Position: Credit Analyst
Position Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours of Work: Saturday and Sunday, 11 am-7pm
Department: Credit Card Operations
Location: 85 The East Mall, Toronto Ontario
Collection of credit card accounts with ongoing risk assessment, while providing a high degree of customer service. You will also support a commercial portfolio which will contain small to medium size business accounts with various levels of credit risk. Maintain accounts receivable within work plan targets while maximizing profitable sales. Assist in area of credit card application adjudication, dealing with same account type. Support inbound call line within a team environment.
Essential Function/Key Metrics:
- Maintaining/exceeding established standards and targets for accounts receivable performance, credit risk management, and inbound / outbound call lines.
- Administering and controlling credit terms and limits while maintaining awareness of achieving a healthy balance of receivable, sales, profitability and service objectives.
- Identifying high risk/past due accounts requiring collection, credit cancellation/credit reinstatement, third party assignment and initiating/recommending appropriate action.
- Assessing credit worthiness of prospective customers and approving / recommending and negotiating credit terms and limits appropriate to the customer’s requirements and ability.
- Nature of collection work requires tact and composure in handling conflict and stressful situations while maintaining high level of customer service and retaining goodwill.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent telephone communication skills with emphasis on customer service
- Good listening and negotiation skills
- Credit/collection situations also require problem solving, some analytical skills, and general knowledge of the business environment which will assist with fraud detection
- Ability to communicate tactfully to various levels of business management in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret / effectively utilize credit bureau reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and able to “talk & type”
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible, reliable, conscientious and able to follow directions.
- Prioritization skills required to manage a heavy workload.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are an asset.
Position Reports to: Credit Manager
Special Requirements: All candidates for this role will be required to conduct thorough Criminal and Credit checks prior to commencing work.
Please apply through our website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=MPGI&jobId=15832&lang=en_CA
We thank everyone for their interest; however only qualified candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted. In order to be considered for an internal
employment opportunity, you must have a satisfactory performance history.
M1S is an equal opportunity employer.