Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

nice place to work at
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2018
enjoyable place to work at, would much more prefer though to move up in a business and be out of the industry.

learned how to cope with all different kinds of people.
solved problems, dealt with money
Horrible management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2018
Cut back on dish crew, leading to one man closing a night. Stained dishes are given at the end, making it hard to leave on time. Co-workers use you at times of need and never seem to help you. Co-workers at the heartland area easily hate when mistakes are made and are overall childish. No advancement out of dish unless you suggest a friend to join and be the new dish. No breaks (if you take one, you'll fall very far behind) long hours but good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, childish co-workers, no breaks, huge work load.
Fun workplace and great staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 January 2018
was a great experience for a summer season. The patio is one of the best in town and the managers were always fun to work with. shifts always seemed to go by quickly and the environment was a great learning experience for everyone.
Pros
discounted food, good staff parties, fun work environment
Cons
hot days!
productive and fine work place.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 January 2018
I just work as a partime. Mangement is ok even my co worker. More patient work harmoniously with my co worker. keep my self calm and focus. hardest part is during summer.
Pros
free lunch
Management does not vaule your time
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2018
Management is dishonest about labour hours and cuts paycheques. You could be told to go home an hour after your shift starts if it isn't busy, even if you travel a far distance for your shift.
Pros
weekend dinners are busy
Cons
management and labour
Hard work but good people to be around.
Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC16 December 2017
Youll enjoy the people there and how much they really care and make you want to stay. Overall a great place to work, had some issues with front of house management but aside from that. Good place to work
Pros
Discount card, good co-workers, fun environment
Milestones
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 December 2017
It was a great place to work. my typical day was i start at 11, and it gets very busy depending on the day, so i had very little time to do my prep list, it would be busy till 2 then i had 1 hour to do 15 things on my prep list.
The people in the workplace were really nice but the job it self(dish washing) wasn't really a fun thing to do for 8 hours with no break
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
Overall as I said people were really nice to me but dishwashing wasn't my favorite activity and that's the reason that i quit the job.Every day, I would enter the restaurant, set up the dishwashing station and start washing dishes for 8 hours with no breaks and I had to help the other members of the kitchen when the dishwashing station was clean.The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had no breaks at all during the 8 hours of work and dishwashing wasn't an easy job especially in busy days.In my opinion, the people at milestones were really nice to me especially the chefs who didn't yell at me even once.In my workplace, I learned many things such as, how to be a team player, how to be a responsible person and how to manage and set up my time properly.
Pros
I learned some teamwork skills, how to manage my time and how to be a responsible person
Cons
I didn't have the opportunity to actually communicate with other people
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 November 2017
Fun place to work nice people nice management, learning how to make there dishes there was fun, always busy and something to do to keep you busy, never a dull moment
My Review
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
When coming into work everything depends on the day, everyday it is something new and nothing is ever the same. The people there are extremely friendly and they care about how your doing, but it is always super busy there.
Pros
The people there, cheap lunches
Cons
long work hours
Fast-paced and new faces
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2017
Milestones is a great environment to challenge yourself if you want a busy work environment. Always upbeat and welcoming, satisfying every guest's needs.
Pros
50% discount when working, 20% when not working
Cons
Long standing period of time
Work with a great team, very fun workplace, we keep the morale up to be able to show the best guest experience when they walk in the door.
Server/Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2017
It's very important to from the time a guest enters the facility until the time they leave to enjoy their experience and their service.. it starts with the service, than the food, and how they are appreciated at their departure.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Long hours... but I love it
Productive fun atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
Great place to work, fun environment. Made alright money, they cut your shifts really early. The coworkers were the best friends i've ever made, miss them to this day.
Solid Brand
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto23 September 2017
Great standards, fantastic people & dedicated customer-first culture.
Although part of a larger congolmerate, the company remains a solid identify and great committment to great service.
Nice company to work for
Dishwasher / Line Cook / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
fun place to work but its hard for anyone to move up, they expect you to learn every station and then they will see if they have a sit down and see if you could get it.
Pros
free food
Cons
long weekends
Milestones Bar & Grill by Cara Ltd.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
o Directed staffing, training, guest relations, purchasing, cost controls, facilities and building maintenance.
o Mentored Staff and Mangers to successful careers at all levels up to and including GM
o Training lead for all Edmonton Milestones locations, certified “Super Coach” by in house program.
Corporate structure with great employees
Bartender/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 July 2017
Working at Milestones was teaches you proper process when it comes to serving and bartending. Its a corporate company that has easy to follow rules and a structure that works. I learned time management and organization here as you are constantly hustling to get to the next table. the hours and physical activity can get hard over a days work but the reward is usually worth it.
Pros
Flexible hours and great tips
Cons
Unpredicatble hours when slow
Corporate Environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
Cara is a company that I have worked with in different capacities/brands over the last 15 years. It has been through many struggles from a financial respect and it has caused some loss in the culture that it once had.
Cara still offers great opportunities for anyone looking to work in a corporate environment and take away the operational standards and process that come with an organization of this size.
Great Leadership with Opportunities for Entrepreneurial Individuals
Multi-Unit General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
This company gave me the opportunities to take real ownership and help grow the brand with in the Edmonton market. I was able to develop my multi-unit leadership skills and mentor many other leaders to successful careers with in the company.
Productive place
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 June 2017
Love working there from the start . At the end I never got alot of hours and got laid off . People are nice there to with . Got a mela 50 percent off when working
Pros
50 percent off lunches