MillerCoors

MillerCoors Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Security Department outsourced
Security Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2013
Pros: reduced price on product-beer
Cons: excessive overtime
Security Department outsourced. Would rather not comment.
Excellent Company with Supply Change Challenges
Brewing Optimization Engineer (Project Management) (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: good pay, decent benefits package, great teammates, free beer
Cons: classic operational culture
The company as a whole is solid and weathered a tough economy, however the individual breweries have each struggled with their own cultural and leadership challenges.
The biggest struggle is getting the Integrated Supply Chain to see that standard solutions should be used whenever possible and individual/geographical consideration should be given when – more... it makes sense. – less
Good Workplace
RT Loader (Former Employee), Golden, coJuly 9, 2013
Long hours and many days in a row, but fun place to work with great people.
Safe Company and Friendly People
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Elkton, VAJune 23, 2013
We work 12 hour rotating shifts. Everyday is a little different so it doesn't get boring. I learned to operate double fork forklift, pull lines and operate keg forklift. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. The hardest part is the cold temps and moving kegs.
MillerCoors contract
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Golden, COJune 19, 2013
Pros: hours
MillerCoors was a great place to work as a contractor. I was able to do my day to day job with little to no supervision. I was a trusted part of a growing company and had great working relationships with both CH2M employees and MillerCoors employees.
Productive and supportive work enviroment
Multicultural Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2013
Pros: working from home, creative work place, always something different
Cons: tough to manage work life balance, challenging work schedule
I work from home to manage the MillerCoors relationship with the local distributor and my on-and-off premise retail accounts. Management is supportive and does not micro-manage, but also for autonomy with guidance.
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Analytical Technician (Former Employee), Golden, COMay 23, 2013
I enjoyed working at MillerCoors, however I left the company shortly after the merger to go back to school. So while I worked there it was Molson Coors. The people in the lab and throughout the brewery are excellent to work with. The benefits of working at a brewery are enjoyable as well.
Great place to work with nice benefits and vacationn possibilities.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits, perks, and the possibility for great income.
Cons: invisible, nearly impossible direct hiring chances. they prefer indefinite temporary over direct hire.
This is a great place to work if you are able to get into a permanent direct hire position. Everyone stays here once they are a direct employee. The culture and personality of the comapny as a whole would make it a great place to work.
poor benefits
RECEIVING CLERK - DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 21, 2013
work is good and people but the benefits are bad. while employed continued to change operation management
Fun and Interesting milwaukee History
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2013
Excellent Place to work for. Friendly Staff and flexible hours. Really enjoyed coming to work.
Great Company
Multicultural Brand Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Great Marketing Organization
Great People and Work Environment

– May 28, 2013

I just applied to sales rep position and was wondering if you had any tips to help land an interview and get hired?

Was run very poorly with bad communication skills
Market Manager (Former Employee), Beverage Distributer/ College point ,Queens NYMay 2, 2013
Pros: mo. thru fri.
Cons: bad managment and low pay scale
You felt like a Fireman with all the fires you had to put out due to poor communication, constantly running from store to store
Excellent Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Golden, COApril 16, 2013
I loved this job, but had transferred to Molson Coors. Excellent benefits.
Beer industry was fun but after Coors merger culture changed
Category Manager (Former Employee), VAApril 11, 2013
Paid well, benefits are good if you can handle the stressors
Was very productive
Truck Driver Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Unloading product from the truck, I found out how different retail stores wanted the product put on the floor and in the basement or storerooms and how the store manager, wanted his or her floor to look, like with the product. The different drivers that I assisted were great to work with and the fun about the job was traveling the city.
young team, all learning together
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: innovative sales manager
Cons: little room for advancement
Team was included in outside promos, launches. Each dept had guidelines and worked well within the enitre company.
You DO NOT want to work for this company!!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee), AllMarch 23, 2013
Cons: long hours / lack of support from upper management / no maintenance programs
Upper management of this company lacks morals and ethics. They fire frontline managers at the drop of a hat and let troubled hourly employees float through the system with no accountability. They do not maintain their equipment and the facilities are rundown and dirty.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!
Great people fast paced on the go enviroment
Promotional Brand Manager (Former Employee), Delaware, NJMarch 11, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: events were weekends, job required you to work almost 7 days a week.
A typical day consisted of meeting with distributor representatives and sales representatives to coordinate marketing strategies, making account calls to schedule events and then attending and supervising events up to 4 or 5 nights a week.
Long Day/Nights with little recognition
Middle Management / Upper Management (Former Employee), Milwaukee, wiMarch 7, 2013
Pros: free beer
Cons: everything else
I worked with the company for many years and at many different levels. I've worked both in MillerCoors corporate structure and within the Brewery. I honestly feel like I've lost many years of my life at a company that doesn't appreciate the hard work that it's employees give every day. The company is currently going through a reorganization in which – more... middle-management is being fazed out. This has lead to tension/distrust by the floor employees, job security/feeling unwanted issues for the middle management, and over worked/beaten down for upper management. These are just a few of the many items out there. I strongly suggest speaking with someone that works with the company prior to applying...right now might not be the most opportune time. – less
Passion for Beer
Millennial Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2013
Pros: gratis beer, ability to constantly network, relationships established with distributor reps and management team
Cons: travel issues, including delays and often being stranded. i was considered bad luck chuck to travel with.
My typical work day began with reviewing my previous work days objectives and follow up as needed. Admin work from my home office including: responding to emails, confirming appointments and meeting requests, and preparation for my 10 account calls for the day.
MillerCoors actually has a university system based out of the Milwaukee brewery called MillerCoors – more... University, which provides extensive ongoing training for all employees from new hires to the leadership team. Our portal also offered valuable resources for brand updates, innovation, industry trends and program ordering timelines.
MillerCoors fully encourages career development, growth and offers valuable resources to help employees build their timeline to achieve overall goals within the company. Management does not micro manage, rather trusts direct reports to be self sufficient in problem solving, yet available when needed.
The beer industry is often seen as fun, easy work with lots of perks, but there's actually much more to it. Selling beer has become extremely competitive in the alcohol beverage industry, with new brands and microbreweries launching daily, not to mention the spirits category dominating in alcohol sales.
MillerCoors is segmented by regions and management units within each region. Regular team meetings were scheduled and often included team building exercises. It's important to feel a common bond and comfortable with your peers and direct reports.
My favorite part of the job was enjoying our sponsorships and being able to entertain accounts and sometimes family at Cowboys, UT, Texans games or Rodeo and other sponsored concert events. Traveling to other markets was also a great way to learn best practices in those territories and turn around and incorporate them in our designated markets.
The most difficult part of the job was finding a work/life balance. On Premise works involves regular late night and weekend work so maintaining a personal life and commitment in my relationship was a constant struggle. It takes a very secure partner to understand the work demands in this industry. – less

About MillerCoors

MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put – Read more