Position: Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Position Status: Regular Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
Department: Human Resources
The Sr. HRBP is a key point of contact for the Ottawa office/region. In this role, the Sr. HRBP plays a critical role in building organizational capability, growing talent, and fostering a respectful and supportive culture. They will act as an employee and business champion, change agent and consultative partner to employees and management. They will collaborate with leaders, key managers and all areas of the HR team to develop and drive HR strategies that allow us to attract, develop and retain top talent. This role is responsible to advise managers and employees on strategic and tactical HR issues and ensures that the Ottawa regions unique needs are reflected in the delivery of HR processes, tools and services. In addition to the day to day support the Sr. HRBP will be responsible for:
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Acts as an internal consultant by establishing trust and credibility with leaders. Acts as sounding board on organizational and people issues. Maintains a thorough understanding of the region’s goals, direction and business plans. Partners with leaders within the region to identify opportunities to enhance processes, capabilities and overall culture.
- Provide coaching, advice and conflict resolution support to leadership team on people management issues and their impact on performance. Determines root causes of issues and recommends appropriate plans for resolution. If necessary, conducts thorough investigations.
- Supports in the design and facilitation of succession plans for key talent and key job positions within the region.
- Drives annual talent review process for the region. Ensures that leadership team are participating in performance management program. Coaches’ managers on the process of addressing performance related employment issues and preparation of development plans.
- Partners with HR Analyst to deliver and administer compensation programs. Consult with managers to identify opportunities for promotions, career growth and compensation adjustments. Facilitates annual merit increase program for region.
- Supports HR Leadership in creation of annual business plans and budgets.
- Facilitates and supports all change management within the region.
- Interprets and implements HR policies and procedures for managers and employees. Proactively evaluates and presents suggestions for new HR programs, policies or procedures. Continually aware of current HR ‘best practices’.
- Develops internal HR communication material specific to Human Resources policies and procedures or other internal business needs.
- Assist in facilitating corporate on-boarding training program within the region
- Prepares reports and analyzes data/metrics from HRIS for information reporting, management decision making and to drive improved HR efficiencies.
- Effectively manage disability claims management processes/program.
- Provide leadership on HR project work as assigned.
- Formal Human Resources education at the post-secondary level required.
- Minimum 8+ years HR generalist experience, 3 years at a Sr. HRBP level
- CHRP designation considered a strong asset
- Exceptional problem solver with ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrated Business Acumen. Comfortable representing HR on a leadership team
- Ability to execute quality in a very fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Team player and willing mentor
- Ability to multi-task, take action and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/difficult situations with understanding, and tact
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Highly motivated, outgoing, professional and caring individual
- Occasional travel required
- Prior HR Call Center experience would be an asset
- Through knowledge of current employment legislation
Position Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Special Requirements: Credit & Criminal Background Check
We thank everyone for their interest; however only qualified candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted. In order to be considered for an internal
employment opportunity, you must have a satisfactory performance history.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
**Please note calls from 3rd party staffing firm will not be accepted**