Milestones Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

The people in the workplace were really nice but the job it self(dish washing) wasn't really a fun thing to do for 8 hours with no break
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
Overall as I said people were really nice to me but dishwashing wasn't my favorite activity and that's the reason that i quit the job.Every day, I would enter the restaurant, set up the dishwashing station and start washing dishes for 8 hours with no breaks and I had to help the other members of the kitchen when the dishwashing station was clean.The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had no breaks at all during the 8 hours of work and dishwashing wasn't an easy job especially in busy days.In my opinion, the people at milestones were really nice to me especially the chefs who didn't yell at me even once.In my workplace, I learned many things such as, how to be a team player, how to be a responsible person and how to manage and set up my time properly.
Pros
I learned some teamwork skills, how to manage my time and how to be a responsible person
Cons
I didn't have the opportunity to actually communicate with other people
My Review
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
When coming into work everything depends on the day, everyday it is something new and nothing is ever the same. The people there are extremely friendly and they care about how your doing, but it is always super busy there.
Pros
The people there, cheap lunches
Cons
long work hours
productive and great place to work
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC14 February 2017
Great place to work! Everyone if positive and just in general great people to work with. The managers were great and very helpful with anything that you needed help with.
Pros
not too busy
Cons
sometimes way to slow
slightly laid back work environment,
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 January 2017
it has been an average work experience.
The menu changes frequently creating learning opportunities for anyone seeking to enhance their culinary skills.
great environment but no room to move up
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2016
milestone's has a fun, enjoyable and fast paced but there is no room for growth, every one is at a standstill with no way to move up. the co-workers are great, management is lacking organisation and front of house isn't very experienced. nothing is made fresh which bothers me as a cook who loves food and enjoys cooking
Pros
great team and friendly staff
Cons
no organisation and everything is out of the bag.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC16 September 2016
Hostessing can be overwhelming at times but whenever it got busy, the servers helped out management helped out. Most enjoyable part was greeting guests and making sure their experience was good. Schedule definitely needed some fine tuning, we were understaffed due to renovations however management should have considered hiring one or two more hostesses part time. All in all, a really good experience and definitely love the new style of this restaurant. I miss my Milestones family, they were without a doubt the best!
Pros
got half off of meals
Cons
1 shift would sometimes turn into 2 split shifts with no warning
Great atmosphere, stellar management, great coworkers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2016
This is a place I look forward to spending my workday. While I have been in this industry for a while, and am familiar with the ins and outs, I am constantly finding ways to improve myself and take on more tasks than called for in my job description, ways to improve my prioritization skills and become more confident in my abilities with plans to take my career to the next level.
I admire and learn much from the management in the way they lead, communicate and relate to their staff. They seem to genuinely care about us as people, ask and expect us to be productive, but are fair, reasonable and kind.
My coworkers range in personalities and ages, but I enjoy interacting and getting to know them.
The most difficult thing to work with is the occasional employee with a poor attitude who obviously doesn't want to be there, or complains about their job.
I enjoy long hours, working hard, a fast pace, hardworking and positive coworkers that become like family, management that sees potential and helps you achieve it, and coming home at the end of a long day, knowing that it was worth it, looking forward to the next work day.
Always something to do
Supervising Shift Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
There is never a moment in which there is nothing to do. You can always clean, set up what will be needed in the future, there are always guests and you always need to be aware of your surroundings. I've learned to work with every different kind of person and how to successfully communicate with every kind of guest. Management is there for you and always has your back. Your co-workers become your second family. The hardest part is not knowing what you're going to make that day, sure the harder you work the more you should make. But the industry itself is highly unpredictable.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Uncertain money
fantastic place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2015
Being a counsellor in training is probably the best job I've ever had. I really enjoyed working with kids and the forever changing dynamics of the day to day work.
OK but the hours
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  mississauga, on13 March 2015
Wasnt crazy about the hours due to school, thats about all i can really complain about. People were nice and good breaks. all that can really be said
Cons
hours

Want to know more about Milestones Bar and Grill?

Ask a question
Associates and peers were very easy to lead and work with.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2014
Company showed some promise and menu creation and adaptation to modern trends was unique.
Convenient
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto5 September 2013
The service industry is definitely a fun place to be in, but in my eyes, temporarily. Its Constant customer service, and utilizing your sales techniques. The Co-workers are great fun, and you have to work in a team setting to get things done efficiently.
Pros
Tip Money
Cons
Late Closes
An experience
General/Senior Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 April 2013
Responsible for day to day operations including, running floor shifts, as well as setting daily sales goals and average guest check targets (AGC). Additional expectations included daily health and food safety walk throughs, addressing and finding solutions to guest, and staff issues, as well as handling all cash-outs and Point of Sales (POS) discrepancies. In addition, a primary role of restaurant management is to drive guest and brand loyalty in a highly competitive region.
Pros
people
Cons
politics