Milestone GRP UK Ltd. is looking for a reliable student (preferably studying international affairs/business) for part-time work as a transcriber in Montreal, Canada. The ideal candidate should be bilingual English/Spanish and have some professional experience in transcribing interviews/documents or other written materials.
NOTE: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Keep log sheets for all assigned recordings and file log sheets correctly and in order. File master audio files correctly and in order for easy access.
- Transcribe recorded (audio) interviews from our international projects around the world.
- Perform minor editing to ensure that interview transcripts read like a written text, not a spoken conversation (with guidance from Editor).
- Translate transcriptions from Spanish to English, if required (for our projects in Latin America).
- Review and proofread transcripts to ensure accuracy and legibility of the text and make necessary adjustments.
- Report regularly to the Editorial Director about the transcripts completed.
- Respect deadlines for transcriptions set by management and fulfil all duties within the given time frame and to the highest standard of quality.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
Fluent in English and Spanish language, with prefect written language abilities. The ability to be self-motivated, efficiently organize your work, work under pressure, exercise discretion and confidentiality are essential. Word processing and/or computer experience, type 55 correct words per minute, transcribe from electronic dictating equipment, and proofread transcribed text.
Graduation from an accredited high school, or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
Some work experience in transcribing preferred.
Economic/business knowledge is an advantage.
We are looking for a part-time employee who can work with us via email for now. If the work is of the quality we require and the candidate displays the necessary skills and personality, we are open to the idea of offering him/her a more permanent position within out Montreal office which will open in Fall 2013. We are a young company and looking to expand our global presence by establishing a production hub in Montreal.
Remote work arrangement
20 dollars per transcription (approx. 7-10 transcriptions per week)
The position is based in Montreal. A more permanent position can be offered to the candidate mid 2013.
STARTING DATE: immediate