Position: IT Service Desk Administrator (Junior)
Position Status: Regular Full Time
Hours: 24/7 (SHIFT HOURS APPLY)
Department: Information Technology
Location: Ottawa, ON
The IT Service Desk Administrator is responsible for supporting the assignment, tracking and resolution of service Incidents impacting the availability and performance of our technology infrastructure.
With a IT / technical background, the IT Service Desk Administrator will provide excellent customer service, communicating with internal and external clients and stakeholders, ensuring adequate support for Analysts.
The IT Service Administrator will assist department staff and perform special projects and other duties as required, ensuring adherence to company policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Initial point of contact for users requiring assistance with information technology issues, including requests and issues primarily via telephone and email;
- Timely acknowledgement of requests and issues, executing initial triage / information gathering activities and logging the request or issue in the specified Incident Management System;
- As applicable, performing Tier 1 support in an effort to provide resolution, or assigning logged requests and issues to applicable resources as required;
- Ensure timely acknowledgement and remediation activities by assigned resources, executing follow-up and then escalation per company policy as required;
- Monitor ticket queues, ensuring equitable distribution of assigned work to technical resources
- Ensure timely escalation of issues to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams, where required by Severity or Priority and/or Service Level Agreement or Senior Management direction;
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams by providing ongoing, scheduled updates to stakeholders throughout the life of a request or incident;
- Ensure fulsome capture of Incident activity and closure / post mortem notes, and providing necessary updates to both Knowledge Base and IT Policy & Procedure Guides, as necessary;
- Complete daily status reports and shift handover reports to ensure continuity;
- Provide updates to management team on ongoing high profile incidents;
- Maintain user account access through Active Directory;
- Ensure departmental compliance with internal controls and policies, as applicable;
- Provide support to various departmental quality / performance testing and procedures review activities
- Undertake other project activities as required
- Previous working experience in an IT Service Desk environment. A technical Diploma, Degree or Certification is a strong asset
- Technical knowledge supporting PC hardware and common applications including Microsoft operating systems (2000, NT, XP, Vista & 7), Active Directory, Citrix, VPN, Network. Experience supporting telephony and contact centre tools is a strong asset
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel. Visio and Powerpoint proficiency is a strong asset
- A self-directed team player with a strong desire to succeed and a high degree of enthusiasm, integrity and adaptability
- Well-developed problem solving skills with an interest in process mapping and continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in English. French proficiency is a strong asset
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment, including rotational shift covering evenings, weekends and holidays as well as scheduled on-call support
Position Reports to: Manager, IT Service Desk
Special Requirements: Credit and Criminal Background Check
We thank everyone for their interest; however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In order to be considered for an internal employment opportunity, you must have a satisfactory performance history.
M1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.