Miller Electric Manufacturing Co. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day at miller
Electrician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2015
Pros: didnt have to pay for gas to get to the work site
Cons: no ac, not getting paid enough
pull in parking lot with brother. put may tools in work van. wait until door opens. find out where you are working while you check in. load van, joke around with coworkers, drive to destination and start working. work until lunch. eat lunch, work until job is done. drive back to warehouse. clock back in.

i learned what a true days work feels like. i learned that the heat is no fun. how to wire a house, how to put in an oven, and how to put up lights

my co-workers were a bunch of hardworking men who have a long history of drug abuse alcoholism and smoking problems. but besides that they are really caring and love their jobs.

the management was good they knew what they were doing

the hardest part of the job was learning all of the information at once and trying to do it perfect and doing it fast

the most enjoyable part of the job was building a relationship with the workers there
Hard working and Family Oriented
Weld Engineer Intern/Lab Support Technician (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 4, 2015
Friendly environment and helpful for your success. Many different opportunities to succeed in the company. Fun and time passes quickly.
over all pleasant experience
Picker / Packer (Current Employee), Appleton, WIOctober 24, 2015
Cons: has being hired as temps not sure when time is up if there is a job for you.
Miller has been an enjoyable place to work, great people, some politics, most larger company have. over all it's been great.
worked for them at melbourne airport
Electrician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: pleasant mgt that i worked under
Cons: travel to jax airport was 140 miles each way....
I worked with miller electric in 2002 at jax airport and again this year at Melbourne airport. enjoyed working with them on both jobs. very easy to work with. mgt tried to get material asap never really ad any trouble working with anyone either time I worked with them
Great company to work for, just sorry the contract did not last longer.
Tool/Material Manager (Former Employee), Deridder, LAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for, really look out for their employees. Great wages while employed with them.
Cons: Short contract, lack of work
Great company to work for, treated everyone fair. Really took each one of their employees to heart. Would love the opportunity to work with them again. Pay was really great.
productive and fun place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: respect for eachother
Cons: the weather
Positive atmospher, great pay and room for advancement. I loved to go to work because everyday was different and I liked that alot.
Clean safe work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Melbourne FloridaJune 9, 2015
Pros: I was skilled and experienced at this job, acclamation was easy
Cons: long work day, longevity was not expected
Good management, advancement was easy by performance. Information and blue prints readily available for use towards production. Good tools supplied
Fun and highly professional workplace
electrical engineering intern (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 8, 2015
Its a very good company to work if you are looking long term benefits. The company is not very open to newcomers but once you enter you can very well place yourself in the company.
many hours of overtime
slide line associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a month
Cons: two 10 minute breaks for 10 hours of work
5 days of 10 hours and 8 hours every Saturday.
I learned my knowledge of capacitors.
management had very little to do with employees.
co-workers were good teachers.
Family Oriented Company
Intellectual Property Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 13, 2015
Everyone was always very professional and helpful. I was surrounded by very respective family oriented co-workers and management with positive attitudes. I loved working there.
Productive workplace, diverse customer base
Manager Sales Operations (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: work life balance, benefits
Cons: blue collar environment, difficult job settings, demanding customer base
Great company, ability to wear multiple hats, great work life balance. Ability to work with multiple trades and learn important duties of each.
Random Job
Electrician / Data Tech (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Don't really remember anything about this place. It was more or less a pit-stop.
Friendly and productive environment.
senior power electronic engineer (Former Employee), Appleton, WisconsinJanuary 23, 2015
There were a creative and friendly environment with a strong team. there were determined to deliver high performance product.
Travel long distances for work with low pay
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: lots of travel and low pay
A typical day consists of driving over an hour to work on personal time working all day and getting little appreciation for the work you did. Also there was very little room for advancement within the company so there was not much incentive to stay.
Liked working in the VA.
F/A Electrician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Loved working on the fire alarm. Great place to be working. Loved the food.
Not for me
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Mohall, NDDecember 8, 2014
No advancement potentential
No qualified helpers available
No challenges, except the cold weather
Awesome place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Co-workers were amazing, the job environment was also just as good. Management knew everything they needed to an more which helped us out a lot. Very enjoyable work place and atmosphere.
Shutdown so all about work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Palatka, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: having a trusting journeyman that let me work
Cons: 7/12 hour days
It isnt a bad company to work for,personally I like feeling like Im working WITH an entity.Anyway,It was good for me because my journeyman was union and he foundout I didnt need a babysitter and he left me to do all the work (that was GREAT!!!!)Hardest part about a week into 7/12 hour days,starts wearing on you.typical day : running pipe,wire and terminating your runs.Whatever it took.
Great company
assembler (Former Employee), Spencer StreetSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: i was only a temp so i did not receive any benefits
worked to assemble welders. I learned to complete work in a timely manner. The management was fair. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was that there were always 1 or 2 workers that wandered away from the work station and left more work for the rest of the crew. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasant work enviroment and the coworkers.
Wish they could attain more work in the Savannah area
Electrician's Apprentice (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
This was a decent company to work for. I learned a lot from my foreman and was actually placed in a supervisory position for certain tasks.