Mechanical- Product Development Engineer ( P.Eng.)
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for leading product development from concept through to manufacture, with emphasis on applying the company’s current technology. This incumbent will have manufacturing/ mechanical engineering expertise with a focus on pneumatics.This position will serve two functions: translating customer requirements into working design specifications and working on large contracts in modifying existing products/technology in response to contract related requirements. In addition to design, this position will also lead the manufacturing team to ensure the producability of new products.
• Works on integrated product teams (IPTs) for various projects, advises and provides technical direction on assigned project(s) to other staff within company
• Independently designs and modifies existing products/technology in response to contract related requirements per company standards and customer specifications.
• Provides and develops accurate material lists for both internal and external requirements on projects
• Responsible for all aspects of sourcing materials (change management, obsolescence issues, etc.)
• Conducts final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
• Develops project related requirements for products from customer specifications for new or modified designs.
• Produce, or assist in the production, of detailed engineering and assembly drawings
• Conduct the field testing of new products in accordance with STANAG/MIL-STD 810F standards
• Typical activities include:
o Leading or participates in technical discussions directly with customer to represent/protects the company interests.
o Interfacing with internal/external contacts to include vendors, subcontractors and prime contractors on technical matters.
o Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides recommendations in resolving complex, unique or major problems. Provides technical leadership to individuals or teams in resolving problems
o Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
• Ensures producability and manufacturing feasibility of product during design stage
• Transitions completed product design into deliverable (oversees manufacturing processes, in specific moulding and machining)
• Develops component breakdown for completed designs
• Develops assembly processes for completed designs
• Maintains project related files, documents and revision control of documents under their direct control
• Generates schedule, budget and product/system specifications as required.
• Typical activities include:
o Reviewing specification documents and assisting in generating technical proposals and cost estimates as requested.
o Defining specifications for new or modified products and seeking out areas of specialization to meet project needs
• Must have a Professional Engineering license
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of direct work experience relating to: product (prototype) development, production systems, regulations, guidelines, associated standards and manufacturing experience.
• Read, interpret and produce engineering drawings (AutoCAD or Solid Works) in accordance with industry standards.
• Read, interpret and produce pneumatic schematics in accordance with industry standards
• Familiar with conventional machining processes and tools, in specific multi-axis CNC milling machines.
• Familiar with conventional and advanced moulding processes for plastics
• .Good knowledge of metals, alloys and plastics, including their properties.
• Ability to identify key financial performance indicators and their relationship with project indicators.
• Excellent grasp of diverse, fundamental mechanical engineering concepts and relationships.
• Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
• Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude..
• Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis.
• High level of personal integrity.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective time management skills.
• Confident, consistent decisive personality.
• Ability to integrate new technologies into machines to insure that the organization is meeting its high quality goals and objectives.
If you are a detailed, dependable team player that thrives on achieving goals and solving problems, then please submit your resume and cover letter in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday January 21, 2013.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Why Join MIL-SIM-FX:
• Organization committed to your success
• Competitive salary with great benefits
• Career advancement opportunities
• Learning and development opportunities
• Challenging work
• Unique, dynamic, and fun work culture
MIL-SIM-FX International Inc. is a privately owned small business in Tillsonburg, Ontario. We are an important supplier of non-pyrotechnic training simulators to the Canadian Department of National Defense and to US and Foreign Armed Forces. – less