Position: Credit Representative (Bilingual)
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Credit Card Operations
Location: 85 The East Mall, Toronto Ontario
Collection of credit card accounts with ongoing risk assessment, while providing a high degree of customer service. Your commercial portfolio will contain small to medium size business accounts with various levels of credit risk. Maintain accounts receivable within work plan targets while maximizing profitable sales. Assist in area of credit card application adjudication, dealing with same account type. Support inbound call line within a team environment.
- Maintaining/exceeding established standards and targets for accounts receivable performance, credit risk management, and inbound / outbound call lines.
- Administering and controlling credit terms and limits while maintaining awareness of achieving a healthy balance of receivable, sales, profitability and service objectives.
- Identifying high risk/past due accounts requiring collection, credit cancellation/credit reinstatement, third party assignment and initiating/recommending appropriate action.
- Assessing credit worthiness of prospective customers and approving / recommending and negotiating credit terms and limits appropriate to the customer’s requirements and ability.
- Nature of collection work requires tact and composure in handling conflict and stressful situations while maintaining high level of customer service and retaining goodwill.
- Fluent in English and French
- Excellent telephone communication skills with emphasis on customer service
- Good listening and negotiation skills
- Credit/collection situations also require problem solving, some analytical skills, and general knowledge of the business environment which will assist with fraud detection
- Ability to communicate tactfully to various levels of business management in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret / effectively utilize credit bureau reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and able to “talk & type”
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible, reliable, conscientious and able to follow directions.
- Prioritization skills required to manage a heavy workload.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are an asset.
Successful candidates must pass a criminal and credit check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago