Position: IT Systems Engineer - Server and Storage/Archive Systems
Position Status: Full Time
Hours of Work: Business Hours
Department: Information Technology
Location: 85 The East Mall, Etobicoke
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for effective design, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and ongoing maintenance of all server and storage/archive hardware/software and related infrastructure. While this individual will participate in technical research and ongoing projects / optimization initiatives, the primary function of this role is the ongoing management and maintenance of systems ensuring that system hardware, operating systems, software systems are also designed, built and managed in accordance with defined procedures.
- Engineer server/storage solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Develop, document, and maintain installation, system hardening and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Complete assigned tasks to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of server/storage hardware/software to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Document procedures and solutions where current documentation is lacking.
- Complete time logs to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers.
- Understand PCI compliance requirements and adhere to policies.
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework
- Participation in change management process.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Ability to communicate in English in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Participate in on-call rotation to keep systems running to meet business service levels
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Travel to corporate data centers is required periodically.
- Knowledge of various infrastructure and middleware technologies such as LDAP, Group Policy, Identity Management, Digital Certificates, TCP/IP, IIS, SharePoint, Crystal Enterprise/Business Objects, Pega, Captiva, WebSphere MQ, MSMQ
Position Reports to: Manager, Infrastructure and Operations
Millennium 1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 6 months ago