Position: Senior Manager, Learning and Development
Position Status: Regular Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
Location: Etobicoke, ON
The Senior Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for leading the team accountable for the execution of all training initiatives/programs and deliverables in fulfillment of supporting internal and external clients. The role will focus on all stages of the design and development lifecycle as well as ensure the quality and effectiveness of all training delivery within the contact centres
In fulfilling the role, the Senior Manager , Learning and Development will have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of training and development and the proven ability to manage the end-to-end training design and delivery processes while motivating local and remote team members while satisfying internal and external clients.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee, and when required, design training according to established learning methodology e.g. ADDIE, Kirkpatrick.
- Manage and track initiatives throughout the training life cycle utilizing standards outlined by Training and Development organization.
- In partnership with external clients and support of the training team, ensure the initiative scope, objectives, task ownerships and deliverables are clearly defined and documented; liaise with Subject Matter Experts, as required, throughout the design and development process for content validation
- Work with the operations and training team to develop measurement and evaluation tools to test the effectiveness of the training developed
- Analyze training effectiveness, using a variety of measurement levels, and lead improvement recommendations through to implementation and post implementation evaluation.
- Ensure development and maintenance of Contact Centre’s training calendars
- Represent training in monthly business operations meetings to address forecasts, learning curve performance metrics and team capacity
- Provide timely feedback to Operational and Workforce Management departments on learning performance trends and opportunities
- Demonstrate leadership while conducting initiative management in a professional manner
- Conduct formal and informal coaching and provide professional and personal development to Instructional Designers and Training Specialists
- Ensure appropriate and cost effective departmental staffing levels are maintained to meet organizational goals and budgets and to exceed internal and external partner satisfaction
- Build effective relationships with internal and external clients and business partners throughout project management life cycle
- Liaise with Client Training Leads and Senior Representatives, Operations Management, Directors and occasional review with the VP Contact Centre Operations.
- Expert knowledge and application of adult learning principles and appropriate instructional design methods to the development of learning products
- Experience in the design and development of training for all three main delivery methods: self-directed, facilitated classroom and web-based
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on projects varying in complexity and of strategic importance to clients and the enterprise
- Formal Instructional Design or e-Learning certification/accreditation with a minimum of 5 years experience supporting call centre operations and financial services organizations
- Completion of an Adult Education certificate/University Degree or related education/experience will be considered
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio
- Familiarity with Lectora would be an asset
- Proven ability to interpret information to develop, recommend and implement innovative and/or logical solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and relationship building skills. Ability to lead teams in capturing business requirements (technical and non-technical), processes and operational documentation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, with proven ability to achieve within an unstructured environment and willingness to take on challenges with continuously evolving software and services
- Well developed leadership skills - managing remote teams would be an asset
- In-depth experience in ADDIE methodology; training delivery, development, implementation/delivery and measurement
Special Requirements: Credit and Criminal Background Check
We thank everyone for their interest; however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In order to be considered for an internal employment opportunity, you must have a satisfactory performance history.
M1 Soluitions is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 17 months ago