Midwest Surveys Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The most honest and truthful review.
Plan checker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 January 2017
My time spent at MS I. was fairly unproductive. I never went anywhere with in the company as far as advancement. I put my time in and went above my job description. 99.6% of the work is oil and gas which should scare any new applicant thinking it's a life long career. Morale was at an all time low and most likely still is. MSI avoids the truth when people voice their concerns and experiences. HR department is very cleaver when it comes to laws and rights, be careful. Wage was not good at all compared to their competition. Very much an old boys club. Worked with alot of great people who were let go to protect company sponsored vehicle allowances, great decision. Bonuses were not exactly helpful compared to the money being generated when it was busy. Attitudes and egos are very large. Experienced some very awful things while working there. Glad I'm done.
Pros
Didnt have to pay for coffee
Cons
Layoffs, egos, attitudes, no professionalism, cliques, poor management, lack of consideration and care, me myself and I
Official response from Midwest Surveys Inc.
7 February 2017

Thank you for contributing your perspective on the employment experience at Midwest Surveys. I was genuinely concerned to read your comments. As you know, Midwest includes people as one of our core values and we do our best to make fair decisions when it comes to company policies and practices.

Reviews posted here are anonymous, if you would like to address anything further, please contact me directly at 1-800-387-3032 or email kpoxon@midwestsurveys.com. Take care- Midwest Surveys

Comment – 15 March 2017

Thanks but no thanks. I no longer have the worry about alternative facts and can live the rest of my life knowing that my past horror is exactly that, the past. Take care and Kcco.

Dedicated staff and responsible leadership
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
Midwest Surveys is a company that encourages growth, supports employee development and mentors its staff. This company is committed to providing its staff with the best resources, with educational and financial assistance, creating meaningful experience and an opportunity to work on challenging projects.

There is lots of fun to be had at Midwest. From Social Club breakfasts, ski trips, Wine-O-Survivor, potlucks, holiday parties and retirement parties. The staff at Midwest knows how to bring play into their workplaces.
Pros
Fun place to work. Awesome people. Employee Bonuses. EHSA.
Professional Employee's own company
Geomatics Technologist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 November 2015
Midwest Surveys is a professional land surveying company. My first job in Canada as Geomatics Technologist was there and I learnt a lot because of its friendly environment and highly skilled management.
Pros
Highly technical staff
Cons
Everybody is having single job or responsibility forever which is boring sometimes.
Official response from Midwest Surveys Inc.
16 August 2016

Thank you for taking your time to write this review, we appreciate your feedback and experience at Midwest Surveys Inc.

Friendly team oriented environment
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Office18 July 2015
Overall, a good place to work and develop your career. Employees are treated with respect and management genuinely cares for their personal development.
Collaborative and highly engaged company to work with.
Corporate HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary6 May 2015
I had the opportunity to work closley with a stellar President and COO over the course of my time with MSI. The company was very progressive and focused on delivering exceptional service and keeping employees engaged with meaningful work and appreciation of their efforts. The management team was a gift to work with offering a high appreciation and value for HR's contribution and support. MSI fosters a strong culture of safety, ethical and a respectful workplace.