Milestones Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice place to work
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Decent place to work, Very nice environment. however the quality of food was sub par and my standards as a chef are of a higher quality, This is why I wanted something fresh.
Pros
good environment
Cons
quality of food
Milestones is great.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Haven't worked there long enough to review, so far its been really good. I always have something to do, its always fairly busy. The management is really great.
Very fun workplace
Hobart (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Hardest part of the job would be the hour change. Closing one night and opening the next takes a toll on the body. But other than that the people were very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Very wet
Amazing place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Always busy, promotes team work, learning to deal with an array of different personalities and situations, Management and co workers are amazing, hardest part of the job is becoming efficient with the vast menu, best part of the job is getting to interact with people every day.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
N/A
Unproductive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Not the best working enviroment. My school schedule was hardly ever respected and in return I was making basically no money off it which is why I quit so soon
Pros
half of food
Cons
Bad management
milestones is a great company to work for, good team.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 16, 2016
AWESOME PROS OUTWEIGH CONS- Great Staff, Great Management.
Busy and long hours but thats just how it works in every restaurant
Great place to serve
Bartender/Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Milestones was a great place to serve, they are very customer service driven and eager to please. I served and managed in multiple locations, the standards were always set high for staff, as well as the management team.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The pay
milestones
Waitress (Former Employee) –  toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Keep area clean
Shine wine glasses
Cutlery
Introduce myself to the costumers
Drink or meal promotions (suggestive selling)
Running food
Circulation pattern + Team work
1. wait station
2. bar
3. section/ buddy section manicuring
4.ho bart (drop dishes look left for clean ones to bring out)
5.wait station (yell 2 hands when able to help team members)
Checking to see that the costumers remain satisfied
Guest recovery
Billing
Answer phone
Pros
teamwork
Great
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 9, 2015
Very inviting staff. Mangers are relax and easy-going. Flexible with schedule change. Get to meet lots of people. Tip outs are nice.
Pros
tip out
Cons
inconsistent work hours
Organized, fast pace environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up your workstation and stocking before service. One of the things I have learned while working there is how to master brunch. Management was awesome to work with. Co workers were amazing as well. The hardest part of the job was Brunch service. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and how smoothly everything ran.
Pros
50% of meals
Cons
Working every weekend
Fantastic experience
Expeditor and Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
A full 8 hours of work surrounded by hard working driven individuals who came together as a great team.
Fantastic leadership with a positive driving force and clear ambition to further increase the positive reputation of the restaurant.
Management was mainly honest and straight forward with clear intentions and a well managed floor.
Hardest part of the job was definitely the massive lunch and dinner rushes that kept you moving at the fastest pace.
Great atmosphere, people, and management. Loads of techniques learnt from patient experience staff.
Pros
free lunch, good people, good hours
Cons
overtime was scarce to come by.
ed
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time at milestone, the staff and overall experience was great. word word word word word word wored word word word word word word this is so annoying why do you make this mandatory this is the worst job applying site ive ever used. you ruin the resume by making your own template gfys
friendly co workers
Line cook (Former Employee) –  market mallNovember 9, 2014
open station(s) for the day
close station(s) at end of night
learned basic cooking techniques
knife and food safety socialized in a friendly fast paced environment
hardest part of the job was a few un friendly or un wanted co workers and the pay
most enjoyable was seeing all the people and smiling faces
Pros
always got my full 40hrs a week
Cons
sometimes would need to get back pay from office errors
busy with good food
sous chef (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 28, 2014
Always came in happy because l enjoyed my job and most of the people l worked with . Did food inventory every monday . Worked the line in all stations. most enjoyable part of my job was making sure every guest left happy,
Pros
good pay, some nice people
Cons
the other people that weren`t nice and respectfull
serve clients, clean table, drinks
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
don't like diversity

new management

racist

clients complain all the time about food, kitchen mistake !!

kitchen is soooo dirty !!!
Pros
co-works are ok
Cons
terrible management and schedule
It was bad and good...
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
So let me start of by saying i was 15, it was my first job and i was a dishwasher there. So il go from bad to good. Bad things were unreliable hours (sometimes way too long, and sometimes way too short, never really a middle point), very boring job especially since considering my age nobody else there was really my age, extremely high paced, the expectations were way too high for a 15 year old doing his first job, everything was always really hot and i burned my hands several times, nobody was really patient enough to help you out, the cleanup/closing was the absolute worst, there were a million things to do and so many things to clean, and those things were always covered in stuff that took ages to get off because the other employees never bothered to do their jobs well enough, people treat you like your their servant or something and i didn't even get payed for the first 4 months i worked there. It was a horrible job, but now the good. It was good work experience and now i know never to find a job as a dishwasher again. Oh and the managers were actually really nice, I can't say anything bad about them, they were very understanding and always had time to listen. It's the co-worker (the one i was ways stuck with for some reason) who was a complete jerk and was like 7 years older than me and treated me like a piece of trash because i was so much younger than him. So i'd say if you're anywhere around 18- to mid or high 20's then this place would suit you well. Not a good first job.
Pros
occasional free plates of food, free soda, a little over minimum wage
Cons
long hours (or short ones), very demanding, boring, no brakes, etc...
Milestones
Fryer Cook/Kitchen Hand - full Time (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 21, 2014
The job was Difficult but satisfying. I learned many things about the working environment and dealing with demands by managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between the employees.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
late hours
Productive and Fun workplace with many opportunities to meet new people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 23, 2014
A typical day working at Milestones as a hostess would start with myself obtaining the board in which holds the table and server schedule. Upon obtaining this from my managers, I would set up my work station, clean up a little after the person who was last on, wipe down the windows, make sure all the tables in the restaurant were ready to be seated. I would wipe down all the menus that will be used for the shift, and as servers come in, add them into the rotation to seat them with guests. As the day, or night progresses, I stay on top of keeping the rotation going, making sure all servers get an equal amount of tables, I also keep on top of cleaning tables as guests leave, so that the table is ready for the next guest. At the closing of the shift, I do all the same duties as coming in, clean my area, wipe down the windows, make sure the tables are ready for guests, then return the board to my manager.
Working at Milestones has taught me great time-management skills, along with helping me to improve my customer service and communication skills.
The hardest part of being a hostess at Milestones was staying on top of the rotation for the servers, as the night or day progressed and got busier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with the guests as they entered and exited the restaurant, being able to meet so many new people.
Productive and fast paced environment with a main focus in making customers happy
Server (Current Employee) –  NewmarketMarch 7, 2014
A Typical day at work involves serving all tables within my designated section. Having a full knowledge of the menu, chefs features, ingrediants in each dish, and all procedures.
Hardest part of the job are due to no fault of the server having unhappy customers, e.g. food wasnt what they thought.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interract with customers and build a relationship with them where they trust your opinion or recommendations. And having them leave happy.
productive, fast paced, good people, fun time
Expediter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 30, 2014
all employees are fun and easy to work with, as with any restaurant job it can be stressful but i really enjoy it. hours are weird and spread out but the food is amazing and the experience is fulfilling.