Milestones Employee Reviews

good place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 April 2017
Milestones was a great place to work had a blast with the staff and management lots of culture and great food.and i really recommend people to go eat there
Great place to work!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
The head chef was extremely nice, and everyone was extremely knowledgeable about cooking. Each shift was well structured, and controlled, with a great front of house management team.
Depressing Environement
Prep Cook and Dishwasher/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 April 2017
Not a great job to have unless your management. Treated like the dirt in the dish pit. Fun to learn recipes but the management is not the greatest as they degrade you any opportunity they get.
Got many hours for scholarship
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 April 2017
Great workplace everyone is a team player take care of each other, great place to have had made my 1000 hours possible in leading me to get a scholarship.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mismatched hours at times
Productive and very welcoming work environment
Suate chef (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 March 2017
Everyone on the staff gets along with eachother, HOH and FOH, all employees are very welcoming and you are always greeted when you arrive by the management. Everyone is hardworking and always helping eachother out if they need a hand. overall milestones is a very good place to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
some slow hours
Awsome job!
Lead Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
Great place to work! Very corporate and structured environment. They focus on behavior to make it an awesome workplace. People who have bad attitudes do not last long at Milestones due to the focus on behavior.
Pros
Free meals, goood morale.
Cons
Can feel as though you are in a cult due to the focus on behavior.
Fun, Learning, Great food, Excellent staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
I love working for hospitality and customer service this job is very enjoyable and rewarding.
The restaurant works under CARA where there is always online training and constant updates from improving guest quality, up selling techniques to food health and safety.
How ever there are hardly any hours because the management team over staffed the current location I work at.
Pros
Great environment, Tips on top of wage
Cons
Over staffed, low hours
it's okay.
Development Coach (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2017
The location I worked at was owned by a franchisee. Not the best decision in my opinion. The Milestones culture is outstanding but the owners will run you down and out with it. There's not place for advancement and you won't see a raise for many many many years and if you do, it'll be $0.15. I wouldn't suggest it. High turn over because of management.

Hours are based on customer flow (which is normal). Your "full time" position quickly changes to "part time" because then they don't have to give you more than 25 hours a week.
Pros
great friends
Cons
horribly managed
Fast paced but rewarding.
Line Cook (Fry) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
It's a fast placed workplace with not much room for slacking off. I learned a decent amount about food and preparation while there which was nice when applied to every day life. Hardly any breaks if any. Good environment with friendly but focused cooks.
A family friendly dining experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 February 2017
The ideal serving job. Unless you're the day-long/closing server, bartender or manager your shift is usually fairly short and sweet. Management effectively staffs according to peak business times and makes cuts appropriately. They also assess the strength of their team and will reward strong servers with larger sections.
Pros
50% off staff meals!
Cons
Shorter shifts mean smaller cheques.
Great while you're a student
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
Flexible scheduling.
Good pay and opportunities for advancement.
Slow location.
Varying management styles (not always a bad thing), but lack of synergy amongst management.
Had high-turnover with GM's. I believe 3 or 4 during my employment.
Productive fun
LEAD SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 February 2017
Excellent management team, kitchen was the great fun staff great guests loved this job would work there again. potato potato potato potato potato potato
Great Team
Host (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2017
Working at Milestones has allowed me to work both individually and as a part of a larger team. Staff and Management has always been welcoming and willing to teach me new skills in order to progress my learning.
A great place to learn all the different aspects of restaurants.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
A typical day involved opening the restaurant and preparing for the massive amount of people who frequented the restaurant. I was a bartender/server so I always had more than enough to keep me busy.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Many double shifts.
loved my work
Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
i loved working for this company. if it was not for injury i would still be working for them. my only complaint is that as a kitchen attendant i didn t get enough hours.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
not enough hours
very productive and great learning environment
(Cara) (Restaurant Manager) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 December 2016
Great working environment and very nice team. I learned a lot about management and how to deal with different guests. The hardest part was sometimes you get some special guests. Overall a very satisfying experience
fun place, friendly people
Busboy/Host (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 August 2016
come into work greeted by the kitchen staff. walk out front to the desk to start work. greet customers seat them to their table. when no t seating costumers. we would socialize among each other.
Pros
Fun
Cons
rude customers
productive fun and challenging at times
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB9 May 2016
great place to work for just not for me so much anymore a typical day would be me plating and ensuring the food quality was at or above par
Nice place to work
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
Decent place to work, Very nice environment. however the quality of food was sub par and my standards as a chef are of a higher quality, This is why I wanted something fresh.
Pros
good environment
Cons
quality of food
Milestones is great.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 January 2016
Haven't worked there long enough to review, so far its been really good. I always have something to do, its always fairly busy. The management is really great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestones. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval