MillerCoors

MillerCoors Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to start your beverage/CPG career
Chain Account Executive (Current Employee), Mid WestNovember 26, 2013
Pros: competitive salary, established and stable company
Good place to start your beverage/CPG career. Will build up your sales and marketing muscle.
Great Place to Work at RMBC
Maintenance Inspect set-up Technician 1 (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, CONovember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons: 4x4 rotating work shift monthly
Company constantly trying to provide the correct cultural environment. This company is progressing positively forward.
Always Be Closing corporate mentality; Great laid back regional office, but not for home-based employees
On-Premise Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: monthly beer budget, entertaining customers at fun events, training
Cons: stressful, work events on weekends, bad weather, no consistent interaction with co-workers
-Typical Day: review objectives for each account on the day's route, drive to storage unit/distributor to load up car with necessary support materials, make 10 physical account calls, recap each visit in my living route plan, communicate sales to the distributor rep for each respective account to ensure product gets shipped in.
-Experience Gained: Ability – more... to manage a large number of projects simultaneously, route planning, great sales experience, relationship building with customers, creative problem solving, in depth beer, brewing, and draft system knowledge.
-Management: I am lucky enough to be in a market with a regional office, which has allowed me to get much more face time with management across multiple functions than many of my counterparts across the country. My first direct manager was an extremely competitive, "always be closing" type of individual. He was eventually promoted. My next direct manager was less aggressive and placed a higher value on providing "solutions" that would actually make sense for the account, rather than just making the sale. He recently left the company, and now my former boss is supervising my team until a replacement is hired.
-Co-workers: Of the team I went through onboarding with, only myself and one other are still with the company out of an original 4. Being on my own all day driving in between sales calls has made me value the idea of having a real office workspace in my next job. There has been very little in person interaction with my co-workers in this role because we all have our own account lists and are home-based.
-Hardest Part of the Job: It is exhausting to literally drive around all day, and frustrating when there is excess traffic. Hitting the desired 10 accounts per day is also challenging because of individual account contacts' schedules and geographic locations of accounts. Having no admin time is also frustrating, because the last thing I want to do upon coming home is turn in sign requests for new features/plan my route for the following week/submit expense reports/log mileage. The most frustrating aspect is that it sometimes seems that even if I do everything right, programs still sometimes fall apart - unexpectedly out of stock product, distributor's sign shop making an obscene amount of errors on signage, failure by rep to ship in product, etc.
-Most Enjoyable Part: Finally getting a sale you've been working on for a while is a great feeling; it's even better when the product/feature is a huge success in the account. Interacting with consumers is also often enjoyable and educational. I value the relationships that I have built with the retailers I call on, and with the distributor sales reps in conjunction with whom I work. I love talking about and educating people on beer - styles, taste profiles, history, etc. One of my favorite aspects of this position has been turning consumers and retailers on to beers they might never have considered during sampling events or meetings. I also feel that I have gained an immense amount of knowledge and experience in this role that will be beneficial in future positions. – less
Great place.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Irwindale, CAOctober 13, 2013
Great management. Good co-workers. Learned alot as I sharpened my skills.
Great Company
On Premise Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2013
Good company with great work culture. Lots of travel and some of the best work experience I've ever had.
Change in Leadership
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2013
Pros: working with distributors
Cons: none at the time
The typical Day was working directly with Distributor principals, engaging the sales team to focus on your portfolio in a multi brand house. This was my favorite part of the job. The company has changed ownership since I left, so I can not speak to it now
Challenging myself
Business Readiness Lead for Packaging (Current Employee), Burton-On-Trent, ENGSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: diversity of task, constant learning
Cons: politics
The first thing I do when I get up in the morning whilst the kettle is boiling is to log on to the system to see how the line is performing and check that what the reports are saying is correct. If I find anything unusual I'll contact the shift manager to see what is going on. When I reach the office I'll attend the Daily Operation Review meeting to – more... get an oversight of the lines overall performance from the last 24 hours and then analysis the data against the reports.
After the DOR I attend the Site Operations Review meeting to report the Brewery KPI scores for the last 24 hours and assign actions to the relevant person for feedback at the next review meeting.
The rest of the day is taken up with varying meetings on a varied range of topics from discussing training needs analysis, training requirements, project communications, weekly KPI's, continuity planning, production requirements.
