Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.

Miller Electric Manufacturing Co. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
extreamly large company with grerat leadership
Apprentice/ Electrician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2014
loved my time at Miller Electric Co. it was where i learned the trade
Productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLMay 8, 2014
Pros: good pay rates, vacation pay, holiday pay, healthcare availability and having a company vehicle to drive home and to go to each work site with
A typical day at work was running electric through out a new house and putting up fixtures when ready. I was always learning new things about electrical work everyday. The management was very knowledgable about the job. My co-workers were nice to work with and would help out where needed. The hardest part of the job was training other people who claimed – more... they knew how to do the work. The most enjoyable part was learning a trade skill that I could have gotten a license for. – less
Team oriented
Intern (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 21, 2014
Its an ITW based company which has some pretty good benefits for families and individuals
Contracter
Electrician (Former Employee), Kingston, tnJanuary 13, 2014
Wire pulls and fiber optic work. most of these types of jobs have no longevity
nice hours
Temp Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WINovember 6, 2013
Pros: people and type of work
Cons: low wage and pretty much being a temp.
work was fun and easy...people were nice...but noticed it was almost impossible to get direct hired..unless you sucked a bleep...and be the bleeps of the company.
Great people that work there.
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WIOctober 14, 2013
Great people. Always willing to lend a hand. It was a boring job but the people there made the time go by fast.
Learning experience
Electrician Helper (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the knowledge of the electrical world
Cons: not many jobs that stay around long
I worked with a Journeyman, that I helped with the every day task of testing live wires, installing lights, and electrical outlets. Running pipe for the wire to stay out of contact with eachother and the environment that might damage it or cause complications to the world that they power.
Miller is an awesome corporation to work for.
Internship (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 1, 2013
Pros: working for the world's foremost leader in welding power sources
Cons: wisconsin
I had a wonderful time during my internship at Miller Electric. The products and people there were truly amazing. Too bad it is located in Wisconsin.
Great people, culture, and environment!!
Operations Intern (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 22, 2013
Overall a great work place! People are always willing to help out and they know what they are doing! Smart and wise folks. However career advancement is limited.
Miller Electric is an Excellent company to work for. they acquire good contracts and keep their clients satisfied.
Network installer technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2013
Working on a corporate campus maintaining Data Center and providing support for telephony team. A typical day can consist of
installing and servers, switches and routers and the required cabling.
Perform add, moves and changes to campus communications set-up. All requests are made through a ticketing system. a ticket comes in I analyze and get all required – more... material and hardware. Check port availability and assign ports. Task is completed and ticket is closed. – less
Very professional and safety conscious environment.
Construction Wireman (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: high quality work and time sensitive while being safety conscious.
Care about their employees, extremely professional and safety conscious. Ideal place to obtain field experience.
started with professionals ended with low class under qualified over payed
Electrician Helper Class CW1B (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: working with no tools
when i started at this company it was great i was learning from some of the best but when the cut their budget the hired subpare employes who made more money than me yet i was the one fixing the hire payed mans srew up thats not right in any profession so i lost my respect for the company
roughing/ trim
roughing/trim (Former Employee), Mount Dora, FLAugust 31, 2012
arrive at work site around 8am unload equipment then started our daily tasks on a billing sheet.
Productive and good people to work for and with
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee), York, PAMay 15, 2012
Pros: was able to take off for hunting, trips to see my family.
Cons: can't think of any cons.
Interesting job sites. I learned more about commerical wiring. My co workers are the best. The hardest part about the job was bending conduit, but I did it. Would like to continue working for them, they really worked with me and my schedule.
Excellent work atmosphere
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 1, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits and incentives
Daily tasks included assembling products on the line. Testing fixtures were at necessary stations to ensure product is within customer specifications. Lots of detailed, technical work. Employees were great to work with, made an excellent team and management was also great. Everyone was always upbeat and motivating.
Enjoy the people I have met and friends I've made as an electrician.
Electrician/Foreman (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 2, 2012
Pros: company values, safety
Cons: job sercurity
Enjoy going to work everyday for a different challenge, all of the personalitys. I liked helping my coworkers through different challenges that they had in the work place and their personal life. Coordinating with the different crafts to make each job to flow easier and to make deadlines. The hardest part of my job is to make each worker feel that their – more... important to the project and not just there drawing a paycheck. – less
Great Place to work and learn
Data Helper (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2012
Pros: learn as you work, great pay, after you have been there for six months..
Cons: get laid off.
I loved this company, great people, great place to learn. Great pay.
Not a great place to work for if you have young children.
assembler (Former Employee), 1635 w spencer appleton wi 54956February 29, 2012
Cons: hard to comunicate with the higher ups.
The job's are great but if you have any kind of personal life that can interfere with the company they are not understanding of that.
Needs more respectful employees.
Assembler (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: free lunches, pay, benefits
Cons: co-workers
Management is great. However, there are a number of workers who have been long time employees that do not take their jobs seriously. They do not treat new employees with respect, and I will never want anyone I know to work there. Overtime hours are ridiculous, because people refuse to work at the pace they should be.

About Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.

Grainger is no strangerĀ to those in need of a wide variety of industrial products. W.W. Grainger distributes more thanĀ one million – Read more