Position: Corporate Legal Assistant
Position Status: Part-time Open Contract (with possibility for summer employment)
Location: 85 The East Mall, Etobicoke, ON
We are seeking a part-time contract Corporate Legal Assistant to join our Toronto office. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to Legal Counsel in the areas of Employment, Litigation, Corporate Commercial and Governance, Contracts, Insurance and various projects with a variety of administrative and general office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Drafting, editing, revising and proofreading legal documents for content, grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency and accuracy;
- Administrative support; and
- Billing support.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant in the areas of Employment, Litigation, Corporate Commercial and Governance, Contracts and Insurance;
- Certificate/Diploma in Legal Administration/Legal Assistance or equivalent work experience;
- Broad legal knowledge and skills with experience in multiple legal areas is an asset;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills;
- Good listening skills along with the ability to listen and follow direction;
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently as required;
- Strong proficiency in Word, Adobe, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Our ideal candidate is proactive, flexible, creative and demonstrates a positive attitude.
Position Reports to: Legal Counsel
Special Requirements: Credit and Criminal Background Check
We thank everyone for their interest. However, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In order to be considered for an internal employment opportunity, you must have a satisfactory performance history.
Millennium1Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.