Reporting to a Supervisor of Risk Operations, you will perform analysis and investigation of activity on credit card accounts that have been identified as potentially fraudulent. Your work will include a risk of fraud assessment based on account reviews and contact with card holders and merchants. Manages and investigates cases utilizing fraud data base to look for commonalities and relationships with fraud cases. Prepares and provides evidence of fraud to client to allow them to determine whether to pursue criminal action. You will have financial loss minimization goals and targets that will roll up to an overall unit effectiveness goal.
- Review and assess the validity of all claims of fraud from cardholders
- Utilize a detailed understanding of established processes and procedures, when processing all fraud claims.
- Analyze and determine the type and nature of fraudulent activity to confirm legitimacy of the claim by the cardholder. Ensure the correct fraud type is indicated and that all systems.
- Refer all cases over $10K to the Sr. Fraud Investigators for challenge if the fraud claim is deemed invalid or requires investigation.
- Prepare and submit financial adjustments on accounts
- Conduct a review into the fraudulent activity on all credit card accounts assigned irrespective of the source.
- Maintain working knowledge of MasterCard, operating regulations and policies as they pertain to fraud reporting, chargebacks and representations.
- Participate in the development and training of peers in procedural or technological matters as they arise.
- Maintain statistical information pertaining to manual fraud files, as appropriate.
- Prepare cases for chargeback process
- Assist with other departmental tasks as assigned
- 1 to 3 years of fraud detection or loss prevention experience
- Proven history of dependability
- Ability to navigate in multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer
- Flexibility with schedule as business needs arise
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to use good, sound judgment in decision making
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers
- Ability to work in a fast paced contact center environment
Successful candidates must pass a criminal and credit check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago