MILLER THOMSON Employee Review

View all MILLER THOMSON reviews

i was a floater but there wasn't enough work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 October 2013
The people were friendly and helpful but job security was very poor.
Pros
Great people to work with excellent salary
Cons
office politics were disappointing

Other MILLER THOMSON Employee Reviews

great place to work
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 August 2017
Good place to work and many opportunities to advance and relocate across Canada due to the number of offices that they have.
They offer continous training and webairs for their employees to ensure that you skills are up to date.
Always available for employees and will offer assistance and guidance
Pros
many perks for their employees
ZERO work/life balance
Real Estate Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 July 2017
Despite the terrible reputation of the Miller Thomson Guelph Office, I decided to give it a chance and see how it was for myself. I didn't last!
Almost 20 years experience did not prepare me for this firm. I watched over 12 employees come and go in one year in one department. Some so fed up they just walked out, others on medical stress leave!
The hot and cold treatment by the lawyers, the unrealistic timelines and the sheer volume (up to 30 deals a week per person) was enough to make me see that this was not the firm for me. Over time was mandatory! Just to make it though a week, it could range from 15-30 hours per person.
On top of all of that, even after asking for help, our manager was unable to do anything for us.
There is a serious flaw in how the department is managed; right down to printers being removed so we could become "paperless"; in a world where paper is mandatory.
Not to mention, the pay scale is completely unfair and not confidential in any way. Vacations are cancelled, even when trips are booked. And sometimes just refused altogether.
Cons
excessive overtime, unrealistic deadlines, no empathy for staff, vacations are cancelled or refused