Milestones Employee Reviews

A great place to learn all the different aspects of restaurants.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
A typical day involved opening the restaurant and preparing for the massive amount of people who frequented the restaurant. I was a bartender/server so I always had more than enough to keep me busy.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Many double shifts.
very productive and great learning environment
(Cara) (Restaurant Manager) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 December 2016
Great working environment and very nice team. I learned a lot about management and how to deal with different guests. The hardest part was sometimes you get some special guests. Overall a very satisfying experience
loved my work
Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
i loved working for this company. if it was not for injury i would still be working for them. my only complaint is that as a kitchen attendant i didn t get enough hours.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
not enough hours
Productive fun
LEAD SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 February 2017
Excellent management team, kitchen was the great fun staff great guests loved this job would work there again. potato potato potato potato potato potato
fun place, friendly people
Busboy/Host (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 August 2016
come into work greeted by the kitchen staff. walk out front to the desk to start work. greet customers seat them to their table. when no t seating costumers. we would socialize among each other.
Pros
Fun
Cons
rude customers
Nice place to work
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
Decent place to work, Very nice environment. however the quality of food was sub par and my standards as a chef are of a higher quality, This is why I wanted something fresh.
Pros
good environment
Cons
quality of food
productive fun and challenging at times
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB9 May 2016
great place to work for just not for me so much anymore a typical day would be me plating and ensuring the food quality was at or above par
Amazing place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 January 2016
Always busy, promotes team work, learning to deal with an array of different personalities and situations, Management and co workers are amazing, hardest part of the job is becoming efficient with the vast menu, best part of the job is getting to interact with people every day.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
N/A
Very fun workplace
Hobart (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON25 January 2016
Hardest part of the job would be the hour change. Closing one night and opening the next takes a toll on the body. But other than that the people were very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Very wet
Unproductive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 January 2016
Not the best working enviroment. My school schedule was hardly ever respected and in return I was making basically no money off it which is why I quit so soon
Pros
half of food
Cons
Bad management
Milestones is great.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 January 2016
Haven't worked there long enough to review, so far its been really good. I always have something to do, its always fairly busy. The management is really great.
milestones
Waitress (Former Employee) –  toronto, ON27 June 2015
Keep area clean
Shine wine glasses
Cutlery
Introduce myself to the costumers
Drink or meal promotions (suggestive selling)
Running food
Circulation pattern + Team work
1. wait station
2. bar
3. section/ buddy section manicuring
4.ho bart (drop dishes look left for clean ones to bring out)
5.wait station (yell 2 hands when able to help team members)
Checking to see that the costumers remain satisfied
Guest recovery
Billing
Answer phone
Pros
teamwork
Great first fine dining job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 December 2015
I learned alot at milestones when it comes to food handling skills, proper etiquette, and doing things correctly every single time
Pros
Great stepping stone
Cons
you must be careful, they watch everything
milestones is a great company to work for, good team.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2016
AWESOME PROS OUTWEIGH CONS- Great Staff, Great Management.
Busy and long hours but thats just how it works in every restaurant
Organized, fast pace environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 May 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up your workstation and stocking before service. One of the things I have learned while working there is how to master brunch. Management was awesome to work with. Co workers were amazing as well. The hardest part of the job was Brunch service. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and how smoothly everything ran.
Pros
50% of meals
Cons
Working every weekend
Fantastic experience
Expeditor and Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2015
A full 8 hours of work surrounded by hard working driven individuals who came together as a great team.
Fantastic leadership with a positive driving force and clear ambition to further increase the positive reputation of the restaurant.
Management was mainly honest and straight forward with clear intentions and a well managed floor.
Hardest part of the job was definitely the massive lunch and dinner rushes that kept you moving at the fastest pace.
Great atmosphere, people, and management. Loads of techniques learnt from patient experience staff.
Pros
Free lunch, good people, good hours
Cons
Overtime was scarce to come by.
Great place to serve
Bartender/Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 September 2015
Milestones was a great place to serve, they are very customer service driven and eager to please. I served and managed in multiple locations, the standards were always set high for staff, as well as the management team.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The pay
Productive and fast paced environment with a main focus in making customers happy
Server (Current Employee) –  Newmarket7 March 2014
A Typical day at work involves serving all tables within my designated section. Having a full knowledge of the menu, chefs features, ingrediants in each dish, and all procedures.
Hardest part of the job are due to no fault of the server having unhappy customers, e.g. food wasnt what they thought.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interract with customers and build a relationship with them where they trust your opinion or recommendations. And having them leave happy.
Fast pace, supportive, working environment
Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 September 2012
A typical day for any restaurants is good business during the morning, afternoon and evening so the work load would increase during those hours. I learned to work as a team in close quarters and rely on people around you. My co-workers were playful and supportive. The hardest part of the job would have to be moving in a small kitchen since i'm 6'2. The end of the work day when all the employees stayed and conversed with each other.
Second bussiest restaurant in the Country. Fun (most of the time), fast paced, good people.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 April 2012
HAving a large staff at the resautrant means many different personalities which I find to be one of the main strong points of the establishment. Peoples Versatility and what each induvidual brings to the table makes working at Milestones very fun and interesting. Strong traingin guidlines sets every associate up for great sucsess for future employment.