Milestones Employee Reviews

it's okay.
Development Coach (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2017
The location I worked at was owned by a franchisee. Not the best decision in my opinion. The Milestones culture is outstanding but the owners will run you down and out with it. There's not place for advancement and you won't see a raise for many many many years and if you do, it'll be $0.15. I wouldn't suggest it. High turn over because of management.

Hours are based on customer flow (which is normal). Your "full time" position quickly changes to "part time" because then they don't have to give you more than 25 hours a week.
Pros
great friends
Cons
horribly managed
Great while you're a student
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
Flexible scheduling.
Good pay and opportunities for advancement.
Slow location.
Varying management styles (not always a bad thing), but lack of synergy amongst management.
Had high-turnover with GM's. I believe 3 or 4 during my employment.
A family friendly dining experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 February 2017
The ideal serving job. Unless you're the day-long/closing server, bartender or manager your shift is usually fairly short and sweet. Management effectively staffs according to peak business times and makes cuts appropriately. They also assess the strength of their team and will reward strong servers with larger sections.
Pros
50% off staff meals!
Cons
Shorter shifts mean smaller cheques.
Productive and very welcoming work environment
Suate chef (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 March 2017
Everyone on the staff gets along with eachother, HOH and FOH, all employees are very welcoming and you are always greeted when you arrive by the management. Everyone is hardworking and always helping eachother out if they need a hand. overall milestones is a very good place to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
some slow hours
very productive and great learning environment
(Cara) (Restaurant Manager) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 December 2016
Great working environment and very nice team. I learned a lot about management and how to deal with different guests. The hardest part was sometimes you get some special guests. Overall a very satisfying experience
Great Team
Host (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2017
Working at Milestones has allowed me to work both individually and as a part of a larger team. Staff and Management has always been welcoming and willing to teach me new skills in order to progress my learning.
Productive fun
LEAD SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 February 2017
Excellent management team, kitchen was the great fun staff great guests loved this job would work there again. potato potato potato potato potato potato
Awsome job!
Lead Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
Great place to work! Very corporate and structured environment. They focus on behavior to make it an awesome workplace. People who have bad attitudes do not last long at Milestones due to the focus on behavior.
Pros
Free meals, goood morale.
Cons
Can feel as though you are in a cult due to the focus on behavior.
A great place to learn all the different aspects of restaurants.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
A typical day involved opening the restaurant and preparing for the massive amount of people who frequented the restaurant. I was a bartender/server so I always had more than enough to keep me busy.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Many double shifts.
Fast paced but rewarding.
Line Cook (Fry) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
It's a fast placed workplace with not much room for slacking off. I learned a decent amount about food and preparation while there which was nice when applied to every day life. Hardly any breaks if any. Good environment with friendly but focused cooks.
loved my work
Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
i loved working for this company. if it was not for injury i would still be working for them. my only complaint is that as a kitchen attendant i didn t get enough hours.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
not enough hours
fun place, friendly people
Busboy/Host (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 August 2016
come into work greeted by the kitchen staff. walk out front to the desk to start work. greet customers seat them to their table. when no t seating costumers. we would socialize among each other.
Pros
Fun
Cons
rude customers
milestones is a great company to work for, good team.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2016
AWESOME PROS OUTWEIGH CONS- Great Staff, Great Management.
Busy and long hours but thats just how it works in every restaurant
Amazing place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 January 2016
Always busy, promotes team work, learning to deal with an array of different personalities and situations, Management and co workers are amazing, hardest part of the job is becoming efficient with the vast menu, best part of the job is getting to interact with people every day.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
N/A
Milestones is great.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 January 2016
Haven't worked there long enough to review, so far its been really good. I always have something to do, its always fairly busy. The management is really great.
Unproductive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 January 2016
Not the best working enviroment. My school schedule was hardly ever respected and in return I was making basically no money off it which is why I quit so soon
Pros
half of food
Cons
Bad management
productive fun and challenging at times
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB9 May 2016
great place to work for just not for me so much anymore a typical day would be me plating and ensuring the food quality was at or above par
Nice place to work
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
Decent place to work, Very nice environment. however the quality of food was sub par and my standards as a chef are of a higher quality, This is why I wanted something fresh.
Pros
good environment
Cons
quality of food
Definitely a good environment and amazing people
Line cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 September 2012
It would depend on the day but during the week we would be just preparing for the weekend mostly. Depending on how many reservations and what day of the week it was. Everyday had a special item on the menu. During the weekend I would be on preparing all the dishes, preparing the breakfast dishes and doing the rest of the prep. I learnt a lot when I worked there, how to make general foods, as well as how to use the machines properly. The management definitely was easy going when it came to schedule and they were really fun people to work with as well as the co-workers. The hardest thing I would of had to do was probably a friday or saturday night, the place was constantly packed and it sure was busy. I do have to say the most enjoyable part of the job had to be between working with the people and making the food, I really enjoy finding how everything is made from scratch, the process it takes and the outcome that it gives you in the end.
Fantastic experience
Expeditor and Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2015
A full 8 hours of work surrounded by hard working driven individuals who came together as a great team.
Fantastic leadership with a positive driving force and clear ambition to further increase the positive reputation of the restaurant.
Management was mainly honest and straight forward with clear intentions and a well managed floor.
Hardest part of the job was definitely the massive lunch and dinner rushes that kept you moving at the fastest pace.
Great atmosphere, people, and management. Loads of techniques learnt from patient experience staff.
Pros
Free lunch, good people, good hours
Cons
Overtime was scarce to come by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestones. Our community is ready to answer.