Milestones

Milestones Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Hostess (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: tip out
Cons: inconsistent work hours
Very inviting staff. Mangers are relax and easy-going. Flexible with schedule change. Get to meet lots of people. Tip outs are nice.
Organized, fast pace environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: 50% of meals
Cons: Working every weekend
A typical day at work would be setting up your workstation and stocking before service. One of the things I have learned while working there is how to master brunch. Management was awesome to work with. Co workers were amazing as well. The hardest part of the job was Brunch service. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and how smoothly everything ran.
nice people nice environment good stuff
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 27, 2015
nice people nice environment good stuff nice people nice environment good stuff nice people nice environment good stuff nice people nice environment good stuff nice people nice environment good stuff
Fantastic experience
Expeditor and Line Chef (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good people, good hours
Cons: overtime was scarce to come by.
A full 8 hours of work surrounded by hard working driven individuals who came together as a great team.
Fantastic leadership with a positive driving force and clear ambition to further increase the positive reputation of the restaurant.
Management was mainly honest and straight forward with clear intentions and a well managed floor.
Hardest part of the job was definitely the massive lunch and dinner rushes that kept you moving at the fastest pace.
Great atmosphere, people, and management. Loads of techniques learnt from patient experience staff.
ed
Server (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time at milestone, the staff and overall experience was great. word word word word word word wored word word word word word word this is so annoying why do you make this mandatory this is the worst job applying site ive ever used. you ruin the resume by making your own template gfys
friendly co workers
Line cook (Former Employee), market mallNovember 9, 2014
Pros: always got my full 40hrs a week
Cons: sometimes would need to get back pay from office errors
open station(s) for the day
close station(s) at end of night
learned basic cooking techniques
knife and food safety socialized in a friendly fast paced environment
hardest part of the job was a few un friendly or un wanted co workers and the pay
most enjoyable was seeing all the people and smiling faces
busy with good food
sous chef (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, some nice people
Cons: the other people that weren`t nice and respectfull
Always came in happy because l enjoyed my job and most of the people l worked with . Did food inventory every monday . Worked the line in all stations. most enjoyable part of my job was making sure every guest left happy,
serve clients, clean table, drinks
Waitress (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: co-works are ok
Cons: terrible management and schedule
don't like diversity

new management

racist

clients complain all the time about food, kitchen mistake !!