Since I have been in the role I've learnt to delegate more, communicate more affectively in meetings and prioritisation of tasks. I report in to three different mangers on a weekly basis and I'm constantly looking at the ways that they work to gain skills and experience of how to act in the right way. I have trust in my managers and we have regular honest feedback sessions.
My relationship with my co-workers is good as we share knowledge and skills to help each other achieve our goals, I'm the only person on the project with the knowledge of the area so am relied on for that knowledge and I like to impart that on to others so that they have the same level of understanding.
The politics of working for a large company is probably the hardest part of my job. I'm open and honest and I see the easiest way to get things done. I become frustrated when what I want to deliver is held up due to politics.
Working on a project that covers a large part of the business with everyday being different makes it so enjoyable. I will have a plan for the day that will constantly change and having to constantly be on my toes and be ready for the next challenge is what motivates me.
Just before I retire at the end of the day I have one last check of the line and a final call if required, ready to do it all again the next day. – less
This company gave me opportunities beyond my expectations. Benefits were exceptional.
LOGISTICS ANALYST, Exel Transportation (Former Employee), Eden, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Overall excellent company for which to work. I had the opportunity to travel. Interacted with all levels of management including the Plant Manager and Corporate VIPs. Was well paid and appreciated. They also encouraged outside Community activities at which I excell i.e. planning company functions and was the Coordinator for a Miller sponsored Habitat – more... for Humanity Home. – less
Fun workplace
Senior Resource Planner (Former Employee), Golden, COSeptember 4, 2013
Loved interacting with the people.
Too many meetings.
Management issues.
Great company
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fulton, NYAugust 26, 2013
Great company to work for. Allowed cross training on any and all machinery. Allowed advancement. Management listened to employees. Co-workers were great-watched and covered each other.
Unfortunately, they had to close that location and due to unions we could not transfer to different locations.
Great, stable company with varied opportunities
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free parking, on-site healthcare and gym
A good place to work for those that enjoy working in team environments, using up to date applications and equipment.
Nice place to work.
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2013
A very nice place to work. Good working environment. International company with fast growth during economy recession.
Amazing company to work for!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2013
Working as a brand ambassador for Miller Coors was a fun, exciting, and rewarding job. The team felt more like a family and the work didn't feel like work.
On - Premise Representative
ON-PREMISE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Edison, NJAugust 3, 2013
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: lack of work life balance
• Developed and maintained selling relationships with 60 high-image, high-volume on-premise retailers in key young-adult markets in South Jersey
• Extensive knowledge of local on-premise trade dynamics
• Lead all consumer focused retail programs in accounts
• Developed strong relationships with on-premise accounts to provide programming and exposure – more... to CBC Brands
• Communicated opportunities and achievements to Regional and distributor sales teams
• Developed strong working relationships with accounts, distributor sales professionals, and team
• Tracked and analyzed sales numbers on a weekly basis
• Achieved financial targets and managed budget – less
Security Department outsourced
Security Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2013
Pros: reduced price on product-beer
Cons: excessive overtime
Security Department outsourced. Would rather not comment.
Excellent Company with Supply Change Challenges
Brewing Optimization Engineer (Project Management) (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: good pay, decent benefits package, great teammates, free beer
Cons: classic operational culture
The company as a whole is solid and weathered a tough economy, however the individual breweries have each struggled with their own cultural and leadership challenges.
The biggest struggle is getting the Integrated Supply Chain to see that standard solutions should be used whenever possible and individual/geographical consideration should be given when – more... it makes sense. – less
Good Workplace
RT Loader (Former Employee), Golden, coJuly 9, 2013
Long hours and many days in a row, but fun place to work with great people.
Safe Company and Friendly People
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Elkton, VAJune 23, 2013
We work 12 hour rotating shifts. Everyday is a little different so it doesn't get boring. I learned to operate double fork forklift, pull lines and operate keg forklift. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. The hardest part is the cold temps and moving kegs.
MillerCoors contract
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Golden, COJune 19, 2013
Pros: hours
MillerCoors was a great place to work as a contractor. I was able to do my day to day job with little to no supervision. I was a trusted part of a growing company and had great working relationships with both CH2M employees and MillerCoors employees.
Productive and supportive work enviroment
Multicultural Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2013
Pros: working from home, creative work place, always something different
Cons: tough to manage work life balance, challenging work schedule
I work from home to manage the MillerCoors relationship with the local distributor and my on-and-off premise retail accounts. Management is supportive and does not micro-manage, but also for autonomy with guidance.

About MillerCoors

MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put – Read more