Position: Manager, IT Service Management
Position Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Information Technology
Location: Ottawa, ON
The IT Service Manager is responsible for the management of IT Service Desk and Service Management functions, leveraging ITIL based best practices to support the ongoing delivery of IT Services to internal and external clients in a consistent, high quality manner. In addition, the IT Service Manager will oversee major incidents through to their resolution, and conduct thorough problem reviews following major incidents, leading the organization through the process of identifying and assigning corrective actions aimed at increasing operational performance, system availability and overall efficiency improvement.
The Service Manager shall cultivate and manage a team of specialists responsible for Service Desk activities, as well as Issues Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Request Management and Configuration and Asset Management functions. These functions will be carried out subject to prescribed Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Operational Level Agreement (OLA) commitments, in a 7x24x365 environment.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Service Delivery Assurance (50%)
- Oversee the effective management and resolution of all Incident, Problem, Change, Release and Request items related to IT systems and services.
- Full responsibility for Major Incident resolution including communications; Coordinating all parties to rectify incidents and to ensure acceptable work-arounds during periods of impact, where available
- Conducting Problem Reviews following major incidents, with attention to sequence of events, root cause, corrective actions and future improvements in process and technology that prevent or reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Ensure the effective handling of urgent and complex support issues and priority requests, acting as the first point of escalation.
- Develop and maintain all policies and procedures, ensuring continuous achievement of Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Operational Level Agreement (OLA) targets, while providing proactive, clear and reliable communications across the organization. Key Policy and Procedure accountabilities include:
Release and Deployment Management
IT Security & Support
- Develop and maintain emergency response / disaster recovery procedures including communications and IT recovery plans. Acts as the de facto Chair of IT Emergency Response activities including War Room / Command Centre coordination & communication functions.
- Ensure regular security audits are performed according to schedule.
- Develop forecasts for expected workload that informs team sizing and capacity decisions. Develop and maintain staff schedules to ensure sufficient coverage and capacity to achieve service targets.
- Oversee day to day staff activities, ensuring effective use of paid time and ensuing staff occupancy and productive to paid targets are met.
Staff Development and Information Management (20%)
- Train, coach and mentor IT Service Desk and Service Management specialists, ensuring staff are effectively prepared for and maintain minimum performance levels for the applicable role(s) as defined. Identifying opportunities to cross train or leverage staff for other IT roles across the organization, building toward these outcomes as part of the career development plan.
- Partner with Business Clients to identify more cost effective means to support IT Service Delivery and Service Management goals, providing quarterly recommendations for improvement and optimization to the Director, IT.
- Develop and maintain applicable job description / job posting materials, training and development materials, technical guides, and departmental policy, process and procedure artifacts.
- Develop and maintain an effective knowledge base / repository of information supporting Service Desk and Service Management functions, ensuring that the aggregated experiences of the organization related to incidents, problems, changes, releases and requests become valuable tools for triage, resolution and continuous improvement efforts.
Performance Reporting and Client Relationship Management (20%)
- Define and secure client and business partner agreement on key metrics to be included in departmental scorecard and daily/weekly/monthly and ad hoc performance reports, ensuring alignment with SLA and OLA committed measures.
- Produce scorecard and performance reports as defined in the schedule signed off by the Director, IT.
- Establish and Chair recurring meetings to review results with key IT and Business stakeholders.
- Organize and lead deep dive exercises into recurring or high impact incidents and overall trends, and in response, formulate recommendations that will inform technology investment and/or operational process decisions that reduce the frequency, duration and impact of these issues.
IT Asset and IT Vendor / Contract Management (10%)
- Define and maintain a process and related tools that will allow for the cataloguing and management of IT assets deployed across the organization, not limited to server / computing devices, peripherals and appliances, circuits, telephone numbers, etc
- Ensure that a full audit is conducted at least once per 12 month cycle, followed by the issuance of a full report outlining changes to the asset inventory with explanation where these were not anticipated
- Maintain a complete list of all IT service vendors with pertinent contact details for each and a description of services acquired from each. Track and refresh expiring Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Master Agreement (MA), Maintenance & Support Agreement (MSA) and/or Software license title and related Keys. Ensure that no agreements are allowed to lapse without the specific direction of the Director, IT or Chief Financial Officer.
- A track record of success with respect to managing a 24/7 Service Desk environment, delivering excellent technical customer service
- Strong technical knowledge across application support, MS Windows Service Active Directory, contact centre and desktop support
- People management experience and demonstrated leadership skills
- A relevant IT tertiary qualification and /or equivalent training and experience
- Formal Training and experience in a recognised Service Delivery model (i.e. ITIL),
- Proven ability to develop budgets and effectively manage financial, physical and Human Resources
- Demonstrated ability to lead and to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical and non - technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
Position Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Special Requirements: Credit and Criminal Background Check
We thank everyone for their interest; however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In order to be considered for an internal employment opportunity, you must have a satisfactory performance history.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 19 months ago