kitchen is soooo dirty !!!
It was bad and good...
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: occasional free plates of food, free soda, a little over minimum wage
Cons: long hours (or short ones), very demanding, boring, no brakes, etc...
So let me start of by saying i was 15, it was my first job and i was a dishwasher there. So il go from bad to good. Bad things were unreliable hours (sometimes way too long, and sometimes way too short, never really a middle point), very boring job especially since considering my age nobody else there was really my age, extremely high paced, the expectations were way too high for a 15 year old doing his first job, everything was always really hot and i burned my hands several times, nobody was really patient enough to help you out, the cleanup/closing was the absolute worst, there were a million things to do and so many things to clean, and those things were always covered in stuff that took ages to get off because the other employees never bothered to do their jobs well enough, people treat you like your their servant or something and i didn't even get payed for the first 4 months i worked there. It was a horrible job, but now the good. It was good work experience and now i know never to find a job as a dishwasher again. Oh and the managers were actually really nice, I can't say anything bad about them, they were very understanding and always had time to listen. It's the co-worker (the one i was ways stuck with for some reason) who was a complete jerk and was like 7 years older than me and treated me like a piece of trash because i was so much younger than him. So i'd say if you're anywhere around 18- to mid or high 20's then this place would suit you well. Not a good first job.
Milestones
Fryer Cook/Kitchen Hand - full Time (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: late hours
The job was Difficult but satisfying. I learned many things about the working environment and dealing with demands by managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between the employees.
Productive and Fun workplace with many opportunities to meet new people
Hostess (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 23, 2014
A typical day working at Milestones as a hostess would start with myself obtaining the board in which holds the table and server schedule. Upon obtaining this from my managers, I would set up my work station, clean up a little after the person who was last on, wipe down the windows, make sure all the tables in the restaurant were ready to be seated. I would wipe down all the menus that will be used for the shift, and as servers come in, add them into the rotation to seat them with guests. As the day, or night progresses, I stay on top of keeping the rotation going, making sure all servers get an equal amount of tables, I also keep on top of cleaning tables as guests leave, so that the table is ready for the next guest. At the closing of the shift, I do all the same duties as coming in, clean my area, wipe down the windows, make sure the tables are ready for guests, then return the board to my manager.
Working at Milestones has taught me great time-management skills, along with helping me to improve my customer service and communication skills.
The hardest part of being a hostess at Milestones was staying on top of the rotation for the servers, as the night or day progressed and got busier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with the guests as they entered and exited the restaurant, being able to meet so many new people.
Productive and fast paced environment with a main focus in making customers happy
Server (Current Employee), NewmarketMarch 7, 2014
A Typical day at work involves serving all tables within my designated section. Having a full knowledge of the menu, chefs features, ingrediants in each dish, and all procedures.
Hardest part of the job are due to no fault of the server having unhappy customers, e.g. food wasnt what they thought.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interract with customers and build a relationship with them where they trust your opinion or recommendations. And having them leave happy.
productive, fast paced, good people, fun time
Expediter (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 30, 2014
all employees are fun and easy to work with, as with any restaurant job it can be stressful but i really enjoy it. hours are weird and spread out but the food is amazing and the experience is fulfilling.
Great company
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2013
Comprehensive training, busy fun atmosphere. Downtown location promotes corporate guests and theatre crowds. Not long hours, good tips.
Director of QTV/Cooking/Hosting (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2013
There are no typical days at Milestones. It is a fast pace work environment where you learn to adapt and work responsible at the same time. The only thing that is typical about it would be the end goal which is always the perfect guest experience.
Milestones has taught me how to deal with multiple problems on multiple fronts and succeed. How to take potential disaster and turn them into perfection.
My co-workers are great people. Like most restaurants you will find an assortment of characters. This makes every day different. You learn how to adapt and work with people to create the most positive and productive environment possible.
The Hardest part is the rushes when everything is coming at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people truly enjoy the experience you provide for them. Sending people home with a smile and a great time makes all the hard work worth it.
great place relaxed,good profeshinal people,cleen B.O.H,and F.O.H
Pantry chef (Former Employee), NewmarketMay 28, 2013
Pros: staff meals, benifits, great team
Cons: some pay issues
nice clean fresh kitchen verry open with lots of room,plesent F.O.H staff that works well with the kitchen, Managers do work floor when bussy, and do seam to care pay is O.K
great people
Line cook (Current Employee), WaterlooMay 9, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: short hours.
i fill my station
i flip my station
i have learned how to multi task and increase my speed.
i have a great group of people that i work with who make comming into work fun.
Great Workplace
Server/Host/Expo (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: cheap meals
Cons: long hours indeed
fun place to work
Very busy!
Co workers were just amazing
The hardest part of the job which is not really that hard, is your side duties when your finished serving your tables. It takes about an hour or more after your last table to complete your duties.
Fast pace, supportive, working environment
Food Preparation (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 27, 2012
A typical day for any restaurants is good business during the morning, afternoon and evening so the work load would increase during those hours. I learned to work as a team in close quarters and rely on people around you. My co-workers were playful and supportive. The hardest part of the job would have to be moving in a small kitchen since i'm 6'2. The end of the work day when all the employees stayed and conversed with each other.
Definitely a good environment and amazing people
Line cook/Prep (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 22, 2012
It would depend on the day but during the week we would be just preparing for the weekend mostly. Depending on how many reservations and what day of the week it was. Everyday had a special item on the menu. During the weekend I would be on preparing all the dishes, preparing the breakfast dishes and doing the rest of the prep. I learnt a lot when I worked there, how to make general foods, as well as how to use the machines properly. The management definitely was easy going when it came to schedule and they were really fun people to work with as well as the co-workers. The hardest thing I would of had to do was probably a friday or saturday night, the place was constantly packed and it sure was busy. I do have to say the most enjoyable part of the job had to be between working with the people and making the food, I really enjoy finding how everything is made from scratch, the process it takes and the outcome that it gives you in the end.