Category: Real Estate Application Development/Programming
Job Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Reports To: Client Delivery Manager, Real Estate Solutions
Reporting to the Client Delivery Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the support, development, testing, maintenance and implementation of moderate to complex applications. This person will also liaise with other developers, team leads, project managers, business analysts and end users regarding the development and implementation of various applications utilizing a variety of technologies.
- Provides support, maintenance and enhancements to existing production applications in a timely and accurate manner to minimize outage time and increase effectiveness of business
- Assists in the planning, design and deployment of enhancements to existing applications
- Develops and unit tests moderate to complex bug fixes/enhancements to existing programs/modules according to specific business and design requirements in an efficient and accurate manner
- Participates in the development of detailed system/design documents to meet development methodology and to facilitate knowledge transfer as well as increasing application maintainability
- Participates in application design sessions and code reviews/walkthroughs to ensure accuracy towards business requirements and development guidelines and increase technical skills through knowledge transfer. Keeps abreast of development technologies, both current and future.
- University Degree or College Diploma and/or a minimum 5 years experience in a computer related field
- 4+ years of development experience with Java including JSP/Servlet
- 4+ years of experience with SQL (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- 4+ years of Web server development experience ( ASP, .Net, Java Frameworks)
- 4+ years experience using HTTP/HTML/XML protocols/languages
- 2+ years experience Unix Shell scripting
- Microsoft Bing Maps or Google Maps experience an asset
- Adobe Acrobat Professional experience an asset
- Delphi experience an asset
- Experience with the following operating systems, web servers, etc: Solaris 10, Windows NT/XP, Tomcat, Apache, RCS
- Knowledge of the Real Estate Industry an asset
- Results oriented
- Able to think outside of the box
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Process oriented
- You must have prior legal authorization to work in the location for which you are applying.
- Relocation assistance is not available with this opportunity.
Indeed - 5 months ago