Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.

Miller Electric Manufacturing Co. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Co-workers were amazing, the job environment was also just as good. Management knew everything they needed to an more which helped us out a lot. Very enjoyable work place and atmosphere.
Shutdown so all about work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Palatka, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: having a trusting journeyman that let me work
Cons: 7/12 hour days
It isnt a bad company to work for,personally I like feeling like Im working WITH an entity.Anyway,It was good for me because my journeyman was union and he foundout I didnt need a babysitter and he left me to do all the work (that was GREAT!!!!)Hardest part about a week into 7/12 hour days,starts wearing on you.typical day : running pipe,wire and terminating – more... your runs.Whatever it took. – less
Great company
assembler (Former Employee), Spencer StreetSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: i was only a temp so i did not receive any benefits
worked to assemble welders. I learned to complete work in a timely manner. The management was fair. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was that there were always 1 or 2 workers that wandered away from the work station and left more work for the rest of the crew. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasant work enviroment and the coworkers.
Wish they could attain more work in the Savannah area
Electrician's Apprentice (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
This was a decent company to work for. I learned a lot from my foreman and was actually placed in a supervisory position for certain tasks.
Very fun and up tempo.
Apprentice (Former Employee), Jacksonville floridaJune 30, 2014
i loved this job it provided meet with great leadership skills. Never had a bad day on the job.
extreamly large company with grerat leadership
Apprentice/ Electrician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2014
loved my time at Miller Electric Co. it was where i learned the trade
Productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLMay 8, 2014
Pros: good pay rates, vacation pay, holiday pay, healthcare availability and having a company vehicle to drive home and to go to each work site with
A typical day at work was running electric through out a new house and putting up fixtures when ready. I was always learning new things about electrical work everyday. The management was very knowledgable about the job. My co-workers were nice to work with and would help out where needed. The hardest part of the job was training other people who claimed – more... they knew how to do the work. The most enjoyable part was learning a trade skill that I could have gotten a license for. – less
Team oriented
Intern (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 21, 2014
Its an ITW based company which has some pretty good benefits for families and individuals
Contracter
Electrician (Former Employee), Kingston, tnJanuary 13, 2014
Wire pulls and fiber optic work. most of these types of jobs have no longevity
nice hours
Temp Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WINovember 6, 2013
Pros: people and type of work
Cons: low wage and pretty much being a temp.
work was fun and easy...people were nice...but noticed it was almost impossible to get direct hired..unless you sucked a bleep...and be the bleeps of the company.
Great people that work there.
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WIOctober 14, 2013
Great people. Always willing to lend a hand. It was a boring job but the people there made the time go by fast.
Learning experience
Electrician Helper (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the knowledge of the electrical world
Cons: not many jobs that stay around long
I worked with a Journeyman, that I helped with the every day task of testing live wires, installing lights, and electrical outlets. Running pipe for the wire to stay out of contact with eachother and the environment that might damage it or cause complications to the world that they power.
Miller is an awesome corporation to work for.
Internship (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 1, 2013
Pros: working for the world's foremost leader in welding power sources
Cons: wisconsin
I had a wonderful time during my internship at Miller Electric. The products and people there were truly amazing. Too bad it is located in Wisconsin.
Great people, culture, and environment!!
Operations Intern (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 22, 2013
Overall a great work place! People are always willing to help out and they know what they are doing! Smart and wise folks. However career advancement is limited.
Miller Electric is an Excellent company to work for. they acquire good contracts and keep their clients satisfied.
Network installer technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2013
Working on a corporate campus maintaining Data Center and providing support for telephony team. A typical day can consist of
installing and servers, switches and routers and the required cabling.
Perform add, moves and changes to campus communications set-up. All requests are made through a ticketing system. a ticket comes in I analyze and get all required – more... material and hardware. Check port availability and assign ports. Task is completed and ticket is closed. – less
Very professional and safety conscious environment.
Construction Wireman (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: high quality work and time sensitive while being safety conscious.
Care about their employees, extremely professional and safety conscious. Ideal place to obtain field experience.
started with professionals ended with low class under qualified over payed
Electrician Helper Class CW1B (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: working with no tools
when i started at this company it was great i was learning from some of the best but when the cut their budget the hired subpare employes who made more money than me yet i was the one fixing the hire payed mans srew up thats not right in any profession so i lost my respect for the company
roughing/ trim
roughing/trim (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLAugust 31, 2012
arrive at work site around 8am unload equipment then started our daily tasks on a billing sheet.
Productive and good people to work for and with
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee), York, PAMay 15, 2012
Pros: was able to take off for hunting, trips to see my family.
Cons: can't think of any cons.
Interesting job sites. I learned more about commerical wiring. My co workers are the best. The hardest part about the job was bending conduit, but I did it. Would like to continue working for them, they really worked with me and my schedule.
Excellent work atmosphere
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 1, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits and incentives
Daily tasks included assembling products on the line. Testing fixtures were at necessary stations to ensure product is within customer specifications. Lots of detailed, technical work. Employees were great to work with, made an excellent team and management was also great. Everyone was always upbeat and motivating.

About Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.

Grainger is no strangerĀ to those in need of a wide variety of industrial products. W.W. Grainger distributes more thanĀ one million – Read more