Millennium 1 Solutions Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment, great management.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Garson, ON16 January 2018
The work environment is the perfect mix of relaxed and professional. The management is above every other standard I have seen. The company takes member service quality and their information security to a whole new level. Very often do they have on location events such as free drinks and donuts, pizza days, casual weeks, and luncheons.

Very happy to have worked there.
Pros
Amazing management, fun environment with coworkers, computer access in break room, Coffee and espresso machines provided to no cost, Shuttle service is available for free for any employee taking public transit
Cons
The commute is a bit much and the location is out of the way.
Excellent opportunity
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON10 January 2018
Good training and review processes with employees. Work culture was excellent. Good location. Fast paced and liked learning new procedures. Liked the ability to select from different hours.
hours and mgt
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
In the Toronto office you have 1 or 2 managers that empathize but typically the managers are clueless, and inexperienced. They schedule you for overtime hrs without asking.The job seems to be a lot compared to what you are being paid.They do not rotate the hours so everyone gets the weekend and weekday shifts depending on the skill set.
Pros
Temp work when you need it
Cons
Overtime hrs without asking
Good if you are starting a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2017
Nice co-workers.
Free Coffee/Hot drinks.
Extensive paid training (in class & nesting) is provided.
Limited connectivity of TTC.
No Mobile/Cell. Varying schedules.
fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 December 2017
very quiet and nice work environment. perfect for beginners. gives a lot of benefits. friendly management.working hours may include weekends and different shifts
Last Option Kind of Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
Long hours. Rotation shifts. They are NOT flexible at all with their shifts. Management is terrible. Bad communication. Favoritism. Favoritism. Favoritism.

High stress job and you don't get enough time to decompress even though u have 3 breaks. They feel so short because during your two 15mns break:
- It takes u a few mns to go to ur locker (all ur things are locked in there including ur phone. it's like a prison).
-The building is so big it feels like it takes like 5mns to go to the bathroom from the locker room.
-By the time u do all that, ur break is over. U might as well have stayed in ur seat during that 15mns and relax.

But u can't cause u don't really have ur own space and u just need to breathe. If u have anxiety...definitely not the best job unless it's like ur only option until u find a new one. The only good thing was meeting new friends and talking to them about how rude the customers are to help us cope.
Pros
u get paid, unless they mess up ur payment which they'll sometimes do and won't fix it right away, meeting new people.
Cons
no work life balance, not enough breaks, work like a machine, not treated like a person, just an employee or robot
The worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS30 November 2017
Millennium 1 Solutions is not the best place to work for. The management are either too spineless to speak up for themselves or let their positions get rid their heads. For the most part, the clients sucked. I would never go back there no matter what.
Pros
Cons
low pay for the job
Horrible. Don’t do it
Email customer rep (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 November 2017
Tried to take 2 emergency days, my dad went for emergency surgery and called me to tell me not to return. Horrible people, minimum wage. Very racist. Not understanding
Monkey Business
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 November 2017
The only good side of this company are the entry level employees who are the actual ones who make things work.
This company is falling apart due to poor management and unprofessional staff members. Their HR manager has no clue of what is happening outside of his office and leaves everything to the team leaders who are just a bunch of actors running the show. Slavery at its best.
Good life balance
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 October 2017
Personally i love my coworkers and my supervisers.
They always help for the shift. They are very undertanding.

Wé always have free meals.

The only issue is the low pay.
Pros
Lunch. Shifts. Great people
Cons
Pay. Location
Monkey Business and Shady Staff
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2017
This company is falling apart due to poor management and unprofessional staff members. Their CEO has no clue of what is happening outside of his office and leaves everything to the team leaders who are just a bunch of actors. Slavery at its best.

Message to the CEO:
If you were a hopeless person then not everyone must be the same. Be professional or just quit.
worst place ive ever worked at
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 October 2017
they dont train you properly, the team leads dont know anything, the breaks and days off are messed up, you can only go to the bathroom on breaks and HR dosent have a clue of what they are doing. It was the biggest waste of time ever.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything but co-workers
it was okay
Call Centre Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2017
they're pretty harsh by posting your results on a white board in front of everyone but lots of places are like that. overall it was fine, but I worked with best buy and it sucked because they were way too much about certain things like clocking out for bathroom breaks, or doing perfectly in training.
Great place to work at and job advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bells Corners, ON18 October 2017
I was pleasantly surprised when I applied to M1S as it is the most impressive call center that I have ever worked at. Everyone is very friendly and there are lot of events that they have for the employees such as BBQ's, Ice cream day, just to name a few. They really encourage personal growth and promoting from within. This is the best call center I have ever worked at! I would definitely recommend it to someone wanting to work in a call center environment!
Pros
Benefits, Career Advancement, Friendly Environment
Cons
No company is perfect
An accepting and willingness place to make goals acheivable
Customer Experience Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS5 October 2017
When I am getting ready to come into work in the morning, I look forward to the familiar friendly faces I know I am about to see. I have met some really awesome people in the last five years that I am happy to call co-workers and friends. I have learned and have excelled from my co-workers and management. I started out as a CSR and with encouragement and help from the team, I now hold a position to better the customer experience. My Team Lead helped me over come my insecurities of trying new things in the workplace when new positions came available. We as a team take pride in what we do on daily basis as well as have multiple members of the team take on community events and fundraisers that mean so much to them. We have many cultures in our work environment, and are all accepting of each other. The hardest part of my job is when I see a co-worker having a difficult day for whatever the reason may be, but the best and enjoyable part of my day is when I can go to them and ask what I can do for them and you can see the appreciation.
Pros
A great bulding to work in
Cons
Long hours at times
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2017
Started working here last year and I have really enjoyed my time. The company is great with team collaboration and growth.
The managers are very friendly and approachable.

For people who have a bad association with call centers, we are definitely one of the best as we work with some great companies and don't do cold calling like other call centers.

The company also does a lot of great social events and games. Every other week there is some sort of game or event going on. In the summer there are plenty of BBQs for the team.
And for every seasonal holiday there is usually a theme day with games and prizes.

Also great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Building could use an upgrade
productive and friendly environment
Retailer (Former Employee) –  Canada3 October 2017
typical day was when it was too busy and i didn't get the break
i learned about energy about electricity and natural gas and how it works
i improved my communication skills and learned how to sign up the client and how to work on database for service system
Mangement and workplace culture was gud
I never felt anything hardest over there as i was enjoying that work because everyday i learnt new things about ATCO energy which was wonderful.
Pros
the break was paid
This is a good second job if you are married
Senior Claims Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 September 2017
Ok place to work. The staff is friendly and the hours are flexible. Get holidays off. Great atmosphere. There is room for advancement within the company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rate of pay
Not worth it..
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2017
During training they make you think it's going to be awesome, but in reality it is a truly vile place to work. Think of it more as a jail where every second must be accounted for. You wanna go use the bathroom? Your pay gets docked. It's just a very daunting job where you are worked to the bone.
Pros
They pay you?
Cons
Low pay, poor management, long hours.
Millennium 1 Solutions
UAT LEAD - Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Great environment, and amazing Management. Fast paced and rewarding. Company with a great culture!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millennium 1 Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9