Title: Manager, Operations (Back Office)
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Department: Credit Cards
As a Manager Operations, you provide end to end support and oversight to all Back Office functions of the Wal-mart Credit Card Team (Credit, Fraud Detection, Fraud Recoveries & Investigations, Chargeback Processing, Settlement & Reconciliation, Financial Transactions, and Fulfillment). You will be reporting into the Director Credit Card Operations. The key responsibility you will have issupporting client expectations and working with operations management to drive improvements and manage changes.
- Provide a single point of contact for the client across all Back Office functions to offer expedited service and consistent message delivery. Maintain dashboards and action logs effectively to capture all issues and items and work with operations management for resolution. Point of contact for escalations as required. Strong communication with Director to provide timely information and business updates.
- Regular review and maintenance of SOPs, job aids, ad hoc reporting, communications and training material. Understanding of contractual requirements for each area with oversight on service levels for phone and offline tasks with the intent of mitigating financial, legal,and reputational risk. Work with Contact Centre Manager to improve process consistency between Back Office functions and Contact Centre.
- Utilize process knowledge to provide cost assessment support for procedural/SOP changes. Work with finance team to ensure ongoing profitability for all work efforts conducted in Back Office operations.
- Act as a single point of contact (liaison) between Back Office operations and other lines of business/support services such as Contact Centre, Risk and Compliance, Quality, Training, HR, Helpdesk/IT and BCP.
- Operational consulting and support as required. Occasional requirement to backfill to operational management gaps during leaves of absence, vacation, special projects, etc.Support existing management as required. Training of new management into Back Office operations. Work with executive team to establish expectations for management tasks (ie. coaching requirements). Review and design operational goals and objectives each year.
- Lead responsibility for all operational project implementation. Work closely with project management team to facilitate all operational timelines and requirements.
- Regular scheduled process reviews for all Back Office department procedures to focus on efficiency improvement to drive results. Analyze data and make recommendations to client and Operations Management with identified opportunities.
- Provide oversight and participate as required in the completion of operational audits. Work with operations management and compliance to ensure risk control matrixes are completed and updated as required.
- 5+ Years Expertise in all Back Office functions of a credit card portfolio.
- 5+ Years Client relationship management experience required.
- 5-10 Years Operational management experience required.
- 5-10 Years Previous financial services experience required.
- Exceptional communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work within time constraints.
- Working knowledge of PCs and strong keyboarding skills (min 25 wpm).
- Must have flexibility and willingness to work outside of business hours as required.
- The chosen candidate must successfully pass both criminal and credit checks prior to commencing employment.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Relocation Assistance will not be provided for this role
We would like to thank all those who apply, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -