Great People and Work Environment

May 28, 2013

I just applied to sales rep position and was wondering if you had any tips to help land an interview and get hired?

Was run very poorly with bad communication skills
Market Manager (Former Employee), Beverage Distributer/ College point ,Queens NYMay 2, 2013
Pros: mo. thru fri.
Cons: bad managment and low pay scale
You felt like a Fireman with all the fires you had to put out due to poor communication, constantly running from store to store
Excellent Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Golden, COApril 16, 2013
I loved this job, but had transferred to Molson Coors. Excellent benefits.
Beer industry was fun but after Coors merger culture changed
Category Manager (Former Employee), VAApril 11, 2013
Paid well, benefits are good if you can handle the stressors
Was very productive
Truck Driver Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Unloading product from the truck, I found out how different retail stores wanted the product put on the floor and in the basement or storerooms and how the store manager, wanted his or her floor to look, like with the product. The different drivers that I assisted were great to work with and the fun about the job was traveling the city.
young team, all learning together
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: innovative sales manager
Cons: little room for advancement
Team was included in outside promos, launches. Each dept had guidelines and worked well within the enitre company.
You DO NOT want to work for this company!!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee), AllMarch 23, 2013
Cons: long hours / lack of support from upper management / no maintenance programs
Upper management of this company lacks morals and ethics. They fire frontline managers at the drop of a hat and let troubled hourly employees float through the system with no accountability. They do not maintain their equipment and the facilities are rundown and dirty.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!
Great people fast paced on the go enviroment
Promotional Brand Manager (Former Employee), Delaware, NJMarch 11, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: events were weekends, job required you to work almost 7 days a week.
A typical day consisted of meeting with distributor representatives and sales representatives to coordinate marketing strategies, making account calls to schedule events and then attending and supervising events up to 4 or 5 nights a week.
Long Day/Nights with little recognition
Middle Management / Upper Management (Former Employee), Milwaukee, wiMarch 7, 2013
Pros: free beer
Cons: everything else
I worked with the company for many years and at many different levels. I've worked both in MillerCoors corporate structure and within the Brewery. I honestly feel like I've lost many years of my life at a company that doesn't appreciate the hard work that it's employees give every day. The company is currently going through a reorganization in which – more... middle-management is being fazed out. This has lead to tension/distrust by the floor employees, job security/feeling unwanted issues for the middle management, and over worked/beaten down for upper management. These are just a few of the many items out there. I strongly suggest speaking with someone that works with the company prior to applying...right now might not be the most opportune time. – less
Passion for Beer
Millennial Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2013
Pros: gratis beer, ability to constantly network, relationships established with distributor reps and management team
Cons: travel issues, including delays and often being stranded. i was considered bad luck chuck to travel with.
My typical work day began with reviewing my previous work days objectives and follow up as needed. Admin work from my home office including: responding to emails, confirming appointments and meeting requests, and preparation for my 10 account calls for the day.
MillerCoors actually has a university system based out of the Milwaukee brewery called MillerCoors – more... University, which provides extensive ongoing training for all employees from new hires to the leadership team. Our portal also offered valuable resources for brand updates, innovation, industry trends and program ordering timelines.
MillerCoors fully encourages career development, growth and offers valuable resources to help employees build their timeline to achieve overall goals within the company. Management does not micro manage, rather trusts direct reports to be self sufficient in problem solving, yet available when needed.
The beer industry is often seen as fun, easy work with lots of perks, but there's actually much more to it. Selling beer has become extremely competitive in the alcohol beverage industry, with new brands and microbreweries launching daily, not to mention the spirits category dominating in alcohol sales.
MillerCoors is segmented by regions and management units within each region. Regular team meetings were scheduled and often included team building exercises. It's important to feel a common bond and comfortable with your peers and direct reports.
My favorite part of the job was enjoying our sponsorships and being able to entertain accounts and sometimes family at Cowboys, UT, Texans games or Rodeo and other sponsored concert events. Traveling to other markets was also a great way to learn best practices in those territories and turn around and incorporate them in our designated markets.
The most difficult part of the job was finding a work/life balance. On Premise works involves regular late night and weekend work so maintaining a personal life and commitment in my relationship was a constant struggle. It takes a very secure partner to understand the work demands in this industry. – less
Fun place to work, great for full time
Chemist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2013
If you can get a full time position, go for it. Everyone I work with is great, however it seems impossible to get from a temporary position to full time employment. If that is your goal, I would advise not to take a temporary position here.

If you are full time you get great benefits, but the temps don't get anything. My ratings reflect those of a – more... temporary employee. – less
Good place to work, but stilted career advancement
Marketing (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2013
Solid company with decent compensation and health benefits. Work/life balance could be better. Not the easiest place to advance professionally.
Working on a packaging line
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Golden, COJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: two one breaks when working a 12 hour shift
Cons: castic chemical cleaning of equipment
This job could be the best some days and the worst other days. In a typical day I get to work at 5:45pm for my shift from 6pm to 6am. I would go to my team meeting and the line leader would talk about safety and what we could expect to package for that night. I would then head over the part of the line that I was working and operate that one machine – more... for the whole shift. I learned how t operate dozens of different types of packaging equipment and safety regulations such as PPE and lock out tag out. I met some really cool people there and made a lot of friends. The management was always a bit harder on temporary employees like myself but were good and fair people. My favorite part of working at Coors were the people and how we became a team over a short amount of time. – less
Long term full time temporary position with no chance of advancement
Shipping, quality controll, forklift opporator (Current Employee), Golden, COJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free/cheep beer, co-workers
Cons: underpaid, no bennifits, no chance for advancement unless you have family there
With all the talk about hiring people full time with benifits, I think was just a way to underpay people for a long amount of time. All the attention to detail I provided on shipping packages lead to no returns for 6 months. Which is kinda unheard of... Then they hired more people and everyone does every job pretty much. Till they messed up and i was – more... put on shipping predominately. – less
Productive and fun
Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2012
Learned a lot in a very supportive atmosphere. Management was very supportive and the free beer was always a plus. Department meetings were productive and fun.

About MillerCoors

MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put – Read more